PDA

View Full Version : Best Class for WFH

FatherSioux
11-02-2020, 10:42 PM
Just landed a new job that will be primarily WFH(Working from Home). Wondering what the thoughts are around what class takes advantage of the ability to play long hours but perhaps not as active and diligently.

My first thought is a necro due to FD. Maybe a Wizard who can blow the mana bar and then med etc.

Any remote workers have any tips for me in my new position?

Scalem
11-02-2020, 10:47 PM
Necro, wiz, Druid, mage. All four can easily be played semi afk and level solo quite easily.

Baler
11-02-2020, 10:49 PM
I'd lean towards necro. Being able to FD is awesome.
I've seen cases where a necro or monk has been FD for hours and hours with mobs nearby (that don't AOE)

Jibartik
11-02-2020, 10:52 PM
Nice dude! Yea I'd say necro is a strong contender, being able to hit FD while soloing during a slack message is both invaluable and not a skill I practice daily incase anyone I know is reading these boards.

Tunabros
11-02-2020, 10:52 PM
NECRO!!!

because if u really busy just FD and afk

Jibartik
11-02-2020, 10:54 PM
Just whatever you do, dont hit "accept call" with the camera turned on, before you have made sure any NPC spells land, or people gonna wonder wtf you freaking out about.

feniin
11-02-2020, 10:56 PM
#1 has to be Necro. Monk will also be fine in Kunark. Can solo and AFK whenever you want without worry.

adichi
11-02-2020, 11:15 PM
i'd say wizard man, blow your mana on burning one mob then just chill for a few minutes, plus you can make money with ports and actually do some crazy damage if you ever wanted to make it into raids

Fammaden
11-02-2020, 11:18 PM
The problem with necro is as you get higher its more and more efficient to be killing constantly and constantly liching health. You don't really kill one and med for a long time before the next one, and lich gets quicker and quicker to possibly kill you.

Shaman also starts to get super busy with managing canni and killing.

Wiz and druid are by far the best if you are trying to work>kill>work>kill, quad/med afk/repeat.

If you are working from home and actually need to WORK and just swap over here and there quadding wins. If you are working from home and are usually slacking off and just need to be able to swap to take care of stuff as it happens, then necro wins for FD and ability to kill at a greater pace when needed.

FatherSioux
11-02-2020, 11:37 PM
I'm leaning toward playing what I had already started on green which is a main enchanter for when I can focus and then I have a lowbie wizard who I can afk blast and play that game on. Plus porting while really busy and making plat that way is a good plan.

Thanks for the confirmation bias!

Baler
11-02-2020, 11:44 PM
I'm leaning toward playing what I had already started on green which is a main enchanter for when I can focus and then I have a lowbie wizard who I can afk blast and play that game on. Plus porting while really busy and making plat that way is a good plan.

Thanks for the confirmation bias!

Hope you made a DE Wizard for that sweet afk Racial Hide (not ivu)

Also it's not a Bias, you asked a question with very precise requirements. People gave their honest opinion tailored to fit your question :)

ClephNote
11-03-2020, 12:15 AM
1. Something that can feign death.
2. Something that can hide/sneak.
3. Something that can hide.

Now you can play, then leave pretty much completely unattended while you work/meet/call.

FatherSioux
11-03-2020, 12:19 AM
Hope you made a DE Wizard for that sweet afk Racial Hide (not ivu)

Also it's not a Bias, you asked a question with very precise requirements. People gave their honest opinion tailored to fit your question :)

Male Blueberry dropping bombs

Exard3k
11-03-2020, 03:06 AM
I recommend Wizard. For the very reason you already mentioned: nuke your mana down to 0, then med. Not much to worry about really. Solo there are lots of very interesting static spawns you can take. And Wizards blow up stuff the fastest of all classes. Means you're tabbing out faster too.

Just an example from my lvl 48 wizard....hill giants: 4x nuke + root = around 25sec, then med/wait for 6:40min.

Just make sure you got some +int gear so you can blow 2-3 blue mobs in a camp with one mana bar. For this "playstyle", int is actually important. In group, you can run around naked, no problem.

edit: dark elf is nice because of hide. Invis is somewhat unreliable to guard you between kills.

Zipity
11-03-2020, 03:26 AM
Your JoB productivity is about to take a huge hit if you main an enchanter.

charmcitysking
11-03-2020, 07:22 AM
grats on your new job as a full-time p99 player

derpcake2
11-03-2020, 07:33 AM
Monk is underrated in this thread.

You can FD a monk at any time with very little loss. Cancelling a quad kite 80% in, not so much.

Knuckle
11-03-2020, 09:35 AM
Just landed a new job that will be primarily WFH(Working from Home). Wondering what the thoughts are around what class takes advantage of the ability to play long hours but perhaps not as active and diligently.

My first thought is a necro due to FD. Maybe a Wizard who can blow the mana bar and then med etc.

Any remote workers have any tips for me in my new position?

Druids are great. Just find a static camp, nuke and med. Port for free money and no active awareness travelling after level 24. Just port and ur 2 zones away from your destination. Healing/Buffing/Sow gives you the edge over wizard for safe afk play.

Necro is probably even better for w hat u can solo, but I can camp HG's just fine on a 6:40 timer while putting in 9 hrs at work.

DeathByCactus
11-04-2020, 11:18 PM
I leveled my shaman almost entirely at work. Claiming camps and expanding camps with duo/trios. Kept it small, manageable, and consistent. It doesn't take much to slow a mob, then heal a monk.

crossplay
11-04-2020, 11:33 PM
Wizard

Seducio
11-04-2020, 11:41 PM
Cleric.

Everyone wants you which is the equivalent of always having 'fuck you money' in eq.

SuprLazr
11-06-2020, 11:01 AM
Wizard, I started one in August and Im WFH and it's super easy. Ports are nice to have. I chose DE because of the hide and afk ability. Look up the 6 min bard diet. Blow mana bar, med, repeat.