PDA

View Full Version : Beware, this can happen to you to!!!

silbo
12-06-2020, 05:26 AM
Hey all,

Just wanted to share with everyone what happened to my wife and I tonight. My wife (53 Cleric) was PL'ing me (30 Ranger) in Warsliks Woods. I can see how this might look like boxing as my wife likes to play her tablet (Candycrush god help us!) and reach over and heal and occasionally buff while I pull mobs. So we got summoned to Estate to run the infamous fountain figure eight test which we have run twice before, with two different GMs, and passed. This time my wife was super nervous and we didn't get off to a good start. Plus because I state this would be our third time running this test, GM Menden did not give us instructions. The previous time was several months ago, so we weren't completely clear on the directions. Anyway, long story short, after running running a not perfect test, but definitely running what imo would be impossible for one person, my wife who, as I said was super nervous fell in the fountains and was having trouble getting out, so I stopped my pattern and went over to her keyboard to help her out. Within seconds we were banned no chance to explain nothing. I share all of this not to plead my case to any Project 1999 staff but to convey that this can happen to any of you couples who play out there and I'm sure it has happened. No recourse, no questioning, no further testing (the last two times we were given 2 and 3 different tests) which we passed. Menden made a unilateral decision based on an totally incorrect opinion and because of that the days of devotion to our characters (Silbo 51 Druid, Martenii 50 Chanter, Khardan 30 Ranger, and Uilani 53 Cleric) will be gone forever. The realization is quite earth shattering actually - Totally gone. So for you couple out there beware and make sure to head to Estate every so often to practice running figure eights around the fountains so when you get tagged you don't freak out like my wife did. Peace be with you all and check out Pantheon :).

mcoy
12-06-2020, 06:07 AM
Got it - don't box, otherwise you'll get caught. It appears this wasn't the first time, as you're familiar with the process. I'm surprised it took this long for the RnF.

Please don't box on p99. There are several other emu's that actually allow it. Take advantage of them and enjoy playing an MMO by yourself.

-Mcoy

silbo
12-06-2020, 06:11 AM
Omg, we were not boxing /sigh. Can't win I guess.

reznor_
12-06-2020, 06:16 AM
You shouldn't 2-box on a server that doesn't allow 2-boxing.

Ratchet51
12-06-2020, 06:17 AM
Hey all,

Just wanted to share with everyone what happened to my wife and I tonight. My wife (53 Cleric) was PL'ing me (30 Ranger) in Warsliks Woods. I can see how this might look like boxing as my wife likes to play her tablet (Candycrush god help us!) and reach over and heal and occasionally buff while I pull mobs. So we got summoned to Estate to run the infamous fountain figure eight test which we have run twice before, with two different GMs, and passed. This time my wife was super nervous and we didn't get off to a good start. Plus because I state this would be our third time running this test, GM Menden did not give us instructions. The previous time was several months ago, so we weren't completely clear on the directions. Anyway, long story short, after running running a not perfect test, but definitely running what imo would be impossible for one person, my wife who, as I said was super nervous fell in the fountains and was having trouble getting out, so I stopped my pattern and went over to her keyboard to help her out. Within seconds we were banned no chance to explain nothing. I share all of this not to plead my case to any Project 1999 staff but to convey that this can happen to any of you couples who play out there and I'm sure it has happened. No recourse, no questioning, no further testing (the last two times we were given 2 and 3 different tests) which we passed. Menden made a unilateral decision based on an totally incorrect opinion and because of that the days of devotion to our characters (Silbo 51 Druid, Martenii 50 Chanter, Khardan 30 Ranger, and Uilani 53 Cleric) will be gone forever. The realization is quite earth shattering actually - Totally gone. So for you couple out there beware and make sure to head to Estate every so often to practice running figure eights around the fountains so when you get tagged you don't freak out like my wife did. Peace be with you all and check out Pantheon :).

P99 will miss you. You seemed like a valuable member(s) of the community.

Croco
12-06-2020, 06:22 AM

You posted this in r&f. What did you expect people to say?

silbo
12-06-2020, 06:27 AM
Where would have been the more appropriate place to post ?

Croco
12-06-2020, 06:29 AM
Where would have been the more appropriate place to post ?

Probably just the blue or green server chat depending on which server you were playing on. At least then you wouldn't have been guaranteed to get trolled into the ground by the usual suspects.

indiscriminate_hater
12-06-2020, 07:03 AM
Man where do you find a wife that's willing to play the most boring class and PL you on a 20 year old game? Crazy how many of them there are on this server. Sign me up plz

White_knight
12-06-2020, 08:30 AM
Play Red99 if you wanna box.

Also, I kinda think you weren't boxing the first 2 times you got tested, but on the 3rd one you were boxing because you thought the "testing" phase was over.

Either that or your wife couldn't play that night and you just risked it all.

Either way sorry for your loss.

P.s. don't you get a 1 month ban for your first boxing offence anyhow?

Mblake81
12-06-2020, 09:07 AM
Peace be with you all and check out Pantheon :).

DAoC with WoW & EQ flavor sprinkles.

OP, as others have said, you posted this in RNF. No one takes you serious here except for the time old person doing this same thing when they were caught boxing.

If you really had a wife playing and you both got nuked, sorry. If you really have a wife but you logged on her account to PL yourself, get wrecked. If your wife is your right hand and you are boxing, don't let the door hit you on the way out.

solleks
12-06-2020, 09:17 AM
Accept your sins and repent. Its the only way you are not going to be PIECE OF SHIT BOXING LOSER

Kohedron
12-06-2020, 09:25 AM
I feel you. I was actually in a very similar case, wanted to share with everyone what happened to my wife and I tonight. My wife (53 Cleric) was PL'ing me (30 Ranger) in Warsliks Woods. I can see how this might look like boxing as my wife likes to play her tablet (Candycrush god help us!) and reach over and heal and occasionally buff while I pull mobs. So we got summoned to Estate to run the infamous fountain figure eight test which we have run twice before, with two different GMs, and passed. This time my wife was super nervous and we didn't get off to a good start. Plus because I state this would be our third time running this test, GM Menden did not give us instructions. The previous time was several months ago, so we weren't completely clear on the directions. Anyway, long story short, after running running a not perfect test, but definitely running what imo would be impossible for one person, my wife who, as I said was super nervous fell in the fountains and was having trouble getting out, so I stopped my pattern and went over to her keyboard to help her out. Within seconds we were banned no chance to explain nothing. I share all of this not to plead my case to any Project 1999 staff but to convey that this can happen to any of you couples who play out there and I'm sure it has happened. No recourse, no questioning, no further testing (the last two times we were given 2 and 3 different tests) which we passed. Menden made a unilateral decision based on an totally incorrect opinion and because of that the days of devotion to our characters (Silbo 51 Druid, Martenii 50 Chanter, Khardan 30 Ranger, and Uilani 53 Cleric) will be gone forever. The realization is quite earth shattering actually - Totally gone. So for you couple out there beware and make sure to head to Estate every so often to practice running figure eights around the fountains so when you get tagged you don't freak out like my wife did. Peace be with you all and check out Pantheon .

BiG SiP
12-06-2020, 09:34 AM
this guy really said “my wife” likes to heal and buff occasionally
(LOL)

Mikebro
12-06-2020, 10:20 AM

You came to the wrong place unfortunately nothing but trolls around here.

Zipity
12-06-2020, 10:24 AM
This will never happen to me - I don’t box.

Evia
12-06-2020, 10:40 AM
Highly suspicious

BarnabusCollins
12-06-2020, 10:47 AM
I don't buy the wife shit either.

BarnabusCollins
12-06-2020, 10:50 AM
I don't buy the wife shit either.

"This time my wife was super nervous" that's bullshit.

saftbudet
12-06-2020, 10:55 AM
You shouldn't 2-box on a server that doesn't allow 2-boxing.

Except if your name is Furoar, then its ok.

Evia
12-06-2020, 10:58 AM

It’s a hard time of year

Zipity
12-06-2020, 11:45 AM
This is a great troll. You got busted boxing, time to reroll and level like the rest of us. One at a time!

1) -if you passed twice before you wouldn’t fail a 3rd time if you had two people controlling
2) -if you’ve done this twice before why would you be nervous about running simple route in unrest.
3) -someone who has multiple toons and one above level 50 can get out of the baby pools in unrest lol.

Nice try though. If you really do have a wife and you just got both your toons nuked - I feel bad I bet she is PISSED.

azxten
12-06-2020, 11:56 AM
Your wife was playing on a tablet? I'd like to see that.

azxten
12-06-2020, 12:01 PM
Also given that you were tested that many times it's likely you were boxing. I've played with my wife for 10 years here and been checked once. They check your behavior before you are ever tested. You likely failed before you even got zoned to unrest and they knew you were boxing thus the repeated checks.

Droxx
12-06-2020, 12:28 PM
Ban for first offense or how many times did you get suspended for boxing first?

Kohedron
12-06-2020, 01:10 PM
Remember kids, boxing is a bannable offense!

*except if you're in a whitelisted guild, donate a lot, or are a bald twitch streamer

Arvan
12-06-2020, 01:15 PM
my wife loves playing EQ with me but she only has one arm and that one arm only has one finger so she can only really press the heal button and the sit button i got banned cause we couldn't pass the boxing test i think the gms have unfairly treated us as well my friend

unleashedd
12-06-2020, 01:22 PM
she got legs, no?

mcoy
12-06-2020, 01:38 PM
[QUOTE=Arvan;3223598]my wife loves playing EQ with me but she only has one arm and that one arm only has one finger /QUOTE]

This made me lol.

-Mcoy

BiG SiP
12-06-2020, 01:44 PM
oh phew, it was a joke

DeathsSilkyMist
12-06-2020, 01:55 PM
Can confirm wives do not play this game. My wife says Everquest is far too ugly.

We played Final Fantasy 14 together for a few months because she could be a cute cat lady.

Stop boxing or git gud at having a fake wife.

cd288
12-06-2020, 01:55 PM
I believe I have grouped with you guys before in the past and never had the slightest feeling you were boxing. Seems like a misunderstanding during the boxing test. Hopefully you can sort it out with the staff.

adichi
12-06-2020, 02:02 PM
"went over to the computer to help her"
kekw

fastboy21
12-06-2020, 02:15 PM
Hey all,

If legit, why post this to RNF? You pretty much just evaporated anyone (including GMs) reviewing your case now...

feniin
12-06-2020, 02:18 PM
Got it - don't box, otherwise you'll get caught. It appears this wasn't the first time, as you're familiar with the process. I'm surprised it took this long for the RnF.

Please don't box on p99. There are several other emu's that actually allow it. Take advantage of them and enjoy playing an MMO by yourself.

-Mcoy

fastboy21
12-06-2020, 02:21 PM
Your wife was playing on a tablet? I'd like to see that.

In fairness, he said she was playing Candycrush on her tablet while playing cleric in EQ (presumably on a different computer).

I don't want to be totally biased, but I'd estimate only about 1/3 of the folks who say "their wife" plays EQ actually exists or does.

I'd also say that even if my wife existed and played EQ and we got an exemption that the temptation to never box would be too much for the average EQ player eventually. Just log her in a minute for buffs...a rez...etc. In the long run, most of the legit IP exemptions probably have at least some small violations going on imo. Its very cynical, but we've all played EQ long enough to know how folks are in this game.

Can't blame GMs for 1) trying to give benefit of the doubt in exemptions and 2) verifying multiple times in multiple ways whether you are boxing.

They gonna find you eventually...

Lune
12-06-2020, 03:19 PM
fucking lol

good job GM's

regandna
12-06-2020, 03:21 PM
They will likely remove your IP exemption and unban your characters, right? Just speak with them about it.

Ripqozko
12-06-2020, 03:27 PM
just tell them its a very hard time of year, that should help.

Nuggie
12-06-2020, 04:02 PM
reroll in the mean time. shaman/monk, magi/magi, ench/cleric

silo32
12-06-2020, 04:21 PM
Op I'm very happy you got banned for boxing. Now go cry and fist yourself fay gate.

Tunabros
12-06-2020, 08:28 PM
imagine boxing lol

regandna
12-06-2020, 09:45 PM
Op I'm very happy you got banned for boxing. Now go cry and fist yourself fay gate.

You are toxic.

Aeaolena
12-06-2020, 10:08 PM
If I fell in a fountain I'd be cussing in /say up a fucking storm to prove I was at that keyboard so the character I spent countless hours on didn't get banned.

I'd also know how to get out of a fountain because it was a game I've played to level 53? Why would my husband need to get up and help me? Wouldn't I be continuously jumping and panning my mouse up using both my hands, while my husband runs figure 8's, and that would be enough to prove we are both there? What was she doing.. swimming suspiciously strait into the wall underwater making no attempt to get out..?

This whole thing actually makes me kinda sad. I really hope your wife didn't play or enjoy playing in the past, because if I were your wife and you irresponsibly got my shit nuked by sneakily breaking the rules to PL yourself while I was in the living room binge-watching Queens Gambit - I'd be extremely pissed.

Buy her a nice Christmas gift. I recommend wrapping it without a box.

BiG SiP
12-06-2020, 10:28 PM
https://i.imgur.com/jinGLRk.gif

Mead
12-06-2020, 10:43 PM
Boxxing isn't a joke

Littul Jonn
12-06-2020, 11:13 PM
If I fell in a fountain I'd be cussing in /say up a fucking storm to prove I was at that keyboard so the character I spent countless hours on didn't get banned.

I'd also know how to get out of a fountain because it was a game I've played to level 53? Why would my husband need to get up and help me? Wouldn't I be continuously jumping and panning my mouse up using both my hands, while my husband runs figure 8's, and that would be enough to prove we are both there? What was she doing.. swimming suspiciously strait into the wall underwater making no attempt to get out..?

This whole thing actually makes me kinda sad. I really hope your wife didn't play or enjoy playing in the past, because if I were your wife and you irresponsibly got my shit nuked by sneakily breaking the rules to PL yourself while I was in the living room binge-watching Queens Gambit - I'd be extremely pissed.

Buy her a nice Christmas gift. I recommend wrapping it without a box.

Pretty sure if you were trapped in a fountain you’d charm a fish and fight your way out! 😆

Hope all is well Vowels! Miss you 😄

Tunabros
12-06-2020, 11:38 PM
im calling OP's story cap

Naonak
12-07-2020, 02:09 AM
It's a hard time of year. Or that part of the year has gone?

Did you use that in your petition?

Or did Furoar use up all that good will?

Donate more. Everything will be forgiven.

BarnabusCollins
12-07-2020, 02:10 AM
My wife was super nervous last night so I boned her.

Mead
12-07-2020, 04:37 AM
If there's ever a time you don't get up from the computer to help her it's this one. You do a /tell menden sorry mate, my broad is retarded, give her a second to figure this out. So you can just blame yourself if this story is legit, but we all know it isn't. I do hope we enjoy Pantheon though. I'm hoping to cash out on those 100 bucks I put down.

unleashedd
12-07-2020, 05:27 AM
pantheon isnt bitcoin, you aint getting shit back :D

charmcitysking
12-07-2020, 08:04 AM
wife has passed multiple boxing-check tests before but was super nervous this time for some reason

checks out

Goods
12-07-2020, 08:11 AM
"and reach over and heal and occasionally buff while I pull mobs."

"and went over to her keyboard to help her out."

:o
(X) Doubt

Zipity
12-07-2020, 08:56 AM
I remember when I didn’t have a lev cloak.

Bondrake
12-07-2020, 09:49 AM
"This time my wife was super nervous" that's bullshit.

Yeah why would his "wife" be "super nervous" about pressing some key strokes? Something seems fishy!!

BarnabusCollins
12-07-2020, 10:25 AM
He got banned for boxing. Hang on one second...

WAHAHAHAHA!

Wall O Lead
12-07-2020, 10:50 AM
Repent for your sins and very tactfully ask if your ban could potentially be on the NON-permanent side.

Fammaden
12-07-2020, 10:54 AM
This can't happen to me TOO because I'm not boxing.

Phaezed-Reality
12-07-2020, 11:49 AM
whenever i get box checked i just ask my mom to play the other for the check. She makes me keep the computer in the kitchen due to past issues So she's around alot.

Topgunben
12-07-2020, 12:32 PM
wife has passed multiple boxing-check tests before but was super nervous this time for some reason

checks out

Tunabros
12-07-2020, 12:44 PM

checks out

OuterChimp
12-07-2020, 02:44 PM
My wife thinks all of my "computer game" friends are super models irl.

/btw...you can play EQ on a tablet?

BiG SiP
12-07-2020, 02:50 PM
:p

cannobeers3
12-07-2020, 03:16 PM
Nothing like bringing the element of danger to an elf stimulator.

Tunabros
12-07-2020, 04:23 PM
OP boxed and said wife was scared

gets ban and tell everyone to practice laps to prevent it

thread over

Mblake81
12-07-2020, 04:40 PM
Nothing like bringing the element of danger to an elf stimulator.

Oh yeah, for sure. Nerf Pad Culture.

Comoc1
12-07-2020, 04:50 PM
My wife won’t play eq with my unfortunately.

She will give me head while I kill dragons. Thankfully that’s not a bannable offense otherwise I would have been gone long ago.

Couchgod
12-07-2020, 05:05 PM
My younger brother was in a surfing accident several years ago when he wiped out really bad, and was under water for nearly 10 minutes and repeatedly stung by jellyfish.

Since then, I've tried to live up to the motto from the greatest film of all time, New Jack City: I AM my brother's keeper.

He is still paralyzed from all the many jellyfish stings he suffered that day, but I take care of him, and I play his favorite game with him, Everquest.

Due to his paralysis, and the fact his hands are still swollen 10x normal size because of the sheer number of jellyfish stings he had suffered (this was a few years ago), he cannot control his character, but he communicates to me by winking the one eye that is not paralyzed -- "C-O-M-P-L-E-T-E _ H-E-A-L _ I-N-C" he'll blink at me in Morse code, and that is how I know I am supposed to have his char cast complete heal on me so I don't die.

After we kill a mob, he blinks Y-A-A-A-A-A-S-S-S at me, and let me tell you, I wouldn't trade that feeling for a million dollars.

So, GM's, this is what you have ruined. My brother woke up and winked at me this morning, "M-A-Y-B-E _ T-H-E-R-E _ I-S _ N-O _ G-O-D."

So, thanks gm's. Thanks.

Wall O Lead
12-07-2020, 05:11 PM
I like this CouchGod guy.

Kief
12-07-2020, 05:37 PM
My younger brother was in a surfing accident several years ago when he wiped out really bad, and was under water for nearly 10 minutes and repeatedly stung by jellyfish.

Since then, I've tried to live up to the motto from the greatest film of all time, New Jack City: I AM my brother's keeper.

He is still paralyzed from all the many jellyfish stings he suffered that day, but I take care of him, and I play his favorite game with him, Everquest.

Due to his paralysis, and the fact his hands are still swollen 10x normal size because of the sheer number of jellyfish stings he had suffered (this was a few years ago), he cannot control his character, but he communicates to me by winking the one eye that is not paralyzed -- "C-O-M-P-L-E-T-E _ H-E-A-L _ I-N-C" he'll blink at me in Morse code, and that is how I know I am supposed to have his char cast complete heal on me so I don't die.

After we kill a mob, he blinks Y-A-A-A-A-A-S-S-S at me, and let me tell you, I wouldn't trade that feeling for a million dollars.

So, GM's, this is what you have ruined. My brother woke up and winked at me this morning, "M-A-Y-B-E _ T-H-E-R-E _ I-S _ N-O _ G-O-D."

So, thanks gm's. Thanks.

LMAO

KEETH JAIGER GREATEST OF ALL TIME NEVER SUSPENDED OR BANNED ONCE!!!!
play better nerrrdddd!!! <3 to my bros who still play here!!!) <3

OuterChimp
12-07-2020, 05:38 PM
I like this CouchGod guy.

Ditto.

Evia
12-07-2020, 09:03 PM
The visuals i received from reading couchgods story were emmy worthy. Definitely a top post of the year.

Topgunben
12-07-2020, 10:19 PM
I know this thread had a familiar ring to it.

https://www.project1999.com/forums/showthread.php?t=325540&highlight=Wife

BiG SiP
12-07-2020, 10:47 PM
ah, oleris got promoted to elf janny
forgot about him :p

Bardp1999
12-08-2020, 06:13 AM

So, thanks gm's. Thanks.

Really appreciate you sharing friend, I am in a similar situation.

A couple of years ago my wife was strolling through the park when a rabid dog bit off all the fingers on her right hand. When she contracted rabies it caused her brain to swell and she lost most of her vision and now has permanent brain damage. Although the left-hand works, her reading comprehension is at an all-time low. Her only pleasure in life is casting complete heal.

Thanks to my good friend Kief I know that there can be life after love after all

shadowdinah
12-08-2020, 09:46 AM
Confirmed fake, from an anonymous source. Don’t two box get good

Evets
12-08-2020, 10:41 AM
Never got tested before... I guess my wife and I don't look like boxers

kjs86z
12-08-2020, 10:46 AM

Furoar best boxxer / raid trainer / donater on P99.

A pillar of excellence within the community no doubt.

Tunabros
12-08-2020, 12:58 PM
Furoar best boxxer / raid trainer / donater on P99.

A pillar of excellence within the community no doubt.

money really does solve everything

Kief
12-09-2020, 06:41 PM
Really appreciate you sharing friend, I am in a similar situation.

A couple of years ago my wife was strolling through the park when a rabid dog bit off all the fingers on her right hand. When she contracted rabies it caused her brain to swell and she lost most of her vision and now has permanent brain damage. Although the left-hand works, her reading comprehension is at an all-time low. Her only pleasure in life is casting complete heal.

Thanks to my good friend Kief I know that there can be life after love after all

lol you still butthurt over jai being at efreeti with falwen and i?

bro i really didnt box i was just playing. no reason to when i was usually pling groups full of people for free would make no sense man. anyway nice story bud. not as good as couchgods tho u kno.

Tunabros
12-09-2020, 07:52 PM

So, thanks gm's. Thanks.

lmao

kaluppo
12-09-2020, 11:16 PM
I call BS. Anyone who plays a 20 year old game does not have a wife. They left us all years ago. And for the record, sitting a blow up doll next to a computer does not count as a wife or a second player.

Just sayin ;)

Swish
12-09-2020, 11:18 PM
And for the record, sitting a blow up doll next to a computer does not count as a wife or a second player.

What about pets? My cat likes trading.

Tunabros
12-09-2020, 11:34 PM
What about pets? My cat likes trading.

ban all EC fat cats

kuuky
12-09-2020, 11:47 PM

So, thanks gm's. Thanks.

Hot damn did this make me laugh. To the Op sorry you got banned you may have been legit but damn this shit is funny.

Tunabros
12-09-2020, 11:53 PM
Remember kids, boxing is a bannable offense!

*except if you're in a whitelisted guild, donate a lot, or are a bald twitch streamer

Tuljin
12-09-2020, 11:55 PM
Thread Title - Dumb and Dumber To

Fallan11
12-10-2020, 10:34 AM
Only allowed to box if you are GL of Freedom. sry bud

Sheriff_Cockroach
12-10-2020, 11:19 AM
Boxers are like stoners, they think no one notices, but its super obvious to everyone else.

magnetaress
12-10-2020, 11:58 AM
This is why Eugenics shouldn't have been abandoned.

Ruhtar
12-10-2020, 01:04 PM

So, thanks gm's. Thanks.

Your brother is truly an inspiration to us all.

10/10 would read again.

Goods
12-10-2020, 02:04 PM

So, thanks gm's. Thanks.

Your brother is a living legend...

Jibartik
12-10-2020, 02:21 PM
We made it so dogs have flat faces.

And we made it so humans think air is a conspiracy.

ha!

Vheran
12-10-2020, 04:24 PM
I used to box pizzas. Sorry you came to RnF and sorry you weren't in lavastorm where she would have fallen in the lava and just died

Montyzuma
12-10-2020, 05:13 PM
Your wife tips the scales,has a mutilated face and a small penis. Get fucked boxer boy!

kuuky
12-11-2020, 01:25 PM

I just reread this and holy crap this part gets me every time. F-ing hysterical.