PDA

View Full Version : Exp Speed on Green is Atrocious

PowaGamer
01-19-2021, 04:35 AM
I played EQ back in 1999 when I was 13. 7 Level 60's. I was a... "No lifer" Gamer teen for sure.

I played on Mangler when it launched and it was good. Very very good. The Exp gain was on point, the models, the game enhancing updates, pickzones, etc. basically everything minus Daybreak = Good. It makes EQ available to people with lives...

Currently Aradune the most recent Live Classic Server is about to launch Luclin in about a week and I don't like EQ post Velious so I decided to come here.

I see Green and I see Blue. Green has higher population = more groups = win. With a population this low, they should honestly be merged imo. I'm having a difficult time finding groups on Green tbh.

I'm struggling with committing though because the experience gain is really bad, like super slow. Mind you I picked a Bard (what I wanted to play) and sure I could pick a Halfling Warrior (what I don't want to play) but the fact is, I have a life now :\, regardless of what I pick, it's slow. Definitely slower for a bard though...

I know the goal was "Classic" but it's almost a smart ass thing to include the Exp penalties and slow gain into that because let's face it, 13 year olds (who can exist in a no-life scenario) are playing Fortnite. Everybody else who played EQ when it launched in it's actual "Classic" days are old now and have jobs/families/lives? So the notion of "keeping it classic because it's actual classic" is kind of annoying. It's basically overkill. I bet if you took a poll, when people logged in it would pop up, and it said:

Choose an Experience Gain Option:

A. Classic (as currently is)
B. Classic without Race/Class penalties.
C. Faster than Classic but not game breaking.

Most people would choose C. I would bet the majority of the population would choose C. B would be second for sure and A would be like 3% of the population.

So there's that...

The other major problem is the economy is really bad on Green. Trash items selling for insane prices. Probably because the Classic drop rates = true and there aren't pickzones. Nontheless even the good items are an insane amount of plat; 80k for a fungi tunic... really lol? So if you wanted to get to level 60 and then Twink a monk or something, you're looking at a year+ commitment. Something I could do in 2 months on a live server...

I think this server is great for no-lifers and don't get me wrong, there's nothing wrong with being a no-lifer or a fulltime EQer, more power to you, you, imo have a good life. You really do. I love EQ. You do You. But the majority of us aren't no lifers. And this server is really no friendly to people with jobs, families, or both...

I have an insane amount of hours played for the level I am and now I'm considering other options although i'd love to stay here, I just dont know if I realistically can... :\

/endRant

Ty (just my opinion.)

Bardp1999
01-19-2021, 05:12 AM
Hey there kiddo - your millennial entitlement is bleeding through big time. You somehow think that having a life/job/family/responsibilities and P99 mesh well together - you are sorely mistaken. EQ (and P99 specifically) classically had the 'haves' and 'have nots'. Modern EQ has abandoned this principle - P99 has not

Let's do a scenario - It's 4am on Christmas day, Discord just pinged your phone that Trakanon spawned 4 seconds ago, Your guild leader then pings you saying COTHs have started and everyone has 60 seconds to log on for the engage.

If you are not willing to jump out of bed and log onto your computer IMMEDIATELY for the above scenario, you have a 0% chance of making it in P99s end game, just food for thought before you waste a bunch of time leveling to 60 so you can 'raid'.

Also, I am not exaggerating in the above scenario as insane as it may sound

Swish
01-19-2021, 06:17 AM
What are you going to do, force people to sell items for less? :o

Live a better classic experience and camp these things yourself <3

nostalgiaquest
01-19-2021, 06:25 AM
WTS exp potions. Meet me in the fire pot by Shady Swashbuckler

Pootle
01-19-2021, 06:44 AM
Anyone else amused by the OPs username?

Also, complaining that his Bard levels slowly /rolleyes

Anxarcule
01-19-2021, 07:22 AM
I would say enjoy it for what it is - you won't ever reach top tier content here but that isn't a bad thing. I took two characters to high 40's (wiz 49, ranger 45) and had a very fun time doing it, but I can't commit to raids and even if I could some of the time I'd never come close to the DKP others have to gear myself as much as I'd like.

I think the journey is more fun than the goal, but if your goal is to be geared to the teeth with a healthy life balance p1999 probably isn't for you.

PowaGamer
01-19-2021, 08:55 AM
Hey there kiddo - your millennial entitlement is bleeding through big time. You somehow think that having a life/job/family/responsibilities and P99 mesh well together - you are sorely mistaken. EQ (and P99 specifically) classically had the 'haves' and 'have nots'. Modern EQ has abandoned this principle - P99 has not

Let's do a scenario - It's 4am on Christmas day, Discord just pinged your phone that Trakanon spawned 4 seconds ago, Your guild leader then pings you saying COTHs have started and everyone has 60 seconds to log on for the engage.

If you are not willing to jump out of bed and log onto your computer IMMEDIATELY for the above scenario, you have a 0% chance of making it in P99s end game, just food for thought before you waste a bunch of time leveling to 60 so you can 'raid'.

Also, I am not exaggerating in the above scenario as insane as it may sound

You should change your avatar to this because it matches your personality better:

https://imgur.com/DsCyELR

kiddo...

Nirgon
01-19-2021, 09:18 AM
Or you can take your time and enjoy the classic emulation

BlackBellamy
01-19-2021, 09:28 AM
Hi and also thanks for visiting p1999 and expressing your disappointment that your particular goal of twinking a fungi or making it to level 60 in a particular time is not being addressed.

We are very amused at the insulting tone you take, calling people no-lifers and wishing them good luck. Your hypothetical poll is awesome too, I mean who wouldn't take option C, be a millionaire with very attractive genitals amirite?

We feel you. You discovered the best mmo server in the universe, running the very best version of the finest computer program ever constructed. You jumped in and then you discovered to your horror that you were nothing but a filthy...casual.

Gone were your magical tunics and endless platinum, and your planar gear for coppers. Gone were you daily, or even hourly dings. Now you had to level your experience penalized nearly-naked hybrid and were salty for it. Ahhh yes. It's a rough transition. Most leave their pride behind, it helps here a lot. I see you still have yours.

Don't mind the insulting flavor of this post, it's merely tit-for-tat and not personal.

OuterChimp
01-19-2021, 09:53 AM
Okay Boomer.

magnetaress
01-19-2021, 09:57 AM
Just wear banded or raw silks. You can get it in like two weeks.

rictus204
01-19-2021, 12:00 PM
lol this just in, p99 slower paced than live servers!!

derpcake2
01-19-2021, 12:44 PM
The key is not to acquire more, but to want less.

Gustoo
01-19-2021, 01:43 PM
You can play red for increased EXP for the time being

Tunabros
01-19-2021, 01:56 PM
picks bard

doesn't solo

complain exp is slow

lol

Nirgon
01-19-2021, 02:19 PM
picks bard

doesn't solo

complain exp is slow

lol

Don't laugh at the PowaGamer

imsorryGMs
01-19-2021, 02:52 PM
Go back to those live servers if you don't enjoy suffering like the rest of us

Aadill
01-19-2021, 03:02 PM
Just so you know, your opinion sucks.

Tunabros
01-19-2021, 03:16 PM
go play on TLP op

just dont come crawling back when you get trained and all your mobs get stolen

Stonewallx39
01-19-2021, 05:32 PM
Idk why I’m going to say this... but one constructive option to help the game/culture (maybe not a problem idk) is upping the grouped xp bonuses. It’s crazy how good solo exp is compared to grouped.

Having the majority of players soloing during the classic era isn’t classic. The experience is just too good haha (guilty!)

Idk I’m just social (it’s a f’ing mmo) and hate that the game disincentivizes adding more groupmates. Like some have stated the game is a huge time sink and it’s hard not to consider maximizing xp/time invested. It would be an easy tweak to smooth that calculation over.

GinnasP99
01-19-2021, 06:06 PM
the models

Stopped reading here

cd288
01-19-2021, 08:03 PM
This is the worst post I think I’ve ever seen on these forums

Danth
01-19-2021, 08:06 PM
Might blow the original poster's mind but not all of us were 13 year old kiddies when EQ was new. Nobody ever cared if I couldn't keep up with kids who could be on all day. I made do. He should be able to make do, too.

Danth

StinkyGreenBud
01-19-2021, 08:07 PM
Stopped reading here

Glad I wasn't the only one.

Tunabros
01-19-2021, 10:03 PM
OP is a mega casual confirmed

greenspectre
01-20-2021, 01:30 AM
OP, there's a reason that this server was legally protected by Daybreak games. The very specific aim to recreate classic EverQuest, with its boons and its flaws, is something p99 specializes in and DBG clearly had no interest in recreating. Which means if you play on p99 you have to take that as part of the experience.

Trust me, when Manastones were dropping people took to the forums to bitch about the drop rates (sometimes not seeing one drop for over a day), but it made no difference. Without SOLID evidence that the drop rate was higher than it was, it stayed the way it was until the item stopped dropping.

Rogean and company do not make things easier on the players just for the sake of doing so, and only stray outside what is truly classic if exploits are discovered (This statement is subjective as even longtime veterans have complaints about some of the changes made, but in general that's the idea).

Would I have loved to start a paladin in classic and not have the 40% exp penalty? Sure! But I knew that wouldn't be an option till Velious so that's how long I'm waiting. The good news is you know ahead of time when things are going to happen so you can plan accordingly.

greenspectre
01-20-2021, 02:00 AM
Sorry to double-post, but my above points help underline the awe that the "haves" inspire. A level 50 paladin before Kunark released? Awesome. My guild clerics showing off by Manastone'ing themselves into purple HP as we try to recover from a wipe? Awesome. Other damn shamans showing off those red breastplates while I was wearing a Bloodstained Tunic? Awesome.

It's the people that conquer the difficulty through time, dedication, and/or poopsocking that get to bask in the envy of us have-not's, and that's part of the game. It's why I was so stoked when I finally won my first Circlet of Shadow :)

Swish
01-20-2021, 02:29 AM
A huge hats off to people who leveled a troll SK to 50 before Kunark, things like that are next level.

greenspectre
01-20-2021, 02:32 AM
A huge hats off to people who leveled a troll SK to 50 before Kunark, things like that are next level.

I got one to 12, what do I win?

Tunabros
01-20-2021, 02:35 AM
Beautifully said, greenspectre A+

Swish
01-20-2021, 02:35 AM
I got one to 12, what do I win?

https://i.imgur.com/outO2z7h.jpg

reznor_
01-20-2021, 02:39 AM
I don't think OP is a power gamer, at all.

Arvan
01-20-2021, 02:59 AM
Consider blue theres no hybrid class penalties there

Videri
01-20-2021, 03:01 AM
The key is not to acquire more, but to want less.

This is a good quote.

unleashedd
01-20-2021, 04:09 AM
those infernal S-shaped blocks!!! damn you TETRIS!!!

greenspectre
01-20-2021, 04:36 AM
I also wanted to mention, OP, that the experience you are looking for may very well be offered on other emu servers. Look into EQReborn or UltimateEQ or Clumsy's World if you're looking for essentially "classic plus QoL features". Imperium or FlexQuest if you're looking for something more solo-oriented. That's the beauty of emulated servers. There's honestly something for everyone.

Dolalin
01-20-2021, 04:38 AM
Kids ruin raiding, I'll tell you that. That's why I started doing research and got a little obsessed with it.. I could pick it up and put it down any time I wanted to.

I have multiple 60s on Blue but I haven't logged into them in like a year or longer. Just no time.

But that's ok. Sub 40 game is honestly the best EQ has to offer.

Mesocyclone
01-20-2021, 06:23 AM
If you play because of nothing more than levels your playing for the wrong reason anyhow. This game is all about rares. Gaining levels while doing it is just a byproduct.

greenspectre
01-20-2021, 06:50 AM
If you play because of nothing more than levels your playing for the wrong reason anyhow. This game is all about rares. Gaining levels while doing it is just a byproduct.

This is fact. I can DISTINCTLY remember every rare item I've camped and gotten successfully on green before because the rush when you see that item in the loot window is like CRACK.

- Ebon War Spear and Mammoth Hide Cloak at 35
- Rune Etched BP in Hate (Took actual months to drop)
- Goblin Ring in LoIO and 2x CoS in Droga

I also remember the bitter defeats- times I had to throw in the towel and just buy the damn thing.

- Totemic Helm (I still posit that Lich of Miragul was in green too early)
- That stupid shaman spear in kedge
- Rune Etched LEGS in hate (Had to wait for Kunark and Jarsath)

I'd be able to write actual STORIES about each of these moments, and THAT is what makes EQ great. The adventures you make. And don't get me started on the quests. This was my first time actually DOING real quests in the game for more than just exp. My friend started a warrior and I helped him track down EVERY piece of crafted, camped Diamondine Earrings and Crested Spaulders with him, etc.

This game kicks ass. I'd imagine Mangler comes close, but nothing replaces P99.

Shrubwise
01-20-2021, 07:15 AM
Try Red
Massive exp boost, party exp boost, nobody around and every camp's free :)

greenspectre
01-20-2021, 07:27 AM
Try Red
Massive exp boost, party exp boost, nobody around and every camp's free :)

Honestly doesn't seem too bad. Whats the chances of me getting randomly ganked? Do they get items if I die or just cash?

Shrubwise
01-20-2021, 10:16 AM
The chances of you getting randomly ganked increases with levels, with the level 54-60 range being the most common, but still infrequent.
They get your coin, nothing else. No experience loss. And if you can take an L, both parties can move on and be cordial about it.

greenspectre
01-20-2021, 10:19 AM
The chances of you getting randomly ganked increases with levels, with the level 54-60 range being the most common, but still infrequent.
They get your coin, nothing else. No experience loss. And if you can take an L, both parties can move on and be cordial about it.

But it's basically SoloQuest? So like, play a Nec/Enc/Shm/Mag or bust?

kuuky
01-20-2021, 01:12 PM
The other major problem is the economy is really bad on Green. Trash items selling for insane prices. Probably because the Classic drop rates = true and there aren't pickzones. Nontheless even the good items are an insane amount of plat; 80k for a fungi tunic... really lol? So if you wanted to get to level 60 and then Twink a monk or something, you're looking at a year+ commitment. Something I could do in 2 months on a live server..)

I remember when I purchased my first fungi on blue server before Velious I paid upwards of 70 K almost 80 so that sounds about right for that timeline.

Gustoo
01-20-2021, 02:27 PM
But it's basically SoloQuest? So like, play a Nec/Enc/Shm/Mag or bust?

Or druid

But no I would say you can play any character there is usually someone leveling an alt. I don't want to speak for Magnetaress but that player has leveled a lot of toons and would probably make a duo character to grind out the levels with your class of choice.

There's peeps around. Random ganks are the best but they are pretty easy to avoid these days in low pop world.

Gustoo
01-20-2021, 02:28 PM
I remember when I purchased my first fungi on blue server before Velious I paid upwards of 70 K almost 80 so that sounds about right for that timeline.

Prices are totally legit on green this guy is out of his mind.

"yeah I think the best item in the game should be really accessible to everyone"

Uhh?

DBStrong
01-20-2021, 02:57 PM
Try RED. I did, and it's been loads of fun so far. >:)

Bonethunder
01-20-2021, 08:36 PM
Try red

Jeffari
01-20-2021, 08:41 PM
Back in my day.. we only had a joystick, a single button and three shades of grey! None of this fancy massive multi internet online roleplaying gobbledy****!

Swish
01-20-2021, 10:54 PM
Try RED. I did, and it's been loads of fun so far. >:)

https://i.imgur.com/lrIl6w3.png

PDX0621
01-21-2021, 01:11 AM
Hi I'm new here let me change EVERYTHING.

cd288
01-21-2021, 01:36 PM
Hi I'm new here let me change EVERYTHING.

Drain the swamp!

Zipity
01-21-2021, 01:46 PM
There’s plenty of ways to get 1k an hour so really you are looking at 80hrs for a fungi not 1year+

Also bards level stupid fast even without swarming if you just solo

Looking at your post history it looks like you were complaining about this same shit a decade ago gtfoh

Tunabros
01-21-2021, 01:58 PM
OP is too used to mercenaries from TLP

magnetaress
01-21-2021, 03:34 PM
Exp should be slow er

Bardp1999
01-21-2021, 03:58 PM
Exp should be slow er

Honestly not a bad idea - once you hit 60 on P99 the thrill is kinda gone (at least for normal people)

HalflingSpergand
01-21-2021, 04:06 PM
Dear OP , get fucked u fat pussy

Tunabros
01-21-2021, 04:43 PM
project 1999's goal was to emulate as accurately as possible the classic experience

of what the game was like then (vanilla to velious)

this isn't a TLP or a box server

strongNpretty
01-21-2021, 04:48 PM
And what's your rush anyways man? This joints been around for years and years. You gonna just pop in through the front door like this?

Quarantine.. Everquest... Sit yo'ass down, shutup, and get to questin.

Evia
01-21-2021, 09:18 PM
And what's your rush anyways man? This joints been around for years and years. You gonna just pop in through the front door like this?

Quarantine.. Everquest... Sit yo'ass down, shutup, and get to GRINDING.

Ftfy

Swish
01-21-2021, 09:39 PM

Quarantine.. Everquest... Sit yo'ass down, shutup, and get to questin.

Questing is frowned upon.

Kohedron
01-21-2021, 09:56 PM
People don't group on green because if it's not the perfect group comp in the perfect group spot, people crunch down on their snaggleteeth in disgust at the mere thought of it.

mycoolrausch
01-22-2021, 12:22 AM
Green is for no lifing to warder loot. The classic timeline was rushed for the pace the game works at. Blue is where you can experience classic EQ at its proper pace without coke fueled devs shoveling garbage expansions out the door every 9 months. I'll camp fungi king with you, its probably open.

TomisFeline
01-22-2021, 06:18 AM
op was not aware of the rnf can of worms he was opening

beversami
01-22-2021, 10:48 AM

Most people would choose C. I would bet the majority of the population would choose C. B would be second for sure and A would be like 3% of the population.

Yeah, I think you're sorely mistaken. 99% of the population would choose A.

cd288
01-22-2021, 04:06 PM
Yeah, I think you're sorely mistaken. 99% of the population would choose A.

I don’t think you’d get more than like one or two percent of the pop picking A. The whole reason we’re here is because that’s part of classic that we like! Not to mention it helps keep the server from becoming top heavy as quickly and keeps people leveling new chars rather than having a million 60s and just farming plat and loot every day.

I do think a majority of the server would vote for option B though. Just because it would mean you’d see fewer groups going with a min max approach and not rejecting big exp penalty classes (which would be a more classic “experience” anyway since back in the day many people had no idea about the penalties and had no problem inviting those classes to groups).

Knuckle
01-22-2021, 05:41 PM
I played EQ back in 1999 when I was 13. 7 Level 60's. I was a... "No lifer" Gamer teen for sure.

I played on Mangler when it launched and it was good. Very very good. The Exp gain was on point, the models, the game enhancing updates, pickzones, etc. basically everything minus Daybreak = Good. It makes EQ available to people with lives...

Currently Aradune the most recent Live Classic Server is about to launch Luclin in about a week and I don't like EQ post Velious so I decided to come here.

I see Green and I see Blue. Green has higher population = more groups = win. With a population this low, they should honestly be merged imo. I'm having a difficult time finding groups on Green tbh.

I'm struggling with committing though because the experience gain is really bad, like super slow. Mind you I picked a Bard (what I wanted to play) and sure I could pick a Halfling Warrior (what I don't want to play) but the fact is, I have a life now :\, regardless of what I pick, it's slow. Definitely slower for a bard though...

I know the goal was "Classic" but it's almost a smart ass thing to include the Exp penalties and slow gain into that because let's face it, 13 year olds (who can exist in a no-life scenario) are playing Fortnite. Everybody else who played EQ when it launched in it's actual "Classic" days are old now and have jobs/families/lives? So the notion of "keeping it classic because it's actual classic" is kind of annoying. It's basically overkill. I bet if you took a poll, when people logged in it would pop up, and it said:

So there's that...

The other major problem is the economy is really bad on Green. Trash items selling for insane prices. Probably because the Classic drop rates = true and there aren't pickzones. Nontheless even the good items are an insane amount of plat; 80k for a fungi tunic... really lol? So if you wanted to get to level 60 and then Twink a monk or something, you're looking at a year+ commitment. Something I could do in 2 months on a live server...

I think this server is great for no-lifers and don't get me wrong, there's nothing wrong with being a no-lifer or a fulltime EQer, more power to you, you, imo have a good life. You really do. I love EQ. You do You. But the majority of us aren't no lifers. And this server is really no friendly to people with jobs, families, or both...

I have an insane amount of hours played for the level I am and now I'm considering other options although i'd love to stay here, I just dont know if I realistically can... :\

/endRant

Ty (just my opinion.)

I agree with you on some aspects, the server should be around a long time, just means you sit your ass in zones longer. I too have found the grind to just be fucking boring, thats why the only time i login is to occasionally sit at a troll guard in grobb and nuke him to death and afk for 20minutes(almost level 52!!).

That being said, the economy is fine, 80k for a fungi isn't that far off from live, if at all. I played during Kunark era and it was a long time before i ever traded up to afford a fungi tunic and i was an ec tunnel fiend. Wurmy's post nerf were going for 4-5k. Lammy's were going for like 8-10k. Lots of stuff had high mark ups. Fungi tunic was never a casual drop. In fact, I am certain the fact that fungi king is camped 24/7 is a guarantee to see it deflate to 60-70k over the next 6 months.

Me personally, I think the game just needs a flat out 10% xp boost. There has been quite a bit of fuckery to the exp tables here, don't let the classic stuff fool you, the exp here is not classic, dungeons have had xp nerfs and outdoor zones have had minor xp buffs. The end result is, if you tried to min max your xp from live, it's actually slower here.

galach
01-22-2021, 06:06 PM
Miss those XP weekends

Mblake81
01-22-2021, 06:52 PM
The grind is the only worthwhile aspect that holds all the fu-fu stuff like art and music together.

goldlush
01-23-2021, 11:58 AM
Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious!

cd288
01-23-2021, 12:19 PM
Miss those XP weekends

Same

beargryllz
01-23-2021, 07:10 PM
Get good, scrub

kaev
01-23-2021, 08:39 PM
Wow! Every post to this thread, without exception and specifically including the OP, contains information and/or opinions never before seen on p99! Great thread!

/mourn RnF

Goods
01-23-2021, 08:52 PM
I played EQ

I stopped reading here.

zaldaben
01-24-2021, 01:27 AM
I would actually argue to slow it by half. the amount of people that know the game and can exp are super high rates is incredible. when I started playing after 3-4 months I had two fully geared maxed lvl 50s. one of those being a bard. and when I say fully geared my bard had both the weapons from inny and maestro along with the flute from cazic. and that was my second lvl 50.

LazyHydras
01-24-2021, 07:21 PM
. . . your guild leader then pings you saying COTHs have started and everyone has 60 seconds to log on for the engage.

60 seconds? wow, that's pretty generous for a Trak engage these days.

greasemonk
01-24-2021, 08:00 PM
along with the flute from cazic

This is a weird flex.

You mother fuckin need Vendor Flute Jesus.

Xer0
01-25-2021, 03:59 AM
You should change your avatar to this because it matches your personality better:

https://imgur.com/DsCyELR

kiddo...

dudes absolutely right p99 is a safe haven for poopsocking nolifers and if you aren't ready to forego reall life for pixels you're most likely ognna be stuck in the casual tier.

Nirgon
01-27-2021, 03:28 AM
top dps, rogue with ez epic

top farm, enchanter which doesnt really need epic so much

casuals rejoice, there are options to be godly without maximum life investment on a snowflake class

Babittle
01-27-2021, 05:55 AM
Ok so what you are saying is “wahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh”. Got it, 10/10 post

ruzzil
01-27-2021, 07:38 AM

So there's that...

/endRant

Ty (just my opinion.)

Noway did you have that many lvl 60s at 13 years old... sorry but i call total BS.... you had school and a schedule.... absolutely noway did at happen so take a hike noob

ewjax
01-27-2021, 03:24 PM

Option D. The exp rates up to level 50 are fine, and match with classic. The exp rates above 50, as implemented on Green (maybe Blue? unsure) do not match classic, and are too onerous. So fix the broken exp per level required for levels 51-60.

What was classic:

Levels 51-53, 55-58, and 60 were each a "hell level"
Levels 54 and 59 were "double hell levels"

What is true on P99 Green

Levels 51-53 is each a "hell level" (unchanged)
Levels 54-58 is each a "double hell level"
Levels 59 is a "triple hell levels"

The current grind 55-59 on green is just burnout territory. I know I'd welcome a fix here. I'm sure others would too.

This has been posted, with supporting data, in the "Bugs" forum, but has not yet been addressed.

cd288
01-27-2021, 03:32 PM
Option D. The exp rates up to level 50 are fine, and match with classic. The exp rates above 50, as implemented on Green (maybe Blue? unsure) do not match classic, and are too onerous. So fix the broken exp per level required for levels 51-60.

What was classic:

Levels 51-53, 55-58, and 60 were each a "hell level"
Levels 54 and 59 were "double hell levels"

What is true on P99 Green

Levels 51-53 is each a "hell level" (unchanged)
Levels 54-58 is each a "double hell level"
Levels 59 is a "triple hell levels"

The current grind 55-59 on green is just burnout territory. I know I'd welcome a fix here. I'm sure others would too.

This has been posted, with supporting data, in the "Bugs" forum, but has not yet been addressed.

51-60 is classic on Green. SOE literally made it that way to slow people down during Kunark and give them more time to make the next expansion.

ewjax
01-27-2021, 03:52 PM
51-60 is classic on Green. SOE literally made it that way to slow people down during Kunark and give them more time to make the next expansion.

Just curious, do you have a reference for that statement?

My reference for what I stated is not that strong either, other than
- it matches my memory for the rate we all gained exp in the various levels back on Live
- it matches what is shown in the P99 wiki

It doesn't really matter, but I'm just curious if there is a written reference from SOE essentially saying "Kunark exp rates were already hard (all hell levels, and a couple of double hell levels) but we felt the need to make the exp rates even harder."

fastboy21
01-27-2021, 07:41 PM
Its a static server. Exp rates mean very little after a couple years of playing.

In the meantime, they slow down the progress which even if unclassic (evidence?) mitigates the faster speed of experience gain caused by the saturation of game knowledge now.

Blue and green can't merge until green finishes the timeline...so not sure where you were going with that.

RecondoJoe
01-31-2021, 12:39 AM
Felt like Green was WAY faster than what I remembered the OG being like. It felt like I spent months in certain zones to level 20 years ago. Now you can 1-60 in a couple of weeks. Think that's because of the ZEM. I don't think having insane ZEM in every zone is true classic.

beaon
01-31-2021, 03:58 AM
Yes both the exp curve on green and the zone zem's do not match live whatsoever. They don't even match blue (Nor should they necessarily speaking)

I applaud p99 forums for consistently aspiring to match youtube comments, never ceasing its drive to salt wounds, and pile shitposts to ad infinitum. Have nothing intelligent to say?

Anyhow lfg in the hole...