PDA

View Full Version : Imagine typing up a list of aggrevences you felt on an 21 year old emulated serserver

White_knight
12-31-2020, 04:46 PM
...well you don't have to imagine it anymore, someone has:

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1msTBBXjyIEYovVplbTmgNuSF1kwS0lKQ2ipjDzvnyE0/edit?usp=drivesdk

Enjoy the finest display of too much investment into P99 I have ever seen.

Samoht
12-31-2020, 04:53 PM
These are even worse:

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1msTBBXjyIEYovVplbTmgNuSF1kwS0lKQ2ipjDzvnyE0/edit

cannobeers3
12-31-2020, 05:17 PM
Intense elfs!

Izmael
12-31-2020, 05:21 PM
/pvp on

grahamroden
12-31-2020, 05:23 PM
bro, quit hating. im really enjoying this episode of law and order: NToV. gonna need to see a line up of every monk at trips that night!

indiscriminate_hater
12-31-2020, 05:35 PM
Seems like Riot is losing so many raid targets that they're dumping petitions on the GMs to try and trigger another blanket suspension across the board. Might be the only way they can stop FrAG momentum at this point.

kaizersoze
12-31-2020, 05:37 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1l8Eag9CAFk

Bardp1999
12-31-2020, 05:38 PM
YIKES

Comoc1
12-31-2020, 05:47 PM
Imagine how rich these guys would be if they put their efforts in running a business like this instead of trying to get imaginary pixels.

Kief
12-31-2020, 06:32 PM
Spends a week typing up some document to submit to the GMs.

Wonders why staff comes up with making gnomes and racing to See You In Thurgadin.

Littul Jonn
12-31-2020, 06:59 PM
...well you don't have to imagine it anymore, someone has:

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1msTBBXjyIEYovVplbTmgNuSF1kwS0lKQ2ipjDzvnyE0/edit?usp=drivesdk

Enjoy the finest display of too much investment into P99 I have ever seen.

I think anyone who still plays this, whether you’re in the “good guy guild” or “bad guy guild” needs to take a hard look in the mirror before clicking login. If you can say with a straight face that this is what’s required to relive my dreams of raiding in EQ well maybe it’s time to let those dreams go lol.

Any GMs out there, the way you kill this, stop allowing multiple accounts. No more coth or idol bots, no more plvlers and porters, none of that.

You want to keep the coffers open then don’t complain too much when the you receive a thesis paper from some angry elves...

Albanwr
12-31-2020, 07:00 PM
oof

Croco
12-31-2020, 07:03 PM
Seems like AG/F is breaking so many raid rules that Riot is forced to petition because AG/F won't make it right even when they're clearly in the wrong and might end up triggering another blanket suspension across the board. Might be the only way they can get FrAG to stop cheating at this point.

FTFY

White_knight
12-31-2020, 07:13 PM
This sorta effort is beyond guild v guild. Heck every guild has it's good and bad.

This is an example of the depth that some people find themselves in on P99 in what should be a hobby/escapism/fun activity.

You could swap all the guild names around and 20 year hate people have for each other from the 30 guild iterations blue has had and just observe the effort that a person has gone too for whatever aggrevences they obviously felt that week. Once you start Dear Diarying it's time to /quit the game for your own mental and physical safety imho.

magnetaress
12-31-2020, 07:22 PM
This sorta effort is beyond guild v guild. Heck every guild has it's good and bad.

This is an example of the depth that some people find themselves in on P99 in what should be a hobby/escapism/fun activity.

You could swap all the guild names around and 20 year hate people have for each other from the 30 guild iterations blue has had and just observe the effort that a person has gone too for whatever aggrevences they obviously felt that week. Once you start Dear Diarying it's time to /quit the game for your own mental and physical safety imho.

Maybe before then.

I think a lot of ppl are just dying. Dying of old age. Degeneracy. Covid. Gluttony. Dying right along side America. Because they are old and tired and have been destroyed by decades of Coca-cola induced stupidity and stupor.

magnetaress
12-31-2020, 07:22 PM
Maybe before then.

I think a lot of ppl are just dying. Dying of old age. Degeneracy. Covid. Gluttony. Dying right along side America. Because they are old and tired and have been destroyed by decades of Coca-cola induced stupidity and stupor.

So this is like their outlet. Cuz they started playing this game when their minds were able to learn still. So all the new stuff the experienced falls away and their left with their old habits.

magnetaress
12-31-2020, 07:25 PM
So like they can still output some interesting infos. But like its in the form of P99 guild grievence psychopathy. Because its kind of like their haze dreams of pixel questing getting tangled up in what they are good at, typing into the computer (what they did the last 30 years of their life).

This place either has reached max level entropy or its gonna get really interesting by 2034.

I think the project should still go on obviously, it's important and who cares of ppl are nuts. It's like the kind of nuts they are used to.

Some will get some spiritual growth from it. Otherwise likely a solid 1/3rd the population would just quit and drool on themselves and blow up ATnT buildings cuz "horns".

magnetaress
12-31-2020, 07:27 PM
I can't exactly feel bad or even really feel for these people. But I can enjoy the insanity while I still can. I don't think its wrong to get a laugh about it.

I do think ppl are genuinely hurting tho. I doubt this game is like the actual reason. It's just another pack of cigarettes or wad of weed. For some.

magnetaress
12-31-2020, 07:28 PM
So maybe consider that these people losing their minds over some dragon pixel, really do need your emotional support, wisdom and grace.

I'm not saying to do anything. I'm just trying to suggest that while you are here and lookin inward at the trainwreck from without, consider, whatever it is, that you can be a voice of peace and solace. Some bit of guidance.

Jarsith
12-31-2020, 08:09 PM
That was unexpectadly deep.

Kohedron
12-31-2020, 08:42 PM
"Hey Johnny, how'd you spend your Christmas"

*picks nose*

*eats booger*

"Well acktchually, I was busy typing up a report on why our guild was cheated out of high priority raid targets"

Heebs13
12-31-2020, 09:16 PM
So maybe consider that these people losing their minds over some dragon pixel, really do need your emotional support, wisdom and grace.

I'm not saying to do anything. I'm just trying to suggest that while you are here and lookin inward at the trainwreck from without, consider, whatever it is, that you can be a voice of peace and solace. Some bit of guidance.

My guidance would be for people to chill the fuck out and learn to let shit go when they don't get as many mobs as they think they should. Like Littul John said, this is supposed to be a video game. You know, Mega Man and shit like that? It should be a source of fun and relaxation, not rage. Those mobs will be up next week, and the week after that, and so on until the end of time.

lookitsjb
12-31-2020, 10:38 PM
My guidance would be for people to chill the fuck out and learn to let shit go when they don't get as many mobs as they think they should. Like Littul John said, this is supposed to be a video game. You know, Mega Man and shit like that? It should be a source of fun and relaxation, not rage. Those mobs will be up next week, and the week after that, and so on until the end of time.

Tensions are still a little high when a Guild Leader logs into another guild's bot and fails to train them on 3 separate occasions, then tries to get that guild suspended for the failed training (that he did), then lies to the GMs, then gets suspended but still plays all of his guild's shared accounts during his suspension.

I wasn't here for any of that though. However, it did make me want to come back to p99 after hearing about it. Shit's gettin' real out here!

Heebs13
12-31-2020, 10:41 PM
Tensions are still a little high when a Guild Leader logs into another guild's bot and fails to train them on 3 separate occasions, then tries to get that guild suspended for the failed training (that he did), then lies to the GMs, then gets suspended but still plays all of his guild's shared accounts during his suspension.

I wasn't here for any of that though. However, it did make me want to come back to p99 after hearing about it. Shit's gettin' real out here!

That sounds like ass, but there's always gonna be bad blood. Someone will always have some past grievence to point to.

lookitsjb
12-31-2020, 10:46 PM
That sounds like ass, but there's always gonna be bad blood. Someone will always have some past grievence to point to.

Truth; although to be fair.. I think that "past grievance" is technically still banned today until mid January? (I wasn't here, I'd have to try to dig that thread up). This is a fairly fresh wound.

Heebs13
12-31-2020, 10:50 PM
Truth; although to be fair.. I think that "past grievance" is technically still banned today until mid January? (I wasn't here, I'd have to try to dig that thread up). This is a fairly fresh wound.

Yeah, just based on what I've seen, every conversation around raid infractions goes like this:

"Oh yeah, what about that thing that you did?"

"Oh YEAH?! What about that thing YOU did?"

And this continues until someone logs out.

lookitsjb
12-31-2020, 10:53 PM
Yeah, just based on what I've seen, every conversation around raid infractions goes like this:

"Oh yeah, what about that thing that you did?"

"Oh YEAH?! What about that thing YOU did?"

And this continues until someone logs out.

Wrong.. on all counts..

It should read: And this continues long after someone logs out

Then restarts as being that someone was rude for leaving mid-conversation which is another grievance to start the cycle mentioned above.

Nirgon
12-31-2020, 11:32 PM
5 straight blocks on the way here

greasemonk
12-31-2020, 11:43 PM
I think anyone who still plays this, whether you’re in the “good guy guild” or “bad guy guild” needs to take a hard look in the mirror before clicking login. If you can say with a straight face that this is what’s required to relive my dreams of raiding in EQ well maybe it’s time to let those dreams go lol.

Any GMs out there, the way you kill this, stop allowing multiple accounts. No more coth or idol bots, no more plvlers and porters, none of that.

You want to keep the coffers open then don’t complain too much when the you receive a thesis paper from some angry elves...

Come on Littul, you know they don't have the power to enforce this.

Hell, the guild leader of a certain guild (that we can't talk about) was banned for a month but has continued to play the entire time! Hell, he even has a bunch of DKP to show for it!

If you think they can't prevent one person from playing tons of accounts, what makes you think they can merge them?

Littul Jonn
01-01-2021, 03:34 AM
I’m not talking about preventing people from logging on other’s accounts, I’m talking about wiping ALL accounts except one per person. COTH Bots, idol accounts, trackers, etc weren’t “classic” when we were paying for accounts. Making an account free allows anyone to be banned and still play. Wipe all the bot accounts and see how people play when they only have their characters to play.

Arvan
01-01-2021, 04:32 AM
Sorry you were wronged in an imaginary fantasy land. Hope you guys can kiss and make up.

Ennewi
01-01-2021, 05:02 AM
Sorry you were wronged in an imaginary fantasy land. Hope you guys can kiss and make up.

De Train De Train | Tatoo On Fantasy Island (https://youtu.be/USfKJYZcUmI)

Viscere
01-01-2021, 06:24 AM
Seems like Riot is losing so many raid targets that they're dumping petitions on the GMs to try and trigger another blanket suspension across the board. Might be the only way they can stop FrAG momentum at this point.

Qft

Babizul
01-01-2021, 10:33 AM
Why do people still use fraps though?

Ravager
01-01-2021, 11:28 AM
Classic and the original vision for this game.

fritzad1
01-01-2021, 12:36 PM
Qft

This guy has to be the most active rnfr that has not had a single quality post or response, step your game up.

Zipity
01-01-2021, 12:56 PM
FTE lockouts would literally solve all of this.

greasemonk
01-01-2021, 01:35 PM
This guy has to be the most active rnfr that has not had a single quality post or response, step your game up.

Hey that is mean! Don't bash on someone for not being able to understand what 'quality' is!

reznor_
01-01-2021, 02:18 PM
FTE lockouts would literally solve all of this.

feniin
01-01-2021, 02:22 PM
FTE lockouts is just another Mario Kart suggestion. Rotations are the only thing that will solve this shit but everyone is too wrapped up trying to relive the glory days of middle school that they can't imagine sharing pixels and spending a more healthy amount of time engaged on this server.

Mblake81
01-01-2021, 02:31 PM
FTE lockouts is just another Mario Kart suggestion. Rotations are the only thing that will solve this shit but everyone is too wrapped up trying to relive the glory days of middle school that they can't imagine sharing pixels and spending a more healthy amount of time engaged on this server.

Conflicting motives.

If they let it slide then its one more part of original EQ gone, who else remembers it enough to seek out an emulated server. If its just healthy well-being and happiness then why seek out any games from the 90s? they were more challenge and less simple entertainment.

Among Us, an IOS game is very popular. AOC plays.

feniin
01-01-2021, 02:34 PM
Plenty of servers had rotations in-era between the top guilds. There were just fewer top level raiders than the bloated p99 community.

Ravager
01-01-2021, 02:35 PM
Nah, the real solution would be to have looting dragon loot ding you level 1. That has the benefit of keeping the leveling population healthy and keeping the raid scene from being too top heavy.

magnetaress
01-01-2021, 02:51 PM
Nah, the real solution would be to have looting dragon loot ding you level 1. That has the benefit of keeping the leveling population healthy and keeping the raid scene from being too top heavy.

cool idea but u know ppl would just camp out in vox's room and bring an alt to kill her.

then log on main and loot

magnetaress
01-01-2021, 02:52 PM
A lot of classes are underappreciated for not being super gear dependent to preform decentlya t their grp roll, clr with ch, rogues with bstabbies don't neeed ragebringer

etc

just a lot of insanity from 1/3rd the population who hasn't logged off once in 10 yrs, (I don't blame them, its cool i would have stayed logged in at the vox trough too)

magnetaress
01-01-2021, 02:52 PM
it's just that it's a privilage to get those pixels and requires immense effort, some ppl dont see that

the peole who put it all together and do the insane insanity werk are the ones in charge, namean?

magnetaress
01-01-2021, 02:53 PM
mages are pretty cool even without epics also

magnetaress
01-01-2021, 02:54 PM
speaking of which i have a bunch of trash pixels on my green and blue rogues lol i need to hand them out

Kelzar
01-01-2021, 03:53 PM
All this looks pretty wild, intense and weird while being watched from an outsider point of view.

Zipity
01-01-2021, 04:02 PM
Rotations would work too but will never happen.

Izmael
01-01-2021, 04:14 PM
https://i.imgur.com/BJfunxK.png

https://i.imgur.com/Sih5SFN.png

Littul Jonn
01-01-2021, 04:27 PM
Lockouts won’t work, rotations won’t work, having one account to play will work. Forces accountability, increases the gravity of ban, makes it so that a guild can’t rely on one “play maker” if he behaves poorly.

Toothed
01-01-2021, 04:47 PM
How's having one account going to work? There is already a precedent for this type of behavior. I imagine most (some) people have all their characters on one login for ease of access. The other half have their toons all on separate accounts so they can just switch personas 5 seconds after eating a ban hammer for breakfast, lunch, and dinner. Every toxic p.o.s. is gonna have the time on their hands to make extra accounts and vpn it all. In the perfect world we'd play our own characters and their wouldn't be a level 50 within the first two weeks of a server?

Littul Jonn
01-01-2021, 04:55 PM
How's having one account going to work? There is already a precedent for this type of behavior. I imagine most (some) people have all their characters on one login for ease of access. The other half have their toons all on separate accounts so they can just switch personas 5 seconds after eating a ban hammer for breakfast, lunch, and dinner. Every toxic p.o.s. is gonna have the time on their hands to make extra accounts and vpn it all. In the perfect world we'd play our own characters and their wouldn't be a level 50 within the first two weeks of a server?

Fair point, but if you wiped the slate clean now, it would take quite some time to get back to the level things are at now. Hundreds of accounts with idols, coth bots, MQ items would take years to build back up to. It would give the server staff a smaller pool to monitor IMO. Just my suggestion, since I know it’s unpopular and nobody would consider it since it’s practically how you have to raid now.

Imagine having to actually rely on people in the guild rather than a few who logon all the key classes.

Littul Jonn
01-01-2021, 05:08 PM
Bah whatever, hope you guys figure it out. P99 was a great place for a long time. It was a great place to play a game that meant a lot to us and we made some really good friends.

Hope you guys sort your shit out. Anyone out there gets tired of writing thesis papers classic WoW has been fun.

Tunabros
01-01-2021, 05:15 PM
Now that is a yikes

remember this is still a game guys

Thulian
01-01-2021, 06:32 PM
the only solution to this sickness is red

kaizersoze
01-01-2021, 07:11 PM
Bah whatever, hope you guys figure it out. P99 was a great place for a long time. It was a great place to play a game that meant a lot to us and we made some really good friends.

Hope you guys sort your shit out. Anyone out there gets tired of writing thesis papers classic WoW has been fun.

And those raids are a......? Instance. BWL, Nax, Molten Core, I'm sure I'm forgetting some but you get the picture. They were able to make content more interesting than "be the first to touch dragon for your people to kill" or "whoever does the most DPS gets the loot" in the open world scenario.

PoTime was one of my favorite raids ever on EQ because of the time restraint, amount of bosses, and different things involved in each fight. OOW will always have my heart though with MPG trials and CoA.

feniin
01-01-2021, 07:14 PM
It's almost like rotations could remedy the pixel sickness and immersion.

Penish
01-01-2021, 09:24 PM
Where's the obligatory "Didn't read" response from our GMs; god that would give me some lol's. Merry new year or something.

Penish
01-01-2021, 09:26 PM
Now that I'm thinking about it, imagine being a GM and actually reading that? Think I'd tuck my work boots away and give the project a letter of resignation lol.

Nexii
01-01-2021, 09:47 PM
Now imagine writing it up at a Grade 10 level

Gravydoo II
01-01-2021, 10:19 PM
This is amazing. Thank you.

Molitoth
01-01-2021, 11:05 PM
Rotations would work too but will never happen.

Large guilds would break up into small guilds, and there would be way too many rotations to go around.

You think Freedom would want to utilize AG anymore? nope.
AG would split off into the Casuals and the Hardcores.
Riot would split into at least 2 guilds.

Croco
01-01-2021, 11:06 PM
Large guilds would break up into small guilds, and there would be way too many rotations to go around.

You think Freedom would want to utilize AG anymore? nope.
AG would split off into the Casuals and the Hardcores.
Riot would split into at least 2 guilds.

You mean there would be no mega zergs?! Whatever would we do???

imperiouskitten
01-02-2021, 12:17 AM
a list of aggrevences

cd288
01-02-2021, 12:32 AM
Imagine posting on an elf forum making fun of what other people post on an elf forum

Mead
01-02-2021, 01:19 AM
All this looks pretty wild, intense and weird while being watched from an outsider point of view.

Welcome to enlightenment