PDA

View Full Version : KC Trains

Azerakiss
12-21-2020, 04:51 PM
I have searched a bit and have had little luck in finding how this scenario is 'judged' in the play nice rules or addendums.

your group is in LCY of KC. your group is doing well and pulling more than the mobs of LCY. not many people are in the zone, and the mobs are up. why not put them down. another player or group of players is pulling from beyond LCY to the zone entrance/exit. This could come from ramparts, hands, jails...who cares where it came from. The group pulls through LCY, effectively placing social on LCY, and is fully intended to be killed at zone in. Except, the mob is not killed. the player or group has needed to drop aggro on their intended kill at their intended camp. This pull now rushes back to LCY with or without repawn friends from moat or captain. put this into play as a common occurence by various players with a varying number of trained mobs.

Would you consider this zone disruption or a 'legitimate camp'?

indiscriminate_hater
12-21-2020, 04:55 PM
I consider this a cry for help

Gustoo
12-21-2020, 04:56 PM
I don't know how this stuff is judged but if some dum dum is pulling past a "legitimate" camp to entrance in such a way that when their group fails you take a train in the rear then I'd say that they did something wrong.

Kill them.

Jibartik
12-21-2020, 04:56 PM
https://kcparent.com/vacations/trains-in-kansas-city-import/

Ripqozko
12-21-2020, 05:03 PM
Worrying about KC trains in 2020, yikes.

annali
12-21-2020, 05:07 PM

Because its a new zone and active hot zone for the green server, try to keep up.

Tuljin
12-21-2020, 05:11 PM
KC nubz

BiG SiP
12-21-2020, 05:16 PM
KC nubz

Jimjam
12-21-2020, 05:29 PM
rated 5* for title alone. Body tldr.

Swish
12-21-2020, 05:30 PM
If a guide were to say "yes" I would be scared to pull anything in KC at any time for fear of elf court activists getting mad.

Ripqozko
12-21-2020, 05:35 PM
KC nubz

ClephNote
12-21-2020, 06:05 PM
KC trains are the most classic part of Kunark, hands down. Embrace them.

Zipity
12-21-2020, 06:23 PM
If someone pulls through your camp in KC then they zone and those mobs come to you? I say rejoice you got a free pull!

Sizar
12-21-2020, 06:28 PM
tell your CC'er to get gud and mez them or something

Scalem
12-21-2020, 06:34 PM
If a guide were to say "yes" I would be scared to pull anything in KC at any time for fear of elf court activists getting mad.

Green is like 90% elf court activists. From low level camps in Befallen to end game everyone is an elf lawyer ready to /petition you for the slightest perceived infraction.

BiG SiP
12-21-2020, 06:42 PM
reported

Danth
12-21-2020, 06:42 PM

For my part, I regard that specific camp as a case of camping on the freeway and anyone who fights there should expect to say hello to some unexpected guests once in awhile.

If Karnor's is not too crowded you could move across to right courtyard and not encounter the issue of other players (and their mobs) running through your camp. The left courtyard is located on the main route from the front to the back of the zone. Fight there and you can expect that sort of thing to happen once in awhile. That's how the zone is made. In the specific case of the left courtyard area in Karnor I've seen varied guide/GM rulings throughout the years due to the unique combination of it being both a) a popular group spot and b) also a chokepoint for transit in that zone. Really the rules should not matter anyway. No-one should be petitioning over accidental trains in that spot and nobody's claiming deliberate intent. Chalk it up to EQ being EQ and let it be.

Danth

fuckshit22
12-21-2020, 07:07 PM
Kill them.

cd288
12-21-2020, 07:57 PM
I have searched a bit and have had little luck in finding how this scenario is 'judged' in the play nice rules or addendums.

your group is in LCY of KC. your group is doing well and pulling more than the mobs of LCY. not many people are in the zone, and the mobs are up. why not put them down. another player or group of players is pulling from beyond LCY to the zone entrance/exit. This could come from ramparts, hands, jails...who cares where it came from. The group pulls through LCY, effectively placing social on LCY, and is fully intended to be killed at zone in. Except, the mob is not killed. the player or group has needed to drop aggro on their intended kill at their intended camp. This pull now rushes back to LCY with or without repawn friends from moat or captain. put this into play as a common occurence by various players with a varying number of trained mobs.

I mean how is this much different from a train in general where they run to the zone and live and the mobs path back through your camp?

I guess because they are deliberately pulling to the ZL?

sydbarrett25
12-21-2020, 10:51 PM

sydbarrett25
12-21-2020, 10:52 PM
reported

We have our finest on it. Cane file this as resolved, dont worry anymore.

tankboyt
12-21-2020, 10:59 PM
KC trains are the most classic part of Kunark, hands down. Embrace them.

This:)

Terrok
12-21-2020, 11:23 PM
Freedom is currently recruiting.

Freedom.guild99.org

kaluppo
12-22-2020, 02:51 AM
KC is the train capital of Norrath. It was true on live, true on blue and should be no surprise that it is true on green. Make sure your group has a Cleric or access to one and accept the fact that leveling in KC is dangerous and will require a number of rez recovery breaks.

Arvan
12-22-2020, 02:57 AM
To one player you are standing in the way of a pulling path and to another player you are getting trained by inconsiderate elfs. Is only one correct? Both?

Tunabros
12-22-2020, 03:32 AM
just play the game guys~

Terrok
12-22-2020, 04:46 AM
KC is the train capital of Norrath. It was true on live, true on blue and should be no surprise that it is true on green. Make sure your group has a Cleric or access to one and accept the fact that leveling in KC is dangerous and will require a number of rez recovery breaks.

and then there is that 1 newb that trains left....

kjs86z
12-22-2020, 04:53 AM
consider blue

Endorra
12-22-2020, 07:31 AM
Always train left, that's where all the people are to help you

Nirgon
12-22-2020, 08:37 AM
All the mouth breathers who roll druids and won't harmony..

azeth
12-22-2020, 08:45 AM
OP admitted that his group was pulling more mobs than what typically constitutes the LCY camp. By more mobs he surely means mobs that are distantly between him and the entrance, the dogs that are guarding the castle entrance and the early ramparts.

So he's pulling mobs that typically would be pulled by people that are soloing or camping the entrance.

What exactly are these people supposed to be XPing on if the LCY camp has taken their mobs? The answer is the remaining mobs beyond LCY

Jimjam
12-22-2020, 08:52 AM
I have to admit during my time on blue I’d happily pull mobs through LCY if their puller had cleared out the mobs that I could have taken without going through. A couple of snares or similar seemed to guarantee they’d end up in their intended destination if LCY didn’t try to CC them.

Occasionally the LCY enc might memblur a dotted mob running thru, which could lead to problems, but I guess that is a consequence of casting on someone else’s engage.

magnetaress
12-22-2020, 09:59 AM
trains are like a christmas thing imo

https://i.imgur.com/FIgORmV.png

Cecily
12-22-2020, 10:59 AM
Karnor'sCastle: 10 billion trains served. It's a zone feature and a spectacle.

Nirgon
12-22-2020, 01:54 PM
Xp zone requiring minimal effort, no risk (no body bound key)..... Hmmm what kind of players might that attract...

BarnabusCollins
12-22-2020, 02:07 PM
Bagheera dropped group as puller the other morning to snipe Tranquil Staff - Don't group with him.

Castle2.0
12-22-2020, 02:55 PM
OP [right]: Where am I?
RnF [left]: Karnor's Castle.

https://i.imgur.com/dJAm9xz.png

-TK-
12-22-2020, 03:47 PM
Pretty sure a train is a train. I don't see exceptions noted in the rules for KC just because idiots like to say it's classic as an excuse to be lazy and bad. You are responsible for what happens to mobs you pull/engage even after you zone it. If you pull from beyond LCY and it paths back to them after you fail to kill what you pull, it is a train and you can be petitioned. I would absolutely FRAPS and petition someone for it if it happened more than once. Plenty of other options in that situation other than them screwing up my gameplay. If you're pulling all the way from hands to the zone in, stop being a pussy and go setup camp beyond LCY. If you can't then try a different zone.

So he's pulling mobs that typically would be pulled by people that are soloing or camping the entrance.

What exactly are these people supposed to be XPing on if the LCY camp has taken their mobs? The answer is the remaining mobs beyond LCY

This kind of entitled dumb logic right here...smh. So it's okay to train people when the entry mobs are taken because you HAVE to sit at the zone-in to kill shit? There's still a whole zone to exp on beyond the entrance. It's not like KC has some innate rule that solo/duo toons get priority at the entrance of KC. The answer to your question is move in past the mobs that are being killed and camp somewhere beyond. You could maybe even try to work something out with the group pulling those areas if they have other spots to pull from. If you're not willing to do that, then you risk training the groups up front and getting suspended. Your right to kill safely at the zone-in does not override the rights of others to not get trained even if it is KC.

azeth
12-22-2020, 06:42 PM
nah

NPC
12-23-2020, 04:29 AM
So Live play etiquette in this situation, you DO NOT F-ing pull thru someone else's camp! That's war son! Any player worth their salt should know this. Holy hell what you private server players thinking? Why are private server players so dumb?

zaldaben
12-23-2020, 06:01 AM
So Live play etiquette in this situation, you DO NOT F-ing pull thru someone else's camp! That's war son! Any player worth their salt should know this. Holy hell what you private server players thinking? Why are private server players so dumb?

I remember on live dispelling and fearing mobs when people did this and then camping out, logging back in and just watching their pull get 10 times crazier

Jimjam
12-23-2020, 07:52 AM

Maybe, but if a named mob spawns and it’s not inside someone else's camp I’ll do my darndest to pull it to my group ;) i’ll even harmony the pull to keep it under control, and maybe even harmony a canp it has to run through.

Kohedron
12-23-2020, 09:33 AM
I consider this KC, stop crying and get over it.

rjw513
12-23-2020, 09:35 AM
Sorry you didn’t get banker loot...

...oh wait, wrong thread ;)

tankboyt
12-31-2020, 03:44 PM
It’s KC so trains are to be expected. Be happy it’s a pretty easy zone to jump in a group for an hour or so and get some exp and get out. Also pretty easy to get a rez if you do die.

Azerakiss
01-02-2021, 03:18 PM
Its so odd to me that people accept trains in KC. let a similar experience happen in another dungeon, then i almost guarantee these same people will have their thoughts shifted.

Danth
01-02-2021, 03:50 PM
let a similar experience happen in another dungeon, then i almost guarantee these same people will have their thoughts shifted.

Well, of course. Different area, different expectations. Left courtyard is an almost unique case because the camp sits right on the main pathway through Karnor's. Most the time groups set up camps in their own discreet areas off the busy routes. I still have a problem with other groups deliberately trying to train and wipe people (much as how chardok AE groups used to do to anyone who had the gall to try to level there) but per the original post that wasn't the case here. Simple pulling should be expected. I've seen more than one courtyard group set up there for the specific purpose of trying to command the zone and peel stuff they liked off other folks' pulls.

It works both ways and the other group should be building some aggro on their pulls and not overpulling such that they wipe or have to zone. Walking a couple of aggro'd and snared mobs through a camp is a lot different than being gung-ho and pulling a dozen things with no regard for who they run over in the process. As always a little consideration goes a long ways. Reckless or careless behavior seldom ends well and it's always fair to gripe about people being twits.

Danth

Nirgon
01-02-2021, 06:43 PM
lot of really bad people doing KC for xp, im shocked

Jimjam
01-03-2021, 07:49 PM
lot of really bad people doing KC for xp, im shocked

I think this thread has rekindled the popularity of K C. on blue. I even visited a couple of times recently myself.

Tunabros
01-04-2021, 02:29 AM
bro just dont get trained

its that easy

Ravager
01-04-2021, 05:26 AM
If you exp in KC, you're gonna have a bad time.