PDA

View Full Version : Offer a 1 time transfer

NPC
11-20-2020, 09:36 PM
If teal will not re-open after the stealth closing, offer accounts on green to transfer to blue. I would do this in a heart beat to avoid all this Kunark zerging. I've had enough, let these guilds fight by themselves an let the casuals go where they can actually play. They can find out who pisses further, I don't want to have to watch it.

Darkslide632
11-20-2020, 11:24 PM
Dunno what your issue is, but I've been playing casually for a week, NP.

Swish
11-21-2020, 12:03 AM
Open transfer to red only...mobs are up, camps are open. See you soon.

galach
11-21-2020, 12:21 AM

BiG SiP
11-21-2020, 12:58 AM
not

douglas1999
11-21-2020, 01:25 AM
Yes because teal was magical and different. On teal, when kunark would have launched, one elf would come up to another and say "Excuse me sir, but are you intending to kill this mob? If you are, I shant bother you."

It's everquest, people are dicks, there's a pnp and if somebody violates it petition them. I'm pretty god damn casual, *almost* 52, and I love this server.

Izmael
11-21-2020, 05:34 AM

BarnabusCollins
11-21-2020, 06:17 AM
I'll do the red xfer if you wipe red first and keep red in Kunark-only forever. Otherwise, No, you keep your lv 15 255 MR ogre SK on red and ill keep my badass on Green.

Lizard1
11-21-2020, 11:29 AM

Great post

arsenalpow
11-21-2020, 12:38 PM
A transfer to red might be interesting

Vidar
11-22-2020, 02:58 PM
I agree with OP. Green has been a big disappointment for me. I would gladly transfer all my green toons to blue.

Lizard1
11-22-2020, 05:09 PM
They will be merged one day dont worry LOL ( Nope )

magnetaress
11-22-2020, 05:24 PM
i would be ok with a zero gear zero plat naked transfer to red 1 time for people who are bergged out about green, but ur char has to leave green forever

Seducio
11-22-2020, 05:58 PM
Check back in late Feb or March.

A good chunk of folks will have moved on by then.

Disappointment typically comes with misplaced excitement.

The general mood on Green will be happier in a few short months.

Lizard1
11-22-2020, 08:12 PM
Disappointment typically comes with misplaced excitement.

Every new game since 2005 basically

Fammaden
11-22-2020, 09:25 PM
You can actually still roll new characters on blue to play too.

chevy79bu
11-23-2020, 09:52 AM
I would transfer all my toons on blue and green to Red even if they had to xfer naked. I'm tired of both green and blue. Been playing red and loving it so far.

Gustoo
11-23-2020, 12:10 PM

Gustoo
11-23-2020, 12:12 PM
I don't really see why people would take the opportunity I guess if they wanted to have fun with their new guised character somewhere that was more fun.

If they came without items it seems kinda pointless versus just leveling a toon on red.

strongNpretty
11-23-2020, 12:26 PM
Seriously.. allow to transfer to red. pleaaaaaase!!!!

Arvan
11-23-2020, 12:39 PM
Until all the de-leveled toons camped in early leveling spots are deleted or server is wiped nahh dog

chevy79bu
11-23-2020, 01:01 PM
Until all the de-leveled toons camped in early leveling spots are deleted or server is wiped nahh dog

Did not have a single issue with this in my first week. I have had a couple of pvp encounters but both times now the other player was wearing low level equipment. Mind you it was slightly better than my raw hide armor and starting weapon lol but it was not like your saying. I know this was a thing a while back but I'm not thinking people do it much anymore.

strongNpretty
11-25-2020, 12:53 PM
Red is fun, log in and try for yourselves. Don't be a sheep. It either fits your playstyle or it doesn't.. But make the decision for yourself, not cause some drugged out dude who hasn't logged in for 10 years is telling you otherwise.

This is the best i can explain it as a blue player my entire career. I met all my goals on blue i set out to complete.
-I got a toon to 60
-i finished an epic.
-Made a few alts to twink but ultimately dont have the drive to hit 60 again.

I tried green, got a cleric to 40 but ultimately couldn't finish the journey. I have a specific time frame to where i can login, which is prime time. And i never could accomplish anything.

Only option left- Try red. And i'm glad i did.. It doesn't work for everybody and i get that.. But for those in a similar situation as me, red is the answer. I treat it as my own personal green server with a "cant trust anybody" state of mind.. And it's great.. I login, and i camp what i want to camp. I'm only online for an hour or 2 anyways, so it's perfect.

The global /ooc is awesome. The lower pop really lets you learn who everybody is. Who to trust, who you can take a port from, who you shouldn't. Feels good to log in and drop a /ooc morning folks, and a buncha people you recognize respond back!

Again- red isn't for everybody. But its worth trying. Its worth finding out for yourselves. You can't just sit here and listen to forum people run their mouths.

Lizard1
11-25-2020, 01:10 PM
Dude all the people who de level twink griefed are long gone because there arent enough piggies to go to market ( not enough fun in popular zones )

Stop giving excuses, you level 20x faster on red its so much more fun

And when your max level you get to look for ways to grief tune

strongNpretty
11-25-2020, 01:25 PM
Dude all the people who de level twink griefed are long gone because there arent enough piggies to go to market ( not enough fun in popular zones )

Stop giving excuses, you level 20x faster on red its so much more fun

And when your max level you get to look for ways to grief tune

Seriously. This isn't happening. Join red for PVE, join red for PVP. Play how you want to play, join the proper guild that caters to your playstyle. No matter what server you play on, or what game you play, there are gonna be some douches along the way. You can't avoid that, but the forums is an awful representation on what's actually happening on here.

NPC
11-26-2020, 12:50 PM
Red was only ever just a very sad an sorry attempt at replicating classic Ultima Online. That was the greatest MMO unitl they introduced trammel. I never would have left to play Everquest if that never happened. If you don't know what a tank mage is, you have never played a real MMO.
The least they can do is offer the blue transfer after they ninja merged Teal with Green. That would be a reasonable request. I think everyone can agree that was a major fking over of everyone on these servers. To merge the servers with like 2 hours notice, when it had only been communicated the servers would merge when Kunark hit. Merging 3-4 months early with no notice.

Ravager
11-26-2020, 03:38 PM
Or just roll Blue.

Old_PVP
11-26-2020, 07:26 PM
Red was only ever just a very sad an sorry attempt at replicating classic Ultima Online. That was the greatest MMO unitl they introduced trammel.

I agree classic UO was great. We will never see its like again. Red was never anything like classic UO though, nor do I think that was ever their goal.

Natewest1987
11-27-2020, 03:17 AM
Yes because teal was magical and different. On teal, when kunark would have launched, one elf would come up to another and say "Excuse me sir, but are you intending to kill this mob? If you are, I shant bother you."

It's everquest, people are dicks, there's a pnp and if somebody violates it petition them. I'm pretty god damn casual, *almost* 52, and I love this server.

Teal actually was like that in the very beginning. As more people moved over it became atrocious and certain guilds made areas unplayable.

NPC
11-29-2020, 08:29 PM
I agree classic UO was great. We will never see its like again. Red was never anything like classic UO though, nor do I think that was ever their goal.

There was a player run UO shard years ago, IPY. That was actually very close to classic UO, me an my crew went there an tore it up for couple years. Most fun I had since real UO. But much like this server they started making unclassic changes an ran everyone away. This server is unfortunately feeling very much like that experience.

cd288
11-29-2020, 11:03 PM
Seriously. This isn't happening. Join red for PVE, join red for PVP. Play how you want to play, join the proper guild that caters to your playstyle. No matter what server you play on, or what game you play, there are gonna be some douches along the way. You can't avoid that, but the forums is an awful representation on what's actually happening on here.

If the guy you quoted (who has been perpetually banned on all of his previous accounts) says to play on Red, I think that tells everyone they need to know about the experience they’ll have on Red

strongNpretty
11-30-2020, 01:00 PM
If the guy you quoted (who has been perpetually banned on all of his previous accounts) says to play on Red, I think that tells everyone they need to know about the experience they’ll have on Red

Look- All i do is here try to explain my situation and my experience. There is 0 reason to try and intervene. Join if it sounds like it fits your playstyle, otherwise i see no reason to try and keep folks away from a server?

-Im a blueplayer since 2016
-Made a green toon but couldn't compete
-I felt an unhealthy urge for pixels and to reach top levels on green which my life/schedule would in no way allow me to reach.
-Went back to blue, but goals also felt unattainable, and i felt lost between the servers.
-Joined red. Felt 0, absolutely 0 urge to get top pixels and levels. Dont know why, but i just dont feel an urge.
-Red became my green server. And i found qualities on it that really cater to my casual self, and this many years in, provide a fresh twist on EQ.
-Red was a fresh start for me during my retirement phase of P99.. It's not for everybody, i get that. But for some folks like me- This was my answer

Gustoo
11-30-2020, 01:10 PM
^^ this guy gets it.

BiG SiP
11-30-2020, 01:14 PM
Post 2012 red is blue 2.0
hope this helps

Barik
11-30-2020, 01:50 PM
I don’t know why they shutdown teal in the first place, it was a stupid move. Instead lets cluster fuck one server so much. In the end there making more work for themselves with petitionquest and etc.

Tunabros
11-30-2020, 02:32 PM
green was a mistake

i miss my paladin

chevy79bu
11-30-2020, 03:41 PM

I'm in Swish, started on Red two weeks ago and have been enjoying Red more so than Blue or Green. In those two weeks I have levels easily to level 35 and have gotten several quest items that are normally on lock down on the other servers. Also it should be noted I have been in 4 leveling groups/duos so far. Also the pvp is really fun. While leveling I have been in 2 not able pvp encounters. The first one was what I would call a fair fight in terms of gear but I got 2v1 and lost. Funny thing is everyone was very nice following the fight and we joked and laughed about it as i sat next to the two of them recovering from the fight, even buffed them. Found out they were a husband and wife duo also new to the server. Now the bad, I have also seen on a few occasions some asshat in global /ooc spouting off about random garbage. Easily ignored and I moved on.

Gustoo
11-30-2020, 04:22 PM
It should be noted that even when red had population, you could still get quest items, because you couldn't AFK a computer on a cell phone connection on a spare laptop on EZMODE cash farms, because that character would be murdered.

There is a cultural and actual game play difference not just a population disparity.

Gustoo
11-30-2020, 04:26 PM
I don’t know why they shutdown teal in the first place, it was a stupid move. Instead lets cluster fuck one server so much. In the end there making more work for themselves with petitionquest and etc.

Staff shut down teal because they promised to shut down teal from the get go. The total lack of newbie mobs in vanilla was a 1 time problem that staff chose to offer a solution for. Who knows what they will do on the next time line progression server, we have like 3 years to find out. I would focus my efforts on enjoying what is on offer NOW rather than hope for something better. This advice is coming from a guy that has been BEGGING for a red99 restart now much longer than I begged for red99's creation. Take my advice and let it go.

If they kept teal around because of "over population" they might as well eliminate all of the vanilla content that doesn't offer a special reward or something. There is a lot of vanilla to go around and they just wanted to offer some alleviation for the people who were HOPING TO ACQUIRE 1 static level 1 spawn in the newbie yard.

On red guess what we grouped up and ran around mobbing the hell out of the game and so that we didn't all have to kill eachother.

Twonky
11-30-2020, 06:30 PM

Damn Swish you got almost 18k posts? Dafuq

Danth
11-30-2020, 08:35 PM
There is a lot of vanilla to go around and they just wanted to offer some alleviation for the people who were HOPING TO ACQUIRE 1 static level 1 spawn in the newbie yard.

My Green day 1 experience: 120 people in North Qeynos, nothing available, people arguing/etc. Walk twenty feet, zone into the catacombs, 8 people in zone, level up no problem. Over-populated cash camps is one thing (there are only so many such areas) but a lot of the trouble with overpopulated leveling zones is that many players seem unwilling to venture off the standard experience highway.

Teal was fun for the brief period it existed. While its early removal was something of a disappointment, staff was pretty up-front that an eventual merge was the plan from the start. Can't really complain overmuch.

Danth

Tunabros
11-30-2020, 09:02 PM
Damn Swish you got almost 18k posts? Dafuq

he was there from the start

cd288
11-30-2020, 11:51 PM
My Green day 1 experience: 120 people in North Qeynos, nothing available, people arguing/etc. Walk twenty feet, zone into the catacombs, 8 people in zone, level up no problem. Over-populated cash camps is one thing (there are only so many such areas) but a lot of the trouble with overpopulated leveling zones is that many players seem unwilling to venture off the standard experience highway.

Teal was fun for the brief period it existed. While its early removal was something of a disappointment, staff was pretty up-front that an eventual merge was the plan from the start. Can't really complain overmuch.

Danth

Yeah shocker that day one of Green launch would be absolutely packed

cd288
11-30-2020, 11:52 PM

Found the guy who would prefer instances

Danth
12-01-2020, 12:44 AM
Yeah shocker that day one of Green launch would be absolutely packed

That very reality was the main reason I made sure I played Green on day 1. We never had that kind of madhouse rush on Blue because the server population was so small (barely over 100 total) when it first opened. Watching the torch-wielding gangs running around ganking anything that moved and all the assorted mayhem was something much different than the usual for P99.

Danth