PDA

View Full Version : CE in Seb

Zipity
12-30-2020, 10:13 PM
It’s 4 camps but preferred if one camp but will be enforced as 4 camps, can we dare attempt a server agreement for it to be one camp? Put this in RnF bc it would just get moved anyways.

adichi
12-30-2020, 10:16 PM
you want cloak or jbb?

kaizersoze
12-30-2020, 10:23 PM
make CE mobs harder so people cant solo them and it can all be one camp again.

Zipity
12-30-2020, 10:25 PM
Warrior in group wants cloak and whip, too bad sham/ench soloing it
Really cloak is BiS for every class grats shm/ench
Druid wants a lumi staff? Better start porting!

I see JBB and Cloak room being Solo camped into perpetuity now, which will disincentivize Groups from getting xp there meaning grats ench/cleric or shm/monk to holding down everything

Zipity
12-30-2020, 11:00 PM
On blue Was almost 18 months before a series of dumb rules made it 4 separate camps here is original rulings that lasted much longer than we will even spend in Kunark

https://www.project1999.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1215689&postcount=13

https://www.project1999.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1209819&postcount=14

regandna
12-31-2020, 02:09 AM
I get why you are perturbed, but it doesn’t seem like a big issue. The enchanters and monks you are giving a “grats” to just sell it anyways. I know your a PP baller. Just cash out and keep it pushing! And in my opinion they disincentivized grouping in most 54+ spots when they hacked the holes Zem up. ��*♂️

Menden
12-31-2020, 02:49 AM
It’s 4 camps but preferred if one camp but will be enforced as 4 camps, can we dare attempt a server agreement for it to be one camp? Put this in RnF bc it would just get moved anyways.

No.

Domo
12-31-2020, 05:38 AM
dont know if possible or needed, but how about you get teleported outside of the camp once you log out for longer than 30min?
you know, so you need at laest a rogue to get back in again.

Dolalin
12-31-2020, 05:54 AM
Since Menden has killed the thread on its original topic, how about we all agree that NG should be called NGE, since it's Necrosis Guardian Exit?

Zipity
12-31-2020, 09:05 AM
I give up time to roll an ench :)

Jeni
12-31-2020, 09:12 AM
This is why I'm waiting for red 2.0 in 2030 so I don't have to deal with nonsense like this.

magnetaress
12-31-2020, 09:40 AM
Server rules should be if there's two people soloing who want a camp they have to join forces and share it equally thats how it was on live. (regardless of lvls)

They didn't have to physically grp, but the lvl 80 soloing a lvl 30 mob had to share every other spawn with the lvl 33 mage who wanted it also.

magnetaress
12-31-2020, 09:41 AM
i.e. no soloing allowed if grouping and round robin is preferential, the GMs would /random 1 100 to pick who went first.

Twochain
12-31-2020, 10:05 AM
On green I would 100% agree to this. (Even though my highest green toon was level 10 and i deleted him because twochain will never be a disgusting human monk)

That camp on green i imagine is CONSTANTLY sought after. Having one of the ph's completely off the table really ruins the camp. As in, completely ruins it. Exp is already pretty bad at c/e compared to just about every other camp in seb. +1 to making it one camp, so that bergs can't ruin other peoples full group grinds.

kjs86z
12-31-2020, 10:29 AM
i did the majority of 56-60 at CE years ago

never once had an issue with soloers taking a named spot

spergs gonna sperg these days

Erati
12-31-2020, 12:16 PM
About time.

mattydef
12-31-2020, 12:24 PM
Wouldn't it technically be 5, since Emp would be considered his own camp?

loramin
12-31-2020, 12:26 PM
i did the majority of 56-60 at CE years ago

never once had an issue with soloers taking a named spot

spergs gonna sperg these days

Yeah, I gotta say this ruling has always bugged me. Like I completely understand the logic behind it; it basically amounts to "we want it to be easy for everyone to understand the rules, and that means keeping them simple/general, and not having tons of special exceptions for individual camps"... but it still feels wrong for this place.

Exhibit A): No one soloed Crypot mobs in classic, and this place is all about classic.

Exhibit B) The whole point of the rule is to promote sharing on our (shared) free server ... but this ruling discourages sharing.

I know weird exceptions all over the place isn't how the staff wants to run things, and I completely support that ... but I do wonder if not having an exception for CE does more harm than good.

P.S. Full disclosure: As a 60 Torpor Shaman I've actually soloed CE mobs myself before ... but I always did it late at night when no one else was doing the camp. If the rule was "when a group shows up you have to go", I would have absolutely felt that was ok.

Meiva
12-31-2020, 12:31 PM
Exhibit A): No one soloed Crypot mobs in classic, and this place is all about classic.

You tend to always spew truth Loramin, but I'm not sure you can prove this statement.

It's absolutely the wrong decision to split CE in to four separate camps, we all know that. I think the problem is we can't play nice, and volunteer GMs don't got a ton of time. That said I think it's just as easy to rule CE is one camp.

Is it greedy to lock down CE as one camp? I'm just not so sure. Suddenly we get in to weird lawyer quest territory about any camp that has multiple item mobs in a very small area. I suppose the CE rule would be true anywhere.

loramin
12-31-2020, 01:32 PM
You tend to always spew truth Loramin, but I'm not sure you can prove this statement.

I wasn't literally saying "never, in the entire period of time between 1999-2001, on any of the many different EQ servers, did any Torpor shaman ever solo a Crypt mob."

What I was saying was, it wasn't at all a regular occurrence on live; it's not the classic EQ we all remember. From what I remember on my server (Bristlebane) at least, AE groups were far more common in Seb than people soloing Crypt.

chowdah555
12-31-2020, 01:49 PM
I wasn't literally saying "never, in the entire period of time between 1999-2001, on any of the many different EQ servers, did any Torpor shaman ever solo a Crypt mob."

What I was saying was, it wasn't at all a regular occurrence on live; it's not the classic EQ we all remember. From what I remember on my server (Bristlebane) at least, AE groups were far more common in Seb than people soloing Crypt.

Seb strange on this server, again due to people coming in with tons of previous knowledge. My experience on live was that no one under 55 (except maybe clerics) could even think of finding a group in seb because no one would want you and there were way too many people in the zone to ever think about trying to claim a camp solo.

kjs86z
12-31-2020, 01:56 PM
If a group is locking down CE in the standard fashion of crawling around killing mobs right in line the spawn timers (ICGs --> heiro --> baron --> harbringer --> duke --> blood --> emp --> back to ICGs) ...and a soloer tries to lawyerquest his way in, said soloer is a total douche and probably has some form of mental illness.

Normal, well-adjusted adults simply log off in the safe spot and periodically check back to see if its open. Period.

EricaOgre
12-31-2020, 03:00 PM
If a group is locking down CE in the standard fashion of crawling around killing mobs right in line the spawn timers (ICGs --> heiro --> baron --> harbringer --> duke --> blood --> emp --> back to ICGs) ...and a soloer tries to lawyerquest his way in, said soloer is a total douche and probably has some form of mental illness.

Normal, well-adjusted adults simply log off in the safe spot and periodically check back to see if its open. Period.

Found the problem!

magnetaress
12-31-2020, 03:41 PM
This is why wow went completely instanced, quest reward, personal loot. They decided no GMs should have to get involved ever except in the extreme case of maybe harrasment or something strange like IRL stalking.

Welcome to 2020.

I wish I had a button that killed ppl from orbit for not being Normal, well-adjusted adults .

Tryred, its the next best thing.

Waedawen
01-03-2021, 03:20 PM
Yeah, I gotta say this ruling has always bugged me. Like I completely understand the logic behind it; it basically amounts to "we want it to be easy for everyone to understand the rules, and that means keeping them simple/general, and not having tons of special exceptions for individual camps"... but it still feels wrong for this place.

Exhibit B) The whole point of the rule is to promote sharing on our (shared) free server ... but this ruling discourages sharing.

I know weird exceptions all over the place isn't how the staff wants to run things, and I completely support that ... but I do wonder if not having an exception for CE does more harm than good.

P.S. Full disclosure: As a 60 Torpor Shaman I've actually soloed CE mobs myself before ... but I always did it late at night when no one else was doing the camp. If the rule was "when a group shows up you have to go", I would have absolutely felt that was ok.

loramin you are a very big noob and you really gotta stop weighing in as if you're some kind of authority

loramin
01-03-2021, 03:33 PM
loramin you are a very big noob and you really gotta stop weighing in as if you're some kind of authority

Your words wound me Waedawen, truly :rolleyes:

Did you play in classic? Hell, did you even play after classic? Even in Luclin, people weren't soloing Crypt mobs. Honestly I don't think they were in PoP either, but that likely had more to do with no one even wanting Crypt loot (given how much better Luclin/Planar loot was ...)

P.S. And also FYI, AoE groups in Seb (in Classic) 100% were a thing. Not all the time certainly, but late at night they definitely happened on Bristlebane.

mycoolrausch
01-03-2021, 03:39 PM

Tell the soloer half your group is holding heiro and the other half jbb, but he is free to take anything else.

MiRo2
01-03-2021, 04:45 PM
Did you play in classic? Hell, did you even play after classic? Even in Luclin, people weren't soloing Crypt mobs. Honestly I don't think they were in PoP either, but that likely had more to do with no one even wanting Crypt loot (given how much better Luclin/Planar loot was ...)

Necros got an undead only slow in luclin. On my server they were definently soloing emperor chottal to farm level 60 kunark spells during luclin era, and there was also a way to pull him solo from his room without having to clear it that I don't think works on this server. If they were soloing emperor, they were probably capable of doing crypt mobs too.

Babittle
01-03-2021, 06:16 PM
In reality, camp was held by a guild. Guild had enough folks to keep it going. Guild wiped plenty of times because things like that happened but recovered in time. Unfortunately people complained in their time window. Yet the guild always shared camp if a tell was sent and asked. Until one day, one day someone with pull came in. That pull was so pulling that in a matter of an hour it was changed even overturning another GMs ruling a few minutes before. Now we have seperate camps. And has actually made it easier for said group to camp the one or two camps. The end and well done.

chuckleluckle
01-05-2021, 06:02 PM
I give up time to roll an ench :)

why not another bard