PDA

View Full Version : Which is the most casual p99 server?

magnetaress
01-05-2021, 06:51 PM
Going to be a super serious post/poll.

By casual I mean being totally fine to just log in mess around and do no super serious pixel questing.

Or like. Check a camp once per day.

Or find a pal to help out and just chill. Like I show up in CB and help some random ranger guy with a DS and free bandaging.

indiscriminate_hater
01-05-2021, 06:56 PM
Literally unvotable

Gustoo
01-05-2021, 06:56 PM
It's gunna be red right now because camps are open.

Blue otherwise, because people can't kill you.

Bardp1999
01-05-2021, 07:00 PM
'Casual friendly' and P99 go together like milk and dog shit

magnetaress
01-05-2021, 07:06 PM
It's gunna be red right now because camps are open.

Blue otherwise, because people can't kill you.

Don't forget red has a pretty solid XP bonus.

Jimjam
01-05-2021, 07:08 PM
Blue as it gives 10 years to hit 60 without having to try to ‘keep up’ with expansions. Lots of mudflation makes it easy to achieve a basic standard of gear. No random ganking.

conoutoftrol
01-05-2021, 07:11 PM
It depends on what you are trying to do:

Red would probably suck for a true casual without a ton of game knowledge. No ports, rezzes, economy, groups, etc.

Blue is super top heavy. Which could be a gift and a curse. Decent gear will be cheap, lots of ways for lowbies to make plat off the rich & lazy.

Green would be the most fun for a casual. Lots of people at all level ranges. Decent economy & services. Your char will prolley be a huge gimp -- but so is everyone else aside from a few neckbeards.

magnetaress
01-05-2021, 07:23 PM
Blue as it gives 10 years to hit 60 without having to try to ‘keep up’ with expansions. Lots of mudflation makes it easy to achieve a basic standard of gear. No random ganking.

It depends on what you are trying to do:

Red would probably suck for a true casual without a ton of game knowledge. No ports, rezzes, economy, groups, etc.

Blue is super top heavy. Which could be a gift and a curse. Decent gear will be cheap, lots of ways for lowbies to make plat off the rich & lazy.

Green would be the most fun for a casual. Lots of people at all level ranges. Decent economy & services. Your char will prolley be a huge gimp -- but so is everyone else aside from a few neckbeards.

Good points. Almost checked out blue again for this reason.

Green just seems like doing anything is going to be group involved this is a double edged sword as groups and EQ community interaction trends towards actual IRL relationship level involved. I don't think it's really right or proper to solo when there's a group with a common interest involved, even when I can do it solo. I Almost always accept the group.

So I leaned more towards red because I usually don't like committing hrs towards group activities on the very regular basis.

DoodyLich666
01-05-2021, 09:38 PM
I play super casually on green. So much so that I will probably never see the endgame, but I have had a pretty easy time finding groups on all of my characters, besides my wizard, and people have been very friendly when I ask for tips. I have nothing to prove though, I just want my character to look cool, and I want to group and dungeon crawl.
Green is easy to play casually on, but probably hard to get into if you are hardcore, or competitive.

Phaezed-Reality
01-05-2021, 09:48 PM
ever since new job i have been relegated to super casual krew on p99. the server is what you make of it. I personally have always played p99 for the experience of the people. the game itself is old and stale. but the people are always exciting and fun to interact with. I log in occasionally just to go sit with some friends and chat.

it's your state of mind that makes this game fun.

Arvan
01-05-2021, 09:57 PM
i mean i guess vote red if you enjoy casually being murdered

Ennewi
01-05-2021, 10:05 PM
Teal. No bottlenecks. No camp disputes. No toxicity.

Tunabros
01-05-2021, 11:58 PM
https://www.everquest.com/home

Heebs13
01-06-2021, 01:02 AM
Easily red. Global lfg chat and you get like 300% bonus xp while in a full group. Casual players will never get to 55+ either, which is where 99% of the pvp happens. So it's between a server with 300% bonus xp and tons of open camps, and servers without either of those things.

magnetaress
01-07-2021, 12:36 AM
Some pretty good thoughts on how red is pretty casual from StrongnPretty in this thread.

https://www.project1999.com/forums/showthread.php?t=375805

Bondrake
01-07-2021, 08:59 AM
Easily red. Global lfg chat and you get like 300% bonus xp while in a full group. Casual players will never get to 55+ either, which is where 99% of the pvp happens. So it's between a server with 300% bonus xp and tons of open camps, and servers without either of those things.

I'm very casual and I hit 60 last month so you're wrong.

strongNpretty
01-07-2021, 11:28 AM
It's gotta be red for sure.. Any camp, any quest. They are all open for your enjoyment.

OuterChimp
01-07-2021, 12:54 PM
Teal. No bottlenecks. No camp disputes. No toxicity.

Exactly. You hasve to be gud to still play on Teal...that is why Ennewi and I are a few of the chosen ones.

Heebs13
01-08-2021, 01:15 AM
I'm very casual and I hit 60 last month so you're wrong.

Okay well go hit 60 on green or blue and let me know which takes longest.

magnetaress
01-08-2021, 10:42 AM
me thinks almost time for a new thread... gonna do it

Which server can you get to 60 the fastest? (https://www.project1999.com/forums/showthread.php?t=375928)