PDA

View Full Version : The difference between my commute and your commute *Sip

cd288
12-29-2020, 11:04 PM
Since Snortles is on hiatus, figured we should keep his post format alive. Have fun sitting in traffic peasants.

https://imgur.com/gallery/5epK1AL

Tunabros
12-29-2020, 11:15 PM
Snortle Relative Found

GinnasP99
12-30-2020, 04:49 AM
I drive a twelve thousand dollar used Toyota camry. Little sip

nostalgiaquest
12-30-2020, 07:30 AM
I commute 15 feet from my bedroom to my home office. homemade coffee sip

magnetaress
12-30-2020, 08:43 AM
Sometimes I use a bathroom. It's about 20 ft away. Can be too much of a struggle tho.

White_knight
12-30-2020, 12:27 PM

Doncha mean: *functional, practical dad sip*

Bardp1999
12-30-2020, 12:53 PM
I'm currently getting paid to relax in my leather recliner while watching the God Father on my 300-inch projector TV.

Meanwhile Lulz is waking up from a Mad Dog 20/20 coma and trying to remember how many relationships he ruined while high on pills and cocaine over the holiday break.

*siP in your direction*

kjs86z
12-30-2020, 01:03 PM
Is that a Bell 407?

alexdoofaz
12-30-2020, 03:26 PM
I'm currently getting paid to relax in my leather recliner while watching the God Father on my 300-inch projector TV.

Meanwhile Lulz is waking up from a Mad Dog 20/20 coma and trying to remember how many relationships he ruined while high on pills and cocaine over the holiday break.

*siP in your direction*

You should check out part 3’s new edit by Coppola “Coda the death of Michael Corleone” it’s a shit load better than the original cut.

derpcake2
12-30-2020, 05:39 PM

*siP in your direction*

At least he didn't embarrass himself trying to get a Putang surname.

edmazur
12-30-2020, 07:44 PM
Helicopter rideshares to/from airports in NYC are actually surprisingly cost effective if you're short on time.

cd288
12-31-2020, 12:21 PM
Helicopter rideshares to/from airports in NYC are actually surprisingly cost effective if you're short on time.

This is actually very true. I have done them before when it’s been faster than waiting for my guy to fly in

Mblake81
12-31-2020, 12:42 PM
New York in the 80s (https://greatfuturestories.com/get-inspired-in-new-york/2017/11/13/new-york-city-back-in-the-1980s)

Natewest1987
01-03-2021, 01:35 AM
Posts on p99 to flex IRL.

all that hard work really paid off, didn’t it?

cd288
01-03-2021, 11:01 AM
Posts on p99 to flex IRL.

all that hard work really paid off, didn’t it?

Sorry you sit in traffic and fly commercial

Clazxiss
01-04-2021, 03:24 PM
I think the bigger question is, what is it about P99 and this community, that brings in the people who need to show their wealth off?

Whether it's Snortles or this guy, they still pale in success when compared to something mundane like a mid tier Youtube streamer. I mean, the items you guys show off off for wealth are literally on par with shenanigans I see from mid level Youtubers. If you're going to boast about wealth, do so in a way that would impress this community.

magnetaress
01-04-2021, 03:40 PM
I think the bigger question is, what is it about P99 and this community, that brings in the people who need to show their wealth off?

Whether it's Snortles or this guy, they still pale in success when compared to something mundane like a mid tier Youtube streamer. I mean, the items you guys show off off for wealth are literally on par with shenanigans I see from mid level Youtubers. If you're going to boast about wealth, do so in a way that would impress this community.

If you have a computer that plays eq with a stable enough internet connection and 6-12 hrs a day to spend on video games you are in the top 30% of ppl on this planet luxury wise.

loramin
01-04-2021, 03:58 PM

Basic/boring old human psychology perfectly explains Lulz and some of the other braggarts here. As for cd288, I'm still not sure whether he is actually serious, or just doing his best Lulz impression ;)

We can recognise the insecurity behind the boasting, insists Dr. Susan Whitbourne, Professor Emerita of Psychological and Brain Sciences at the University of Massachusetts, Amherst, by noticing four signs:

The braggart tries to make you feel insecure about yourself. In fact, they are probably projecting their insecurities onto others in order to be able to examine them.
The boaster needs to showcase his/her accomplishments. The sense of inferiority at the heart of constant recitation of their great lifestyle, elite education, or genius children’s achievements are attempts to convince themselves that they are ok.
The braggart does the “humblebrag” (as above) far too often. Again, look out for self-deprecatory statements that are really excuses to drop important names or identify high-status details (like the conspicuous late-model Mercedes in the background of the Facebook picture where the person in the foreground is getting you to notice his new t-shirt).
The show-off frequently complains that things aren’t good enough. Examples here include the person complaining about the work travel for the high-profile job, or the rather snobbish negative assessment of an expensive restaurant meal or a performance whose tickets cost a fortune. Complainer-braggarts may be proclaiming their high standards as a way of demonstrating that they are truly better than everyone else, but it is more than that. They are also trying to prove that they hold themselves to a more demanding set of self-assessment criteria (Whitbourne, 2015).

- The Psychology Of Bragging (https://www.counsellingconnection.com/index.php/2019/11/14/the-psychology-of-bragging/)

Mead
01-04-2021, 04:04 PM
Sounds like he struck some insecurities.

greasemonk
01-04-2021, 05:29 PM

You could have said "I'm poor and butthurt about your post" in less words.

cd288
01-04-2021, 06:28 PM

Just keeping the Lulz posts alive

Zoggren
01-04-2021, 10:15 PM
I wear the same underwear as Jeff Bezos - bigsip

Bardp1999
01-04-2021, 11:10 PM
Here is a pic I snapped of my friend Emmitt Smith - We were both in the same suite for the Cotton Bowl last Wednesday. (NotATroll.Jpeg)

https://i.imgur.com/DcqquEg.jpg

condap99
01-05-2021, 12:54 PM
Congratulations on your nyc helicopter tour. What does that run? About 100$ an hour?

You make it sound like you're ordering a blade to get to and from CT down to FiDi. Heading north along the Hudson in the 40s-60s doesn't really say what you think it says.

Boptop
01-05-2021, 01:34 PM
sips

Jibartik
01-05-2021, 01:59 PM

No options 2015 toyota tacoma that will be my mount for the next 10-15 years :flex:

Bardp1999
01-05-2021, 03:02 PM
No options 2015 toyota tacoma that will be my mount for the next 10-15 years :flex:

Funny you should bring up Toyotas. I was going to get a Tacoma but then I remembered that I am a man and not a woman, so I decided on the 4x4 Tundra instead (also a 2015). Keep SipiN BroS

https://i.imgur.com/gEmE0hg.jpg

DoodyLich666
01-05-2021, 03:07 PM
My wife has a Tacoma, it’s a great little truck, but it would definitely be cooler if it had a v8.

Nirgon
01-05-2021, 03:10 PM
*checks Rolex*

Beta's over guys, it's been over

Jibartik
01-05-2021, 03:40 PM
Funny you should bring up Toyotas. I was going to get a Tacoma but then I remembered that I am a man and not a woman, so I decided on the 4x4 Tundra instead (also a 2015). Keep SipiN BroS

https://i.imgur.com/gEmE0hg.jpg

you may be a man, but you're still a little soy boy cuck with a japanese truck, like me! :o

Jibartik
01-05-2021, 03:41 PM
also *aghem* options are for karens, the most women of womans so you double got yourself!

k9quaint
01-05-2021, 07:52 PM
When did Lulz get banned?
I wanna know if I won the pool.

Tenderizer
01-06-2021, 07:19 AM

Thats the joke, it started and has transformed into a haves and haves not, the irony of our society. Everyone is struggling for thwir piece of the pie so why not be a dick about it.

Almost forgot, im better than you all with a phat wallet and a huge cum chugging penis. Choo choo

Viscere
01-06-2021, 07:41 AM
There are a couple millionaires on p99, none of them currently posting about it in RnF though

kjs86z
01-06-2021, 03:00 PM
https://i.imgur.com/41FAPok.gif

Confit
01-06-2021, 03:58 PM
Congrats. You spent $200 on a NYC helicopter tour. Which every American can do at least 3 times now thanks to Congress.

Gustoo
01-06-2021, 04:24 PM
These posts are awful I can walk into a dealership with 450 credit and walk out with a 60,000 dollar car payment owning garbage means nothing.

What matters is loving others and being loved. Any 75 year old zillionaire would trade everything to be a 20,30, or even 40 or 50 year old person with a family who loves and cares about him. Remember that. Wealth is mostly in your heart. Happiness definitely is. Owning stuff won't help.

Though I do like getting things I want in the mail but the joy passes fast.

If you want peak excellence and collector lust value look at pre-moon omega speedmasters and pre-war 1911 national match handguns $$ and only you know how elite they are.

I don't know why P99 players choose to hate each other rather than band together like typical nerds do. Maybe we all need more GM events where ultra high DKP cost dragon loot gets dished to noobs.

greasemonk
01-06-2021, 05:37 PM
These posts are awful I can walk into a dealership with 450 credit and walk out with a 60,000 dollar car payment owning garbage means nothing.

What matters is loving others and being loved. Any 75 year old zillionaire would trade everything to be a 20,30, or even 40 or 50 year old person with a family who loves and cares about him. Remember that. Wealth is mostly in your heart. Happiness definitely is. Owning stuff won't help.

Though I do like getting things I want in the mail but the joy passes fast.

If you want peak excellence and collector lust value look at pre-moon omega speedmasters and pre-war 1911 national match handguns $$ and only you know how elite they are.

I don't know why P99 players choose to hate each other rather than band together like typical nerds do. Maybe we all need more GM events where ultra high DKP cost dragon loot gets dished to noobs.

Boorish post cus Poor-ish host!

Gustoo
01-06-2021, 06:12 PM
Formal request for a GM event where the reward is not announced but ends up being one of the ALL/ALL best in slot items that require like a year straight of raiding megabucks DKP for.

Just to get people jazzied.

Bardp1999
01-06-2021, 06:37 PM
What matters is loving others and being loved.

***Beep Bop Bo Beep - Poor person detected, poor person detected - initiating sanitization mode***

Here I can been seen getting my Christmas bonus in cash instead of direct deposit

https://i.imgur.com/J5oxXED.jpg

Jibartik
01-06-2021, 06:39 PM
https://i.imgur.com/41FAPok.gif

This is friday friday everyone gets down on friday, isnt it?

cd288
01-06-2021, 08:17 PM
Congrats. You spent $200 on a NYC helicopter tour. Which every American can do at least 3 times now thanks to Congress.

Lower-middle class person triggered. Maybe if you work very hard and really put your mind to it, one day you will be able to fly in and out of our beloved city on your own chopper :)

Goods
01-07-2021, 12:12 AM
Lower-middle class person triggered. Maybe if you work very hard and really put your mind to it, one day you will be able to fly in and out of our beloved city on your own chopper :)

What the fuck did you just fucking say about me, you little bitch? I'll have you know I graduated top of my class in the Navy Seals, and I've been involved in numerous secret raids on Al-Quaeda, and I have over 300 confirmed kills. I am trained in gorilla warfare and I'm the top sniper in the entire US armed forces. You are nothing to me but just another target. I will wipe you the fuck out with precision the likes of which has never been seen before on this Earth, mark my fucking words. You think you can get away with saying that shit to me over the Internet? Think again, fucker. As we speak I am contacting my secret network of spies across the USA and your IP is being traced right now so you better prepare for the storm, maggot. The storm that wipes out the pathetic little thing you call your life. You're fucking dead, kid. I can be anywhere, anytime, and I can kill you in over seven hundred ways, and that's just with my bare hands. Not only am I extensively trained in unarmed combat, but I have access to the entire arsenal of the United States Marine Corps and I will use it to its full extent to wipe your miserable ass off the face of the continent, you little shit. If only you could have known what unholy retribution your little "clever" comment was about to bring down upon you, maybe you would have held your fucking tongue. But you couldn't, you didn't, and now you're paying the price, you goddamn idiot. I will shit fury all over you and you will drown in it. You're fucking dead, kiddo.

Confit
01-08-2021, 04:17 PM

Lol =P It is an amazing city isn't it? I miss pre-Covid NYC =(

Gustoo
01-08-2021, 04:20 PM
***Beep Bop Bo Beep - Poor person detected, poor person detected - initiating sanitization mode***

Here I can been seen getting my Christmas bonus in cash instead of direct deposit

https://i.imgur.com/J5oxXED.jpg

What the fuck did you just fucking say about me, you little bitch? I'll have you know I graduated top of my class in the Navy Seals, and I've been involved in numerous secret raids on Al-Quaeda, and I have over 300 confirmed kills. I am trained in gorilla warfare and I'm the top sniper in the entire US armed forces. You are nothing to me but just another target. I will wipe you the fuck out with precision the likes of which has never been seen before on this Earth, mark my fucking words. You think you can get away with saying that shit to me over the Internet? Think again, fucker. As we speak I am contacting my secret network of spies across the USA and your IP is being traced right now so you better prepare for the storm, maggot. The storm that wipes out the pathetic little thing you call your life. You're fucking dead, kid. I can be anywhere, anytime, and I can kill you in over seven hundred ways, and that's just with my bare hands. Not only am I extensively trained in unarmed combat, but I have access to the entire arsenal of the United States Marine Corps and I will use it to its full extent to wipe your miserable ass off the face of the continent, you little shit. If only you could have known what unholy retribution your little "clever" comment was about to bring down upon you, maybe you would have held your fucking tongue. But you couldn't, you didn't, and now you're paying the price, you goddamn idiot. I will shit fury all over you and you will drown in it. You're fucking dead, kiddo.

Gustoo
01-08-2021, 04:31 PM

(picture of money here)

All kidding aside, no. I have everything I want, and my only regrets are the smiles, the poor quality jokes "knock knock - Who's there? - It's me daddy!", and questions I missed from my kids because I thought it was really critical that I collect robust bonuses (though not for posting on everquest emulator message boards)

I'm just trying to help others examine their focus, examine the way they spend time in what is much like a meat grinder churning out money so you can spend it so you can churn more. When you buy something what do you get? Just some thing. Even when you go the smart route and buy experiences like long yacht trips or permanent residence in the tropical locale of your choice, you quickly realize that what actually is valuable is your relationships with the people that surround you. You quickly realize that your happiness is rooted in your junky guts and brain more than in any external circumstance.

Some people are like P99 level 60 guys with multiple BIS toons that will still betray their friend for an extra piece of sellable loot. They get some kind of joy from amassing more money, but are basically perpetually unhappy. Its nice that they can buy their clothes of preference, and drive their car of preference or pickup truck or SUV like Bard has, but its a minor convenience. Just ask a dying rich guy. Either he is clinging on to his pixels and still fucking hates you, or he is saying something similar to what I'm saying if he saw the light.

Bristlebane bless you.

Bardp1999
01-12-2021, 04:19 PM
High BMI detected from the previous poster

In other news - I just learned Royal Caribbean canceled my Bahamas cruise in April due to Covid. Guess I will have to dust off my passport (just kidding it's not dusty) and travel somewhere this spring instead.

Sorry to all the poor people who are still killing dragons, I am no bull shit praying for you.

nostalgiaquest
01-12-2021, 04:35 PM
Only old people go on Royal Caribbean cruises.

OuterChimp
01-12-2021, 04:41 PM
Thanks to the Rona, I commute in my PeeJays to my couch so i can Zoom!

Jibartik
01-12-2021, 04:42 PM
only boomers have cash after 2020 lol

OuterChimp
01-12-2021, 04:51 PM
only boomers have cash after 2020 lol

Okay Boomer...

TomisFeline
01-13-2021, 07:10 AM
Congratulations on your nyc helicopter tour. What does that run? About 100$ an hour?

You make it sound like you're ordering a blade to get to and from CT down to FiDi. Heading north along the Hudson in the 40s-60s doesn't really say what you think it says.

damn dude

Mblake81
01-13-2021, 05:58 PM
damn dude

Take what you think is rich and remind yourself it's someones pocket lint.

This is also the point where you know something about the person commenting and you make a witty meme troll that gets us all laughing and the squares pissed off.

Bardp1999
01-13-2021, 11:58 PM
Woke up today about noon and took my Laptop and new book poolside (Here in Texas it was sunny and mid 60s today). I worked for about an hour and then read my book for maybe 2 hours, then my girl made me nachos and I took a nap. I made $400 today doing this.

#BiGSiP