PDA

View Full Version : May I please Quest... in EverQUEST?

Endorra
12-07-2020, 03:00 AM
Hi.

My highest green character is level 3. I gave up trying to play at vanilla launch because I just had no time at all. I work full time and I just finished a 2.5 year Master's program on 12/4.

So with school over I had some time this weekend. Got nostalgic and figured the rush was over by now so I logged in tonight. I can't turn in bone chips that I was grinding in Butcherblock.

I'm pretty sure I'm not a threat to the folks who have been playing since Vanilla. Pretty sure I'm not going to rob anyone of their experience.

While I was grinding, two 50+ iksar stopped nearby me and went invis.

May I please play the game the way it was intended to be played?

KainIIIC
12-07-2020, 03:24 AM
Here here!

BarnabusCollins
12-07-2020, 04:02 AM
Quest were suspended for 30 days post Kunark. Today is day 30, should open up soon, any day now.

Jimjam
12-07-2020, 04:34 AM
Can Kaladim be returned to 7kxp per 4 bone chips while we are at it. Lots of evidence this was correct amount nothing shown to suggest it should be substantially lower.

KainIIIC
12-07-2020, 08:06 AM
https://i.imgflip.com/4pdkc0.jpg

BiG SiP
12-07-2020, 09:29 AM
https://i.imgur.com/FepijKl.jpeg

axisofebola
12-07-2020, 10:02 AM
https://i.imgur.com/NZbeuFZ.gif?1

Kaaji1359
12-07-2020, 10:50 AM
Agreed, this is just hurting the casual population and pushing away the newbies. Whether you higher levels like it or not, the p1999 community needs new incoming players to thrive and having no quest experience pushes them away. You should see how often people complain about it in Crushbone...

31 days since quest experience has been disabled, let's see how long this takes...

Thulian
12-07-2020, 11:40 AM

what does this mean

Tunabros
12-07-2020, 11:59 AM
https://i.imgur.com/FepijKl.jpeg

lol

Kaaji1359
12-07-2020, 12:19 PM

what does this mean

What he means is that turning off quest experience didn't stop people from leveling up iksars incredibly fast, they just went from quest experience to power-leveling. Also the achievements have been populated now so nobody's chasing those "server firsts" anymore. In summary, there's no reason to keep quest experience off at this point.

Castle2.0
12-07-2020, 12:21 PM
Soon (TM)

sajbert
12-07-2020, 01:54 PM
Neverquest

Wait, isn’t that what pantheon should be called?

cd288
12-07-2020, 02:15 PM
Since Castle 2.0 is to blame for this, people should probably just DM him their complaints instead of posting about it. There's been like 5 or more posts about this already.

Valorian
12-07-2020, 02:19 PM
If only, the ones responsible were dealt with instead of punishing everyone else for it... I know, it's a novel idea.

loramin
12-07-2020, 02:20 PM
What the hell is wrong with you people: you expect Rogean and Nilbog to just give you classic EverQuest? They never promised our community that!

... oh wait: that's actually the only thing they've ever promised.

Nuggie
12-07-2020, 02:23 PM
The hole opens in a couple weeks. I'm willing to bet they will revert the unpopular changes then.

Oncevil
12-07-2020, 02:42 PM
The 30 days was over yesterday right?

Kaaji1359
12-07-2020, 02:52 PM
The 30 days was over yesterday right?

Yup. 10pm EST yesterday. Waiting...

Also if they wait 2 additional weeks for the Hole then that's really messed up.

OuterChimp
12-07-2020, 02:55 PM
Two pages and nobody mentioned the boxic atmosphere on Green ever since Teal was abandoned.../shame

BiG SiP
12-07-2020, 02:59 PM
https://i.imgur.com/PI6fiUe.gif

Tunabros
12-07-2020, 03:00 PM
lol who does quests

KainIIIC
12-07-2020, 03:22 PM
Yup. 10pm EST yesterday. Waiting...

Also if they wait 2 additional weeks for the Hole then that's really messed up.

2 weeks?! I'm gonna go postal!!1

Kaaji1359
12-07-2020, 03:30 PM
You all really have a bad disconnect in understanding that communities thrive on new influxes of people to keep the population strong. Just because YOU don't quest or think this is ridiculous doesn't mean that it's not bad for YOUR community of players. Everyone should be mad about this.

I have seen players quit because of this. It's sad that you all don't realize how people quitting because of some bone-headed decision is bad... Crushbone, bone chips, lightstones - everyone is complaining at the lower levels. Wake up.

But sure, let's all pile on the jokes. Keep the memes coming, boys.

Arakash
12-07-2020, 03:32 PM
I'm not sure I understand the op. I'm still doing quests and getting the faction and items for the quests. What quests can't we do?

imfusio
12-07-2020, 03:36 PM
I'm not sure I understand the op. I'm still doing quests and getting the faction and items for the quests. What quests can't we do?

You still receive faction reward, but no EXP reward, which is largely the point of the quests earlier in the game.

KainIIIC
12-07-2020, 03:46 PM
You all really have a bad disconnect in understanding that communities thrive on new influxes of people to keep the population strong. Just because YOU don't quest or think this is ridiculous doesn't mean that it's not bad for YOUR community of players. Everyone should be mad about this.

I have seen players quit because of this. It's sad that you all don't realize how people quitting because of some bone-headed decision is bad... Crushbone, bone chips, lightstones - everyone is complaining at the lower levels. Wake up.

But sure, let's all pile on the jokes. Keep the memes coming, boys.

It's a playful joke. This decision angers me greatly. I have 15 bags full of lightstones/DFBelts/ShoulderPads/FBEyes waiting to turn them in on a lvl 15 DE Wizard alt account... I've ridden it out long enough, i just want to turn them in and gain a level or two!

Exard3k
12-07-2020, 03:52 PM
lol who does quests

It's called Everquest. Everyone doing quests all the time not even reading the quest dialogues until WoW came around and after that, everyone was just smashing monsters all day.

Thulian
12-07-2020, 03:55 PM
lol who does quests

crushbone belts best part of everquest, sorry you lost

Tunabros
12-07-2020, 04:19 PM
crushbone belts best part of everquest, sorry you lost

its a joke, you numbskull

BiG SiP
12-07-2020, 05:13 PM
so thankful i experienced this on live
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Vribwyvnw3c
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=3P1SQYWChIM

pivo
12-07-2020, 05:14 PM
May I please play the game the way it was intended to be played?

It was said, don't know if this is true, that XP was disabled on all three servers.

Well I did a test and on Red server, I turned in as lvl 5, 4 bone chips to Jure ...something in North Kaladim and I got some XP. Can't recall how much, half yellow or 1/4 yellow, but I did get some XP. So I'm now wondering, maybe quest XP was turned back on?

I didn't do more bone chips turn in, since I'm saving them to level from 7 to 8 to avoid that part of slow grind without meditation.

Can anyone confirm if XP is back? Green server?

Castle2.0
12-07-2020, 05:31 PM
If only, the ones responsible were dealt with instead of punishing everyone else for it... I know, it's a novel idea. There is only one person responsible for turning off quest exp. Then there are epic questers like myself who are bravely questing into the unknown.

No player is at fault for turning in normal quest items, to normal quest mobs, for normal quest exp. Quest EXP: Coming Soon (TM)

Can anyone confirm if XP is back? Green server? Not on.

pivo
12-07-2020, 08:50 PM
Well I did a test and on Red server, I turned in as lvl 5, 4 bone chips to Jure ...something in North Kaladim and I got some XP. Can't recall how much, half yellow or 1/4 yellow, but I did get some XP. So I'm now wondering, maybe quest XP was turned back on?

Turned few stacks today at lvl 7 (red server). Got very small XP, so correct, not working yet

Castle2.0
12-07-2020, 09:15 PM
Also, Blistig said in that post:

Hello adventurers! Quest experience is disabled for 30 days beginning on the launch of Kunark.

So, that would be 11-6 to 12-6.

Endorra
12-07-2020, 09:17 PM
Gotta say it was a pretty bad boner kill for someone who was wanting to come back. Probably for the best, there are lots of more productive things I could be doing than playing this game again.

It's a lot easier to walk away realizing that this is nothing at all like classic EQ. Probably saves me from the grief of dealing with list camps and other "improvements"

Kaaji1359
12-07-2020, 09:23 PM
Gotta say it was a pretty bad boner kill for someone who was wanting to come back. Probably for the best, there are lots of more productive things I could be doing than playing this game again.

It's a lot easier to walk away realizing that this is nothing at all like classic EQ. Probably saves me from the grief of dealing with list camps and other "improvements"

This, ladies and gentlemen (Devs), is why this decision has hurt the player-base.

But what's done is done, so just TURN IT BACK ON!

Valorian
12-07-2020, 10:06 PM
There is only one person responsible for turning off quest exp. Then there are epic questers like myself who are bravely questing into the unknown.

No player is at fault for turning in normal quest items, to normal quest mobs, for normal quest exp. Quest EXP: Coming Soon (TM)

Not on.

Right...epic quester... WTB Scrolls 1-4!
They should just prevent corpsing and that would fix a lot of issues.

Modwolf
12-07-2020, 10:52 PM
Can't they just remove the corpses? or just ban them if they corpse the scrolls one more time.

Leonov914
12-07-2020, 10:53 PM
We just hit 31 days. Anyone hear of an update or even a rumor?

Ananka
12-07-2020, 10:56 PM
There really should be a limit on the amount of accounts one person can own. I get that guilds need a bunch of accounts for guild bank purposes and who doesn't have banker characters but I have severe alt-itis and I have only 4 accounts. 50 accounts x 8 characters with 4 gnoll scrolls should just be dealt with by the GM's and leave the rest of the community alone. I also have a small fear that gnoll scrolls will be permanently nerfed somehow which would be in keeping with the history of these servers. Keep it classic please.

Praise Amun!

Castle2.0
12-08-2020, 03:45 AM
Can't they just remove the corpses? or just ban them if they corpse the scrolls one more time.
There really should be a limit on the amount of accounts one person can own. I get that guilds need a bunch of accounts for guild bank purposes and who doesn't have banker characters but I have severe alt-itis and I have only 4 accounts. 4 accounts? Sounds like you're exploiting. Of course not, 4 is obviously the perfect amount because it's the amount you use. You are right. Everyone else is wrong. You do realize by your own standard, these rare breed of epic questers only need 2-3 groups of friends/guildies to make it happen.

If they can't put em on corpses, they will put em on mules. If they can't put em on mules, they will put em on corpses.

If they can't do either on their own, they will reach out to friends, guildies, and mule-renters (yes, if you create a scarce resource, you create a market.)

/auct WTStore 4 items on mule -- paying 10pp/week/mule.

Question Time:

Is the quest mechanic broken and exploitable? Example: returns quest item you can repeatedly turn in for faction, cash, or exp
Is there a quest in game that shouldn't be?
Is a certain quest giving more exp than it should?
Are quest items dropping more than they should?
Is someone questing for exp ruining anyone else's play experience?

Trick questions... the answers are all no ;)

Nothing has changed. People just got smart. Real smart.

Rumor has it these people are totally stable geniuses. They will find a way.

You'll get your quests back. Soon™.

Wrekt
12-08-2020, 05:04 AM
nope. enjoy your banks full of shit for a while longer, i guess. 8(

Gnarbox
12-08-2020, 05:04 AM
I started playing about a month ago again, I used to play Blue awhile back. I now have a level 22 rogue with bags filled with quest items I'd really like to turn in.

Like many people I was not happy with this implementation of a "fix" that only seemed to break things. But I managed, because I knew it was going to end soon. Or so I thought.

Now I'm camped at my first turn in with full bags. I'm logging in once a day to see if they fix the game now but that's it. Please bring back quests to Everquest...

Castle2.0
12-08-2020, 10:16 AM
I started playing about a month ago again, I used to play Blue awhile back. I now have a level 22 rogue with bags filled with quest items I'd really like to turn in.

Like many people I was not happy with this implementation of a "fix" that only seemed to break things. But I managed, because I knew it was going to end soon. Or so I thought.

Now I'm camped at my first turn in with full bags. I'm logging in once a day to see if they fix the game now but that's it. Please bring back quests to Everquest...

Registers account in 2015. In 5+ years makes 2 posts. This is one of them. Wow. Let that soak in.

We need 1 of the only 2 forms of classic exp to return to Norrath.

BiG SiP
12-08-2020, 10:28 AM
new player discovers classic Everquest project
can’t wait to reexperience crush bone quest gains and relive neckbeard youth
notices quests don’t function as they did in classic Everquest
never comes back
(LOL)

working as intended

reebit32
12-08-2020, 12:20 PM
Registers account in 2015. In 5+ years makes 2 posts. This is one of them. Wow. Let that soak in.

:eek::eek::eek:

Castle2.0
12-08-2020, 12:47 PM
:eek::eek::eek:

Registers account in 2015. In 5+ years makes 3 posts. This is one of them. Wow. Let that soak in.

BlackBellamy
12-08-2020, 12:50 PM
Please bring back quests to Everquest...

I hear a version of this every day from returning or new players over in FoB where I live now. People excited to become part of the server population, to make a home here, and this is their first taste of "classic".

Worst is these people don't realize anything is wrong until after they get in /gu and start asking questions as to why their previous turn-ins didn't give them exp.

These people are replacements for the natural attrition here! I'm trying to be all positive and be telling them it's going to be cool now. Except it was supposed to be cool two days ago now and it still ain't.

Kaaji1359
12-08-2020, 01:14 PM
I hear a version of this every day from returning or new players over in FoB where I live now. People excited to become part of the server population, to make a home here, and this is their first taste of "classic".

Worst is these people don't realize anything is wrong until after they get in /gu and start asking questions as to why their previous turn-ins didn't give them exp.

These people are replacements for the natural attrition here! I'm trying to be all positive and be telling them it's going to be cool now. Except it was supposed to be cool two days ago now and it still ain't.

Very well said!

Seriously do the Devs even read this or are we just complaining amongst ourselves?

Tunabros
12-08-2020, 01:20 PM