PDA

View Full Version : Why do u play on green, blue. I'm genuinely curious.

magnetaress
01-24-2021, 03:06 PM
I just want a lvl 57 earth pet by the end of the year on red. Don't really care a lot about getting it focused and stuff.

I'll run around dsing and helping newbs do stuff.

I want to get back heavily into fasting, light yoga, and walks irl.

What are your plans on green and blue for 2021?

Zipity
01-24-2021, 03:13 PM
I recently quit blue and green, extremely difficult to do but proud to say I beat EQ, hopefully the rest of you can clear the last level sometime.

Tigris67
01-24-2021, 03:25 PM
I recently quit blue and green, extremely difficult to do but proud to say I beat EQ, hopefully the rest of you can clear the last level sometime.

Do you still lurk the forums then just for fun? Genuinely curious. Also gratz on taking a step away from Norrath and improving your IRL life.

Jibartik
01-24-2021, 03:27 PM
Back in 99 I inspected this Peace of Formasa guy, who spoke no english but in his inspect message it said "I only play game for 3 month and already beat it"

and I was like, dang this guy is way better at this game than me.

magnetaress
01-24-2021, 03:44 PM
I bet Formasa died as soon as they beat it and you were just inspecting their afterlife.

Vaye
01-24-2021, 04:30 PM
Unlike a lot of people on p99 it seems, I play to have fun. If I'm not having fun, I just log off. I don't sweat it up just to have some pixels. On its own this game isn't very fun or fair, but with the right friends you suffer and conquer together and it's a good time. I've got a good group of pals I play with right now, but if I didn't I'd probably have quit by now.

I've got a paladin newb on Red I sometimes box when I'm bored on Green. Asteria and I were talking about playing there some. Hit me up on discord if you wanna play~

Swish
01-24-2021, 09:39 PM
The people we group/guild/etc with is a big part of what makes EQ so good.

The raid scene is just there for comedy purposes in my case, its a good laugh watching elf court sessions.

Tunabros
01-24-2021, 09:44 PM
Unlike a lot of people on p99 it seems, I play to have fun. If I'm not having fun, I just log off. I don't sweat it up just to have some pixels. On its own this game isn't very fun or fair, but with the right friends you suffer and conquer together and it's a good time. I've got a good group of pals I play with right now, but if I didn't I'd probably have quit by now.

I've got a paladin newb on Red I sometimes box when I'm bored on Green. Asteria and I were talking about playing there some. Hit me up on discord if you wanna play~

Asteria wouldn't stop harassing me

kept spamming laughing memes at me for no reasons

Naethyn
01-24-2021, 10:36 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xYcX534JqG4

Vaye
01-25-2021, 03:27 AM

Yeah.. she'll do that sometimes! :/

Xer0
01-25-2021, 03:49 AM
I recently migrated to green because blue is so top heavy. There was just nothing to do as a levleling player.

That being said I have 3 characters between 49-52, but I don't really care to raid or for the high level grind and in fact have started new toons of the same classes (but with better gear from lv1) rather than play those high lvls.

And since I hadn't really played since green launch, I didn't realize the dismal state of the blue server. Upon realizing how desolate it was, decided to play on green.

Littul Jonn
01-25-2021, 04:08 AM
Do you still lurk the forums then just for fun? Genuinely curious. Also gratz on taking a step away from Norrath and improving your IRL life.

Not sure if trolling or not but I fall into this category haha. It’s interesting to catch up on the latest news here. Some people I spent a good amount of time with still are active so it’s nice to hear about what they’re up to. I wish more would abandon this game and join me in classic WoW because of the state of p99 but that’ll never happen.

I’m getting married this year, trying to start up grad school, and maybe look at buying a house sometime next year. In game I’m trying to clear 4 Horsemen and the rest of Naxx, been pretty challenging!

RecondoJoe
04-10-2021, 05:57 PM
makes sitting in front of a computer less boring, hehe

can afk a lot and still level toons or farm plat

goldlush
04-12-2021, 12:08 AM
I just want a lvl 57 earth pet by the end of the year on red. Don't really care a lot about getting it focused and stuff.

I'll run around dsing and helping newbs do stuff.

I want to get back heavily into fasting, light yoga, and walks irl.

What are your plans on green and blue for 2021?

I like red because i got to see end game content at a casual pace and I don't have to piss and crap myself like on green and blue.

Ok i piss and crap myself on red too

Arvan
04-12-2021, 12:18 AM
I dont hope this helps

Dirkdaring
04-12-2021, 10:09 AM
I never played on 99 until the launch of Green, but on live dec 99- jan 05 I played on Ayrona ro server and had toon on Sullon Zek, every mmo since I`ve rolled on pvp servers.

I`m not sure how long I will be on this server , atm I`m just goofing around having fun, everything that will ever be on this server as far as raid content etc, i did 20 years ago, but still fun playing in Norrath again.

I still do pvp though, I played Dark Age of Camelot, Warhammer online , Elder scrolls , and now when i need my pvp fun, I play on the Warhammer Online private server, they have over 3k players, and the full game atm, except for land of the dead, and Lost Vale

Here`s the link to that game . https://www.returnofreckoning.com/

magnetaress
04-12-2021, 11:39 AM
If I logged in again it would probably be to green on a Ranger. Or druid.

Basically because I would want to just be able to buff and heal people. Right now.

I was thinking about trying to find a partner to poopsock red for fast exp. But I think just pugging CB on green would be what was in the cards for me.

Anyway this thread is ancient please stop necroing it.

I miss being able to poop red full time. 😢.

Cecily
04-12-2021, 11:55 AM

lol

magnetaress
04-12-2021, 12:04 PM
I stopped harassing Tunabros because they are basically too easy to rustle.

Jimjam
04-12-2021, 12:06 PM
Cos my pal on red isn't inviting me to play!

magnetaress
04-12-2021, 12:09 PM
Cos my pal on red isn't inviting me to play!

U r quite a popular red player though ;)

Jimjam
04-12-2021, 12:30 PM
U r quite a popular red player though ;)

no u ;) ;)

Ravager
04-12-2021, 09:49 PM
I play on RnF. EverQuest in any of its forms really sucks hairy donkey balls with dingleberries.

Tethler
04-12-2021, 10:51 PM
Played blue casually for a few years. Swapped to green when it launched and didn't log on blue once for a solid year. RL buddy that leveled a monk to 50 on blue around the time I started decided to play again, so now I'm playing both.

I didn't have enough time for one server, let alone two, so maybe my green ranger will hit 55 before it merges into blue, heh.