PDA

View Full Version : When were they going to make a new green server

brokenkiller
01-19-2021, 05:46 PM
I know green isn't that old but is this still the plan? How many years from now?

DeathsSilkyMist
01-19-2021, 06:09 PM
Probably not for a while. Green is their first attempt at the "not beta server". This means they are still working on the process of deploying the server and the patches in a smooth fashion. They are still mulling over what to do with the server when it "ends". The end is still at least two years out I believe, so they don't really need to make a final decision in the near future.

My guess is the first Green server will last the longest, and subsequent servers will go faster, since they will have a complete process to get a server from vanilla to velious without additional work.

It is hard to say for sure though, a lot could change in a few years. Daybreak got bought out by another company if I recall correctly, so it is possible P99 gets shut down at some point.

Gustoo
01-19-2021, 06:20 PM
EQ EMU is on OK legal grounds. You the users buys the game and you can access the EQ EMU servers. The graphics and stuff are part of buying the game. I wouldn't worry too much about that.

The next new server will probably be a new PVP server, as red was the beta for that. Red 2.0 wasn't released at the same time as Green in order to give Green the most chance of success possible.

Originally Green was going to merge with blue but since then the staff has said they are not totally sure. I think it makes sense to have all the servers merge into the original server in the end, so people can get a fresh start without a lot of orphans lying around.

Green 2.0 at minimum is 2 years out. Till velious and all velious patches are complete. That's assuming they don't release red2.0 and give it some runway.

Bonethunder
01-19-2021, 06:43 PM
uh why do you want another server already what would the point be?

Gustoo
01-19-2021, 06:53 PM
Oh cmon dude he obviously wants a MANASTONE!

I dont know why we don't just do a vanilla locked server with all items permanently in game including manabones and rubicite and lustrous russet and DE mask why not.

Also pvp enabled.

magnetaress
01-19-2021, 08:38 PM
PvP

fastboy21
01-19-2021, 08:56 PM

I'm glad that they did something to prevent a 24/7 crazy-fest between players and volunteer GMs...but the /list system also successfully turned all the romance and drama of getting a guise/manastone into an experience about as romantic and exciting as a car ride through Kansas for three days.

mcoy
01-19-2021, 09:00 PM
I'm glad that they did something to prevent a 24/7 crazy-fest between players and volunteer GMs...but the /list system also successfully turned all the romance and drama of getting a guise/manastone into an experience about as romantic and exciting as a car ride through Kansas for three days.

Having done both a /list and driven through Kansas I would have to agree.

-Mcoy

Tunabros
01-19-2021, 10:17 PM
the real question is How long will the P99 last?

loramin
01-19-2021, 10:36 PM
The original game started in May 1999, and "ended" with Luclin in Dec 2001. Thus, a classic server has a minimum life of about 2 years, 7 months. Green started in Oct 2019, so it should have a minimum life that goes until May 2022. (https://wiki.project1999.com/Timeline)

However, there's two "X factors". First, the staff hasn't been perfectly religious in following the timeline. Second, even once we hit "Luclin time", it's pretty likely that the staff will keep the server goin for some amount of time longer ... but no one but them knows how long.

the real question is How long will the P99 last?

They're at what, 11 years and counting, and still going strong? Not any time soon.

Gustoo
01-19-2021, 11:48 PM
I’m looking forward to non classic fixes for non classic problems

1. Remove legacy junk completely like all non original live servers (classic solution)
2. Leave them in permanently with no changes
3. Leave them in permanently with significant changes (mana stone and inventory clickable guise and lustrous russet random drop from highest level mobs in old world? Other similar solutions)

I don’t have it in me to go through another legacy quest. So much prepping and hedging for the future it’s sickening to me. And if I was going to play on a new server I would play the game however it is set up. If it had a list to poopsock I would list the shit out of it and probably stop playing for like 8 months after I get my mana stone and guise.

Kunark legacy shit is even worse because it allows different raiding strategies and stuff.

I also hope they do periodic level caps to put a stake in the suicide level rush which hurts actual classic game play. Suicide level rush is also associated with the legacy item obtainment so it’s kinda all gross and toxic together.

Dreaming and wishing

Swish
01-20-2021, 12:05 AM
Can we have classic seafury loots back on red?

Tunabros
01-20-2021, 12:59 AM
\

They're at what, 11 years and counting, and still going strong? Not any time soon.

Well at some point, a new generation will lose interest in Everquest and P99 will slowly

die

glad to see P99 will last a while

MaCtastic
01-20-2021, 10:20 AM
I know green isn't that old but is this still the plan? How many years from now?

Before they make a new red server...

Jimjam
01-20-2021, 10:42 AM
Can we have classic seafury loots back on red?

Please present evidence the 'fixed' drop rates aren't classic. Like, actually please. I needs me more gems.

Jimjam
01-20-2021, 10:56 AM
I’m looking forward to non classic fixes for non classic problems

1. Remove legacy junk completely like all non original live servers (classic solution)
2. Leave them in permanently with no changes
3. Leave them in permanently with significant changes (mana stone and inventory clickable guise and lustrous russet random drop from highest level mobs in old world? Other similar solutions)

I don’t have it in me to go through another legacy quest. So much prepping and hedging for the future it’s sickening to me. And if I was going to play on a new server I would play the game however it is set up. If it had a list to poopsock I would list the shit out of it and probably stop playing for like 8 months after I get my mana stone and guise.

Kunark legacy shit is even worse because it allows different raiding strategies and stuff.

I also hope they do periodic level caps to put a stake in the suicide level rush which hurts actual classic game play. Suicide level rush is also associated with the legacy item obtainment so it’s kinda all gross and toxic together.

Dreaming and wishing
I like these ideas, but I especially like the periodic level caps.

Very non classic, so would vote no for a poll, but I can't help feel the game would be better off with them!

The newbie economy of making each other patchwork, raw silk, etc would feel much more classic for a while at least.

Gustoo
01-20-2021, 12:06 PM
Yeah. Right now it’s a drag race to top level to obtain top level legacy loot in both vanilla and kunark eras. It’s hard to deny the strategy, hard work and no fun for first two months of vanilla getting multiple mana stones you can keep in your bank and come back in 4 years and buy anything you want. It’s such a good strategy that it shouldn’t exist.

The level caps aren’t classic except they force a classic experience. Some people will just level a pile of alts. Either way we all quest together.

Jibartik
01-20-2021, 12:50 PM
luclin launch day in relation to green launch?

loramin
01-20-2021, 02:08 PM
luclin launch day in relation to green launch?

The original game started in May 1999, and "ended" with Luclin in Dec 2001. Thus, a classic server has a minimum life of about 2 years, 7 months. Green started in Oct 2019, so it should have a minimum life that goes until May 2022. (https://wiki.project1999.com/Timeline)

You'd have to do the math to calculate the exact day; I'm too lazy :D

But as I said, there's really no point, because Green almost certainly won't end on that day. Timeline delays have already happened, and even if they hadn't I truly don't believe the staff will kill the server exactly on "Luclin launch day" (or even "adjusted Luclin launch day").

I'd imagine they'd give people at least a few more months to enjoy the server (with all of the final patches, most notable Chardok 2.0), because otherwise that content will only exist very briefly on Green.

TripSin
01-20-2021, 07:22 PM
Well at some point, a new generation will lose interest in Everquest and P99 will slowly

die

glad to see P99 will last a while

Nah, P99 will live forever and so will I.

Gustoo
01-20-2021, 07:52 PM
Nah, P99 will live forever and so will I.

P99 population is going to peak when the people who were 13 in 1999 are retired and haven't all started to die yet. So around 30 years from now when people are in their late 60's talking the same 2000's era nerd smack talk but now with a bum ticker and bad hips and knees they have no excuse to get out of the desk chair and can finally poopsock without being judged, cuz thats the only way they poop.

Hopefully rogean and Nilbog aren't much older than 30's right now so the timeline is totally aligned.

Bones
01-20-2021, 11:47 PM

I dont know why we don't just do a vanilla locked server with all items permanently in game including manabones and rubicite and lustrous russet and DE mask why not.

Also pvp enabled.

this has actually always been my dream. I've always just wanted a classic only server and by classic I mean 0 expansions. Clumsy's world was kinda like that pre-p99 which is how I found out about p99 before it came out.

Noselacri
01-21-2021, 07:00 AM
uh why do you want another server already what would the point be?

I knew it wouldn't take long before some smooth-brained paint-eater would say something like that. The guy asked for specifics on the server's timeline. He literally didn't even so much as insinuate that he wanted a fresh server to launch already.

Vizax_Xaziv
01-21-2021, 11:03 AM

At the EARLIEST it would be about a year after Velious releases.

cd288
01-21-2021, 01:35 PM
If I had to bet I would say the merge and new Green launch happen December 2022/January 2023. That’s 6-7 months of Velious post-final patch which seems about reasonable to me. At that point people will have accomplished much of what Velious offers on at least one or two of their characters and the economy will be beginning to become inflated.

Writhan
01-21-2021, 02:37 PM
I knew it wouldn't take long before some smooth-brained paint-eater would say something like that. The guy asked for specifics on the server's timeline. He literally didn't even so much as insinuate that he wanted a fresh server to launch already.
Man, is there no way to PM messages on this board? Damnit. Trying to get a hold of Noselacri.

Writhan
01-21-2021, 03:40 PM
But, maybe he did insinuate!?

Please have a look at my profile and get in touch (I added you to friends). I think we know each other!

brokenkiller
01-21-2021, 06:12 PM
Yeah I'm not worried about a new server launching right now, this was more just out of curiosity because I know it had been talked about happening at some point in time.