Yizzben
Yscar
Zadomus
Zerix
Zingzang
Zonkers
Ztolen
Zyrcon

/auction WTB Gnoll Scrolls -- Trade 50pp/ea or donating for rots -- Coming to YOU!

Thank you all who heeded the call! Some of you, I only got to buy a few from. Others went above and beyond the call of duty. You know who you are! <3 <3 <3

Bondrake
11-19-2020, 03:29 PM
You must have had a toxic and unstable upbringing. Constantly seeking attention since you receive none in reality. You are beyond pathetic.

Castle2.0
11-19-2020, 03:36 PM
You must have had a toxic and unstable upbringing. Constantly seeking attention since you receive none in reality. You are beyond pathetic.

Thank you Bondrake, you're going on my list of naysayers to list and thank individually as I make future achievements. Congratulations.

2 parent home. Had great siblings. Dad came to every soccer practice and game. Mom was an all-star mom. Loving home. Parents still together. No major sicknesses in immediately family. No abuse, no drugs, no incarceration. Grew up in the greatest country on earth. Sorry to disappoint, not sorry. We can continue this in RnF if you like - but let's leave some space for some gratitude in this thread.

Also, this thread isn't about me. It's about them. But I guess as a member of my fanclub, I can't blame you for trying to make it about me :D

magnetaress
11-19-2020, 03:56 PM
Eq is about emergent game play.

Caste was neither toxic nor rude. He respected consent and compensated people. Was patient and thoughtful.

If you can't handle that, re-evaluate your priorities. Or try red.

strongNpretty
11-19-2020, 04:02 PM
Yeah try red, try red!!!!

BiG SiP
11-19-2020, 04:19 PM
player plays the game within the existing rule set

No, not like that.
-GMs

Tunabros
11-19-2020, 04:26 PM
Everyone in South Karana knows the tale of Rallospeck!

Castle2.0
11-19-2020, 04:52 PM
Tunabros, don't reveal my secret identity!

Thanks for the support elf pals! After my quest exp grind endeavor, I kind of feel like this (https://youtu.be/yRhRZB-nqOU?t=128) right now, with all the support.

Bardp1999
11-19-2020, 04:55 PM
My gut instinct is to rip into OP and call him names, but I honestly kind of support his nerdism and how he prepared for Kunark. Its pretty lame that the powers that be are cock blocking him unclassically

Tunabros
11-19-2020, 04:56 PM
damn Im seeing so many familiar names

how rich are you??

Skarne
11-19-2020, 05:09 PM

Why do you have to be so mean? Let the guy do his thing who the fuck cares. And you’re welcome castle2.0 my names on the list.

percepshin
11-19-2020, 05:16 PM
Hello! This is Avino, level 38 Human Paladin of Karana. I spent many nights keeping the Rainkeeper's plains clear of danger around Splitpaw spire slaying gnolls.

Visits to Qeynos were infrequent as the long journey often gave me marching fatigue. I was able to sell many scrolls at all hours to rich adventurers and certainly the high demand meant excellent fee for service! These proceeds funded my eventual purchase of a Baton of Faith, something I can use to continue doing the work of Karana's faithful all over Norrath.

As you have thanked me, I come here to thank you as well for the business.

Tunabros
11-19-2020, 05:29 PM
[list=1]
25. Azile

No need to thank me :rolleyes:

BiG SiP
11-19-2020, 05:32 PM
Thanks for the support elf pals!

Shanebear
11-19-2020, 05:42 PM
I'm on this list. What did I do? I swear I've been mostly good!

Castle2.0
11-19-2020, 06:02 PM
My gut instinct is to rip into OP and call him names, but I honestly kind of support his nerdism and how he prepared for Kunark. Its pretty lame that the powers that be are cock blocking him unclassicallyAppreciate it, and agree. It felt like Christmas got delayed 1-month.

how rich are you??Ya, you were leveling in SK/paw around the same time as these people. I was on the Scroll Toll from late August to end of October.

As you have thanked me, I come here to thank you as well for the business. Glad to hear it! I didn't buy a ton from you, but glad you were able to that rod from all the scrolls you sold!

*cringe meme* Hard pass, but appreciate the memery.

I'm on this list. What did I do? I swear I've been mostly good! You must have traded a scroll to me at some point. Unless you gave me the fake scroll with the same name!? Log file cannot tell the difference.

greatdane
11-19-2020, 06:24 PM
Unsure why my level 34 DaP alt is on the list, but cheers!

Castle2.0
11-19-2020, 06:27 PM
Unsure why my level 34 DaP alt is on the list, but cheers! If you're curious, you can tell me their name I can give you the details.

Oh BTW,

'Hi [YOURNAME] I am buying gnoll scrolls for 50pp - I am right next you to... creeping around... and maybe dropping buffs on you too =)' I can't count how many people to whom I sent this tell. If you're on the list, chances are you received it :D

Shanebear
11-19-2020, 06:30 PM
You must have traded a scroll to me at some point. Unless you gave me the fake scroll with the same name!? Log file cannot tell the difference.

Ooooh, yeah that makes sense.

Castle2.0
11-19-2020, 06:37 PM
Unsure why my level 34 DaP alt is on the list, but cheers!

[Wed Sep 16 22:51:50 2020] Telpirion has offered you a Tanned Split Paw Skin.
[Wed Sep 16 22:51:56 2020] You thank Telpirion heartily.

Unless my source @ <Gnomish Intelligence> has turned up a false positive.

greatdane
11-19-2020, 06:40 PM
Niels

Castle2.0
11-19-2020, 07:38 PM
Ah, you weren't 34 at that time or were anonymous, but now I remember...

Niels! My precious child a grown halfing now! I remember the first time I laid eyes on you, September 21, 2020, a small halfling druid of the 11th season.

You were such an uppity young halfling. Shouting back at the shire "I'M GOING ON AN ADVENTURE!" as you left for the Karanas. I knew one day I would find myself in confederacy with such one halfling, or at least cross paths on various highways of adventure.

You grew in strength over the course of your journey, until one day you found a scroll on a gnoll. Your countryman, Rallospeck, was on a quest and it seemed good to you to help you fellow halfling and make some money doing it.

I believe it was mid-October, you told me, 'I have volume 2'

Intrigued by what kind of quest would possess a halfling to go to such lengths you opened the scroll and read for yourself...

'It's pretty grim if you actually read it,' you said. You continued, 'The gnolls are more eloquent than you'd think'

After our short, yet pleasant conversation, we met at the rings of Northern Karana and made our exchange

*Niels has offered you a Tanned Split Paw Skin*

I bowed in thanks. You smiled. We parted ways disappearing into separate portals.

The last I saw of my countryman Niels was opening and closing mystical portals around Norrath and selling a Chrysoberyl Talisman. Yet behold, our paths cross again. Hail, and well met! Thank you for helping me in my quest!

greatdane
11-19-2020, 07:41 PM
Hah, I remember that now. Those gnoll scrolls are grim reading.

Volume 2 - History of the Verishe Mal

Our forefathers gave us many tasks to better us. We learned the way of the sword, and the way of magiks. At each test we proved victorious, and for a time, quite prosperous. In time, we grew to be a large race, and created a ruthless empire that spanned many a mile. Our worth was broken down into a caste system, and many were made slaves.

Rosher
11-19-2020, 07:52 PM
Ohh, is this what started the server wide quest xp ban for one month?
If anyone wants to know the official word on this, the GM's have spoken in a previous thread about how its not how they want the game to be played.

But yeah hats off to the guy who tried to plan.

normal
11-19-2020, 08:01 PM
How was this supposed to work? Did you corpse hundreds of gnoll scrolls in Qeynos?

Lizard1
11-19-2020, 08:36 PM
Canadian try hards

Castle2.0
11-19-2020, 08:56 PM
Hah, I remember that now. Those gnoll scrolls are grim reading.
Ya, the lore is quite interesting.

How was this supposed to work? Did you corpse hundreds of gnoll scrolls in Qeynos? "1000 lights, 1000 scrolls... 1000 corpses, 1000 souls." That's the prophecy anyhow. But before performing the ritual to raise Azmaveth from the dead, the scrolls are being stored by an army of young necromancers. Nearly 700 in total, all in the Qeynos area. They hold the secrets of the prophecy for now until Edvard Tommels can piece them together for the final ritual. O the secrets to be revealed!

Canadian try hards

I was born and raised in the land of the free and home of the brave. I bleed red white and blue. But I do love my Canadian wife <3

Malykor
11-19-2020, 09:43 PM
Very welcome! (Woot, I'm on there twice)

Jibartik
11-19-2020, 09:43 PM
I always felt bad every time you sent me a tell that you were looking to buy scrolls when i was like "ok will let you know!" but was there for exp lol I just told you that enough that I made a hotkey /r ok will let you know thx for sow!

And I see that all that effort on my part and I still didn't make the list!

adichi
11-19-2020, 10:32 PM

how rich are you??

rich enough to buy 367+ scrolls apparently

also never knew you were rallospeck, you're a great dude always appreciated your buffs

Malykor
11-19-2020, 10:34 PM
Pretty sure it's triple that

pivo
11-19-2020, 10:42 PM
Ha, I'm on the list :)

I'm glad I was part of your idea, experiment, and I'm sorry you were stopped, well postponed. You put a lot of effort into this, you are well organized, and I can't wait to see the end result and explanation, what and how you did it.

malcies
11-19-2020, 11:23 PM
Interested to see how this turns out Castle :)
Certainly a neat use of mechanics...

oh, and you put my kids through college lol

-Isfas, Izfas, Sozyn

Castle2.0
11-20-2020, 09:56 AM
And I see that all that effort on my part and I still didn't make the list! Sorry, counted scroll trades only!

never knew you were rallospeck, you're a great dude always appreciated your buffs Thanks! I couldn't let people know I am Rallospeck. As you can imagine, this would really cut against my forum personal brand. The homies would think I was going soft ;)

I'm glad I was part of your idea, experiment, and I'm sorry you were stopped, well postponed. You put a lot of effort into this, you are well organized, and I can't wait to see the end result and explanation, what and how you did it. Thank you! Hopefully in a little over 2 weeks we can give this thing wings!

Very welcome! (Woot, I'm on there twice) Great! Some people really liked the karanas/paw area and ran multiple toons through that area.

oh, and you put my kids through college lol

-Isfas, Izfas, Sozyn I recognize all 3 of those names and you would know why. Excellent!

I first saw Izfas on the plains of Norther Karana in the early morning of August 15. You were a a gnomish magician of the 12th summoning. I saw you later that evening in Southern Qeynos. You were buying spells and training up your magician skills with Yestura Rhamrey. You had already gained 4 more levels!

I didn't see you for WEEKS. I saw you in Splitpaw as a 40th level magician on September 4. You had already surpassed me in levels! 5 days later on September 9 you were level 48! Leveling maniac! Killing it in the Ishva area.

I bought 5 scrolls from Izfas.

After you got Izfas up you rolled an enchanter. Decided to go the high elf route this time. Maybe get a new perspective on the world? ;)

September 16: Isfas tells you, 'Lol, you still hustlin eh :P'

Took a little over a week, but by September 25 I started buying scrolsl from Isfas. Only bought 3, but it helped me pay my scroll toll to reach my quest goal!

Sozyn was your next toon you rolled. Ogre Shaman.

Oct 6: Level 21
Oct 18: Level 26

Bought 2 scrolls from him.

Thank you for the 10 scrolls you sold me!

I was like a fixture in the NK/SK/paw/Qeynos area. I was always 39/40 so I got to see people killing in wisps in NK one week, aviaks the next week, then paw the following week. It was kind of an interesting experience to feel almost part of the "fixed" world and see everyone moving around that fixed point.

gl0ri0s0
11-20-2020, 01:26 PM
Thank you Rallospeck. You always ran all the way to SK chickens or the ruins at the bottom of SK to make a sale and give me money and a SOW! Gotta love a good salesman!

Gizelda Kablooie

Nagoya
11-20-2020, 02:05 PM
Grew up in the greatest country on earth.

I was super excited to try to guess, but then I saw you're just a delusionnal yank lol. poor guy.

BiG SiP
11-20-2020, 02:58 PM
3rd world nation

Lizard1
11-20-2020, 05:25 PM
I first saw Izfas on the plains of Norther Karana in the early morning of August 15. You were a a gnomish magician of the 12th summoning. I saw you later that evening in Southern Qeynos. You were buying spells and training up your magician skills with Yestura Rhamrey. You had already gained 4 more levels!

I didn't see you for WEEKS. I saw you in Splitpaw as a 40th level magician on September 4. You had already surpassed me in levels! 5 days later on September 9 you were level 48! Leveling maniac! Killing it in the Ishva area.

Dude your a sick individual

Castle2.0
11-20-2020, 05:42 PM
Dude your a sick individual

*you're

Thank you. I hand type everything out in a .txt file that happens in game. With a timestamp. It's a challenge, but I am fast typer. I then go line by line to find this info. I even label by character and server! eqlog_Rallospeck_P1999Green.txt for example.

Kind of my hobby ya know?

I just wish EQ had a logging function you can set and forget about, and that Wordpad had a search function. That'd be like some futuristic technology.

malcies
11-20-2020, 05:47 PM
LOL I actually appreciate it Castle...
I remember leveling fast, but dang, that was a good rip..
:)

- Izfas

Jibartik
11-20-2020, 06:03 PM
rallospek that was the name lol loved it

Lizard1
11-20-2020, 08:14 PM
Notepad has a search function,,,, you can enable logging and it logs everything

Castle2.0
11-20-2020, 09:07 PM
Notepad has a search function,,,, you can enable logging and it logs everything Amazing, and here I've been hand typing my logs and searching them line by line manually for ages. Thanks for the tip!

BiG SiP
11-20-2020, 09:14 PM
https://i.imgur.com/NGn2sIL.gif

adichi
11-21-2020, 02:46 AM
Sorry, counted scroll trades only!

Thanks! I couldn't let people know I am Rallospeck. As you can imagine, this would really cut against my forum personal brand. The homies would think I was going soft ;)

i was the guy who tried to hide a scroll on the floor and sell you one, you caught me but still gave me full price on it :)
appreciated your money and support friend

EricaOgre
11-21-2020, 03:50 AM
I’m on the list. Whee. Thanks for the coin and I hope you can use em all.

BlackBellamy
11-21-2020, 11:53 AM
Have you considered PL services? I mean obvious question I think it would take a lot less time and effort and certainly less plat and definitely less jerking around all the mules and corpses and whatever storing your scrolls. I mean you could just drop off your level one with the PL crew and pick them up later?

Castle2.0
11-21-2020, 11:54 AM
i was the guy who tried to hide a scroll on the floor and sell you one, you caught me but still gave me full price on it :)
appreciated your money and support friend

Haha, yes, one of the cunning ones! I remember :D

I’m on the list. Whee. Thanks for the coin and I hope you can use em all.
Thank you, and me too!

Have you considered PL services? Short answer, too slow for a record.

Money, time, and certainly hassle would be way less for PL + leaching exp, but to fastest do 1-60 - when toon is created to DING 60! - this is the way!

DoodyLich666
11-21-2020, 02:12 PM
I approve of your efforts to level a speech/trade character. I don’t get what is so game breaking about it. It seems like this all took way more planning and effort than actually just leveling up a character the “approved” way.

Frug
11-21-2020, 03:38 PM
player plays the game within the existing rule set

No, not like that.
-GMs

Totally classic; don't forget "The Vision".

Xandria
11-21-2020, 04:21 PM
Funny how after 20 years there are still so many poopsockers that need to get a Minor achievement on an emulated copy of a game to make themselves feel special....

And if some one dare plan ahead to take that from them then you must fuck over the other 90% of the players......

Honestly the majority of the sever don't care about the firsts. Just turn the damn quests back on because that is classic.

It's what the majority of players want

And let us know when castle does the hand ins so we can go watch ��

Skarne
11-21-2020, 06:46 PM
I still can’t believe they disabled quest xp on a game called Everquest.

BiG SiP
11-21-2020, 06:52 PM
NeverQuest

White_knight
11-21-2020, 09:14 PM
Wait are these lore? And you have 350+.

My man.

feniin
11-21-2020, 09:49 PM
Really, really sad for you, Castle.

Castle2.0
11-21-2020, 11:46 PM
Thanks all. I hope to make some sort of video or post with screenshots. Should be fun.

White_knight, 350+ people, I got way more scrolls than that. You can hold up to 4 scrolls per person (there are 4 versions of the lore scroll)

Fennel, I feel bad you aren't a part of one of the coolest stories of Green so far ^_^

Bondrake
11-23-2020, 02:19 PM
Thank you Bondrake, you're going on my list of naysayers to list and thank individually as I make future achievements. Congratulations.

2 parent home. Had great siblings. Dad came to every soccer practice and game. Mom was an all-star mom. Loving home. Parents still together. No major sicknesses in immediately family. No abuse, no drugs, no incarceration. Grew up in the greatest country on earth. Sorry to disappoint, not sorry. We can continue this in RnF if you like - but let's leave some space for some gratitude in this thread.

Also, this thread isn't about me. It's about them. But I guess as a member of my fanclub, I can't blame you for trying to make it about me :D

You're not fooling anyone bud.

strongNpretty
11-23-2020, 02:31 PM
Jesus Christ hahaha..

Castle2.0
11-23-2020, 05:31 PM
You're not fooling anyone bud.Nice try pal, you ain't hoodwinking anyone.