PDA

View Full Version : Is <TSS> Gone?

HitsmeCleric
12-03-2020, 08:27 PM
I've seen an awful lot of former <TSS> players going to <Riot> lately, did TSS fold/fracture?

Ripqozko
12-03-2020, 08:57 PM
I've seen an awful lot of former <TSS> players going to <Riot> lately, did TSS fold/fracture?

Nah just ambition changing on some folks, people goals change so they move on. Pretty normal.

kaizersoze
12-03-2020, 09:07 PM
Should also be on the lookout for Freedom or AG dissolving with them merging.

bodenn
12-03-2020, 09:34 PM
Nope TSS is still alive and kicking. Some did leave but that happens every now and then with the way we are set up.

Nuggie
12-04-2020, 01:41 AM
Based on watching the behavior of MMO gamers the last 20 years I would bet the people you have seen move on were using TSS as a stepping stone on their way to greatness. It happens. Not everyone is content with claiming whatever slice of the pie TSS was getting. People want to experience all the content the game has to provide at some point. If their current guild can't provide that then they move on(up) the food chain.

-TK-
12-04-2020, 12:49 PM
Unsurprisingly, there's been a shift after the raid ban where TSS was much more engaged in getting high end targets they don't normally get to see. I bet quite a few people got bit by the loot bug after seeing the high end drops and decided to move on. A small group left to form Axiom and others seemed to move mostly to Riot. TSS still does their weekly HoT, Kael, and Sky nights with good numbers as well as mix in epics activities. I saw 10-12 TSS members leveling in the Hole the other night so they are still around.

Ripqozko
12-04-2020, 12:50 PM
Unsurprisingly, there's been a shift after the raid ban where TSS was much more engaged in getting high end targets they don't normally get to see. I bet quite a few people got bit by the loot bug after seeing the high end drops and decided to move on. A small group left to form Axiom and others seemed to move mostly to Riot. TSS still does their weekly HoT, Kael, and Sky nights with good numbers as well as mix in epics activities. I saw 10-12 TSS members leveling in the Hole the other night so they are still around.

Yea you know what ya get with tss , folks will always move on. Axiom seems to be split off so that they can have dkp (which is good ) instead of randoms.

Tunabros
12-04-2020, 12:55 PM
They are very much active

xdrcfrx
12-04-2020, 01:29 PM
Yea you know what ya get with tss , folks will always move on. Axiom seems to be split off so that they can have dkp (which is good ) instead of randoms.

yeah, straight /ran for everything is tough I think. Hard to keep people invested if they don't have some control over if/when they can get some loot. Long as it's run fairly, DKP is a better system which distributes loot more fairly imo.

Danth
12-04-2020, 03:21 PM
yeah, straight /ran for everything is tough I think. Hard to keep people invested if they don't have some control over if/when they can get some loot. Long as it's run fairly, DKP is a better system which distributes loot more fairly imo.

Meh, P99 already has a bunch of those types of guilds thaand they're pretty much exactly the same as each other except for name. Doesn't need more. If a guild wants to pay me currency it's welcome to pay me dollars. I won't accept worthless company scrip. As such I won't join or remain in a DKP guild on general principle. I'll take /random in preference to a Gilded Age-style company town every time. I didn't realize TSS used straight /random. That makes me like them. Should my present guild ever happen to fold maybe I'll have to say "hi" to 'em.

Member churn outside of a stable core is reality for most any guild on P1999. At the lower- and middle-tiers you lose folks as they develop the pixel sixkness and decide to join the top guilds. At the top you have the usual burnout meat grinder that ultimately drives a lot of players off P1999 so they're always looking for new recruits.

Danth

-TK-
12-04-2020, 03:31 PM
Both systems are 'fair', really. I don't see anything wrong with the idea that if you show up to help with a kill you get a shot at loot if you go in knowing how the system is setup. They even reward level 55+ (/rand 100/1000) and 60's (/rand 200/1000) with roll bonuses to help encourage people to keep leveling. They reward trackers with bonuses as well for going the extra mile to help out, and have people choose 2-3 pieces of HoT loot that they want to prioritize and roll on each week so not everyone is rolling on everything. It's a great system for casual and not-quite-hardcore players that can't commit to bat phones or the RA requirements of some other guilds. The leader being a family man himself, I'm not surprised the system appealed to him as he knows there's people out there that would like to occasionally get some good loot while still maintaining a demanding family or work life. You also have to remember it wasn't a system designed for consistently getting the most end game loot as that's not TSS's primary goal. What we witnessed during the raid ban was a unique situation for TSS, and I'm certain that some people weren't happy with the system, but it was only a temporary thing for TSS to be getting shots at those mobs and they tried to stay in line with what the guild already had established for loot policy.

If you want a system that rewards you strictly for the amount of accumulated time you put in then DKP is a better option hands down. It also allows you to pick and choose what you consider priority loot and work towards it in a more straight-forward fashion; save your points. Naturally, both systems have their perceived flaws. I'm sure that main 60 WAR that just lost a DKP bid to someone's 50 WAR alt feels a similar way as a 60 in TSS's losing a bonused /random to a 52 - TSS has level requirements for most loot, but they are generous. In the end both systems are meant to reward people for showing up, but in different ways.

This is obviously a general overview and doesn't take into account every situation. The systems are really apples and oranges, but it's great that the server provides a situation where you get to decide for yourself which one works better for your current situation and you're not locked into just one.

xdrcfrx
12-04-2020, 04:55 PM
I wasn't really criticizing /ran all that much. My dice are typically bad, so I like the ability to be able to bank some DKP and then spend it at a time of my choosing. But I don't mind randoming for stuff, either. TSS's system works for them, so that's great! they're a good bunch of folks, I enjoyed working with them during the raid ban (I did before, and still do after also!)

Wokka
12-04-2020, 05:31 PM
TSS's main problem is its leader, Khaall. Many people have problems with the way he runs the guild, he is very controlling and often absent, having little idea of what is going on day to day at times. People have always come and gone there, but when 5-6 of your senior officers leave and a lot of the members, something is really not right. More to it then just 'people moving on, it's normal, nothing to see here'.

-TK-
12-04-2020, 06:55 PM
TSS's main problem is its leader, Khaall. Many people have problems with the way he runs the guild, he is very controlling and often absent, having little idea of what is going on day to day at times. People have always come and gone there, but when 5-6 of your senior officers leave and a lot of the members, something is really not right. More to it then just 'people moving on, it's normal, nothing to see here'.

I can't speak as to his leadership style, but all the former TSS folks I spoke to cited wanting to get bigger stuff/loot, or that they didn't like that level 52+ were allowed to roll on certain higher end items. I was told the Axiom folks left for a similar reason to what you described, but I have no first hand knowledge of that nor have I spoken with any of them or care to investigate further. No guild is free from the grips of strong opinions and guild drama, I suppose, and I'm sure others will step up to fill any void considering their size. From what I know they still have at least 6-7 officers. That aside, the correct response to the OP is that TSS is not gone, and they are still fielding the numbers needed to do what they've been doing as far as I can tell.

Khaall Drogo
12-04-2020, 07:23 PM
TSS aint going anywhere :) People move on. People want different loot systems. We have nothing but good luck and hopes for Axiom and our friend there in the future. I have had a baby recently, and also some personal things over the last few weeks so i havent been able to invest as much time to my online friends as id like. If you guys think TSS will be the only guild with splinter guild arising with the only requirement being to Kill Vindi to join in on future server drafts your kidding your selves.

Of course TSS loot system isnt based around clearing ToV uncontested for weeks on end in a few month period. I was personally leading not all, but almost every raid that TSS did both during the suspensions and, and almost constantly for the 4 years before.

I am principally stubborn, as I want to keep my ideals on the guilds core value more in the foreground than completely changing a years old system to accommodate a few weeks of suspensions out of the year. I started the guild with an atmosphere in mind, and it was about having fun.

When it came to new things like City leader heads and things like that, we had a guild wide vote on the policies that were liked and went with those. Sounds odd for a "controlling and absent" leader to allow every member of the guild to give input and vote on new loot policies.

Yes our loot system is a lot less requirements, and attendance tracking over a long time and more about rewarding those who are there at the moment for that raid. It is no where near a full on /random to everyone, with many opportunities to increase your chance at winning certain items your after.

You can get all the way up 750 out 1000 modifier, and only roll against people who are are as progressed as you on epic/quest items. You can get bonus based on your level, tracking, and even being part of FTE on successful kills. Every system has its up's and down's in many different ways.

There are several other variants of DKP guilds that all follow the same basic set up. We will continue to make changes and improvements to the system we have but its values of fun, friendship and progressing on whatever goal is ahead of us will always be first.

TSS has ebbed and flowed with the server for close to four years, we have had our mistakes, our drama, our growing pains. Mostly we have had a lot of fun along the way. I dont expect to make everyone happy forever, however Khaall and <The Second Sons> arent going anywhere, anytime soon.

Maschenny
12-04-2020, 08:16 PM
Was nice that Riot was willing to take you along for their Vulak kill. And is now even willing to take care of some of your members.

Nitholias01
12-04-2020, 08:54 PM
You're right! It was nice and thats what we need more on this server, unity and a focus on friendship

k9quaint
12-04-2020, 09:00 PM
Khal Drogo having a child that survives is not GoT canon.
This is probably not the real Khal Drogo.
Just sayin.

Wokka
12-06-2020, 09:57 PM
Khaall was always good at spinning his rhetoric, and making it out like he was the good guy. Most of the people on the server know what you are like Khaall. Those that don't will find out soon enough. One thing is for certain, your guild will never progress with you in charge.

Cassawary
12-06-2020, 10:08 PM
I'll take famous rapists for 100, Ken

Nuggie
12-06-2020, 11:22 PM
Khaall was always good at spinning his rhetoric, and making it out like he was the good guy. Most of the people on the server know what you are like Khaall. Those that don't will find out soon enough. One thing is for certain, your guild will never progress with you in charge.

That's probably not a bad thing. People that end up at the top are usually foaming at the mouth for pixels and willing to step on their "friends" to meet their desires. Good on him to sticking to his values.

voydent
12-07-2020, 05:13 AM
i dont get the flames / complaint on khaall. During my time in TSS khaall has always been fair, always helpful to his guildmates, and nothing but exemplary in leading raids and dealing with other guilds.

he was the one behind the fear golem race idea, and it had opened the door for smaller guilds to have fun and get a small piece of raid mobs.

i'm honestly curious why some people are negative on him.

baakss
12-07-2020, 06:21 AM

The majority of your post history is you obsessing over the leader of a casual raid guild.

Seek help.

Stryker85
12-07-2020, 10:47 AM

Show us on the doll where he touched you... Clearly he must have done something heinous for you to be so obsessed with him. Oh wait, so you mean he's just a guild leader on a 20 year old elf sim, who didn't facilitate you getting loot fast enough for your liking, got it.

Take a step back, and tone down the immersion dude. Try going outside.

Danth
12-07-2020, 01:02 PM
Saying that guild will never progress when it doesn't particularly want to progress seems like a compliment to me. Only a person who has contracted a severe case of the pixel sickness would see a guild sticking to its purpose as some sort of insult. After 11+ years here it has grown old watching guilds develop pixel fever, turn raid-obsessed, then flame out as their core joins whoever is on top at the time. It's a common story on P1999 and it's nice to see a few which stick to their purpose.

I don't know anything about Khaall other than he apparently uses a name from Game of Thrones? Never watched that television show, either, but some folks just stink at coming up with names. He said his family has had a child recently. If it's a first child, here's my own observation: The first 6 months stink, the first couple years aren't great, but after that point it gets better and better. My own daughter's 8 years old and has turned into a delightful little gal and an appreciated member of the household. The pixel addicts might not understand but it's well worth losing some EQ time over, and certainly more important than a video game guild.

Danth