PDA

View Full Version : Greedy <Riot> abuses Menden's open-server raids.

Nibblewitz
01-08-2021, 11:03 PM
In my perfect little happy world these open raids would work like this. Each guild would adopt one. Random players would show up and that guild would fill the ranks with the needed classes. That guild pass on all loot. But I know that's not always possible

He understands that starving people will do anything for loot.

Tunabros
01-08-2021, 11:06 PM
can we normalize context

Samoht
01-08-2021, 11:06 PM
But I neeeeeeded a Helmet of Rallos Zek on my level 59 warrior. TY everybody for giving me long enough before the rolls started so I could switch to my warrior.

Linksfather
01-08-2021, 11:10 PM
Didnt the Freedom winner pass on the ST key yesterday in honor of Menden's request because they lead the raid?

Ennewi
01-08-2021, 11:12 PM
Didnt the Freedom winner pass on the ST key yesterday in honor of Menden's request because they lead the raid?

That they did.

Bendain
01-08-2021, 11:13 PM
That was different because it was no drop

Sincerely,

Riot Logic

tyrant49333
01-08-2021, 11:15 PM
Ooof

Phuzz
01-08-2021, 11:36 PM
Leave it to REEEdom to keep that toxicity up, gg nimblewitz

Twochain
01-08-2021, 11:48 PM
Leave it to REEEdom to keep that toxicity up, gg nimblewitz

Waiiit

So we're establishing that Riot is the toxic ones then? if we're "keeping it up" it originated from you?

They may take our lives.. but they'll never take our

fREEEEEEEEEEEdOm

Wikipedia
01-08-2021, 11:53 PM
I was #2 on the helm, it's whatever.

On the bright side I'm sure there would have been a big nerd meltdown over my warrior not being 60 too which I am glad to not deal with.

azeth
01-08-2021, 11:54 PM
a guy got a helmet in everquest before you did. imagine...

fucking imagine?

jeez louise

feniin
01-09-2021, 12:01 AM
Hey, random AG/F guy - stop being a cunt.

Grumph
01-09-2021, 12:45 AM
whats funny is reparations are simple and easy.

Riot should purchase a zlandi tali using guild bank funds and give to the druid who passed on winning roll for sont tali.

And I already know what your going to say in retort:
"But DUDE! Zlandi talismans are in short supply! Its hard to find a seller!"

Perish the thought friends. I'm aware of atleast one reputable source (https://www.project1999.com/forums/showthread.php?t=375091).

And. If im reading this right. You could get a discount for buying two zlandi talismans. Effectivley leveraging your civic duty to aquire another Zlandi Tali for youselves on the cheapo.

A veritable 360 win!

Daloon
01-09-2021, 12:45 AM
Hey, random AG/F guy - stop being a cunt.
As opposed to you, the not-random Feniin, server legend.

Cassawary
01-09-2021, 01:07 AM
a guy got a helmet in everquest before you did. imagine...

fucking imagine?

jeez louise

remen
01-09-2021, 01:17 AM
I won the roll on the hammer off statue and a member of Freedom, but decided to pass on it to someone who needed it more in the spirit of the event.

The guild hosting the event cares less about the spirit of it than we do apparently. At what point do people start to realize Riot is equally selfish and pixel hungry as they accuse others of being?

Kluwen2
01-09-2021, 01:30 AM
All I really want to know is did Freedom memblur Sontalak?

feniin
01-09-2021, 01:56 AM
As opposed to you, the not-random Feniin, server legend.

who are you?

Terrok
01-09-2021, 03:08 AM
Wow, wish i could of been the bigger person and rolled, just so i could pass on the loot, why didn't i think of this and not just roll. like wow. you rolled on loot you shouldn't of and passed on it when your officers said to... Gratz on taking the credit even though your officers made you... how is Vennie liking his new dagger??

Arvan
01-09-2021, 03:30 AM
Doing something semi cool and then using at as a weapon to demonstrate how the guild you dont like are toxic isnt really a great look i gotta say

spiritsofrock
01-09-2021, 03:42 AM
so complaining about loot, eventhough faction hits all around for the people raiding that actually needed a hit on both those mobs

if you dont hit the powerball do you complain about that too im curious

Elf_Senator
01-09-2021, 03:44 AM
Riot already gave up the loot on the first statue/aow as did Freedom and Kittens when we were told to leave so the zone wouldn't crash. Those 3 guilds were told to come back Friday for their chance at loot so whats the issue?

Samoht
01-09-2021, 03:45 AM
if you dont hit the powerball do you complain about that too im curious

You may consider a different metaphor for this situation as yours supports the point of view expressed by Nibblewitz in this thread. Powerball employees are banned from participating in their lottery.

Viscere
01-09-2021, 04:23 AM
Frag deprived criot of loot pretty badly before the draft, this isn't a surprise tbh

Bardp1999
01-09-2021, 05:08 AM
I honestly don't see why every single raid on Blue isn't a server wide open raid. We are 10+ years in my dudes - news flash - loot in EQ is mostly meaningless. +100 HPs lets you live literally 1 hit longer than if you were wearing banded armor

Vynsticus
01-09-2021, 07:29 AM
Riot sees the content but doesn't always see the loot. Unless posted in /ooc.

Sacer
01-09-2021, 07:40 AM
I can see how Riot looks greedy in this case, but abusing the open raid? they're toxic because they didn't gave their loot? Like really? The word toxic really lost it's meaning, toxic is making forum threads like this one and shit talk a guild for something that has been done since 1999.

Zipity
01-09-2021, 08:25 AM
I mean cmon really We comparing these two situations?

dude wins roll on no drop hammer that every class that can use has better options that are tradeable and many better options from no drop raids vs a Tradeable BiS warrior Helmet that is worth hundreds of thousands of plat.... this has gotten out of hand grats to the Riot guy with the hot dice he had the same exact chance to win as everyone else in attendance and was luckier.

glerkywop
01-09-2021, 08:59 AM
As with Furoar's previous post that took things way out of context, let's add some logical context to this post:

Riot, Freedom, and Azure Guard willingly left the previous Statue of Rallos Zek and Avatar of War raid because the server couldn't handle the load in Kael and thus forfeit rolling on loot. As a compromise, everyone agreed it would be fair for all three guilds to attend the next raid and roll on loot because they were "excluded" from the first open raid. Conceptually, people who attended the first open raid and rolled wouldn't attend the second open raid and roll.

Sure, you can try to twist what Menden said and paint Riot as "greedy," but in his own statement, he says, "But I know that's not always possible." This is a situation where it wouldn't be warranted, as Riot wasn't given a chance to roll at the first event (which was lead by Azure Guard, if I recall correctly). This isn't rocket science.

The most embarrassingly greedy thing that happened at that raid was voice after an unguilded rogue won the mask, and the person crying was most certainly not a member of Riot. The second most embarrassingly greedy thing that happened at that raid was members of all three guilds rolling on a Hammer of Battle that no one needed.

MarauderOHHYEAH
01-09-2021, 10:21 AM
As with Furoar's previous post that took things way out of context, let's add some logical context to this post:

Riot, Freedom, and Azure Guard willingly left the previous Statue of Rallos Zek and Avatar of War raid because the server couldn't handle the load in Kael and thus forfeit rolling on loot. As a compromise, everyone agreed it would be fair for all three guilds to attend the next raid and roll on loot because they were "excluded" from the first open raid. Conceptually, people who attended the first open raid and rolled wouldn't attend the second open raid and roll.

Sure, you can try to twist what Menden said and paint Riot as "greedy," but in his own statement, he says, "But I know that's not always possible." This is a situation where it wouldn't be warranted, as Riot wasn't given a chance to roll at the first event (which was lead by Azure Guard, if I recall correctly). This isn't rocket science.

The most embarrassingly greedy thing that happened at that raid was voice after an unguilded rogue won the mask, and the person crying was most certainly not a member of Riot. The second most embarrassingly greedy thing that happened at that raid was members of all three guilds rolling on a Hammer of Battle that no one needed.

Basically this... logic doesn't allow REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEDOM to talk shit in RnF tho... so there's that

remen
01-09-2021, 10:22 AM
Wow, wish i could of been the bigger person and rolled, just so i could pass on the loot, why didn't i think of this and not just roll. like wow. you rolled on loot you shouldn't of and passed on it when your officers said to... Gratz on taking the credit even though your officers made you... how is Vennie liking his new dagger??

I was late to the raid and didn't realize it was a need before greed roll. It's an item I could have used in a few circumstances, but I certainly wouldn't get as much use out of it as someone else would.

It was actually someone from Riot who sent me a tell asking if I really needed it (and I'm glad they did), and after they clarified the spirit of the event to me I passed on the item.

MarauderOHHYEAH
01-09-2021, 10:23 AM
Also.. didn't AG lead vyemm and win loot? Why didn't they pass on that vyemm dagger?

Samoht
01-09-2021, 10:55 AM
Also.. didn't AG lead vyemm and win loot? Why didn't they pass on that vyemm dagger?

No. The Vyemm raid was led by Kittens Who Say Meow.

IronShep
01-09-2021, 11:06 AM
So basically the open server raids and a joke and turn into a complete shit show.

spiritsofrock
01-09-2021, 11:18 AM
So basically the open server raids and a joke and turn into a complete shit show.

And nobody even though to bring punch and pie.....more people would have come if someone brought punch and pie

tyrant49333
01-09-2021, 11:24 AM

Typical casual no idea wtf is going on but has an opinion

ScottBerta
01-09-2021, 12:12 PM
No one should be complaining. A quick raid for a chance at a nice item. Hope they do it again and grats to the winners. But on another note, still have a headache from the lag.

glerkywop
01-09-2021, 01:21 PM
Not really--I'd wager that the wide majority of folks who were part of this draft and attended the open raids were very happy.

What you're seeing here are just the QQ-y lamentations of a handful of entitled crybabies at "the top."

Samoht
01-09-2021, 02:29 PM

Yeah, population in Kael over 300 caused several desynchs. It was miserable and many people died unnecessarily. We're lucky to have killed it at all.

kaizersoze
01-09-2021, 05:19 PM
i wonder how OP feels about scout roll.

Viscere
01-09-2021, 07:11 PM
Typical casual no idea wtf is going on but has an opinion

Qft

Swish
01-09-2021, 07:33 PM
This scumbag behavior over pixels wouldn't have happened on the red server.

Zoggren
01-09-2021, 08:15 PM
Honestly, who cares. That's a huge piece for even a Riot member, and I feel the host guilds should be able to roll anyways.

kaizersoze
01-09-2021, 08:23 PM
Honestly, who cares. That's a huge piece for even a Riot member, and I feel the host guilds should be able to roll anyways.

There would be zero incentive to host it at all if they can't roll on anything. All guilds / people contributing should be able to roll, I agree. Imagine if AoW dropped 4 pants or 4 rings and it was your guilds turn on hosting where this one was relatively shitty on both Statue and AoW. 1/200ish is pretty low odds for any individual lol.

greasemonk
01-09-2021, 10:42 PM
Yall mother fuckers (especially Viscere) needs Jesus.

Samoht
01-09-2021, 10:44 PM
There would be zero incentive to host it at all if they can't roll on anything. All guilds / people contributing should be able to roll, I agree. Imagine if AoW dropped 4 pants or 4 rings and it was your guilds turn on hosting where this one was relatively shitty on both Statue and AoW. 1/200ish is pretty low odds for any individual lol.

Menden made the rules. The rest of us followed those rules. Rito confirmed rules breakers.

Ravager
01-09-2021, 10:45 PM
I was late to the raid and didn't realize it was a need before greed roll. It's an item I could have used in a few circumstances, but I certainly wouldn't get as much use out of it as someone else would.

It was actually someone from Riot who sent me a tell asking if I really needed it (and I'm glad they did), and after they clarified the spirit of the event to me I passed on the item.
Lol, need before greed. There is no need in this game. It's all greed. If someone guilts you into passing on a roll because they need it, they're just being more greedy. Helping a friend get something is one thing, but a bunch of strangers? Random that shit all day long.

Swish
01-10-2021, 01:40 AM
so complaining about loot, eventhough faction hits all around for the people raiding that actually needed a hit on both those mobs

https://i.imgur.com/1axtN9q.png

Viscere
01-10-2021, 02:11 AM
Criot losing all mobs this cycle btw, bad karma

Croco
01-10-2021, 03:44 AM
Menden made the rules. The rest of us followed those rules. Rito confirmed rules breakers.

No Menden suggested something after the fact. After the draft week had already begun that no one agreed to beforehand. Next time if the CSR's want a spot in the draft to pick for server raids they need to lead the raids themselves, or not have a pick. Nice attempt at white knighting and gaslighting though.

Smackahoe
01-10-2021, 07:10 AM
Lol

Nirgon
01-10-2021, 02:03 PM
This would never happen on the green server

tyrant49333
01-10-2021, 02:30 PM
This would never happen on the green server

Ya that's because there are like 2 raid mobs

regandna
01-10-2021, 02:51 PM

You are toxic.

indiscriminate_hater
01-10-2021, 02:55 PM

kaizersoze
01-10-2021, 04:12 PM
Sorry you lost loot on an open raid.

regandna
01-10-2021, 08:25 PM
I honestly don't see why every single raid on Blue isn't a server wide open raid. We are 10+ years in my dudes - news flash - loot in EQ is mostly meaningless. +100 HPs lets you live literally 1 hit longer than if you were wearing banded armor

Lol, seriously tho.

Nirgon
01-10-2021, 08:29 PM
Ya that's because there are like 2 raid mobs

bet?

Terrok
01-10-2021, 08:44 PM
Criot losing all mobs this cycle btw, bad karma

in 50 years, Viscere will be our president, and we will hydrate our lawns with hateraid.

greasemonk
01-10-2021, 08:48 PM
in 50 years, Viscere will be our president, and we will hydrate our lawns with hateraid.

If it is what plants crave, then we have to obey!

enjchanter
01-11-2021, 01:53 AM
i wish i won on my 46 warrior tbh

-TK-
01-11-2021, 02:46 PM
Riot already gave up the loot on the first statue/aow as did Freedom and Kittens when we were told to leave so the zone wouldn't crash. Those 3 guilds were told to come back Friday for their chance at loot so whats the issue?

Lol, need before greed. There is no need in this game. It's all greed. If someone guilts you into passing on a roll because they need it, they're just being more greedy. Helping a friend get something is one thing, but a bunch of strangers? Random that shit all day long.

The most embarrassingly greedy thing that happened at that raid was voice after an unguilded rogue won the mask, and the person crying was most certainly not a member of Riot.

QFT. I'm glad somebody mentioned this last one. They were definitely not Riot. Riot had pretty much all left the P99 Discord immediately after the fights. I can't imagine being guilded with whoever the 1 or 2 people complaining about the ROG were in voice and having to listen to them on a regular basis. Their pixel sickness was on full display that day.

Tunabros
01-11-2021, 02:52 PM
helm too good