PDA

View Full Version : got to be dem EC fat cats

Tunabros
12-07-2020, 12:25 PM
Does anyone notice how EC mules seem to be there all day?

I would log and head to EC and see them with new things but they never moved

and they are there....all day

I'm calling them out on boxing. there's no way they can just sell there all day with so

much gear on them to sell >:(

Ripqozko
12-07-2020, 12:26 PM
Please don't boxx, this is a trend too many are doing lately.

Its a very hard time of year.

kjs86z
12-07-2020, 12:49 PM
https://i.imgur.com/afxuzKX.jpg

JDFriend99
12-07-2020, 12:55 PM
No, they are just playing another game as they claim, that is why you cant ever get a reply in time.

They spend soo much time playing this "other" game its a wonder how the mule gets such nice stuffz aka stuffz -sellmeall - zzzfive - tenbag - sellinstuffz (all never log the toon off but miraculously are restocked by same two people daily.... Boy a GM would do wonders with the tunnel count to hang out a bit, considering i only spend about 25min there.

Tunabros
12-07-2020, 12:57 PM
No, they are just playing another game as they claim, that is why you cant ever get a reply in time.

They spend soo much time playing this "other" game its a wonder how the mule gets such nice stuffz aka stuffz -sellmeall - zzzfive - tenbag - sellinstuffz (all never log the toon off but miraculously are restocked by same two people daily.... Boy a GM would do wonders with the tunnel count to hang out a bit, considering i only spend about 25min there.

wonder what THIS other game is hmmmmmmmmmmm

BiG SiP
12-07-2020, 01:06 PM
imagine not having a separate dedicated ISP & box for your EC mule
(LOL)

Tunabros
12-07-2020, 01:07 PM
boxxing is not a joke

Tuljin
12-07-2020, 01:32 PM
Last night a tunnel rat was listing a Siblisian Berserker Coat at 300k and I laughed

Tuljin
12-07-2020, 01:33 PM
Cloak* lol the joke is still funny and the tunnel rat bullshit is still exactly the same as it ever was

Kohedron
12-07-2020, 01:36 PM
Isn't it obvious? They have their shy quiet non-gamer girlfriend sit there and spam a sell macro while they watch Netflix.

It's not boxing.

Castle2.0
12-07-2020, 02:08 PM
Sometimes:

"EQ is the game I play while I play other games."

Do you sit there staring at a screen for...

6 minutes 40 seconds for the next PH/named to pop?
28 minutes waiting for the next round frogs to pop?
1 hour for the erudite madman or PH to pop?

The only time EQ has my 100% full attention is...

Raiding
Grouping
Swarm kiting
Camping the animal invis ring in LOIO with 30-second pops
9PM in Sro or Qeynos hills
FM outdoor cycles
More, but these are off the top of my head

If you're solo camping or EC-muling it, you can do that while you do other stuff. It's a great way to semi-play EQ.

OuterChimp
12-07-2020, 02:50 PM
This whole thread is boxic!

Tunabros
12-07-2020, 02:58 PM
https://i.imgur.com/4zwt4O8.jpg

Tuljin
12-07-2020, 03:06 PM
My favorite is the list something in /auction and instantly /q to rig prices for the auction log

Whenever I send someone a tell immediately after something is listed and they are offline my blood boils

Tunnel rats are in a bad way right now though, I've dealt with some comically broke tunnel rats lately that aren't liquid enough to deal with a few thousand plat and they come up with ridiculous "three jellybeans and a thumbtack" item trades. Economy is totally fucked and tunnel rats are drowning

White_knight
12-07-2020, 03:26 PM
Isn't it obvious? They have their shy quiet non-gamer girlfriend sit there and spam a sell macro while they watch Netflix.

It's not boxing.

Lol.

shuklak
12-07-2020, 04:00 PM

It's not boxing.

She just enjoys the chat aspect of mmo's!

Nuggie
12-07-2020, 04:22 PM
It makes you wonder....

Wall O Lead
12-07-2020, 04:30 PM
Could always stage a mass protest inside the tunnel. Just crowd a few dozen peeps around them and make it a click fest to try and trade with someone... That may be against the rules... If it is... I recall my statement.

Also,

Boxxing is not a joke.

Tunabros
12-07-2020, 04:46 PM
p99 has a serious boxing issue

its time to fix it, no?

OuterChimp
12-07-2020, 05:39 PM
The recent Covid number spike is directly related to the number of boxers in P99.

Castle2.0
12-07-2020, 07:46 PM
Could always stage a mass protest inside the tunnel. Just crowd a few dozen peeps around them and make it a click fest to try and trade with someone... That may be against the rules... If it is... I recall my statement.

Also,

Boxxing is not a joke.

You know there is a setting to turn off trade with everyone or only allow trade with group members, right?

My favorite is the list something in /auction and instantly /q to rig prices for the auction log

Whenever I send someone a tell immediately after something is listed and they are offline my blood boils A broken clock is right twice a day. This man is onto your plans, tunnel rats.

Jibartik
12-07-2020, 07:49 PM
I think if you buy low sell high thats how you get rich, so I could believe they have 1 char and all those items.

Trexller
12-07-2020, 07:50 PM

Why bother with that when you can just manually edit your log by hand, change the prices of all items, then upload your log to the wiki.

thats how wiki pricing works. people upload logs and it parses for items and prices.

most people don't know it

Onward
12-07-2020, 08:28 PM

This much more attractive to me than a stick figure model. Even moreso than somewhat curvy... Kinda off topic, but mmmmm.. lmbo! ;)

Arvan
12-07-2020, 08:39 PM
its not boxxing it's their wife! Do you even play p99

Wall O Lead
12-07-2020, 10:41 PM
Okay, since Mr. TurnOffEveryone'sQuestXP shit on my parade. New plan... we all gather an funnel our Elf rage to kill whatever NPC that mo'fo is planning on turning into for a bit?

Swish
12-07-2020, 11:49 PM
I responded to a fat cat trader once who had just advertised an item I wanted.

It took him over a minute to reply.

Was he boxing?

spiritsofrock
12-07-2020, 11:51 PM

That can’t be real

Tunabros
12-07-2020, 11:59 PM
I responded to a fat cat trader once who had just advertised an item I wanted.

It took him over a minute to reply.

Was he boxing?

happens to me all the time

one time it took one of them 5 minutes

Cassawary
12-08-2020, 12:34 AM
This much more attractive to me than a stick figure model. Even moreso than somewhat curvy... Kinda off topic, but mmmmm.. lmbo! ;)

Lotta bacon on that hog

kaizersoze
12-08-2020, 01:11 AM
That can’t be real

She is real, her name is Tess Holiday and she's an awful human being. Not for being fat, but for bullying people in her own segment of the body positive movement (the one that morbidly obese people hijacked from people like veterans who lost limbs) for not being fat enough or shaming them for being proud of losing weight.

ScottBerta
12-08-2020, 01:22 AM
They shouldn’t let people play blue and green at same time.

Tunabros
12-08-2020, 01:49 AM

its not boxing

that's like playing Minecraft and terraria at the same time

Convict
12-08-2020, 03:38 AM

Whenever I send someone a tell immediately after something is listed and they are offline my blood boils

Tunnel rats are in a bad way right now though, I've dealt with some comically broke tunnel rats lately that aren't liquid enough to deal with a few thousand plat and they come up with ridiculous "three jellybeans and a thumbtack" item trades. Economy is totally fucked and tunnel rats are drowning

I have to agree, having played on blue from an early point the prices I am seeing on green literally do not make any sense. Blue had a massively extended timeline between expansions with all kinds of abused exploits to dupe plat, pre-nerf seafuries dropping double ruby crowns and other gems almost every kill, etc, leading to massive plat inflation and even there the prices were lower for most of these "legacy" kunark items than what I am seeing on green for where the current timeline is at. These items are still dropping and these people are trying to ask prices like they have been out of the game for months. Its hilarious.
1 million for a BoTDBE while its still dropping? Get real. it was like 150-200k on blue when it was still dropping, and that was before proc threat was capped and the sword was still busted and overpowered.

I think they overestimate the amount of players with that kind of plat, and those players are likely the ones who are able to camp these items for themselves anyways. There's a few mage farmers out there I'm sure that spent 15 hours a day for several months leading up to kunark grinding giants and seafuries just to amass plat to buy one of these items they want for their fresh iksar alt they were planning to roll but it wasn't as many as they think.

kjs86z
12-08-2020, 03:49 AM

OuterChimp
12-08-2020, 11:03 AM
its not boxing

that's like playing Minecraft and terraria at the same time

f you Tunabro! How dare you not focus 100% on teh MineCRaft!

branamil
12-08-2020, 11:39 AM
They don't have all the items on their mule. 99 times out of 100 if you buy it they'll be like "ok I gotta switch it's on my other char"

BiG SiP
12-08-2020, 11:40 AM
My railroads aren’t going to build themselves!

Lune
12-08-2020, 12:41 PM
My railroads aren’t going to build themselves!

Ah another man of culture

OpenTTD is the shit

Tunabros
12-08-2020, 12:51 PM
I have to agree, having played on blue from an early point the prices I am seeing on green literally do not make any sense. Blue had a massively extended timeline between expansions with all kinds of abused exploits to dupe plat, pre-nerf seafuries dropping double ruby crowns and other gems almost every kill, etc, leading to massive plat inflation and even there the prices were lower for most of these "legacy" kunark items than what I am seeing on green for where the current timeline is at. These items are still dropping and these people are trying to ask prices like they have been out of the game for months. Its hilarious.
1 million for a BoTDBE while its still dropping? Get real. it was like 150-200k on blue when it was still dropping, and that was before proc threat was capped and the sword was still busted and overpowered.

I think they overestimate the amount of players with that kind of plat, and those players are likely the ones who are able to camp these items for themselves anyways. There's a few mage farmers out there I'm sure that spent 15 hours a day for several months leading up to kunark grinding giants and seafuries just to amass plat to buy one of these items they want for their fresh iksar alt they were planning to roll but it wasn't as many as they think.

a bunch of losers from TLP came over and messed it up for everyone

I agree with you, some of these prices on the green server is just absolutely insane

azxten
12-08-2020, 12:59 PM
With a stated plan to merge Green/Blue why would you sell anything for Green prices? Just wait for merge and sell it at Blue prices.

Tunabros
12-08-2020, 01:02 PM
With a stated plan to merge Green/Blue why would you sell anything for Green prices? Just wait for merge and sell it at Blue prices.

green and blue will never merge

Psyborg
12-08-2020, 01:10 PM

You're looking at something that may or may not happen 2+ years from now.

BarnabusCollins
12-08-2020, 01:13 PM
My wife was nervous.

Tuljin
12-08-2020, 01:28 PM
The price speculation has really gotten out of hand. Everybody is trying to "strike oil" and the main culprits are people who are not EQ and P99 veterans who think they know everything just because they can check the wiki and see what item drops off what mob but really they know nothing at all.

What happened to the price of Manastone at Kunark launch? Did it go up as the Taco Bell "fourth meal" Gordon Geckos predicted??? No, you can barely get 150k raw plat for one. Fungi for Manastone is a fair trade, but nobody wants to do it because....one day Manastone will sell for "500k." There are people WTS Manastone on EC forums at 185k etc that have been bumping their threads for weeks.

1 million for Blade of the Black Dragon Eye. 300k for Manastone. I saw 300k the other night in EC for a Siblisian Berserker Cloak. BotBDE is virtually permafarmed and at this rate won't even be a rare item. Why would would anyone pay any money for it when you can just get it with DKP (something that wasn't an option on Blue at all whatsoever.) Manastone was farmed to shit and is, in fact, not rare at all. The Sib cloak will be more rare than those two items but it will never sell for anywhere near 300k.

Fungi has been 24/7 permafarmed since Kunark launch by 15-30 people at a time. This simply was not the case on Blue. If you wanted a Fungi, you had to get a small crew together who could kill the king. People kept groups as small as possible to maximize each persons cut off the sale. On Blue you could find the Fungi camp open often enough. Fungis will be permanently farmed on this box 24/7 by large groups of people. They are not rare. I have already seen offers as low as 100k for them. This price will continue to go down. It's not that its not an amazing item that isn't worth "one MILLION platinum"...its simple supply/demand that somehow seems to be faaaaar too complicated for the paper-napkin-math EQ geniuses on this box.

You can only sell items for what people are willing to pay, period. The people with stacks upon stacks of plat don't pay top dollar for anything and most of those people with stacks of plat have DKP they can get items with. This go-round everyone and their grandma has DKP of some type and guilds are highly organized with Discord and Google docs. This simply was -not- the case in Blue Kunark.

Really, you have a bunch of fucking idiot nubs trying to "get rich" off DKP when really they have 0 idea about EQ and love the feeling of being hot shit with their rare item they got because they warmbodied on planar raids for 8 months. There are plenty of good "fair" trades out there for super top-end items but many people currently holding these items simply don't know a single fucking thing about EQ besides what they read on the Wiki.

Castle2.0
12-08-2020, 01:44 PM
Elf says X items are perma-farmed and should not be Y price.

Elf does not have X items and will not pay whatever everyone is paying at 3Y to 5Y.

Sorry elf. You could have been like me, Warren Buffelf, and invested in manastones.

Manastone for fungus tunic? lol I'll take a manastone for my fungus tunic any day. DM me.

Tuljin
12-08-2020, 02:08 PM
Manastone for fungus tunic? lol I'll take a manastone for my fungus tunic any day. DM me.

Essentially what you are trading is an item to powerlevel a melee toon for an item to powerlevel a caster toon.

The caster toon needs a healer with them to make it feasible and it doesn't work in any new-world zones (which it seems most people -still- don't know)

Melee toons can use the fungi anywhere and with Kunark items they can bludgeon their way through levels quickly and easily with no downtime at all. Melee toons are far more ~~~rAiD uSeFuL~~~ now with Kunark and Velious coming up so a lot of people want to take this route.

There is not pot of gold at the end of the rainbow for people who want to hold onto their manastones forever. This server may or may not merge with Blue and if it does who the fuck cares.

Would a sudden flood of tons of Manastones to the Blue server automatically mean tons of people would come out of the woodwork willing to pay 750k for them, or would it flood the market and drop the price? Asking for a friend

Mblake81
12-08-2020, 02:11 PM
Really, you have a bunch of fucking idiot nubs trying to "get rich" off DKP when really they have 0 idea about EQ and love the feeling of being hot shit with their rare item they got because they warmbodied on planar raids for 8 months. There are plenty of good "fair" trades out there for super top-end items but many people currently holding these items simply don't know a single fucking thing about EQ besides what they read on the Wiki.

Wiki is the bible of EQ, as we have posted many times. "Use the wiki". Can't blame them for using the wiki when we all point at it, where all info is compiled in an easy to use manner.

That said, we all made fun of Green economics before server launch. When everyone and their dog was planning on manastones and such. High hopes of traded super rare items for huge plat.

Tuljin
12-08-2020, 02:20 PM
Wiki is the bible of EQ, as we have posted many times. "Use the wiki". Can't blame them for using the wiki when we all point at it, where all info is compiled in an easy to use manner.

That said, we all made fun of Green economics before server launch. When everyone and their dog was planning on manastones and such. High hopes of traded super rare items for huge plat.

Well really the wiki is fine but the big issue with new players to EQ and from other MMOs is that people don't really understand that you really learn about EQ from experienced, good players and actually going and playing the game. Knowing what item drops off what mob and then looking at the auction tracker is really not knowing much at all. Then you have the added P99 phenomenon of a bunch of hot air being blown around.

Its good that there are new players drawn to P99 but EQ is very unique with how much esoteric information there is out there about the specifics of mob behavior etc. Players from other MMOs still don't understand the importance of this aspect of the game. I've run into people well into their 50s with piles of DKP and full "raid kits" that don't know how to look at max hit and find out mob level. The list goes on. With the Wiki and Discord and ~~~rAiD gUiLdS~~~ spoon feeding esoteric information to people its staggering what people still don't know about EQ. You learn it from going out and playing with good players and exploring Norrath, not GoogleDocs and the Wiki.

That being said, yes the current economy is an absolute joke and it is hilarious to see the high hopes of piles of plat fall flat lol

Tunabros
12-08-2020, 02:21 PM
i blame the EC fat cats

Aeaolena
12-08-2020, 02:38 PM
Some of us are forced into Stardew Valley slavery by our 6 year olds and just wanna hawk some 5/55 rings to save up for Jboots in the background mkay.

https://imgur.com/mtWs8D0.jpg

Also WTB Jboots, PST~

Tunabros
12-08-2020, 04:10 PM
Ban all boxers

those EC fat cats are ruining the game and economy

OuterChimp
12-09-2020, 11:02 AM
I'm almost level 73 in My Singing Monsters.

Tunabros
12-09-2020, 02:30 PM
I'm almost level 73 in My Singing Monsters.

good and I am level 43 town hall in clash of clans and have all vegetables unlocked

strongNpretty
12-09-2020, 02:35 PM
good and I am level 43 town hall in clash of clans and have all vegetables unlocked

I'm level 96 in Township :)

BiG SiP
12-09-2020, 03:09 PM
https://i.imgur.com/XEhqYsD.gif

beboprocksteady
12-09-2020, 06:23 PM
ITT a bunch of people who don't have second monitors?

Tunabros
12-09-2020, 11:54 PM
gms check all mules in EC

they could all be boxing!

Champion_Standing
12-12-2020, 09:29 AM
Best solution is to remove EC from the game entirely.

Ennewi
12-12-2020, 09:32 AM

North Freeport would be next on the chopping block, followed shortly after by Greater Faydark.

OuterChimp
12-12-2020, 11:18 AM
North Freeport would be next on the chopping block, followed shortly after by Greater Faydark.

They don't call it FayMart for nothinG!

axisofebola
12-12-2020, 04:00 PM
I'm calling them out on boxing. there's no way they can just sell there all day with so

much gear on them to sell >:(

WhenI'm on my Ec mule I'mm either doing something else in real life only checking the computer every couple minutes, playing on blue, or playing some other game.

Endorra
12-12-2020, 04:08 PM

We want players to obtain their items naturally, via kills.

BiG SiP
12-12-2020, 04:10 PM
We want players to obtain their post counts naturally, via forum kills.

OuterChimp
12-12-2020, 05:36 PM
We want players to obtain their post counts naturally, via forum kills.

This thread is /camped. PST send tells please and I will add you to the list.

Hrothgar
12-13-2020, 12:09 AM
Imagine getting to, and sitting in, EC to just spend your day reading box char chat spam.

drackgon
12-13-2020, 03:23 AM
GMs should look at the same 5 people whos perma listed on jade prod list who instantly relist moment they get jade prod. And you see /Auc WTS jade prod instantly in EC via EC stream

edmazur
12-13-2020, 01:57 PM
I can't spare too much attention to EQ during the work week, so when I was tunnelquesting a lot before, my strategy was to farm stuff over the weekend and then do sell/buy/sell during the week for many, many hours. With the use of some scripts for parsing your log file and alerting you of potential buyers/sellers, it requires effectively no active attention.

Tunabros
12-13-2020, 11:19 PM
bump

these EC fat cats are ruining the game

spiritsofrock
12-14-2020, 12:02 AM
If they have the time to waste in life to hoard loot and plat then salute

Good luck when reality sets in and you realize this isn’t the matrix tho

BarnabusCollins
12-14-2020, 12:07 AM
Reality = all those days of not being in pain come to an end.

Tunabros
12-14-2020, 04:36 AM
bump

these EC fat cats are ruining the game

Swish
12-14-2020, 06:14 AM
What's a good item at a low price I can buy right now?

Tunabros
12-14-2020, 12:19 PM
What's a good item at a low price I can buy right now?

nothing

the EC fat cats are ruining the game