PDA

View Full Version : This is why Green can't have nice things!

OuterChimp
12-23-2020, 03:33 PM
....because you keel'ed the A Banker!

Bondrake
12-23-2020, 03:36 PM
That's why I stopped playing a while ago. Dumped 2k plat into the bank. A few seconds later someone kills the banker... Not farming 2k again just for it to go poof when the banker dies.

Kohedron
12-23-2020, 03:46 PM
Killing bankers nets me 1.478 pixels per second. I don't care about your needs.

Jibartik
12-23-2020, 04:28 PM
Cities should be dungeons for the unfactioned prove me wrong

Gustoo
12-23-2020, 04:40 PM
That's why I stopped playing a while ago. Dumped 2k plat into the bank. A few seconds later someone kills the banker... Not farming 2k again just for it to go poof when the banker dies.

???

The banker doesn't hold your money, your banked money is available at all banks. Did you open a trade window and GIVe it to the banker?

Jibartik
12-23-2020, 04:41 PM
Wait what?

I just been giving the bankers my money with the trade window, and wondering how people can afford things like fungi's this whole time.

Nachtsuchen
12-23-2020, 04:46 PM
It doesn't make sense to me why the Bankers are on an XP table when the vast majority of city vendors aren't. How is it not zone disruption when it's forcing everyone in the zone to march to the beat of the drum of whoever decides to make a city their personal farming ground?

It's expected when it's the rest of the game, out killing camps, but it's plain ridiculous to force everyone else to come to a grinding halt, stop what they're doing, and wait around for you. In what dimension is that playing nice? How is that not literal disruption? Makes me wonder if the people getting a pass for it are big names. Hmm...

OuterChimp
12-23-2020, 04:59 PM
Nobody has the balls to kill the banker in Qenos Catacombs....

Evia
12-23-2020, 05:01 PM
Why are their so many tears for people killing bankers? It's part of the appeal and allure of the game that you're capable of playing and leveling in unorthodox and unconventional ways, like killing bankers to lvl. I've never had an issue asking them to give me a moment to bank between spawns.

Jibartik
12-23-2020, 05:01 PM
towns should be dungeons and attacking townsfolk should flag you for pvp.

Nachtsuchen
12-23-2020, 05:15 PM
Why are their so many tears for people killing bankers? It's part of the appeal and allure of the game that you're capable of playing and leveling in unorthodox and unconventional ways, like killing bankers to lvl. I've never had an issue asking them to give me a moment to bank between spawns.

Because, as mentioned, there's a reasonable level of expectancy to use a core mechanic of the game. The difficulty comes from the game, not other players bending the game. When you have new players quitting the game over this and such a volume of people mentioning how aggravating it is having to schedule their own time to other people's for a simple function as banking, it's a problem (even if it isn't a problem for you).

Nachtsuchen
12-23-2020, 05:16 PM
Nobody has the balls to kill the banker in Qenos Catacombs....

This. They do it because it's convenient, and permit people to bank because they don't want to be banned, not because they especially care about inconveniencing others.

Terrok
12-23-2020, 05:29 PM
It doesn't make sense to me why the Bankers are on an XP table when the vast majority of city vendors aren't. How is it not zone disruption when it's forcing everyone in the zone to march to the beat of the drum of whoever decides to make a city their personal farming ground?

It's expected when it's the rest of the game, out killing camps, but it's plain ridiculous to force everyone else to come to a grinding halt, stop what they're doing, and wait around for you. In what dimension is that playing nice? How is that not literal disruption? Makes me wonder if the people getting a pass for it are big names. Hmm...

Is it ridiculous to force everyone else to come to a grinding halt so you can use a banker? There are 947 bankers in EQ, how is one dying stopping you? Get GUD!

Terrok
12-23-2020, 05:34 PM
Because, as mentioned, there's a reasonable level of expectancy to use a core mechanic of the game. The difficulty comes from the game, not other players bending the game. When you have new players quitting the game over this and such a volume of people mentioning how aggravating it is having to schedule their own time to other people's for a simple function as banking, it's a problem (even if it isn't a problem for you).

People who quit, are quitters. They will quit for one reason or another. you cant stop them from quitting, or they wouldn't be quitters.

If you can't bank and that is the worse thing going on in your world, you must have an amazing world.

But yeah, make bankers like level 100 and non kos to everyone. And give me max level with all bis gear too.

DoodyLich666
12-24-2020, 12:25 AM

It never sat with me right, when on my troll, that I must watch gnomes lay siege to my homeland with no recourse...

Nirgon
12-24-2020, 12:19 PM

So close to realizing what's needed

magnetaress
12-24-2020, 12:25 PM
Lots of really good insight on the last page of this thread :D

OuterChimp
12-24-2020, 01:58 PM
Lots of really good insight on the last page of this thread :D

Please add me to the player operated list to kill the Qenos banker.

Nachtsuchen
12-24-2020, 02:14 PM
People who quit, are quitters. They will quit for one reason or another. you cant stop them from quitting, or they wouldn't be quitters.

Not sure if it occurred to you genius, but in cities like Qeynos, there stands a high likelihood new players - who can't go anywhere else but Qeynos - don't exactly have access to other banks. WHOA! BRAIN BLAST! Get over yourself.

ClephNote
12-24-2020, 02:19 PM
Pls don’t play open world in this open world game. Pls play the way I want to play. GMs, halp!

Nachtsuchen
12-24-2020, 02:23 PM
Pls don’t play open world in this open world game. Pls play the way I want to play. GMs, halp!

Oh my, very compelling and intelligent rebuttal!

The only reason people do it is because it's a fast respawn with experience on an NPC that, by general standards, wouldn't yield XP -- vendors don't, so why would Bankers? Seems like an oversight the staff are willing to overlook to favor veteran players.

Miraculous how no one complains about guards, yet when it comes to the most convenient way to farm, poor babies get defensive. Really activates one's almonds.

ClephNote
12-24-2020, 02:31 PM
Oh my, very compelling and intelligent rebuttal!

The only reason people do it is because it's a fast respawn with experience on an NPC that, by general standards, wouldn't yield XP -- vendors don't, so why would Bankers? Seems like an oversight the staff are willing to overlook to favor veteran players.

Miraculous how no one complains about guards, yet when it comes to the most convenient way to farm, poor babies get defensive. Really activates one's almonds.

You mad because you still haven’t banked?

Swish
12-25-2020, 04:32 AM
https://i.imgur.com/hUpjxpb.gif

cd288
12-25-2020, 10:57 AM
Not sure if it occurred to you genius, but in cities like Qeynos, there stands a high likelihood new players - who can't go anywhere else but Qeynos - don't exactly have access to other banks. WHOA! BRAIN BLAST! Get over yourself.

So you have to wait a couple minutes for the banker to respawn and then do your 30-60 seconds of banking before leaving. Rough life!

Elendae
12-25-2020, 12:44 PM
So you have to wait a couple minutes for another guard to respawn instead of killing the banker that serves a primary function in the game. Rough life!

I personally have no life outside of EQ so I wait or use firepots to go somewhere else. There are a lot of players that don't have that luxury or they have limited time to play each week or they're straight up new to the game or the server and they're immediately introduced to high level players perma-camping the one banker within a several zone radius. I don't really get it. It's a tenth of a tenth of a percent of exp, but disrupts other players game time. At best, this is a play-nice-policy issue. At worst, it's zone disruption.

Mblake81
12-25-2020, 01:36 PM
It's a tenth of a tenth of a percent of exp, but disrupts other players game time. At best, this is a play-nice-policy issue. At worst, it's zone disruption.

Got your point but I would like to point out the attitudes of "interrupting my play time" in an MMO. The whole point is other players messing around (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2g7nzIk6wC4) otherwise it would be a regular single player game.

But yeah dude, getting grief is tough but these are tough games. Might be why modern MMO's focus on single player adventures. Gamers are not cut out to interact with other gamers at large.

magnetaress
12-25-2020, 01:50 PM
Killing a banker for a lil more exp is rude AF, part of being in an online community with other ppl is being an upstanding lawful good citizen of said community or getting trashed and blocked from being part of the good standing upstanding lawful good part of said community.

Ppl who are evil in online games shouldn't get a free pass or 'buffer' cuz its 'Online MMO'.

That it's online is a dumb excuse.

That said no one is entitled to bank in Qeynos either but lol, u are a shithead for killing the bankers.

magnetaress
12-25-2020, 01:51 PM
Same goes for quest mobs and stuff too basically there is an entire world out there of things to do and exp to get that isn't those like 10 'highly contested' city mobs that ppl only kill because its almost impossible to die from anything other than a train and trains are illegal on blue (wish they werent on red either in these non-raid cases too). U should get exp death for being a goon.

Mblake81
12-25-2020, 01:52 PM
Killing a banker for a lil more exp is rude AF, part of being in an online community with other ppl is being an upstanding lawful good citizen of said community or getting trashed and blocked from being part of the good standing upstanding lawful good part of said community.

Ppl who are evil in online games shouldn't get a free pass or 'buffer' cuz its 'Online MMO'.

That it's online is a dumb excuse.

That said no one is entitled to bank in Qeynos either but lol, u are a shithead for killing the bankers.

Late Stage Gaming

Thomacles
12-25-2020, 02:10 PM
I don't see the problem. On live, 20 years ago, people killed bankers all the time. If someone needed to bank, they simply asked the player, and the player always just waited for the other player to get done banking, then kill kill kill again after business was concluded.

What's really the issue here?

/shrug

magnetaress
12-25-2020, 02:22 PM
I don't see the problem. On live, 20 years ago, people killed bankers all the time. If someone needed to bank, they simply asked the player, and the player always just waited for the other player to get done banking, then kill kill kill again after business was concluded.

What's really the issue here?

/shrug

The difference here is that the player killing the banker probably saves all their mana to nuke it down as fast as possible and runs away from the kid trying to bank then /oocs 'get wrekt nub' ;) like they are on some wow pvp arena battle

magnetaress
12-25-2020, 02:23 PM
also in all my time on live i never saw a banker die once, like i said way earlier int his thread i only killed the hhk one in self defense occasionally

magnetaress
12-25-2020, 02:25 PM
The difference here is that the player killing the banker probably saves all their mana to nuke it down as fast as possible and runs away from the kid trying to bank then /oocs 'get wrekt nub' ;) like they are on some wow pvp arena battle

and has a timer with a beeper for each toon logged into every server so they can and their boxed vpn alts at other bankers :o

magnetaress
12-25-2020, 02:25 PM
merry christmas x4post

Mblake81
12-25-2020, 02:27 PM
also in all my time on live i never saw a banker die once, like i said way earlier int his thread i only killed the hhk one in self defense occasionally

People have manages all sorts of crazy stuff on this box, I guess it's due to being boxed in and a touch stir crazy. You have a valid point withing the confines of original EQ but I still think your (our) opinions on modern gaming is bad. Very concerned about well being, perhaps visit a doctor instead of a games server.

I don't usually participate in it but to remove it is very lame and enables terrible modern gamer ideas to slime their way into the workings.

Thomacles
12-25-2020, 02:29 PM
Totally different story if the Bankerkiller refuses to let others bank when they need. Very bad form, and on live, that was never totlorated. I have even seen GM's show up, and tell them they can kill banker, but let people use it when needed.

On live, many people killed bankers, because at first, they actually dropped huge unrealistic amounts of cash, (They were bankers after all), and then soon after, Verant nerfed the cash amount down to it being non lucrative to kill them after the nerf. They still gave awesome exp, but they weren't worth it for loot.

magnetaress
12-25-2020, 02:30 PM
People have manages all sorts of crazy stuff on this box, I guess it's due to being boxed in and a touch stir crazy. You have a valid point withing the confines of original EQ but I still think your (our) opinions on modern gaming is bad. Very concerned about well being, perhaps visit a doctor instead of a games server.

I don't usually participate in it but to remove it is very lame and enables terrible modern gamer ideas to slime their way into the workings.

i'm indiff, i would have axxedd nicely and gone to hhk, or if dubious downstairs to the evil bank

feels bad that ppl fight over this stuff in 2020 and I think these boxes should be museums, if ppl want to smash the exibits they respawn, so not in favor of tweaks like making bankers lvl 60 and dt

magnetaress
12-25-2020, 02:30 PM
i'm indiff, i would have axxedd nicely and gone to everfrost, or if dubious downstairs to the evil bank

feels bad that ppl fight over this stuff in 2020 and I think these boxes should be museums, if ppl want to smash the exibits they respawn, so not in favor of tweaks like making bankers lvl 60 and dt

err everfrost in this case

cold, brain cells dying, got to go away from FQ and my timers :D

Mblake81
12-25-2020, 02:34 PM
i'm indiff, i would have axxedd nicely and gone to hhk, or if dubious downstairs to the evil bank

It's games and interactions with people, nothing has changed and the year means nothing other than a forum catch phrase. If it didn't provoke such responses from grown adults (assuming) then it really has no bite. If anything people have grown much more mild while exhibiting other extreme behavior since the rise of mental illness was accepted and attention was called to it.

magnetaress
12-25-2020, 03:21 PM
Yep. Spending Christmas with mom. Not the bankers or gnolls!

Danth
12-25-2020, 04:17 PM
Yep. Spending Christmas with mom. Not the bankers or gnolls!

Not spending Christmas with anyone here besides the wife/daughter since the folks we were planning on visiting called this morning letting us know they're all sick and need to postpone. Wife and I managed to put together a modest holiday dinner for us and the daughter, best we can do given we're caught unprepared and everything's closed. Somehow it seems a fitting close to a consistently lousy year.

The gnolls and bankers might be the only other company we get today if we decide to pop on for a bit. Dunno if I've ever been on EQ during Christmas before but that's 2020 for you.

Danth

Nachtsuchen
12-25-2020, 04:38 PM
I'm noticing how some people react toward this, and other people's grievances, and it's very telling of their personalities. It seems very clearly divided between the camps of those who care about others and those that don't. I wish y'all a fun time hunting those pixels on Christmas! I, personally, couldn't imagine so vehemently defending something that so openly bothers others. It's less to do with the actuality and more to do with the principal, but that seems to be lost on a priviledged some. But to each their own, I guess.

Have fun, trolls, and happy holidays to the rest of you.

Mblake81
12-25-2020, 04:46 PM
Not spending Christmas with anyone here besides the wife/daughter since the folks we were planning on visiting called this morning letting us know they're all sick and need to postpone. Wife and I managed to put together a modest holiday dinner for us and the daughter, best we can do given we're caught unprepared and everything's closed. Somehow it seems a fitting close to a consistently lousy year.

The gnolls and bankers might be the only other company we get today if we decide to pop on for a bit. Dunno if I've ever been on EQ during Christmas before but that's 2020 for you.

Danth

Merry Christmas Danth, to you and your family.

Mblake81
12-25-2020, 04:49 PM
I'm noticing how some people react toward this, and other people's grievances, and it's very telling of their personalities. It seems very clearly divided between the camps of those who care about others and those that don't.

Have fun, trolls, and happy holidays to the rest of you.

I care about those I care about, otherwise this is a game where others come to have a good time. A good time being subjection to those. Now that I have took human experience and dissolved it nothing, I hope you can appreciate that some of us don't come here looking for a drum circle. That doesn't mean I have a knife in your back but I am not giving you a high give either.

fastboy21
12-25-2020, 04:52 PM
I care about those I care about, otherwise this is a game where others come to have a good time. A good time being subjection to those. Now that I have took human experience and dissolved it nothing, I hope you can appreciate that some of us don't come here looking for a drum circle. That doesn't mean I have a knife in your back but I am not giving you a high give either.

Finally, someone higher than me. Btw, I agree that EQ isn't a dance and drum party at the Ewok village...It isn't hunger games, either...but sometimes it is.

Merry Christmas my EQ brothers and sisters (even though 90% of my sisters here are fake IP Exemption wives---Merry Christmas to you too).

Tunabros
12-25-2020, 04:55 PM
Thank you P99 community for killing the qeynos bankers. Now I have to wait for 6 minutes

staring at a wall just to transfer gold into plat

nice!

Danth
12-25-2020, 05:09 PM
Merry Christmas Danth, to you and your family.

Thanks, and same to you.

Mblake81
12-25-2020, 05:11 PM
Thank you P99 community for killing the qeynos bankers. Now I have to wait for 6 minutes

nice!

Use zen

https://i.imgur.com/LPhehtG.jpeg

magnetaress
12-25-2020, 05:19 PM

nice!

Never ceases to amaze me people don't buy gems. Straight up carry your riches with you wherever you go.

Tunabros
12-25-2020, 05:44 PM
Never ceases to amaze me people don't buy gems. Straight up carry your riches with you wherever you go.

you expect new characters to have enough to buy gems? lol

Mblake81
12-25-2020, 06:05 PM
Once upon a time players would camp gate guards, my first experience seeing the Necromancer class was a level 49 Dark Elf in Freeport camping the noobie zone. I didn't understand what the spells were doing but I could read the text of their effects, and the pet.. I don't know what pets are.. it's a brown skeleton with glowing eyes.. and it laughs!

She gave me gold.

magnetaress
12-25-2020, 07:21 PM
you expect new characters to have enough to buy gems? lol

Some are worth under a platinum or like 6g :p

adruidarkly
12-25-2020, 07:37 PM
Bankers should just be merchant rules. No exp

chuckleluckle
12-26-2020, 11:34 AM
No one cares about you or the fucking bankers, grab your tiny little nuts, wipe the tears away.

magnetaress
12-26-2020, 11:35 AM
No one cares about you or the fucking bankers, grab your tiny little nuts, wipe the tears away.

Had them surgically removed so... ??? :confused:

chuckleluckle
12-26-2020, 11:36 AM
Had them surgically removed so... ??? :confused:

sucks to suck

magnetaress
12-26-2020, 11:43 AM
sucks to suck

Sorry its 2020 and u only have 10 posts. <3 :o

chuckleluckle
12-26-2020, 11:44 AM
Sorry its 2020 and u only have 10 posts. <3 :o

Sorry its 2020 and you have almost 3k

magnetaress
12-26-2020, 12:10 PM
Sorry its 2020 and you have almost 3k

Got to get at least 70 more before new years.

WOuld be dumb to not get 3k,

i think my earliest accoutns had like 5k and 4k respectively

been slowing down

imperiouskitten
12-26-2020, 12:31 PM
chucklecuck

axisofebola
12-26-2020, 12:32 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rRZ-IxZ46ng&ab_channel=JayB7869

Mead
12-26-2020, 02:43 PM

This is the only post worth reading in this thread

Zephys
12-28-2020, 04:22 AM
It never sat with me right, when on my troll, that I must watch gnomes lay siege to my homeland with no recourse...

Racist

Nachtsuchen
12-29-2020, 08:31 PM
https://www.project1999.com/forums/showthread.php?t=375217

Lmao.

Swish
12-29-2020, 08:57 PM

nice!

Could be worse, you could have to go on a website and wait in line to use them.