PDA

View Full Version : Player above server rules?

Pages : [1] 2

hookthem
11-27-2020, 02:45 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xs-qfCUTzx8&ab_channel=LiiaEQ

This is BLATENT evidence of 2-boxing by Furoar. The GMs caught Furoar, the guild leader of Freedom, doing this. They caught him logged in to "Loststalker" training another guild... and you can see in this video that he shouts on Furoar "AG have their #'s?" ... while he is busy training mobs on the <Riot> bot account Loststalker.

We can all agree that this happened. This is irrefutable evidence that Furoar 2-boxed. There is literally no way to dispute the fact that he 2-boxed.

The question is - we all know people that were permanently banned for 2-boxing. Why doesn't the same rule apply to Fuorar? Are his accounts above the p99 ruleset?

Vynsticus
11-27-2020, 04:31 AM
Go back to killing orcs in EC and don't worry about it.

saftbudet
11-27-2020, 05:15 AM

This is BLATENT evidence of 2-boxing by Furoar. The GMs caught Furoar, the guild leader of Freedom, doing this. They caught him logged in to "Loststalker" training another guild... and you can see in this video that he shouts on Furoar "AG have their #'s?" ... while he is busy training mobs on the <Riot> bot account Loststalker.

We can all agree that this happened. This is irrefutable evidence that Furoar 2-boxed. There is literally no way to dispute the fact that he 2-boxed.

The question is - we all know people that were permanently banned for 2-boxing. Why doesn't the same rule apply to Fuorar? Are his accounts above the p99 ruleset?

Can add, lie to GM to the list also.

cannobeers3
11-27-2020, 05:22 AM
I can’t think of any other prominent EQ players to copy names from with an additional letter. Impressive.

Jimjam
11-27-2020, 05:32 AM
Disciplinary for training now. Disciplinary for boxing when that ends?

elwing
11-27-2020, 06:19 AM
Speaking of player about rules, when will riot respond to the train they did on doze? Because the "good" guys never conceding anything but calling for concession is only fun for a while...

saftbudet
11-27-2020, 08:00 AM
Disciplinary for training now. Disciplinary for boxing when that ends?

Perhaps, its very silent, the case about the boxing has not been mentioned at all from GMs yet. Perhaps they are still looking into it.

voydent
11-27-2020, 09:46 AM
I know people who got perma banned from 2 boxing toons in ec tunnel for item transfers. They got banned because, well, it’s server rules. Black and white.

So im keen to see how things develop from here...

- 2 boxing (although to be fair this is still yet to be proven, another person could have been playing his toon during the loststalker train. as unlikely as it was, it is still possible)
- intentional training (in previous occurences in Blue, people have definitely gotten perma banned for it)
- blatant denial and lying , causing hours of additional work for staff
- “illegally” using bots belonging to another guild

Ripqozko
11-27-2020, 09:48 AM
Its a very hard time of year, hope that helps.

Figgus
11-27-2020, 10:38 AM
Its a very hard time of year, hope that helps.

Staff do not want to deal with the repercussions of killing a character in game over this while on your US holiday thing. Chances are high that issues may arise out of the game also if this happens. Ohh to be so immersed.

hookthem
11-27-2020, 11:03 AM
- 2 boxing (although to be fair this is still yet to be proven, another person could have been playing his toon during the loststalker train. as unlikely as it was, it is still possible)

This would implicate more players in the incident, which Fuorars and the GMs deny.

Goods
11-27-2020, 11:15 AM
That poor innocent Gnome...

Dogma
11-27-2020, 12:28 PM
https://i.imgur.com/oALYiee.png

Hrothgar
11-27-2020, 12:33 PM
Sorry you didn’t get a hard enough time of year loot.

getsome
11-27-2020, 02:20 PM
Did the GMs administer a boxing test?

I see zero proof of two boxing in your post.

feniin
11-27-2020, 03:07 PM
Did the GMs administer a boxing test?

I see zero proof of two boxing in your post.

Furoar was on his monk and Loststalker at the same time if he was acting alone, as indicated by the GMs.

Ripqozko
11-27-2020, 03:07 PM
Furoar was on his monk and Loststalker at the same time if he was acting alone, as indicated by the GMs.

It’s fine, it’s a very hard time of year .

feniin
11-27-2020, 03:11 PM
It’s fine, it’s a very hard time of year .

So true. We saw what sort of devastation this did to A/A in 2017.

getsome
11-27-2020, 03:37 PM
The OP has a bad history of posting lies on these forums.

https://www.project1999.com/forums/showthread.php?p=2323096#post2323096

I have video for EVERYTHING.

Please send some hate over to Aridale.

plz confirm, are you complaining that someone took the AC camp from you when you were not even in the zone, the PH was up, and they cleared the PH?

worst attempted flame thread ever

I'd appreciate it if this thread is closed. I'm sorry

No one has presented any evidence to support his claims.

Do you believe everything you read?

https://i.imgur.com/fjudQVn.jpg

feniin
11-27-2020, 03:40 PM

hobart
11-27-2020, 04:05 PM
Maybe by "alone", they just meant lonely. Hard time of year for some people, etc.

Boptop
11-27-2020, 04:10 PM
That poor innocent Gnome...

It's always a gnome.

Grox
11-27-2020, 04:12 PM
Where did he get the DA idol from for the second train??

Zutizutzut
11-27-2020, 04:23 PM
No proof of 2-boxing although 2nd character was Furoars. People claim to have seen the second character moving mobs for Loststalker. IF that is true, then either 1) two boxing occurred or 2) someone else was assisting with the training. The GM's can easily ascertain if 2 boxing happened if the care to check but may consider the matter settled at this point. Not sure they have any way of discovering if 2nd character was assisting the training unless someone provides video/snapshots.

Gobble Gobble.

Evia
11-27-2020, 04:30 PM
But guys its a hard time of year remember? So how about we just forget the rules.

Ripqozko
11-27-2020, 04:36 PM
But guys its a hard time of year remember? So how about we just forget the rules.

Nuggie
11-27-2020, 04:37 PM
A point to be considered: Staff generally does not comment on player discipline. I think they broke from preferred methods this time given the number of people/accounts involved. If he did get banned for boxxing "we" (the uninvolved masses) wouldn't hear of it through them, but through the grapevine.

That being said, good sluthing gumshoe.

Swish
11-27-2020, 04:55 PM
https://i.imgur.com/BnMurmX.jpg

BiG SiP
11-27-2020, 05:22 PM
swish thought hard about the cringe meme

Tunabros
11-27-2020, 05:27 PM
it all went downhill when Freedom became a thing

supercalif
11-27-2020, 05:39 PM
Speaking of player about rules, when will riot respond to the train they did on doze? Because the "good" guys never conceding anything but calling for concession is only fun for a while...

Nuggie
11-27-2020, 07:37 PM
it all went downhill when Freedom became a thing

Explain this to me like I haven't logged into Blue99 in any meaningful way in 3 years, please: what is the difference between AM and Freedom?

kjs86z
11-27-2020, 07:40 PM
Turns out if you donate enough cash to P99 the rules no longer apply.

Baler
11-27-2020, 07:46 PM
Should anyone catch someone breaking the rules, record them with OBS and DONT make a public thread about it. Submit a forum petition with logs, screenshots and video. Explain how they're breaking a rule(s).

The staff don't play favorites and don't ignore proof.

Ripqozko
11-27-2020, 07:57 PM
Should anyone catch someone breaking the rules, record them with OBS and DONT make a public thread about it. Submit a forum petition with logs, screenshots and video. Explain how they're breaking a rule(s).

Unless you have red lobster gift cards

Mikebro
11-27-2020, 08:40 PM
Unless you have red lobster gift cards

Man dem biscuits!

Swish
11-27-2020, 10:14 PM

Sounds like staff bashing to me.

Trexller
11-27-2020, 10:28 PM

This is true of everything that human beings can control.

You saw the 2020 general election right?

kasterol
11-27-2020, 10:39 PM
how pathetic...dude 2 boxes an logs in another bot to train ....gets suspended...guild bots suspended...but got the ok to raid on other toons? rofl so what was the point to even suspend his original characters?

SantagarBrax
11-27-2020, 11:09 PM

Baler, you honestly can't say this anymore. Actions speak louder than words. In regards to "DONT make a public thread about it", what other recourse is there when the violations are so egregious by the offender, a Guild Leader at that, and the punishment is so lax, then rolled back to "take a short break" status?

Honestly, what is one supposed to do? This is an affront to this entire server and all of the players and staff, including poppa Rogean and Nilbog.

It's a damn travesty is what it is.

Akg49
11-27-2020, 11:09 PM
This server has no rules anymore. Abandon ship.

Fabby
11-27-2020, 11:40 PM
^

feniin
11-27-2020, 11:51 PM
shit's pretty good on TAKP right now. :smuggo:

Ripqozko
11-27-2020, 11:55 PM
shit's pretty good on TAKP right now. :smuggo:

its always good until someones mom wants to change your guild name.

Baler
11-28-2020, 12:07 AM
its always good until someones mom wants to change your guild name.
I've always clashed with staff on games who were mothers and tried to punish me like one of their kids. It's to the point where if I feel this is happening I request another staff member. But that other staff member usually backs up the mom figure and I get punished like I was their kid anyways. VERY unprofessional.
ps. If you're speaking about someone specific, I am not.

Baler, you honestly can't say this anymore. Actions speak louder than words. In regards to "DONT make a public thread about it", what other recourse is there when the violations are so egregious by the offender, a Guild Leader at that, and the punishment is so lax, then rolled back to "take a short break" status?

Honestly, what is one supposed to do? This is an affront to this entire server and all of the players and staff, including poppa Rogean and Nilbog.

It's a damn travesty is what it is.
You're out of your element. I was fortunate enough to be quietly given inside info during a span of time on guild leaders and how staff communicate with them.

I'll say it again because it's true.

Here is my real advice for EVERYONE on p99. If you want to deal with someone, a group of people or an entire guild. Build a case against them. Don't go crying to staff the second you see them break a rule. Get video to backup your claims of each and every incident. If you don't read this and respond that I'm wrong, you're shooting yourself in the foot.

kaizersoze
11-28-2020, 12:08 AM
Explain this to me like I haven't logged into Blue99 in any meaningful way in 3 years, please: what is the difference between AM and Freedom?

Freedom teams with AG for everything and shares with those they deemed as inferior previously. Seems to be about it.

Ripqozko
11-28-2020, 12:30 AM
I've always clashed with staff on games who were mothers and tried to punish me like one of their kids. It's to the point where if I feel this is happening I request another staff member. But that other staff member usually backs up the mom figure and I get punished like I was their kid anyways. VERY unprofessional.

You're out of your element. I was fortunate enough to be quietly given inside info during a span of time on guild leaders and how staff communicate with them.

Here is my real advice for EVERYONE on p99. If you want to deal with someone, a group of people or an entire guild. Build a case against them. Don't go crying to staff the second you see them break a rule. Get video to backup your claims of each and every incident. If you don't read this and respond that I'm wrong, you're shooting yourself in the foot.

I was speaking on something specific, the AG name change.

punkbythebook12
11-28-2020, 12:39 AM
and out come the keyboard warriors :)

Rang
11-28-2020, 12:49 AM
I can’t imagine being a gm on this server trying to babysit seriously mentally ill man children. They should just scrap all rules and let these troglodytes kill each other off via suicides and probably irl stalking / murder that I’m sure would be resorted to due the extremely high level of dependency and immersion in this emulated server of a 20+ year old elf fantasy game. Really sad

Baler
11-28-2020, 12:50 AM
I was speaking on something specific, the AG name change.
I recall what you're talking about, I had forgotten about that.

and out come the keyboard warriors :)
Thanks for contributing absolute nothing to this thread. :p

SantagarBrax
11-28-2020, 01:08 AM

@Baler

This evidence was already submitted. The evidence (part of it) has already been reviewed, and judgement was already reached and the sentence given, then retracted for a lesser punishment.

This situation reminds me of the teenager in Dallas, TX, that ran over a group of people while drinking and driving, killed several people, and granted leniency due to his "affluent" status.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eCHcQfZpi60

Communication between staff and guild leaders has nothing to do with what's going on here and is irrelevant. The fact that the perpetrator is still a Guild Leader speaks volumes alone. Any other player on this server would be perma banned for the same infractions and many have been perma banned for less.

We're not talking about hypotheticals here, we're talking about a specific scenario and an established pattern of behavior, reinforced by further lying when questioned about it. Hell, I personally think that anyone that would stoop to these depths shouldn't be playing this game for their own personal health if nothing else.

I guess I don't understand why exactly you're referencing protocols to follow and hypothetical situations that have nothing to do with this specific situation.

Rang
11-28-2020, 01:17 AM
How do you know someone else wasn’t on this guys main? What definitive proof do you have he was 2 boxing other than an ooc? Are you a gm or server dev with access to the type of data they do? Why don’t you try getting off the gms nuts and go outside? I sincerely hope the gms abandon you all.

Baler
11-28-2020, 01:24 AM
@SantagarBrax you* went crying to the staff within moments of it happening.
You shot yourself in the foot for not reading what I said.

*by you I mean whom ever petitioned the person in question.

Build
A
Case
On
Person(s)
Then
Submit
The
Case
Of
Multiple
Issues
With
Persons
To
Staff.

Swish
11-28-2020, 01:49 AM
Has anyone tried petitioning the petition?

SantagarBrax
11-28-2020, 01:54 AM
@Baler

I respect you Baler, so let's not start trash talking. No one is crying. What you're reading is a Protest, due to no other recourse, by the population of this server that plays by the rules and doesn't resort to the most devious, diabolical, and egregious methods in an attempt to screw over other people, and in a position of authority at that.

Do you understand the perceptions of impropriety that this situation has caused? Do you understand the total lack of faith in the current Staff by the people on this server? That's not fair to them either. Do you realize how devastating it is and the potential consequences of such a decision? How in the hell are Guilds ever supposed to have faith in any type of discussion with this perpetrator and their Guild? How can things ever improve?

Meanwhile, 11 accounts of <Riot> are still suspended and the perpetrator is allowed to continue playing at this very moment? Do you understand what message that sends to the people on this server?

Again, this is a specific scenario and not some hypothetical that we're referring too. The case has already been submitted, evidence recorded, evidence verified (except whether 2 boxxing or working with others), and judgement rendered, then re-rendered. We're not talking about future incidents, we're talking about THIS incident. What you're saying has no relevance towards this discussion.

Baler
11-28-2020, 02:01 AM
You don't respect me otherwise you'd take the golden ticket I keep shoving your face. The gold ticket that tells you how to eliminate anyone on p99.

Kaitainz
11-28-2020, 02:43 AM
You don't respect me otherwise you'd take the golden ticket I keep shoving your face. The gold ticket that tells you how to eliminate anyone on p99.

Maybe you are not understanding, it’s already been done and the punishment doesn’t fit the repeated crimes. Do you get it yet? What you said has been done, and this lenient bullshit that no one else would have gotten away with was pretty much let go. The GM’s said he acted alone, meaning Furoars must have been on Lostalker and Furoars at the same time since he acted alone and was not only given an idol to get passed jobs, but the pathway was cleared as well. So, if he acted alone, he had to have been 2 boxing. Which, alone from my understanding, is a 1 month vacation by itself.

So, again, what you suggested has been done and when justice wasn’t rendered, the plea s took to the streets and revolted.

Smackahoe
11-28-2020, 02:45 AM
Working alone means he trained alone, it doesn't mean no one else was on his account at the time, just means he trained, by himself, with no involvement from other people, thats my understanding

Kaitainz
11-28-2020, 02:49 AM
Working alone means he trained alone, it doesn't mean no one else was on his account at the time, just means he trained, by himself, with no involvement from other people, thats my understanding

Go watch some of the videos. Furoars the monk trained mobs away so Lostalker could make it thru.

Baler
11-28-2020, 03:20 AM
https://i.imgur.com/EYgfS0w.jpg

INB4 another similar thread in less than a year.

saftbudet
11-28-2020, 04:40 AM
Is the untouchable one still not banned, while AG Riot and Freedom bots he used still are suspended?

Why are AG and Riot punished for Furoars train + boxing.

voydent
11-28-2020, 05:19 AM
This is where we stand at the moment (cmiiw)

- Furoar is still allowed to play using other people’s toons
- in fact, that toon won FR/AG statue FTE yesterday (lol)
- meanwhile 11 riot toons are suspended

It is so weird

voydent
11-28-2020, 05:21 AM
Riot is in a weaker position to contest mobs this cycle because of the 11 suspended accounts lol. That train actually paid off (even if only temporarily)

Ravager
11-28-2020, 08:18 AM
Should be a permaban. Given Menden's own post in Blue Raid Discussion as well as the server rules, it's baffling how Furoar still has an account.

As for the other banned shared accounts of Riot's, well, that's kinda the price of shared accounts, isn't it? From the Server Guidebook: "You are responsible for the people you let onto your account. Disciplinary action may be enacted upon your account even if you yourself were not responsible for any rule breaking. Do not share account info if you are not ready to deal with the consequences of someone else's actions."

It is unfair, and IMO, Riot should have those accounts unbanned, however, it is quite a lot to ask a volunteer to go through the trouble of discerning who owns which accounts and whether they're culpable or not when it's clearly stated up front the risks of account sharing.

There's my two cents that nobody asked for. Spend them as you please.

Brocode
11-28-2020, 08:26 AM
Sorry you didnt get to be a Judge, go play X FACTOR or American Idol so you can judge some.

YOUR OPINION is that, just YOUR OPINION, remember, the law is written.

just because you assume facts, doesnt mean their are right, but your free to believe therefore FREEDOM!!!!

Brocode
11-28-2020, 08:31 AM
Riot is in a weaker position to contest mobs this cycle because of the 11 suspended accounts lol. That train actually paid off (even if only temporarily)

poor riot still were able to login 110 yesterday for aary, i guess they are so weak

Screapy
11-28-2020, 08:37 AM
double post confirmed mad - grats on 5hr Essedera raid!

Who won the pop roll for the Glowing Drake Orb? :D

voydent
11-28-2020, 09:21 AM
poor riot still were able to login 110 yesterday for aary, i guess they are so weak

Yeah. Could have been 121. Lol

wagorf
11-28-2020, 09:31 AM
nah OP, Furor probably made your mom log in the other toon for him

seriously, dun worry about it and spend more time with your mom, she is obviously sad and lonely

Mikebro
11-28-2020, 10:16 AM
nah OP, Furor probably made your mom log in the other toon for him

seriously, dun worry about it and spend more time with your mom, she is obviously sad and lonely

Double mom comment... big mad

saftbudet
11-28-2020, 10:30 AM
Still waiting for a clarification / verdict from Gms regarding the new facts about Furoar was also boxing when training.

Are you gonna ban Furoar, or is it ok train other raidguilds + box when do it?

Kohedron
11-28-2020, 10:54 AM
Well yeah, pretty clear you can just be bald and stream yourself breaking rules willy nilly and it doesn't matter to anyone

Big yikes

Pint
11-28-2020, 11:20 AM
Verdicts on 99 are weighted by time investment and age of account in my experience. Y'all need to read the rules, boxing isn't listed as some kind of perma ban. Guy just deserves a decent suspension for being a dummy

Goodest
11-28-2020, 12:02 PM
https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/574037688580177930/782194957372489738/furbawz.PNG

Endonde
11-28-2020, 12:02 PM
Yea I don't think he deserves a perma ban, I do find it odd that staff and the members of his guild seem ok with Furoar continuing to be a guild leader after what he did.

It seems like the suspension we just had for guilds being toxic didn't really do much.

Ripqozko
11-28-2020, 12:03 PM
It’s very hard time of year. It’s fine.

Arvan
11-28-2020, 12:17 PM
"It seems like the suspension we just had for guilds being toxic didn't really do much."

Octopath
11-28-2020, 12:28 PM
That train was yuge

Nuggie
11-28-2020, 12:45 PM
Still waiting for a clarification / verdict from Gms regarding the new facts about Furoar was also boxing when training.

Are you gonna ban Furoar, or is it ok train other raidguilds + box when do it?

Don't log in while you wait. Go do something else that satisfies you in some way.

Droxx
11-28-2020, 01:23 PM
Wait so there was a second shooter? Or Lee Harvey Oswald Furoar was acting alone and boxing for the train?

This is all very confusing. Can someone draw maps of the grassy knoll ToV ring?

Mikebro
11-28-2020, 01:58 PM
Wait so there was a second shooter? Or Lee Harvey Oswald Furoar was acting alone and boxing for the train?

This is all very confusing. Can someone draw maps of the grassy knoll ToV ring?

The fact that nobody else was mentioned or suspended would make it seem as if he was boxing... I highly doubt somoene from Freedom would jsut willingly hand a Riot bot a DA idol without asking questions

charmcitysking
11-28-2020, 03:47 PM
There was a second spitter!

Jimjam
11-28-2020, 03:56 PM
Krassy Gnoll!

Terrok
11-28-2020, 04:03 PM
I can’t imagine being a gm on this server trying to babysit seriously mentally ill man children. They should just scrap all rules and let these troglodytes kill each other off via suicides and probably irl stalking / murder that I’m sure would be resorted to due the extremely high level of dependency and immersion in this emulated server of a 20+ year old elf fantasy game. Really sad

and more sad to take time out of your perfect life to post about it.

Terrok
11-28-2020, 04:09 PM

But the GM's did their own homework and found him guilty and still let him off, so please explain this more.

kjs86z
11-28-2020, 04:13 PM
But the GM's did their own homework and found him guilty and still let him off, so please explain this more.

Its quite simple. Furoar has donated more money than you can imagine to P99.

Hes above the rules / invincible.

This is a massive "fuck you" to the entire community.

Gwaihir
11-28-2020, 04:50 PM
@Baler

I respect you Baler, so let's not start trash talking. No one is crying. What you're reading is a Protest, due to no other recourse, by the population of this server that plays by the rules and doesn't resort to the most devious, diabolical, and egregious methods in an attempt to screw over other people, and in a position of authority at that.

Do you understand the perceptions of impropriety that this situation has caused? Do you understand the total lack of faith in the current Staff by the people on this server? That's not fair to them either. Do you realize how devastating it is and the potential consequences of such a decision? How in the hell are Guilds ever supposed to have faith in any type of discussion with this perpetrator and their Guild? How can things ever improve?

Meanwhile, 11 accounts of <Riot> are still suspended and the perpetrator is allowed to continue playing at this very moment? Do you understand what message that sends to the people on this server?

Again, this is a specific scenario and not some hypothetical that we're referring too. The case has already been submitted, evidence recorded, evidence verified (except whether 2 boxxing or working with others), and judgement rendered, then re-rendered. We're not talking about future incidents, we're talking about THIS incident. What you're saying has no relevance towards this discussion.

Devious
Diabolical
Demented
Deranged
Disturbed

These are the 5 D's of Everquest

If you can dodge a wench
You can dodge a bench

Lostfaction
11-28-2020, 05:19 PM

Pass me one of them tinfoil hats

Ravager
11-28-2020, 05:26 PM
Pass me one of them tinfoil hats
The Tinfoil Hat is meant to keep others from reading your mind and controlling your thoughts. It would not do you any good for any other conspiracy.

regandna
11-28-2020, 06:57 PM
This server has no rules anymore. Abandon ship.

Once Pantheon comes out, this ship will be toast. Until then, donate money and avoid repercussions!

Zipity
11-28-2020, 09:17 PM
Wait money can get you out of trouble?

Tunabros
11-28-2020, 09:50 PM

money really does fix everything

sydbarrett25
11-29-2020, 01:59 AM
There was a second spitter!

Viscere
11-29-2020, 02:54 AM
I start thinking it was worth it to have Furoar pull a Riptoes

Cause Im not gonna lie, the QQ itt is quite impressive

Solist
11-29-2020, 04:59 AM

Lol

Classic mad.

feniin
11-29-2020, 11:29 AM
Gotta love a guild that gets behind a player who deliberately breaks the rules.

Ripqozko
11-29-2020, 12:33 PM
Gotta love a guild that gets behind a player who deliberately breaks the rules.

You mean the one that was in riot before ?

Tayy
11-29-2020, 01:15 PM
Shouldn't this be enough evidence that Freedom should have to provide evidence to dispute that Furoar was 2 boxing? (i.e. the doz train)

According to their mind set they have to have something to prove he wasnt boxing now....let's see it?

hobart
11-29-2020, 04:58 PM
You mean the one that was in riot before ?

No, I think he means the one that was in AG before that. The one that Detoxx accused of using third-party software and cheating, but fast-forward two years later wants to co-lead his guild.

What's the point of that zinger, Cletus? I don't think there was proof that Furoar broke the rules while in AG or Riot. Now there is proof he broke them in Freedumb.

Sorry you have hillbilly.

Ripqozko
11-29-2020, 05:35 PM
No, I think he means the one that was in AG before that. The one that Detoxx accused of using third-party software and cheating, but fast-forward two years later wants to co-lead his guild.

What's the point of that zinger, Cletus? I don't think there was proof that Furoar broke the rules while in AG or Riot. Now there is proof he broke them in Freedumb.

Sorry you have hillbilly.

He was scummy then and he is scummy now, hope that helps.

kaizersoze
11-29-2020, 06:56 PM
I start thinking it was worth it to have Furoar pull a Riptoes

Cause Im not gonna lie, the QQ itt is quite impressive

my man is proud of his leader getting them raid suspended and all his own accounts suspended for breaking the rules, lol. Sums up freedom membership.

Molitoth
11-29-2020, 09:06 PM
my man is proud of his leader getting them raid suspended and all his own accounts suspended for breaking the rules, lol. Sums up freedom membership.

When multiple Riot bots gets banned, it's a win in their book.

Zipity
11-29-2020, 10:21 PM
When someone with access to bots leaves a guild don’t they usually change the passwords?

regandna
11-29-2020, 10:31 PM
Are you justifying his actions by way of their negligence?

Zipity
11-29-2020, 10:38 PM
Oh absolutely not, just curious.

Terrok
11-29-2020, 11:22 PM
When someone with access to bots leaves a guild don’t they usually change the passwords?

I'm sure all guilds do, but that doesn't stop his "friends" from giving him the new passwords.

Tongpow
11-29-2020, 11:39 PM
most old bots nobody has PoA over iirc, i remember using a 52 bard for naggy and whichever guild got someone on him first got to use him every naggy lol

Nuggie
11-29-2020, 11:57 PM
I'd say our boy is knocking on the door of this raid rule: Dare he keep knocking and enter?

14. You may not operate a guild that habitually violates these rules.

Disciplinary issues involving guilds may be addressed with the entire guild. Guilds whose members habitually violate these rules may be issued guild warnings, and can even be permanently disbanded.

Guild Leaders and/or officers may be held accountable for any actions of their guild members, in addition to any other actions that may be taken. It is therefore the responsibility of the guild leadership to ensure that all guild members abide by these rules.

Viscere
11-30-2020, 07:41 AM
Riot training Frag on Doze or Koi and refusing to concede is equally scummy

Get off your high elf-sim high horse

Ravager
11-30-2020, 08:12 AM
High Elf-sim Horses are not classic.

feniin
11-30-2020, 10:21 AM

Freedom and AG training itself is the same thing as your guild leader logging in and two boxing another guild's bot to deliberately train them? With no less than three attempts? Yeah, okay. You really are a dumb son of a bitch.

elwing
11-30-2020, 10:26 AM
Can't wait your ban, evidences are clear

nostalgiaquest
11-30-2020, 10:30 AM
High Elf-sim Horses are not classic.

i lol'd

kasterol
11-30-2020, 12:43 PM
lol imagine thinking accidental trains are the same as the rival guild leader loggin onto Riots bot to train them.....rofl holy shit people dont have any morals anymore....freedom wanted "competition" but have to cheat to win? suckers....on top of that freedom/ag askin for concessions on koi? rofl special people

Kohedron
11-30-2020, 12:54 PM
But the thousands of hours you all spent on the P2W server was well spent, eh?

Tongpow
11-30-2020, 01:40 PM
accidental trains
sry bros, didn't know how aggro mechanics work in a 20 year old video game

BiG SiP
11-30-2020, 02:00 PM
https://www.project1999.com/forums/image.php?u=14516&dateline=1394982240&type=thumb

regandna
11-30-2020, 02:03 PM
On a side note, I have seen a few posts related to this player getting a light ban because he donates to the game - be removed. Why are those being deleted?

Are they being deleted in an attempt to keep that ball out of play? If anyone is getting special treatment because they donate, that does not constitute hate speech, trolling, or slander on the GMS - that is the facts if it is true. Now, there are not explicit facts to my knowledge of this being true, but there is circumstantial evidence, such as him getting this light treatment, and that line of reasoning is, at the very least, logical.

Ripqozko
11-30-2020, 02:16 PM
On a side note, I have seen a few posts related to this player getting a light ban because he donates to the game - be removed. Why are those being deleted?

Are they being deleted in an attempt to keep that ball out of play? If anyone is getting special treatment because they donate, that does not constitute hate speech, trolling, or slander on the GMS - that is the facts if it is true. Now, there are not explicit facts to my knowledge of this being true, but there is circumstantial evidence, such as him getting this light treatment, and that line of reasoning is, at the very least, logical.

Its a very hard time of year, Hope that helps.

Twochain
11-30-2020, 02:51 PM
The only person I have ever heard of getting permanently banned from playing on p99 is Alleriah... Who was busted 2x for RMT.

Considering first offense for intentionally training is usually 1 week, probably 1 month for a raid offense (I can't remember how much time Riptoes got but I think it was a month?), and boxing offenses is usually a 2 week ban as a first offense and perma ban of the accounts for a second offense.... Punishment seems right in line. And we're raid suspended for a week.

Guy had a moment of weakness, no doubt due to Riot's inability to admit a mistake. I'm just saying this scenario feels a little different than the other instances of this happening that I remember.

Riptoes was a retard who was mad we we're losing, and trained vulak on purpose in the Riot vs AM days. Nobody thought he was cool for doing it. Nobody wanted him to do it. Nobody thought Riot was cheating. Just a berg doing berg things. It was kind of funny in retrospect.

Lordbob? Hyjal?(correct if wrong) did the same thing.... again over a Vulak. That was sheer anger that we kept winning the big mobs. I can't remember if there was a specific reason he logged one of our bots and did that, other than anger. This was AW vs AM days. I don't think it was a "They're wrong and wont admit they are wrong, so i'm going to fuck them" scenario, but....... it was kind of funny in retrospect.

Fur did this at a Koi. He was frustrated that Riot absolutely refuses to admit any fault, with any scenario. Reading the UN is kind of ridiculous. "Lmao nahh not even". IDK. It's hard to weigh in about it without considering bias. Of course I think that about Riot, i'm on the other side of them. It really feels as though the 3 week mandatory talk about it break..... did absolutely nothing. For real, what positives have came from this shit? We still cannot talk reasonably about raid disputes, we still are at an impasse on things that should be a no brainer......... such as racer limits, and turning doze into a foot race. Furoar isn't a berg like some of you are. I've witnessed patience in some absolutely outrageous situations in game. This was a case of someones frustration boiling over. And i'm giving Riot a little bit of fault into it. maybe 15%. Obviously it was dumb as shit and he shouldn't have done it ............................. but i'm sure a year from now, in retrospect, this will be kind of funny. It's kind of funny now.

Let's stop trying to stick it to each other. 20 years from now, this box will still exist. And a third of the main healers and main tanks will be dead from old age. On a long enough timeline, this server will probably become a one guild ordeal, so let's stop pretending.

@Riot leaders, there are a few disputes going on now. We all can see in the UN. Instead of acting like little weirdos about the information you do or do not have, JUST SHOW IT. Make us look stupid. Make us look like everything we're saying we are frustrated about it completely wrong, and it's a matter of pixel sickness. Because as it sits now, it just seems as though the strategy to deal with raid disputes is indifference. "We conducted a review on our side and you're wrong" doesn't fit. I read something everyyyy day it feels like that completely conflicts with things previously said when concessions were asked. THE MAIN CULPRIT being the scenario in which we had to concede two vulaks after our very first vulak kill..... because a mob popped and RNG'd one of our players while you were engaged with lord feshlak.

IDK bois, i hardly have time to play right now, but some of ya'll need to relax.

Sunstar
11-30-2020, 02:58 PM
So its riots fault that the guild leader of Freedom logged in a Riot bot and tried (multiple times) to train the Riot raid?

Makes sense, you've convinced me

Viscere
11-30-2020, 02:59 PM
I am absolutely convinced, Thanks twochain

Nexii
11-30-2020, 03:00 PM
AM was forced into removing Riptoes from guild to mitigate the suspension. Which ended up being a week anyways - the same as what was given to Freedom. Whereas Furoar gets to stay in Freedom. Why should a guild leader be treated differently than a member?

Ripqozko
11-30-2020, 03:11 PM
AM was forced into removing Riptoes from guild to mitigate the suspension. Which ended up being a week anyways - the same as what was given to Freedom. Whereas Furoar gets to stay in Freedom. Why should a guild leader be treated differently than a member?

F in chat for riptoes, he just had a moment of weakness too but got da boot.

-TK-
11-30-2020, 03:11 PM
Let me sit here and try to, yet again, justify someone's dumb behavior...

I don't know or care what he's donated, how many guilds he's been involved with, how long he's been on the server, or who did what before. This was an obviously premeditated act for which the only end was to cause a disruption that affected 100+ people on the server. With exhibitions of behavior such as this, I'd be willing to wager that this is not the first problem he has caused for the GM's over the years, but even if he'd never been the cause of a petition before, for all of their 'proclaimed' outrage at the act, lying, and time they had to spend researching this incident something isn't adding for him to get just a slap on the wrist suspension. I'm not sure what the actual punishment to him really is if he's playing on other toons anyway and then gets the offending accounts back other than perhaps a little damage to his 'reputation' - although I understand it's impossible to stop someone playing if they really want to due to the nature of the internet and this server. He will come out of this having lost nothing, and learning no other lesson than he can get away with this kind of stuff if he's more careful about it next time. After preaching for 10 years for people not to do this kind of dumb shit, it does leave you scratching your head a little on why staff would be so lenient on something so egregious and intentional, so naturally people are looking for their own reasons for the leniency within the void of an official explanation. It doesn't look good to your average player or instill confidence in the process.

News Flash: It's possible to play here and not act like a petulant child.

kasterol
11-30-2020, 03:12 PM
the same people calling furoar a cheater before he was freedom an was AG/riot beatin AM...now there defending his actions lol...we get it furoar is ur daddy right now an AG is nothing without freedom....but to justify him loggin in another toon to train them? we all know he boxes an got away with it for so long he thought he could do it again...lied to GM's...but still people find its justified lol.....

Gatordash
11-30-2020, 03:17 PM
the same people calling furoar a cheater before he was freedom an was AG/riot beatin AM...now there defending his actions lol...we get it furoar is ur daddy right now an AG is nothing without freedom....but to justify him loggin in another toon to train them? we all know he boxes an got away with it for so long he thought he could do it again...lied to GM's...but still people find its justified lol.....

The people who called furoar a cheater when he was in Riot are now defending him and the people who used to defend him when he was in Riot are now calling him a cheater.

Yes that is how RnF works. You solved it.

Viscere
11-30-2020, 03:22 PM
You guys are now officially e-Sherlocks

Foxplay
11-30-2020, 03:44 PM
Facts

1. Intentionally logged onto another guilds shared-toon to intentionally train a said opposing raid guilds engagement
2. Boxing
3. Lied to server staff
4. Continued history of toxic behavior

Lying to staff shows a clear problem with character and candor. It means he thinks he is above the rules or that they don't apply to him so long as he thinks he won't be caught. But after this incident I see it as a clear indicator of character to anyone who continues to follow him. I don't care how successful the guild is at supplying pixels if my GUILDLEADER pulled this crap I would have left the guild the very same day. I would not associate myself let alone follow a leader that acts like that

fritzad1
11-30-2020, 03:45 PM
The only person I have ever heard of getting permanently banned from playing on p99 is Alleriah... Who was busted 2x for RMT.

Considering first offense for intentionally training is usually 1 week, probably 1 month for a raid offense (I can't remember how much time Riptoes got but I think it was a month?), and boxing offenses is usually a 2 week ban as a first offense and perma ban of the accounts for a second offense.... Punishment seems right in line. And we're raid suspended for a week.

Guy had a moment of weakness, no doubt due to Riot's inability to admit a mistake. I'm just saying this scenario feels a little different than the other instances of this happening that I remember.

Riptoes was a retard who was mad we we're losing, and trained vulak on purpose in the Riot vs AM days. Nobody thought he was cool for doing it. Nobody wanted him to do it. Nobody thought Riot was cheating. Just a berg doing berg things. It was kind of funny in retrospect.

Lordbob? Hyjal?(correct if wrong) did the same thing.... again over a Vulak. That was sheer anger that we kept winning the big mobs. I can't remember if there was a specific reason he logged one of our bots and did that, other than anger. This was AW vs AM days. I don't think it was a "They're wrong and wont admit they are wrong, so i'm going to fuck them" scenario, but....... it was kind of funny in retrospect.

Fur did this at a Koi. He was frustrated that Riot absolutely refuses to admit any fault, with any scenario. Reading the UN is kind of ridiculous. "Lmao nahh not even". IDK. It's hard to weigh in about it without considering bias. Of course I think that about Riot, i'm on the other side of them. It really feels as though the 3 week mandatory talk about it break..... did absolutely nothing. For real, what positives have came from this shit? We still cannot talk reasonably about raid disputes, we still are at an impasse on things that should be a no brainer......... such as racer limits, and turning doze into a foot race. Furoar isn't a berg like some of you are. I've witnessed patience in some absolutely outrageous situations in game. This was a case of someones frustration boiling over. And i'm giving Riot a little bit of fault into it. maybe 15%. Obviously it was dumb as shit and he shouldn't have done it ............................. but i'm sure a year from now, in retrospect, this will be kind of funny. It's kind of funny now.

Let's stop trying to stick it to each other. 20 years from now, this box will still exist. And a third of the main healers and main tanks will be dead from old age. On a long enough timeline, this server will probably become a one guild ordeal, so let's stop pretending.

@Riot leaders, there are a few disputes going on now. We all can see in the UN. Instead of acting like little weirdos about the information you do or do not have, JUST SHOW IT. Make us look stupid. Make us look like everything we're saying we are frustrated about it completely wrong, and it's a matter of pixel sickness. Because as it sits now, it just seems as though the strategy to deal with raid disputes is indifference. "We conducted a review on our side and you're wrong" doesn't fit. I read something everyyyy day it feels like that completely conflicts with things previously said when concessions were asked. THE MAIN CULPRIT being the scenario in which we had to concede two vulaks after our very first vulak kill..... because a mob popped and RNG'd one of our players while you were engaged with lord feshlak.

IDK bois, i hardly have time to play right now, but some of ya'll need to relax.

lol

xdrcfrx
11-30-2020, 03:52 PM
The people who called furoar a cheater when he was in Riot are now defending him and the people who used to defend him when he was in Riot are now calling him a cheater.

Yes that is how RnF works. You solved it.

pretty much this.

but also slightly not this because unfounded allegations about autofire or pixel detection software for coth racing, vs. proven account hijacking and training, are two different things.

feniin
11-30-2020, 04:27 PM

Jesus Christ.

The mental gymnastics here to excuse Furoar's behavior is hilarious and terrifying.

Terrok
11-30-2020, 04:42 PM

But it is interesting that frag was at koi when furor trained people, but only fr got ban and not frag.

Twochain
11-30-2020, 05:09 PM

Funnily enough, when I was pretty convinced Furoar was cheating, I looked in to it. I sync'd up one of his runs that he completely smoked everybody else is on one monitor for a start time reference, and basically ghost moded his runs. What I found was that his runs were very beatable, and that I could reliably beat that particular run 90% of the time.

But that didn't answer the question as to why, when he was running through the courtyard into where Vindi spawns, it seemed as though he was going MUCH faster than everyone else. Like 1.5x faster than everyone else briefly. I didn't get an answer to that, but I eventually think I found one. It's because of the servers tic rate, and it's ability to update exactly where a player is. What happened was he was a lot further ahead than it looked like from our side, and him speeding up was a result of the server catching up.

This was further proven a few months ago when Lenard starting winning races. The same thing happened, and a lot of people were up in arms about it. I immediately defended Lennard as i've already been down this route. And come to find out, what he did was a very nifty illusion switch to gain a couple steps around pillars. And the same thing happened. It looked like he started moving way faster than everyone else. And I immediately made sure to make my point about this as soon as people were up in arms about it.

Riptoes and Furoar are definitely not a 1:1 comparison. Yes, the implication of a guild leader doing this is much worse than Riptoes, who was a fairly new raider on the server. However, in my opinion, Riptoes doing that was pretty in character with who he was as a p99 player. Furoar was a former raid leader/#1 play maker with riot for over a year. I don't think Fur had a reputation as a guy who trains. It seems to me like this was a situation that has been brewing for years at that point. And it finally boiled over. Another big difference is Furoar has a whole guild who knows that he fucked up but still has his back. Barely anybody knew who Riptoes even was. I legit heard of the guy like a few days before he did that shit, and from what I met, I didn't like.

But at the end of the day, we all know my 4%RA ass is in here doing mental gymnastics because muh pixels.

Idk guys. I'm pretty critical of my friends/guild members. It's almost my schtick. Ask Venice, i made the poor guy quit dota :( because i was so mean about how fuckin bad he was. I'm well aware how easy my point of view will be dismissed because of my affiliation, but I really do try to look at things from both sides.

I was REALLY surprised Fur did that shit. For real. I don't think that's really like him. That's my dawg, but i've been so busy I haven't even spoken a word to him about it. My opinion of this is brought directly to RNF for all of your enjoyment.

strongNpretty
11-30-2020, 05:13 PM
Fuckin gross.. All of this is gross...

Nexii
11-30-2020, 05:28 PM
So basically, punishment should depend on how likeable someone is rather than the facts of what happened.

Fazlazen
11-30-2020, 05:29 PM
Stuff

What you just posted here is one of the most insanely idiotic things I've ever read. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response, were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone reading your posts is now dumber for having read it. I award you no points, and may god have mercy on your soul.

Molitoth
11-30-2020, 05:29 PM
@Riot leaders, there are a few disputes going on now. We all can see in the UN. Instead of acting like little weirdos about the information you do or do not have, JUST SHOW IT. Make us look stupid. Make us look like everything we're saying we are frustrated about it completely wrong, and it's a matter of pixel sickness. Because as it sits now, it just seems as though the strategy to deal with raid disputes is indifference. "We conducted a review on our side and you're wrong" doesn't fit.

There will be a counter argument, and it's not going to be originally posted in RnF.
You will have an opportunity to get your elf drama fix in when it's posted, so hang tight.

Molitoth
11-30-2020, 05:35 PM
Also: I agree with Twochain that Furoars "Loststalker" train is "kind of funny".
It's created some of the most hilarious Koi raids, memes, and vids yet.

That said, if the Evil Lord Arcler did this same act... bet your ass people would be calling for account deletion and eternal damnation back to hell.

Riot is mostly pissed because Furoar got our Bots banned and he can obviously still play EQ behind a VPN. Fine, let Furoar play (he provides competition)... but please give us our bots back.

Dogma
11-30-2020, 05:38 PM
I once caught a week suspension for walking through goblin fort in Warslik Woods.

Times certainly have changed. Maybe I should have donated more.

Twochain
11-30-2020, 05:45 PM
So basically, punishment should depend on how likeable someone is rather than the facts of what happened.

The most unique part of the EverQuest p99 experience is how important your reputation is. It just doesn't matter in any other game like it does here. None that I have played at least. So Yes, I would argue that it is something to consider when handing out punishment.

Hyjal was blacklisted, and if I remember correctly, it was due to an agreement that if Awakened kicked him, AM would not let him join? Something along those lines? But I can say if I was a guild leader, I would absolutely give him a chance. I really don't know what kind of punishment he got from the GM's. If I had to bet, i would probably say it was less than Furoar's punishment.

Riptoes was gkicked from AM. I'm not certain about this, but I think Detoxx was going to boot him when he was available to do so, when this all went down he was at work or something? I remember this guy not having a stellar reputation before this occurred. I specifically remember being offbut by this guy. I don't remember anything about the guy after this all went down, but i imagine nobody would be willing to give him a second chance. I wouldn't.

Twochain
11-30-2020, 05:47 PM
Also: I agree with Twochain that Furoars "Loststalker" train is "kind of funny".
It's created some of the most hilarious Koi raids, memes, and vids yet.

That said, if the Evil Lord Arcler did this same act... bet your ass people would be calling for account deletion and eternal damnation back to hell.

Riot is mostly pissed because Furoar got our Bots banned and he can obviously still play EQ behind a VPN. Fine, let Furoar play (he provides competition)... but please give us our bots back.

lmfao please pm to me

I don't think i'd be surprised if Arcler did that. But then again, I don't really know him like that. Don't even know what his voice sounds like. But you bet your ass i'd be laughing about it.

Twochain
11-30-2020, 05:53 PM
What you just posted here is one of the most insanely idiotic things I've ever read. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response, were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone reading your posts is now dumber for having read it. I award you no points, and may god have mercy on your soul.

I have the name Teraclown reserved

Nexii
11-30-2020, 05:55 PM
Popularity and reputation aren't the same thing. Riptoes did not have a bad reputation where it pertained to breaking raid rules. He was kicked so that AM would get a more lenient punishment.

Much like how Furoar won't be ousted because he gets Freedom pixels. That's all it really boils down to. Riptoes was not a playmaker, and so was more expendable. It had nothing to do with reputation.

Ravager
11-30-2020, 06:09 PM
There's only ever been like 2 or 3 players on this server that were universally hated. I can only even remember one of their names. That's how little reputation matters, and even if you get to the point where nobody wants anything to do with you, accounts are free and a fresh rep is a reroll away.

So go ahead and burn those bridges. It really doesn't matter.

Twochain
11-30-2020, 06:15 PM
Popularity and reputation aren't the same thing. Riptoes did not have a bad reputation where it pertained to breaking raid rules. He was kicked so that AM would get a more lenient punishment.

Much like how Furoar won't be ousted because he gets Freedom pixels. That's all it really boils down to. Riptoes was not a playmaker, and so was more expendable. It had nothing to do with reputation.

Speaking PERSONALLY
I was with Furoar one night at king and got trained 3 times by the same guy. I told him... i'm leaving this up to you because i'm pissed. He told the guy "please stop training us. I have fraps. Just leave us alone or im going to petition"

Speaking as if i was a guild leader
If we were talking about Kelz doing this shit, I wouldn't defend him the same way I defend Fur. Yes, obviously people who actually put in work to win the guild mobs will always have favor. And always will. Riptoes wasn't a playmaker, but he was a mid/high tier RA cleric if I remember correctly.... in the days when AM was dying. Kelz often berged out and did questionable shit when mad. Kelz would also probably be allowed to stay... whether it was with Aw, Tempest, or AM. But i wouldn't have been surprised at all if Kelz did that. And would say it was in line with his reputation as a player on p99.

NOW Nexii answer this

Would/Should the punishment be the same if this was Siryado doing this?

Because i'd slap him with a year

Nexii
11-30-2020, 06:32 PM
Are you talking about guild punishment or GM punishment? No guild leader is going to punish themselves.

Endonde
11-30-2020, 06:35 PM
Riptoes was a high RA magician in AM, and he was one of the biggest trackers in AM at the time he got booted IIRC.

I actually think personality wise Riptoes and Furoar are very similar, both hot headed players that track a ton and hate to get beat.

I don't think that Furoar deserved to be perma banned, but I agree with what Kittens said in UN the other day. No one can really trust that Freedom will play by the rules after what Furoar did if they allow him to remain the guild leader.

I don't think most guilds trusted Freedom already, but after Furoar deliberately lied to the GM's about this I'm sure they won't trust him much in the future.

Ripqozko
11-30-2020, 06:38 PM
Riptoes was a high RA magician in AM, and he was one of the biggest trackers in AM at the time he got booted IIRC.

I actually think personality wise Riptoes and Furoar are very similar, both hot headed players that track a ton and hate to get beat.

I don't think that Furoar deserved to be perma banned, but I agree with what Kittens said in UN the other day. No one can really trust that Freedom will play by the rules after what Furoar did if they allow him to remain the guild leader.

I don't think most guilds trusted Freedom already, but after Furoar deliberately lied to the GM's about this I'm sure they won't trust him much in the future.

I dont often agree with ya but yup. At the least demote furoar for the guilds own rep. Riptoes was booted in a quickness for same thing.

Vallaen
11-30-2020, 06:49 PM
Riot leader calling covid fake news, so Freedom and Riot both have idiot leaders at the moment.

Twochain
11-30-2020, 06:53 PM

My argument to this is that people felt that way about Freedom because of Detoxx, not Furoar. Most of the RnF hate before this ordeal was almost entirely about Detoxx. Furthermore, It's not like Furoar told the guild to train them. OR suggested that we do anything against the rules. He quietly did it by himself.

I'd say most of the discontent about freedom came from people's stance on Detoxx. Because he has a REPUTATION of being an evil guild leader.

IDK, from my side it feels like we're quick to concede when we fuck up. Also, if we didn't play by the rules, you would be suggesting that AG knows about this, and doesn't care. As we raid together for almost every big target the last 4-5 months.

I really can't think of one time in the last 3-4 years of raiding with AM/Ghxst/Freedom where we intentionally broke the rules. SO I don't think it's fair to say that you're going to assume AG/F Will not play by the rules from now moving forward.... as most guilds did not already trust us due to their opinion on Detoxx. And I know Azure Guard's leadership would never be on board with intentionally breaking rules.

I guess I can't comment further on Riptoes, I thought the guy played a cleric.

@ Nexii, Yes, you are GM, Siryado does this, what's your ruling.

Endonde
11-30-2020, 06:57 PM
I really can't think of one time in the last 3-4 years of raiding with AM/Ghxst/Freedom where we intentionally broke the rules

Uhhh, dude your guild leader just intentionally broke the rules, that's literally what this whole post is about lol.

Twochain
11-30-2020, 07:04 PM
Uhhh, dude your guild leader just intentionally broke the rules, that's literally what this whole post is about lol.

lmao, but that was an individual action, not a guild decision/call/strategy. I'm saying, i can't remember one time where a raid leader suggested seriously that we break rules.

Also, fur has been under a microscope for over a year and a half now. If he was constantly breaking rules, it would have came to light. The guy broke the rules and got caught like hours later. My point is, I don't think there is a risk for a second offense.

Would YOU risk your accounts being perma banned in order to train Riot a second time? I sure wouldn't.

conoutoftrol
11-30-2020, 07:12 PM
lmao, but that was an individual action, not a guild decision/call/strategy. I'm saying, i can't remember one time where a raid leader suggested seriously that we break rules.

Also, fur has been under a microscope for over a year and a half now. If he was constantly breaking rules, it would have came to light. The guy broke the rules and got caught like hours later. My point is, I don't think there is a risk for a second offense.

Would YOU risk your accounts being perma banned in order to train Riot a second time? I sure wouldn't.

I'm sure he will use a better VPN next time.

Endonde
11-30-2020, 07:17 PM
I'm saying, i can't remember one time where a raid leader suggested seriously that we break rules.

You can try to perform mental gymnastics on this one all you want, but Freedom's leadership deliberately decided to intentionally train another guild using a character that was not his. You can say it was an individual action but he is a guild leader, his actions directly reflect his entire guild.

Also I'm not the best person to ask if I would train Riot a second time, because I like most normal adults wouldn't have trained them the first time.

Nexii
11-30-2020, 07:24 PM
Siryado is before my time on P99. I started in 2015 and I didn't really raid until late 2016

Freakish
11-30-2020, 07:42 PM
[QUOTE=Endonde;3220472

Also I'm not the best person to ask if I would train Riot a second time, because I like most normal adults wouldn't have trained them the first time.[/QUOTE]

Caught you! Nobody enjoys eq as a normal adult!

-TK-
11-30-2020, 07:46 PM
The rules should be applied equally across the board by the staff with no regard to how involved or not involved someone is with the raid scene on the server or their level of notoriety. That is what would give credibility to a system most here would currently describe as whimsical.

This wasn't some accidental KC or Seb train. What should be considered here is that it was done with obvious malicious intent and caused countless patrons of the server to have a bad experience, and then caused the staff additional headaches trying to gather the details. One person decided his emotional vendetta was more important than the time of 100+ other players on the server, and the staff is pretty much giving him a pass with no permanent repercussions, despite the fact that he even went as far as to knowingly log into a competing guild's shared toon to try to cause additional chaos within the guild. This was not a first, second, third, fourth, fifth, etc.. warning. Literally for 10 years the staff has been saying not to do dumb shit like this. I just don't understand the logic that he should have a lesser penalty than a ban because he helps other people get raid loot. The staff constantly says they don't want people here ruining other peoples' game experience and that guild leaders are held to some higher standard, but then we have situations like this which just doesn't support it. If we're going to operate on some clandestine staff faction system, then the staff should provide a list of actions on the wiki that help raise your staff faction and actions that won't so that even non-raiders can bank some 'good karma' for when they decide to lose it on someone in Seb and train a whole group to death because they were going through hard times that night.

feniin
11-30-2020, 07:50 PM

https://i.imgur.com/992s9vC.png

BiG SiP
11-30-2020, 07:51 PM
https://i.imgur.com/eNRWzOh.gif

Twochain
11-30-2020, 08:20 PM
https://i.imgur.com/992s9vC.png

I dont understand this one i've seen it before? Whats the implication? Guy is just saying lol

Twochain
11-30-2020, 08:24 PM
The rules should be applied equally across the board by the staff with no regard to how involved or not involved someone is with the raid scene on the server or their level of notoriety. That is what would give credibility to a system most here would currently describe as whimsical.

This wasn't some accidental KC or Seb train. What should be considered here is that it was done with obvious malicious intent and caused countless patrons of the server to have a bad experience, and then caused the staff additional headaches trying to gather the details. One person decided his emotional vendetta was more important than the time of 100+ other players on the server, and the staff is pretty much giving him a pass with no permanent repercussions, despite the fact that he even went as far as to knowingly log into a competing guild's shared toon to try to cause additional chaos within the guild. This was not a first, second, third, fourth, fifth, etc.. warning. Literally for 10 years the staff has been saying not to do dumb shit like this. I just don't understand the logic that he should have a lesser penalty than a ban because he helps other people get raid loot. The staff constantly says they don't want people here ruining other peoples' game experience and that guild leaders are held to some higher standard, but then we have situations like this which just doesn't support it. If we're going to operate on some clandestine staff faction system, then the staff should provide a list of actions on the wiki that help raise your staff faction and actions that won't so that even non-raiders can bank some 'good karma' for when they decide to lose it on someone in Seb and train a whole group to death because they were going through hard times that night.

I dont' think i suggested fur should be punished less because of who he is. I said Fur's suspension is right in line with other people's suspensions in the past for the same offense. If anything, in terms of GM punishment, I THINK fur's was worse than the other two people I named.

I'm saying it shouldn't be held against him forever, because it was out of character. In my opinion. That's all.

feniin
11-30-2020, 08:59 PM
I dont understand this one i've seen it before? Whats the implication? Guy is just saying lol

Detoxx is the other person. Saying they have to kill Riot's pets that are set up. :o

regandna
11-30-2020, 09:17 PM
Insightful response.

Evia
11-30-2020, 09:53 PM
I'm saying it shouldn't be held against him forever, because it was out of character. In my opinion. That's all.

Yeah but the rest of the server don’t get a “it was out of my character” free card. Why should he get special treatment? I’ve known of people getting permanently banned from this server for less.

hobart
11-30-2020, 09:56 PM
Has Arcler ever had a toon suspended? What about who has the AG tag?

Detoxx and Furors both have.

hobart
11-30-2020, 10:05 PM
Riptoes was gkicked from AM. I'm not certain about this, but I think Detoxx was going to boot him when he was available to do so, when this all went down he was at work or something?

Then it looks like precedent is set. The gravely-throat obese retard is going to kick the lisping pedo-sounding retard.

SantagarBrax
11-30-2020, 10:33 PM
People who view Furoar in a positive light after this incident can attempt to grand stand, deflect, or obfuscate to their hearts content. The real outcome from the GM's lack of discipline for Furoar should be a cease and desist of any and all communications from the rest of this server. /ignore in game and /block on discord.

No one should be mandated to speak with, let alone play with, Furoar.

SantagarBrax
11-30-2020, 10:58 PM
In addition, as long as Furoar remains the Guild Leader of Freedom/AG, all communications with Freedom/AG should cease and desist as well until Furoar has been removed as the Guild Leader.

Persona non grata and Excommunicado from the church of P99.

Twochain
11-30-2020, 11:01 PM
Detoxx is the other person. Saying they have to kill Riot's pets that are set up. :o

Is that against the rules ?

Fammaden
11-30-2020, 11:01 PM
Freedom and AG are two different guilds, you'll notice only one of them is suspended for being associated with Furoar.

Twochain
11-30-2020, 11:03 PM
People who view Furoar in a positive light after this incident can attempt to grand stand, deflect, or obfuscate to their hearts content. The real outcome from the GM's lack of discipline for Furoar should be a cease and desist of any and all communications from the rest of this server. /ignore in game and /block on discord.

No one should be mandated to speak with, let alone play with, Furoar.

We’ve already gone over this. Furs punishment is either right in line, or worse compared to the other two people who have committed the same offense.

getsome
11-30-2020, 11:03 PM
If P99 is a church, you should turn the other cheek.

getsome
11-30-2020, 11:12 PM
https://i.imgur.com/sZN27hu.mp4

https://i.imgur.com/d9KfN6P.mp4

https://i.imgur.com/iuuN4cg.mp4

Allishia
11-30-2020, 11:17 PM
Riptoes was actually a really nice person and hardcore tracker, won lots of ringwar turn ins! There was a lot of internal drama in aftermath around that time though, we lost lot of people (officers/leaders) to world of warcraft, and many people were upset and stressed out already. We got mobs dropped on us and then Riptoes just lost it and decided to drop some off to riot. She was a really nice gnome though so I hope people don't hate someone for losing control in a moment, it is just game and not everyone handles everything the same way...some log out or /q..others do dumb things =)

Furoar is someone I consider a friend, never thought would train us on purpose.. failed at it too, rofl. I remember them yelling Loststalker train in discord but the train didn't wipe us. Was 1 glimmer that was way ahead, made it to Loststalker and killed him b4 the rest got to the raid, we killed the dragon / add and won eq /whew

I hope they don't perma ban anyone, but still a stupid thing to do and really didn't expect it to be Furoar either, 100% fired /bonk.

SantagarBrax
11-30-2020, 11:32 PM
We’ve already gone over this. Furs punishment is either right in line, or worse compared to the other two people who have committed the same offense.

Excommunicado

Twochain
11-30-2020, 11:34 PM
Riptoes was actually a really nice person and hardcore tracker, won lots of ringwar turn ins! There was a lot of internal drama in aftermath around that time though, we lost lot of people (officers/leaders) to world of warcraft, and many people were upset and stressed out already. We got mobs dropped on us and then Riptoes just lost it and decided to drop some off to riot. She was a really nice gnome though so I hope people don't hate someone for losing control in a moment, it is just game and not everyone handles everything the same way...some log out or /q..others do dumb things =)

Furoar is someone I consider a friend, never thought would train us on purpose.. failed at it too, rofl. I remember them yelling Loststalker train in discord but the train didn't wipe us. Was 1 glimmer that was way ahead, made it to Loststalker and killed him b4 the rest got to the raid, we killed the dragon / add and won eq /whew

I hope they don't perma ban anyone, but still a stupid thing to do and really didn't expect it to be Furoar either, 100% fired /bonk.

The train didn’t even succeed???

The shame...

Also tiptoes was a she?? Wtf am I confusing them with someone else

Ripqozko
12-01-2020, 12:07 AM

The shame...

Everyone is a guy on the internet, even Alli. Hope that helps.

Grox
12-01-2020, 12:18 AM
Twochains, furoar logged on a riot bot to train riot. Then lied to staff about it. That's much worse

hobart
12-01-2020, 12:39 AM
And how is his punishment worse than Riptoes? Riptoes got kicked from the guild, right?

Nuggie
12-01-2020, 01:41 AM
The most unique part of the EverQuest p99 experience is how important your reputation is.

I stopped in to get my Blue99-drama fix, snacking on popcorn. I choked when I saw the above quote.

Twochain, I was giving some of what you posted a half nod until I hit this. It is the biggest crock of shit to hit these forums in a bit. Who are you trying to fool? The new people on the server? Dickheads have culminated in large raiding guilds stepping on whomever whenever they please for the duration of this project. With no meaningful repercussions from the guilds they are in. This casts serious doubt on your words in my eyes.

Carry on.

evilkorn
12-01-2020, 03:05 AM

The shame...

First, hey twochain :)

No it was a guy, female gnome, I knew him and his bro from back in the old Taken days.

elwing
12-01-2020, 03:08 AM
I love how they consider a volontary train outside of a race worst than accidental train on an actual competition... That's just cr time and buff gems... No raid boss loss... Not like when they accidentally train and refuse to concede anything...

Solist
12-01-2020, 03:24 AM
Incredible mental gymnastics from all sides, and an unhealthy accoutrements of cringe from people not even involved.

Summary: Yikes.

Guy killed one person with his train. Riot more often than not kills 2-3 of its own players with planned pulls in to camp.

If there was an actual crime someone would give a shit I am sure. But all he did was run some Wyverns randomly into north, die, and kill Liia who could have moved to safety at any point and not died.

voydent
12-01-2020, 03:27 AM
by your logic, chris hansen should stop catching those predators in the kitchen before they do the deed. or maybe he should wait until they are done...

/shrug

Solist
12-01-2020, 03:39 AM
The gymnastics continue. Motive vs Material damage. You guys are sentencing furoar for being a dickhead (guilty), and for not executing a damaging train. His train is the equivalent of a tree falling in an empty wood. There is no damage.

Guy is probably guilty of a lot of things and being a moron in this case is one. But he ain’t guilty of training a raid. Riot is though.

hotkarlmarxbros
12-01-2020, 04:04 AM
Do keep in mind that it wasn't his intention to run up to the engage after it was over, (un?)luckily getting filmed the entire way. He was betting on showing up mid-engage, and being yet another riot name lost in the mire. He was betting on his VM or install on a pc he never used, coming from a VPN or cell hotspot being enough to obscure him (protip: they can see not only the MAC address of your machine and your IP address, they can also see the MAC address of your connection point such as router, cell phone, whatever. It's part of the packet that your machine receives). Evidence of this is his bald faced lying to the GMs when confronted about it.

People don't realize that this isn't a one-off offense. Not everybody hanging out, playing the game to have some fun, is running fraps and going hard on the elf lawyer bullshit. When you see something like this, especially from an established player who is in a leadership position of a competitive guild and has plenty of familiarity with the server rules, you are only seeing the tip of the iceberg. I've been trained by Furoar before. He banked on me not recording it. It paid off for him. This is one opportunity for the entire server to see what an actual scumbag he is, and he gets away with a punishment so light, it could never be imagined to be extended to any other player for doing just a fraction of what he did. Of course these questions of money and/or favoritism are coming up. He still has any and all gear he has collected over the years. He can still log in any non-suspended account. He can still collect dkp for the entire period of his suspension.

Izmael
12-01-2020, 04:34 AM
I sincerely don't understand why you guys just don't play on Red. You'd have a blast there.

Viscere
12-01-2020, 06:28 AM
Guy is probably guilty of a lot of things and being a moron in this case is one. But he ain’t guilty of training a raid. Riot is though.

That's what <Criot> fails to see, the cognitive dissonance is astounding

back to the school of RnF also, it's all pretty disappointing so far.

Ravager
12-01-2020, 07:33 AM
I sincerely don't understand why you guys just don't play on Red. You'd have a blast there.
They can't petition for loot there.

Stroboo
12-01-2020, 08:57 AM
Furoar, for whatever reason, has the ability to win people pixels in a consistent manner - for the people who have chose Freedom as their guild, that is all that matters to them. I look at them like American republicans - most of the world hates them yet they as still loud and proud and doing their thing not really caring what everyone else thinks of them...

Loke
12-01-2020, 10:07 AM
Furoar, for whatever reason, has the ability to win people pixels in a consistent manner - for basically everyone in raiding guilds, that is all that matters to them.

FTFY. Lets not pretend Riot wasn't happy to have Furoar as a member until he decided to leave. Playing the part of jealous ex to a T these days.

All these people on their high horse while following a dude who has like a 90%+ raid attendance (which can mean one of a few things... none of them good), plays the perpetual victim, and apparently thinks Coronavirus is a political issue. :rolleyes:

elwing
12-01-2020, 10:29 AM
You gotta get out to know coronavirus is real...

regandna
12-01-2020, 11:33 AM
Well, it would be tough for the guild leader to kick themselves. He would not do it because he would lose his RAP - the coward will only kick others and take their RAP.

Tongpow
12-01-2020, 12:01 PM

eq pvp is unbalanced and dumb, only good people on red are <Sanctuary> people and everyone else's entire goal is to grief you off the server

OuterChimp
12-01-2020, 12:26 PM
eq pvp is unbalanced and dumb, only good people on red are <Sanctuary> people and everyone else's entire goal is to grief you off the server

This is why I don't think I'd like pvp. I have a little time to play as it is and I'd be just minding my own business trying to level or get loot and some jerk would come kill me just for poop and giggles.

chevy79bu
12-01-2020, 12:29 PM

This is definatly not my experiance on Red server so far. I have not ever seen anyone greifed, I have seen someone killed in pvp for their camp...but that's part of the pvp right? My pvp experiance have been extremely positive and on every occasion I have sat and spoke with the person whome I just got done pvping with.

chevy79bu
12-01-2020, 12:33 PM
This is why I don't think I'd like pvp. I have a little time to play as it is and I'd be just minding my own business trying to level or get loot and some jerk would come kill me just for poop and giggles.

You have a lack of actual experiance on Red, up until your in your mid 50's there is little to no pvp to be had. Also 9 times out of 10 when someone approaches you they do not just start casting on you or attacking you. Really there are just a couple of guilds where the people in those guilds focus 100% on finding and killing people. Even yhen... they are all lvl 60 and not going around ganking you while your killing crocks in oasis...

Twochain
12-01-2020, 12:58 PM
I stopped in to get my Blue99-drama fix, snacking on popcorn. I choked when I saw the above quote.

Twochain, I was giving some of what you posted a half nod until I hit this. It is the biggest crock of shit to hit these forums in a bit. Who are you trying to fool? The new people on the server? Dickheads have culminated in large raiding guilds stepping on whomever whenever they please for the duration of this project. With no meaningful repercussions from the guilds they are in. This casts serious doubt on your words in my eyes.

Carry on.

Naww, see in other games, if you are good at it, people will pretty much tolerate you no matter what you do. Competitive games are the worst with this. When I played pro CS, 80%+ of that community was really just toxic ass nerds who had no joy in life. If you think it's bad in p99... it's not. These people are aggressive dick heads.

There's a reason Kelzaraz almost didn't make it into Aftermath from player votes. In any other competitive game, a person such as 95% RA Kelzaraz is going to be let on the team no question.

You can always restart your reputation and reroll, sure. but in my opinion rep matters here more than most other competitive games i've played.

Twochain
12-01-2020, 01:02 PM
Furoar, for whatever reason, has the ability to win people pixels in a consistent manner - for the people who have chose Freedom as their guild, that is all that matters to them. I look at them like American republicans - most of the world hates them yet they as still loud and proud and doing their thing not really caring what everyone else thinks of them...

Naw not true. It's not the pixels, it's the winning. The competition. That's what makes raiding on this game fun. Without competition, raiding EverQuest is kind of a chore.

You know what? Honestly, I can't think of one raid/guild leader on p99 i didn't sort of enjoy playing for/with. That goes from my days in Clue, Fires of Heaven, all of it.

Tongpow
12-01-2020, 01:18 PM
I have seen someone killed in pvp for their camp...but that's part of the pvp right?
yeah I'm not talking about that, i had a naked bard follow me around for half a day doing nothing but mezzing me, and a dude log on, kill me, log off like 20 times while xping in splitpaw

made it to level 40 before realizing the server wasn't for me, if that shit sounds fun for other people they should totally try red lol

k9quaint
12-01-2020, 02:16 PM
yeah I'm not talking about that, i had a naked bard follow me around for half a day doing nothing but mezzing me, and a dude log on, kill me, log off like 20 times while xping in splitpaw

made it to level 40 before realizing the server wasn't for me, if that shit sounds fun for other people they should totally try red lol

Never XP in Splitpaw.

xdrcfrx
12-01-2020, 02:20 PM
Naw not true. It's not the pixels, it's the winning. The competition. That's what makes raiding on this game fun. Without competition, raiding EverQuest is kind of a chore.

This may be partially true but I think you're overstating it. I don't see any of the top guilds winning targets and giving the pixels away, or organizing competition in a way where the pixels are not the main focus.

Additionally, the number of people that I see go on at length about who "deserves" pixels, and who has "earned" them also suggests that it is indeed the pixels driving things.

Not to say that the competition isn't fun in it's own right - it is! I wish people put a little thought into it to abstract things a bit, though. The golem race agreement was a good example of what I mean here.

Ripqozko
12-01-2020, 02:20 PM
Never XP on Red.

ftfy

Terrok
12-01-2020, 03:02 PM
The competition. That's what makes raiding on this game fun. Without competition, raiding EverQuest is kind of a chore.

What competition are you speaking of? Who can train who and get away with it? top 3 guilds get banned and this is fun? I haven't seen any competition on this server yet. one guild waits for other to clear so they can leapfrog with their clerics full mana and raid force buffed is competition? If this doesn't work they train each other to get the mob. Even the races go to the person with the best ping/zone times. No real skill involved in living close to the server. so there really isn't any competition there either, if the same person is getting the FTE every single time. I guess some people complaining about the trains is fun to them, as it gives them something to focus on. so its more fun then their real lifes. so ya competition. People complain about raid force sizes, yet there is only so much loot for the 400 high end raiders that are on this server, so they have to go to some guild, or leave the server.

Twochain
12-01-2020, 03:19 PM
What competition are you speaking of? Who can train who and get away with it? top 3 guilds get banned and this is fun? I haven't seen any competition on this server yet. one guild waits for other to clear so they can leapfrog with their clerics full mana and raid force buffed is competition? If this doesn't work they train each other to get the mob. Even the races go to the person with the best ping/zone times. No real skill involved in living close to the server. so there really isn't any competition there either, if the same person is getting the FTE every single time. I guess some people complaining about the trains is fun to them, as it gives them something to focus on. so its more fun then their real lifes. so ya competition. People complain about raid force sizes, yet there is only so much loot for the 400 high end raiders that are on this server, so they have to go to some guild, or leave the server.

I softly agree with some of the points you are making. What you're complaining about is a result of rooted dragons. Before rooted dragons, things were much more competitive in terms of skill. There is still room for playmakers in present day raiding, but not like before. And it's definitely overtuned, it shouldn't take 120+ guilds/alliances to have a chance at a mob in NTov. Let alone the stalemates, trying to pull mobs into camp without training 300 people, trying to leap frog into risky engagements in order to secure kills. For sure.

However, while ping certainly helps, as it does with literally every single internet game, it is NOT as important as you are making it out to be on this server. A good portion of the best fters/cothers this server has had were either euro or asian. Riot's best fter rocks 130+ ping. Zarza won about 400 coth races with 350 ping. Races that you are required to zone in order to complete definitely favors ping, however, that is not the norm for races.

fritzad1
12-01-2020, 03:27 PM
I dont often agree with ya but yup. At the least demote furoar for the guilds own rep. Riptoes was booted in a quickness for same thing.

^

Twochain
12-01-2020, 03:32 PM
This may be partially true but I think you're overstating it. I don't see any of the top guilds winning targets and giving the pixels away, or organizing competition in a way where the pixels are not the main focus.

Additionally, the number of people that I see go on at length about who "deserves" pixels, and who has "earned" them also suggests that it is indeed the pixels driving things.

Not to say that the competition isn't fun in it's own right - it is! I wish people put a little thought into it to abstract things a bit, though. The golem race agreement was a good example of what I mean here.

While there has been numerous times over the years that whatever guild I was in at the time gave away tov loot for free (knight rots lets be honest), giving away shit for free would definitely break the spirit of newer raiders who have been saving their dkp for that particular item. But you would be surprised how many people are really just in it for the fun of it. Take a look at legday's post? About the 8 man VP snipe team. You think Legday gave a shit that he looted a PD robe on a wizard he hasn't played in 4 years and will probably never play again? Naw. Most of the established raiders on this server don't really give a shit about loot that much. I have a bunch of plat and a bunch of dkp, but I really don't need anything else. Sure, would it be cool to have a vulak robe on my enchanter? Hell yes. But my monk already has an abashis. And my enc is OP as is. Doesn't really matter.

NOW let me explain this DESERVED and EARNED pixels debacle. Yes, that's something that's floated around a lot. Certain hard core players are turned off to the idea of giving away free Vulaks. You know why? Because there's always 30+ on this server who have been saving DKP for over a year to get a Gharns. Or an Abashi. Or a Robe. I know two people who are literally one vulak piece away from being completely BiS. And it's why they still play this game. And it's been 1..2...3 years and they STILL haven't been able to acquire that last item. And then, to cap it off, you get stuck in Vulak prison. You can't bid any of your DKP for cool stuff for your alts, (or a ST key for any of your characters *cough*), because you have to save your dkp in order to stay #1 on the leader boards in DKP so that IF THIS IS THE TIME IT ACTUALLY DROPS, they can finally get their item after literal years. And from there it's a badge of honor. People know I raided years to get my abashi. (I got super fucking lucky getting it, I was top monk dkp for all of like 16 hours and it was my first time being on top ever, and I WAS NOT pacing to keep up with slaysh/reep etc, super small window for me to get it)

xdrcfrx
12-01-2020, 05:07 PM
While there has been numerous times over the years that whatever guild I was in at the time gave away tov loot for free (knight rots lets be honest), giving away shit for free would definitely break the spirit of newer raiders who have been saving their dkp for that particular item. But you would be surprised how many people are really just in it for the fun of it. Take a look at legday's post? About the 8 man VP snipe team. You think Legday gave a shit that he looted a PD robe on a wizard he hasn't played in 4 years and will probably never play again? Naw. Most of the established raiders on this server don't really give a shit about loot that much. I have a bunch of plat and a bunch of dkp, but I really don't need anything else. Sure, would it be cool to have a vulak robe on my enchanter? Hell yes. But my monk already has an abashis. And my enc is OP as is. Doesn't really matter.

NOW let me explain this DESERVED and EARNED pixels debacle. Yes, that's something that's floated around a lot. Certain hard core players are turned off to the idea of giving away free Vulaks. You know why? Because there's always 30+ on this server who have been saving DKP for over a year to get a Gharns. Or an Abashi. Or a Robe. I know two people who are literally one vulak piece away from being completely BiS. And it's why they still play this game. And it's been 1..2...3 years and they STILL haven't been able to acquire that last item. And then, to cap it off, you get stuck in Vulak prison. You can't bid any of your DKP for cool stuff for your alts, (or a ST key for any of your characters *cough*), because you have to save your dkp in order to stay #1 on the leader boards in DKP so that IF THIS IS THE TIME IT ACTUALLY DROPS, they can finally get their item after literal years. And from there it's a badge of honor. People know I raided years to get my abashi. (I got super fucking lucky getting it, I was top monk dkp for all of like 16 hours and it was my first time being on top ever, and I WAS NOT pacing to keep up with slaysh/reep etc, super small window for me to get it)

summary: it's about the pixels, after all.

I know there's long term players that have stables full of geared toons, warder loot, etc. I know some of them don't really care that much about loot. But that whole second paragraph is just an explanation for why the pixels are what it really is about. I'm not saying it's entirely one or the other, but I think it's missing the mark to say that it's not at all about the pixels - it obviously is, and to a significant degree.

if it were just about the competition, people would have found more interesting ways to compete for things than zerging through trash in ToV, or footracing for FTE for every.single.mob. There's lots of stuff where, with just a little bit of thought, some actual creative competition could be undertaken. Key to this would be, like the golem race agreement, the winner taking most but not all of the winnings. Lots of things people could try that would be fun, that would allow for a variety of different modes of competition, that would open content up for more players, and yes that would distribute pixels differently than under the current status quo.

I don't think you'd see a ton of interest in such a change in dynamic from many because they'd rather take a chance at winning everything in a zero-sum game, than risk losing out on potential pixels that would to to a runner up. And/or many prefer the thrill of denying their rivals accomplishing anything (which, in fairness, would cut against the argument that it's really about the pixels!)

Hope this doesn't come across as overly negative or argumentative. I actually really enjoy having these kinds of conversations.

regandna
12-01-2020, 05:12 PM
Can we get back on topic please - Furoar is a scumbag and he should go play COD!

Fammaden
12-01-2020, 05:42 PM
if it were just about the competition, people would have found more interesting ways to compete for things than zerging through trash in ToV, or footracing for FTE for every.single.mob. There's lots of stuff where, with just a little bit of thought, some actual creative competition could be undertaken. Key to this would be, like the golem race agreement, the winner taking most but not all of the winnings. Lots of things people could try that would be fun, that would allow for a variety of different modes of competition, that would open content up for more players, and yes that would distribute pixels differently than under the current status quo.

I don't think you'd see a ton of interest in such a change in dynamic from many because they'd rather take a chance at winning everything in a zero-sum game, than risk losing out on potential pixels that would to to a runner up. And/or many prefer the thrill of denying their rivals accomplishing anything (which, in fairness, would cut against the argument that it's really about the pixels!)

The guys who harp so hard on competition don't actually care strictly just about loot, its true. When they say competition a lot of readers don't realize (and some of them might not be conveying it) that the important part is who the loser is as much as who won.

So like if FR/AG gets a Vulak its true that for many of the old timers/ex-AM the loot from Vulak takes a backseat to making Riot the losers. That's the real end goal of the competition.

If they can beat their arch enemy Riot then those people on the other side that Twochain was just describing, they waited all week, then all the NToV windows in the cycle, just to watch their chances of a Vulak drop snatched away for another week. AND...if their competition is strong enough, they have no actual assurance that their guild will prevail again next week.

So those things create real stakes in the game and real emotions over the limited endgame resources. It creates an environment where, as we've famously heard so much on RnF, you can deny your enemies pixels. The denial in a high stakes world is more important than the racing or who won it or even the coveted loots. Although yes of course they are also quite loot hungry too.

While I personally agree with you about the golem agreement, simply slapping a race onto a soft rotation like that doesn't provide that high stakes game of "deny the enemy" anymore so those dudes are never going to go for it on a larger scale. It only made it to reality because of the low overall value you get from golem loots most of the time vs. time invested in tracking and racing for them. It was an easy choice for every guild, but even so we now see Freedom would rather pull out of it and play spoiler. Because they don't do that zero-sum game.

The more you make agreements and rotations the more your enemy can shrug it off and say well better luck next time. Aegis is never going to win the first golem racing AG or Riot on a random Saturday at noon. But the next slot is a different opponent, maybe the spawn lines up better, maybe you have more people, and if nothing else maybe you get better loot if you got no epic off this one. You leave feeling like you at least you did win something and have more to look forward to instead of leaving feeling like a loser, and that its not what the guys insisting on competition are interested in seeing happen.

Ruhtar
12-01-2020, 06:12 PM

Most of what you wrote in this post was typical Forsaken/AM/XxGhxstxX/Freedom dog shit, but you're just straight up lying here.

Hundreds of people have been permanently banned. Unless you're referring to an IP ban, which doesn't really do much for people who were probably boxing anyway. Not entirely sure on your 1-week first offense for training, but boxing offenses are 1-month for first offense and perma banned for second.

Excusing the lying to GMs and excusing any other infraction that I'm sure Furoar has racked up over the years, he should be suspended for at least 5 weeks. How long was he suspended for?

Twochain
12-01-2020, 06:26 PM
Most of what you wrote in this post was typical Forsaken/AM/XxGhxstxX/Freedom dog shit, but you're just straight up lying here.

Hundreds of people have been permanently banned. Unless you're referring to an IP ban, which doesn't really do much for people who were probably boxing anyway. Not entirely sure on your 1-week first offense for training, but boxing offenses are 1-month for first offense and perma banned for second.

Excusing the lying to GMs and excusing any other infraction that I'm sure Furoar has racked up over the years, he should be suspended for at least 5 weeks. How long was he suspended for?

Permanent Character Ban is not the same thing as "Never allowed to play on p99 again"

uhhh also im pretty sure he's suspended until jan 1... so 5 weeks. lmao

tankh
12-01-2020, 06:35 PM
What makes me laugh is that you get told not to post anything about freedom but then you get freedom members like beefbroc posting crap in UN general chat but nothing happens. Seems their new guild name should be <Teflon>.

xdrcfrx
12-01-2020, 07:25 PM
The guys who harp so hard on competition don't actually care strictly just about loot, its true. When they say competition a lot of readers don't realize (and some of them might not be conveying it) that the important part is who the loser is as much as who won.

So like if FR/AG gets a Vulak its true that for many of the old timers/ex-AM the loot from Vulak takes a backseat to making Riot the losers. That's the real end goal of the competition.

If they can beat their arch enemy Riot then those people on the other side that Twochain was just describing, they waited all week, then all the NToV windows in the cycle, just to watch their chances of a Vulak drop snatched away for another week. AND...if their competition is strong enough, they have no actual assurance that their guild will prevail again next week.

So those things create real stakes in the game and real emotions over the limited endgame resources. It creates an environment where, as we've famously heard so much on RnF, you can deny your enemies pixels. The denial in a high stakes world is more important than the racing or who won it or even the coveted loots. Although yes of course they are also quite loot hungry too.

While I personally agree with you about the golem agreement, simply slapping a race onto a soft rotation like that doesn't provide that high stakes game of "deny the enemy" anymore so those dudes are never going to go for it on a larger scale. It only made it to reality because of the low overall value you get from golem loots most of the time vs. time invested in tracking and racing for them. It was an easy choice for every guild, but even so we now see Freedom would rather pull out of it and play spoiler. Because they don't do that zero-sum game.

The more you make agreements and rotations the more your enemy can shrug it off and say well better luck next time. Aegis is never going to win the first golem racing AG or Riot on a random Saturday at noon. But the next slot is a different opponent, maybe the spawn lines up better, maybe you have more people, and if nothing else maybe you get better loot if you got no epic off this one. You leave feeling like you at least you did win something and have more to look forward to instead of leaving feeling like a loser, and that its not what the guys insisting on competition are interested in seeing happen.

TL;dr: it's not about the competition, it's just about spite? If that's the case, why all the QQ over everyone thinking they're a bunch of dicks? It's like they are offended that people would dare come to that conclusion.

Ruhtar
12-01-2020, 07:43 PM
Permanent Character Ban is not the same thing as "Never allowed to play on p99 again"

uhhh also im pretty sure he's suspended until jan 1... so 5 weeks. lmao

IP ban is a "never allowed to play on p99 again" ban. And again, pretty easy to get around as they were probably already doing that.

So you're saying 5 weeks without even mentioning boxing? So 9 weeks is more like it? And that's assuming he's never been caught boxing before.

You're doing a great job.

Fammaden
12-01-2020, 07:48 PM
TL;dr: it's not about the competition, it's just about spite? If that's the case, why all the QQ over everyone thinking they're a bunch of dicks? It's like they are offended that people would dare come to that conclusion.

Spite is oversimplifying it. There's a fundamental culture of opposition rather than any sense of cooperation with competing guilds, so something like the golem rotation is far too friendly to gain a more widespread foothold.

Benisato
12-01-2020, 08:16 PM
I dont' think i suggested fur should be punished less because of who he is. I said Fur's suspension is right in line with other people's suspensions in the past for the same offense. If anything, in terms of GM punishment, I THINK fur's was worse than the other two people I named.

I try to avoid these RnF posts, but perhaps this isn't something people have seen..

Out of character... when he had just trained Riot during an Eashen fight the week before the top three guilds got Raid banned? Only 20 Freedom AG in zone, the mob was already engaged, the mob was dying and he was salty.. There was no "Riot Offense" train, etc to call this a repercussion for. This is just Furoars, (and potentially Crowns), acting like children because they didn't get to kill a dragon. They tried to train in attempt to stall to get more people on.

https://youtu.be/UdeYLHQwQlo

In this video Eshen is to the right.. He was looking down the Hall he just ran in from waiting for the train, and sitting on our cleric. When the train came in he was ready and watching for it and flopped. You can also hear the surprise of our kiters as a "Random Wurm" appears from no where dragging a big big train towards us.

A clear violation of the PnP...

You may not operate a guild that habitually violates these rules.
Disciplinary issues involving guilds may be addressed with the entire guild. Guilds whose members habitually violate these rules may be issued guild warnings, and can even be permanently disbanded.

Guild Leaders and/or officers may be held accountable for any actions of their guild members, in addition to any other actions that may be taken. It is therefore the responsibility of the guild leadership to ensure that all guild members abide by these rules.

Why make these rules if they are not to be followed/enforced?

Loke
12-01-2020, 10:28 PM
What makes me laugh is that you get told not to post anything about freedom but then you get freedom members like beefbroc posting crap in UN general chat but nothing happens. Seems their new guild name should be <Teflon>.

You realize you're posting in a 20+ page thread that is not only ignoring their request, but also GM bashing (implying Furoar got a light punishment because he donates - e.g. they take bribes). But Beef posting a spicy meme in UN general chat is the real ignored injustice here...:rolleyes:

Ravager
12-01-2020, 10:46 PM

Boo fucking hoo.

Praxcthius
12-01-2020, 11:13 PM
"Casuals" I am sad and my feelings got hurt cuz I play all sorts of games and i'm the best (cuz the game is designed to quickly gratify you and reward you for subpar performance). EQ should be like that so i'm gonna name call, say toxic a multitude of times, try to force compromises (in a compromise you always give up something and not always to your betterment or the betterment of others), i'm going to join discord channels and form secret cabals where we can bash the people who have ACTUALLY TAKEN THE TIME TO GET SKILLED AT THE GAME. all casuals plz just quit. go play minecraft or some other game designed for snowflakes who's mommies kept them from joining any competitive society cuz they didn't want you to get your feelings hurt. losing at anything is part of life. you can't be the best at anything the first time. you have to fucking put in the time and the effort to get better. most people give up if they don't win right away. or they complain bitch and whine, moan, badger, call names, flip the script to avert the attention they are getting due to it highlighting their very lack of skill, knowledge or ability.

Ripqozko
12-01-2020, 11:47 PM
"Casuals" I am sad and my feelings got hurt cuz I play all sorts of games and i'm the best (cuz the game is designed to quickly gratify you and reward you for subpar performance). EQ should be like that so i'm gonna name call, say toxic a multitude of times, try to force compromises (in a compromise you always give up something and not always to your betterment or the betterment of others), i'm going to join discord channels and form secret cabals where we can bash the people who have ACTUALLY TAKEN THE TIME TO GET SKILLED AT THE GAME. all casuals plz just quit. go play minecraft or some other game designed for snowflakes who's mommies kept them from joining any competitive society cuz they didn't want you to get your feelings hurt. losing at anything is part of life. you can't be the best at anything the first time. you have to fucking put in the time and the effort to get better. most people give up if they don't win right away. or they complain bitch and whine, moan, badger, call names, flip the script to avert the attention they are getting due to it highlighting their very lack of skill, knowledge or ability.

Filing under autism.

Waedawen
12-01-2020, 11:57 PM
Loraen is fucking raiding on Blue?

What happened to the whole "Raev" persona?

hobart
12-02-2020, 01:24 AM
Loraen is fucking raiding on Blue?

What happened to the whole "Raev" persona?

He's busy working on stopping a pedophilia ring being run out of the basement of a pizzeria with no basement.

Waedawen
12-02-2020, 01:31 AM
I don't even know what the fuck that's supposed to mean, buddy.

MilanderTruewield
12-02-2020, 01:56 AM
I try to avoid these RnF posts, but perhaps this isn't something people have seen..

Out of character... when he had just trained Riot during an Eashen fight the week before the top three guilds got Raid banned? Only 20 Freedom AG in zone, the mob was already engaged, the mob was dying and he was salty.. There was no "Riot Offense" train, etc to call this a repercussion for. This is just Furoars, (and potentially Crowns), acting like children because they didn't get to kill a dragon. They tried to train in attempt to stall to get more people on.

In this video Eshen is to the right.. He was looking down the Hall he just ran in from waiting for the train, and sitting on our cleric. When the train came in he was ready and watching for it and flopped. You can also hear the surprise of our kiters as a "Random Wurm" appears from no where dragging a big big train towards us.

Wow. :/

Arvan
12-02-2020, 01:59 AM

I can’t decide between making fun of this poor guy or feeling bad for him

xdrcfrx
12-02-2020, 02:04 AM

big yikes

Detoxx
12-02-2020, 02:22 AM

1. This was not on Furors. When he flops there is no aggro messages from the wyverns and they do not stop running.

2. This was not on Crowns, they dont even touch him as they run by.

3. The fraps at the end literally says "Windbardy" multiple times who, ironically, is the one who trained us at Koi.

Nice try but that train was on your own guys.

saftbudet
12-02-2020, 02:23 AM

So has Gms done or said anything more?
Or are Furoar who is a guildleader of a major raid alliances allowed to train opposing raidforces on their bots. While simultaneously boxing.

Are some players above server rules?

Detoxx
12-02-2020, 02:28 AM
4. This is a mob where the strategy is to train away everything from Eashen to the west wing in ToV. The "wurm" you speak of is the train coming back from west the Riot created from training away to engage Eashen. This is a pitiful attempt at being intentionally deceptive or; youre an idiot.

You seem like a warmbody no one in Riot so ill assume the latter.

Viscere
12-02-2020, 03:02 AM
Look at all the Criot nerds bathing in salt and antagonizing the GMs

Like this usually works well, ask Fingerz lol

tankh
12-02-2020, 03:43 AM
You realize you're posting in a 20+ page thread that is not only ignoring their request, but also GM bashing (implying Furoar got a light punishment because he donates - e.g. they take bribes). But Beef posting a spicy meme in UN general chat is the real ignored injustice here...:rolleyes:

So it’s ok for him to antagonise people with a ‘spicy’ meme.

99% of the server wants to get along it’s a shame that a few spoil it for the many.

sydbarrett25
12-02-2020, 04:05 AM

saftbudet
12-02-2020, 04:22 AM
Look at all the Criot nerds bathing in salt and antagonizing the GMs

Like this usually works well, ask Fingerz lol

Not sure why you drag in guildcalling into this, we were asked not to mock other guilds.

This is entirely about the fact Furoar was also boxing. Has this been looked into wgen deciding the fairly weak punishment of just a suspension.

Benisato
12-02-2020, 04:31 AM
1. This was not on Furors. When he flops there is no aggro messages from the wyverns and they do not stop running.

2. This was not on Crowns, they dont even touch him as they run by.

3. The fraps at the end literally says "Windbardy" multiple times who, ironically, is the one who trained us at Koi.

Nice try but that train was on your own guys.

1. Windybard never left being beside me.

2. The aggro was flopped after the aggro had been transferred to the bards, playing songs on everyone in group who got social aggro.

3. Stop making excuses.. and I am pretty sure you weren't asked for your fake list of BS instead of saying yeah.. that was bad.

4. Its stupid I have to burn resources on my computer because "Fraps or it didn't happen".

5. Grow up, or go back to WoW.

-Bye Felicia...

Praxcthius
12-02-2020, 05:01 AM
Like I said. deflect to take the attention off you when you don't want it to shine a light on how completely lazy and greedy you are. I want pixels but I don't want to put in the effort to get them. momma plz tell them to give me stuffs. > said every casual each day

Henlolizar
12-02-2020, 08:09 AM
You seem like a warmbody no one

That's not very nice :/

Benisato
12-02-2020, 08:31 AM
4. This is a mob where the strategy is to train away everything from Eashen to the west wing in ToV. The "wurm" you speak of is the train coming back from west the Riot created from training away to engage Eashen. This is a pitiful attempt at being intentionally deceptive or; youre an idiot.

You seem like a warmbody no one in Riot so ill assume the latter.

Ill take being a "warmbody no one in Riot" over being...

Well this.. any day..

https://ibb.co/16XhDtd

tankh
12-02-2020, 08:37 AM

Better to be in and warm than out in the cold.

Pint
12-02-2020, 09:25 AM
I don't even know what the fuck that's supposed to mean, buddy.

I think he's saying that loraen is a qanon nut. Guess that happens when you crunch the numbers a little too hard

Twochain
12-02-2020, 10:19 AM

Well this.. any day..

man i can't not laugh at this shit every time.. even 5 years later.

getsome
12-02-2020, 10:52 AM
I think he's saying that loraen is a qanon nut. Guess that happens when you crunch the numbers a little too hard

Shh the lizards are watching.

Detoxx
12-02-2020, 11:32 AM
1. Windybard never left being beside me.

2. The aggro was flopped after the aggro had been transferred to the bards, playing songs on everyone in group who got social aggro.

3. Stop making excuses.. and I am pretty sure you weren't asked for your fake list of BS instead of saying yeah.. that was bad.

4. Its stupid I have to burn resources on my computer because "Fraps or it didn't happen".

5. Grow up, or go back to WoW.

-Bye Felicia...

Rofl, this guy things bard song aggro transfers on players not in their group. Again, just a Riot warmbody that knows nothing about mechanics. Arcler must of taught him this response as it was the same one he gave us when Windbardy trained us at Koi.

You guys trained away those mobs to engage Eashen and the train came back and killed you as it does every time with Eashen. You dont even know the basic encounters of mobs in this game. Riot really is recruiting anybody these days.

zanderklocke
12-02-2020, 12:01 PM

I'm pretty sure Liia plays Loraen/Raev's characters now. Not sure where/what Loraen is playing in terms of gaming.

ErlickBachman
12-02-2020, 12:37 PM
Riot really is recruiting anybody these days.

Well... not just anybody. ;)

Domo
12-02-2020, 02:09 PM
is there a TL:DR yet?

Domo
12-02-2020, 02:10 PM
grrrr.

TLDR

Zekayy
12-02-2020, 03:03 PM

Well this.. any day..

lol riot keeps posting this but this was 5 years ago get some new material

Henlolizar
12-02-2020, 03:30 PM
lol riot keeps posting this but this was 5 years ago get some new material

Zekay you seem like a really nice guy (I watch AC Gamer's streams), and granted I'm just a guildless rando, but if you're asking for new material, just look five posts above yours.

I was having a blast trioing yesterday and banging out lvl 58 with a couple of awesome Freedom guys. They asked me why I was guildless but I didn't feel like explaining that "you're a warmbody nobody" doesn't seem too inviting, and when I manage to find time to play the vidya games, I sorta want to have fun and not feel like a sack of shit. Shouldn't we expect 'leaders' to set the example?