PDA

View Full Version : Kunark Release... when exactly?

Deliverator
10-29-2020, 12:49 AM
Are we ever going to get a kunark release date? Or are you going to, rather unclassically, spring it on us suddenly?

Tunabros
10-29-2020, 12:50 AM
rumors say its around november 6th

but we'll have to see

its close tho

I can feel it

Strifer
10-29-2020, 12:53 AM
Kunark for the holidays!

Tunabros
10-29-2020, 12:54 AM
Kunark for the holidays!

I would love to play kunark in the holidays with a nice cup of hot coco

while guilds yell at each over trak and VS

Strifer
10-29-2020, 12:56 AM
I would love to play kunark in the holidays with a nice cup of hot coco

while guilds yell at each over trak and VS

I like that idea. Cheers to that homie

Soothsayer
10-29-2020, 12:14 PM
It's a little obnoxious that there's no officially announced release date with Kunark ostensibly less than a month away, and possibly just a week away if the wiki timeline (https://wiki.project1999.com/Timeline) holds true. Feels like we're just going to wake up one day and Kunark will be added in with no announcement or anything.

Zipity
10-29-2020, 12:27 PM
It's a little obnoxious that there's no officially announced release date with Kunark ostensibly less than a month away, and possibly just a week away if the wiki timeline (https://wiki.project1999.com/Timeline) holds true. Feels like we're just going to wake up one day and Kunark will be added in with no announcement or anything.

Anyone tried to take the boat from oasis recently lol?

Nomadic Plainswalker
10-29-2020, 12:49 PM
Heard some seemingly 'knowledgable' players in OOT yesterday tallking about this. That the date is now no sooner than 11/13. A week after 'plan', and possibly not until, GASP 12/24!

Castle2.0
10-29-2020, 01:02 PM
Fake news.

Fammaden
10-29-2020, 01:19 PM
They absolutely should launch it on 12/24, see how many people value Green99 over their marriages and families.

Soothsayer
10-29-2020, 02:50 PM
They absolutely should launch it on 12/24, see how many people value Green99 over their marriages and families.

Getting ahead of the curve to monopolize limited content and deny others progress is the ultimate life goal of a significant fraction of this community. It's literally what they eat, sleep, and breathe. Marriage? Family? Holidays? Occupations? What the hell is all of that nonsense? Not important.

Batty
10-29-2020, 05:48 PM
Heard some seemingly 'knowledgable' players in OOT yesterday tallking about this. That the date is now no sooner than 11/13. A week after 'plan', and possibly not until, GASP 12/24!

I heard some 'knowledgeable' players saying sol ro would be delayed. Took time off to get my guise but since it was delayed and my wife had just got IP exemption helped her level instead. That was a fun server wide message to see...

I really hope they make an official announcement. It's pretty unclassic to not know when its coming or be able to plan.

galach
10-29-2020, 06:01 PM
Only Rog/Bog know. Stop speculating.

Zwieback
10-29-2020, 06:17 PM
Whats wrong with that Rog/Bog? Back im classic we always knew when expansions are
coming.

astrological
10-29-2020, 06:18 PM
They never said they wouldn't announce it either. Maybe they actually don't have a solid date and don't want to tell people something and backtrack on it.

Zwieback
10-29-2020, 06:22 PM
Yea they generally never say anything.

Baler
10-29-2020, 06:46 PM
I really hope they do a proper front page announcement.
It could be better if they attempted a news site circuit but I'm happy with the pop we have now.
Kunark population is going to be nuts on green. Godspeed to the guides/staff.

This^

Tunabros
10-29-2020, 06:56 PM

Yah maybe we should all just be patient lol

if we can poopsock shit then we can easily wait for this

Sabin76
10-29-2020, 07:00 PM
To those that say they should announce it because we knew in advance when it was coming back in the day... did you also know exactly what was in every zone? Which areas would be great XP? Which camps would be incredibly lucrative? Which items you needed to get within a certain time frame before they were removed?

I feel like they are keeping us in the dark for a very specific reason: it's the only control they have over our knowledge of Kunark (besides completely changing everything about it), and that's going to make it as classic as it can be.

Albanwr
10-29-2020, 09:28 PM
if it was not coming on 11/06 we would have heard about it. Its also just a command that they need to run so don't need server down time like back in the day.

"but its so not classic not to know" can we stop using that as an excuse?

Zekayy
10-29-2020, 09:35 PM
November 6th confirmed on rogeans post here https://www.project1999.com/forums/showthread.php?t=337073 watch the video

Zekayy
10-29-2020, 09:36 PM

no we know here https://www.project1999.com/forums/showthread.php?t=337073 from rogean himself november 6th

Zekayy
10-29-2020, 09:37 PM
I heard some 'knowledgeable' players saying sol ro would be delayed. Took time off to get my guise but since it was delayed and my wife had just got IP exemption helped her level instead. That was a fun server wide message to see...

I really hope they make an official announcement. It's pretty unclassic to not know when its coming or be able to plan.

its offical here bud https://www.project1999.com/forums/showthread.php?t=337073 in the video

Baler
10-29-2020, 09:39 PM
no we know here https://www.project1999.com/forums/showthread.php?t=337073 from rogean himself november 6th

That has been changed in the past btw, at the moment there is no 100% confirmation that's the date.
Also please don't triple post.

Mayge
10-29-2020, 10:04 PM
if it was not coming on 11/06 we would have heard about it. Its also just a command that they need to run so don't need server down time like back in the day.

"but its so not classic not to know" can we stop using that as an excuse?

I have my doubts it's that simple. I'd imagine they'd at least need to do a server restart. and if it is still on track for 11/06 what's the harm the harm in confirming it?

Scalem
10-29-2020, 10:09 PM
I have my doubts it's that simple. I'd imagine they'd at least need to do a server restart. and if it is still on track for 11/06 what's the harm the harm in confirming it?

They’ve said in the past just like with temple and sky everything is already there they just have to do some hacker code stuff and release it. No restarts necessary.

Mayge
10-29-2020, 10:26 PM
Kunark will add changes to already existing zones though.

Nomadic Plainswalker
10-29-2020, 10:37 PM

Amen to the not so simple part. Ridiculous how so many want to minimize the effort involved while having no real idea about how it actually works.

douglas1999
10-29-2020, 11:04 PM
Yeah I'm not sure why people think it's necessarily just "beep boop push kunark button". That is kind of a loose generalization of what the initial intention was for the post-blue server, but that doesn't mean it's that easy on a technical level, not to mention considering how to devise systems that will account for emergent player behavior. Deciding which camps to /list and which not to (and the necessary labor and coding for those), how the strain of constant petitions might impact the all-volunteer csr staff and how\where to take steps to mitigate petitions for that reason. There are two guys steering the ship for the thousands of people who play here (for free). Maybe cut them some slack.

Zekayy
10-30-2020, 12:20 AM
That has been changed in the past btw, at the moment there is no 100% confirmation that's the date.
Also please don't triple post.

where exactly has it been changed?

Lutomorf
10-30-2020, 01:09 AM
Yeah I'm not sure why people think it's necessarily just "beep boop push kunark button". That is kind of a loose generalization of what the initial intention was for the post-blue server, but that doesn't mean it's that easy on a technical level, not to mention considering how to devise systems that will account for emergent player behavior. Deciding which camps to /list and which not to (and the necessary labor and coding for those), how the strain of constant petitions might impact the all-volunteer csr staff and how\where to take steps to mitigate petitions for that reason. There are two guys steering the ship for the thousands of people who play here (for free). Maybe cut them some slack.

Well said!

Fammaden
10-30-2020, 06:40 AM
They have to get ready to re-open Teal and allow all the server moves for only former Teal players too.

BarnabusCollins
10-30-2020, 06:58 AM
There's about a 35% chance it's Nov 6, and 65% a later date. Changes nothing for me grind grind grind.

Exard3k
10-30-2020, 07:06 AM
There's about a 35% chance it's Nov 6, and 65% a later date. Changes nothing for me grind grind grind.

What higher level of mathematics made you make that assumption?

BarnabusCollins
10-30-2020, 07:19 AM
I think they want it to be Nov 6 but haven't ironed out all the final details concerning Green99 Kunark code/mechanics yet. GM told me one of the things they want to do is add FTE zonewide tags to a list of mobs. The rumor from OOT is probably true - Nov 13th or later.

charmcitysking
10-30-2020, 07:42 AM
where exactly has it been changed?

Release dates for certain content on Green have changed already - that's why people are querying this.

Plane of Hate dropped early and Plane of Sky dropped later than stated on the wiki.

OuterChimp
10-30-2020, 08:49 AM
What if Kunark is already out and nobody checked to see if the boat docks in Oasis already?

BlackBellamy
10-30-2020, 09:12 AM
https://imgur.com/fDFXRJE.jpg

Tunabros
10-30-2020, 11:57 AM
https://imgur.com/fDFXRJE.jpg

:rolleyes:

Scalem
10-30-2020, 12:41 PM
Release dates for certain content on Green have changed already - that's why people are querying this.

Plane of Hate dropped early and Plane of Sky dropped later than stated on the wiki.

Sky dropped later because Seal Team camped the summon corpse mob for weeks without letting anyone else have a chance at getting the spell. After it became a list they had to give people a chance to get it so they could actually compete in sky.

Mayge
10-31-2020, 06:47 PM
Speaking of sky, did they announce before the expected release date it was on hold? And if so, how long before the date?

I wish there was something concrete though. the economy is in complete shambles because of uncertainty.

Scalem
10-31-2020, 07:18 PM
Speaking of sky, did they announce before the expected release date it was on hold? And if so, how long before the date?

I wish there was something concrete though. the economy is in complete shambles because of uncertainty.

It was like a week or so before the release date when they made the announcement that it would be delayed.

Cen
11-01-2020, 12:44 PM
The official green trailer has a kunark date.

BarnabusCollins
11-01-2020, 01:13 PM
Kunark: Friday, November 6th, 2020

Velious: July 2, 2021

Via Green Trailer.

Nomadic Plainswalker
11-01-2020, 01:15 PM
We'll find out Friday.

BlackBellamy
11-01-2020, 02:03 PM
Kunark was released 405 days after Everquest launched.

December 3rd 2020 is 405 days after Green opened.

Any deviation from that date will mean the FINAL DESTRUCTION OF THE CLASSIC TIMELINE.

Do you want that? Do you really want that?

Zwieback
11-01-2020, 02:32 PM
nothing is classic here anyways. bring velious before kunark!

Noselacri
11-01-2020, 02:34 PM
It was like a week or so before the release date when they made the announcement that it would be delayed.

I think it was more like ten days.

Bigcountry23
11-01-2020, 02:49 PM
I wish we would get an official announcement. I have a week of PTO earmarked for it and my boss is pressuring me to decide where it's going.

zaneosak
11-01-2020, 03:55 PM
They announced sky only cuz it was delayed. I would go with Nov 6 unless they announce

Tiger_King
11-01-2020, 11:43 PM
Given the sheer number of new top tier items would it be feasible that there might be 15+Diff items on lists when kunark drops? I hardly see anyone mention what items would be listed whereas green launch had some items very well defined/expected as list

douglas1999
11-02-2020, 01:09 AM
I think the spirit of the lists was mainly for legacy items that stop dropping, so I'd expect the same criteria to apply for kunark items. However they did turn summon corpse into a list camp based on emergent player behavior so who the hell knows. I don't see there just being lists for every highly sought after item period, that seems antithetical to the core principles of the whole project

Castle2.0
11-02-2020, 01:23 AM
Summon Corpse was being monopolized by 1 guild and it's a clutch spell for PoSky.

I am guessing for locket, fungus stick, and a few others there will be a /list

Tunabros
11-02-2020, 02:30 AM
Summon Corpse was being monopolized by 1 guild and it's a clutch spell for PoSky.

I am guessing for locket, fungus stick, and a few others there will be a /list

lol I want kunark already for call of the hero

spending 200p+ for a coffin is making me broke :eek:

Fammaden
11-02-2020, 07:13 AM
You can't coth in sky.

Exard3k
11-02-2020, 08:28 AM
I was able to make an Iksar. Cabilis pretty empty atm. guess the rush comes later....

Fammaden
11-02-2020, 09:07 AM
Think you logged into red then.

Tunabros
11-02-2020, 12:15 PM
You can't coth in sky.

well shit

apprentice04
11-03-2020, 07:50 AM
I wonder if they will ninja release it sneakily just to mitigate an initial surge of latency in zones (and give ST less competition)

Tuljin
11-03-2020, 08:33 AM
Everybody thinks they know everything when nobody knows shit. Nov 6 is an arbitrary date. It's not the actual 405 days from classic to Kunark. In addition, as many mention, there's tons of things that have happened between launch and this absolutely arbitrary date of Nov 6.

The staff's #1 concern is mitigating all the bullshit that's going to come to them when the xpack is released. If people could "play nice" they might actually tell us when they're gonna launch Kunark.

They have a lot of shit to do to get things ready on their end and really what they're doing is 110% trolling everyone and keeping them on "high alert" as long as possible with no notice just to fuck with them.

derpcake2
11-03-2020, 08:53 AM
Banning the 10% which has most /played would solve 99.3% of the issues the server has.

Exard3k
11-03-2020, 09:05 AM
Banning the 10% which has most /played would solve 99.3% of the issues the server has.

Sure, it worked with witches and jews too in the past.

And after that, there still is a 10% with most /played left. Let's call the Inquisition and burn them all, the lord will know his own.

Coridan
11-03-2020, 09:33 AM
Everybody thinks they know everything when nobody knows shit. Nov 6 is an arbitrary date. It's not the actual 405 days from classic to Kunark. In addition, as many mention, there's tons of things that have happened between launch and this absolutely arbitrary date of Nov 6.

The staff's #1 concern is mitigating all the bullshit that's going to come to them when the xpack is released. If people could "play nice" they might actually tell us when they're gonna launch Kunark.

They have a lot of shit to do to get things ready on their end and really what they're doing is 110% trolling everyone and keeping them on "high alert" as long as possible with no notice just to fuck with them.

Every guild plays nice with each other except for 1. Seems like an easy solution.

Meiva
11-03-2020, 09:46 AM
https://i.imgur.com/zAoXvxO.png

derpcake2
11-03-2020, 10:08 AM
Sure, it worked with witches and jews too in the past.

And after that, there still is a 10% with most /played left. Let's call the Inquisition and burn them all, the lord will know his own.

After reading this post I suggest banning the 10% with most played and the 10% with the lowest IQ.

There will be significant overlap but its essential to get both groups in their entirety.

Noselacri
11-03-2020, 10:10 AM
If they were to delay Kunark without having said a word about it in advance, they would be pieces of shit. We're three days from the launch date. When Velious was delayed on blue, they announced it way ahead of time. It would make them gigantic douchebags if they just say nothing and simply don't launch it, leaving people to find out when the raft simply doesn't arrive on Friday.

derpcake2
11-03-2020, 10:11 AM
Every guild plays nice with each other except for 1. Seems like an easy solution.

Once staff starts to care they will find plenty of reasons to Nizzar the leadership.

Tuljin
11-03-2020, 10:26 AM
If they were to delay Kunark without having said a word about it in advance, they would be pieces of shit. We're three days from the launch date. When Velious was delayed on blue, they announced it way ahead of time. It would make them gigantic douchebags if they just say nothing and simply don't launch it, leaving people to find out when the raft simply doesn't arrive on Friday.

The reason why they told people about the delay for Velious (I'm sure you know this) was because there were legal reasons why they couldn't launch Velious on March 1 2015 and they instead had to wait until August 1, 2015. If they made everyone wait for 5 months without saying anything then yes, I suppose one could consider them...."pieces of shit." Boy it was really funny to see the "preparation" for Velious by the neckbeards go up in flames. Everyone acts like they know everything, but really nobody knows shit.

At the end of the day the devs can do whatever the hell they want. We don't know what's going on in their personal lives, professional lives. I'm pretty sure the devs need to take PTO to launch Kunark as well. So do the other staff.

Did they tell their bosses and/or clients....last fall in 2019..."hey, there's this little pet project of mine where I run an emu of a 20 year old videogame that thousands of people with no lives play and foam at the mouth in anticipation of a launchdate of an expansion pack and oh, by the way, they bitch and moan all the time to us the entire fucking time they play it for free, so yeah Nov 6 over a year from now, I can't work that weekend"

I think its really funny to see everyone with their tighty-whiteys in a knot about it. Who gives a shit, wait another month, powerlevel another Rogue, permacamp some more green mobs for DKP, what the fuck does it matter anyways. Everyone is gonna play this game all fucking day long no matter what the devs do.

Shit, they could delay Kunark 5 months just like they did with Velious 5 years ago. Ya know what would happen??? Exactly what happened with the Velious launch. Everyone would still play this game all fucking day long.

Fammaden
11-03-2020, 10:45 AM
Protip: never take time off work for EQ.

Scalem
11-03-2020, 10:56 AM

Like these people complaining about GM silence on Kunark actually have jobs.

Bigcountry23
11-03-2020, 11:30 AM

I normally spend 3 of my weeks over the summer at various festivals, but not this year, so I have PTO to use or lose before Jan 1.

Baler
11-03-2020, 11:37 AM
I normally spend 3 of my weeks over the summer at various festivals, but not this year, so I have PTO to use or lose before Jan 1.

I try to hit 1-2 festivals a year during the summer. Was such a major bummer this year. :(

Zwieback
11-03-2020, 12:08 PM

christmas holidays with family?

Tuljin
11-03-2020, 12:33 PM
I mean, dude...PTO. You're getting paid to play videogames. You won the "competition" a year ago when you aggressively recruited as many people as possible on the original server during a server split and started socking every single green mob that drops a clicky. You continue to win the "competition" you claim that you want when in reality you engineered everything so that you -actually- have no competition at all. At that point you're winning at life man.

Mayge
11-03-2020, 01:15 PM
I mean, dude...PTO. You're getting paid to play videogames. You won the "competition" a year ago when you aggressively recruited as many people as possible on the original server during a server split and started socking every single green mob that drops a clicky. You continue to win the "competition" you claim that you want when in reality you engineered everything so that you -actually- have no competition at all. At that point you're winning at life man.

Who are you even talking to? Yourself?

Tuljin
11-03-2020, 02:20 PM
I forgot the ............................ /s

knucklehead
11-03-2020, 10:09 PM
Kunark won't be released til they can simulate installing from a couple CD's the morning of launch, and also have to work on code for server downtime and lag to make it really classic.

BarnabusCollins
11-04-2020, 06:49 AM
Kunark releases when they figure out how to do a 640x480 only resolution with classic UI and full screen spellbook even at 60.

Zipity
11-04-2020, 07:39 AM
In 27hrs 31minutes 18seconds.

Shrubwise
11-04-2020, 08:09 AM
When they released the Hole on Red, there was no announcement, nothing. All it took was one of us sneaking in thru the entrance to find out it was live, and even then, we kept it a secret for a couple of weeks before Nihilum found out.
I'd start taking the boat from oasis, folks.

Noselacri
11-04-2020, 08:17 AM
Pretty big difference between a single zone on a low-pop server and a whole expansion on the biggest server.

OuterChimp
11-04-2020, 09:53 AM
I think Kunark is already out, it's just nobody has checked the barge in oasis.

Zipity
11-04-2020, 09:54 AM
I check iksar creation for new character several times a day.

Exard3k
11-04-2020, 09:54 AM
I think Kunark is already out, it's just nobody has checked the barge in oasis.

Shhhhh...dont tell them!

Oddbaal
11-04-2020, 10:26 AM
The first expansion pack for EverQuest was EverQuest: The Ruins of Kunark, released on April 24, 2000. It introduced a new land area to the game, the continent of Kunark, which had been previously unexplored. Through a mix of in-game events and fiction published on the web by Verant Interactive, the storyline of the discovery of Kunark was established.

In terms of the game, The Ruins of Kunark had a very different visual feel compared to the original zones in EverQuest: the color palette was more vibrant and many of the models used for the monsters were more detailed. This detail was most evident in the Iksar, a new playable race of lizard people introduced with the expansion.[1] The Iksar had a number of racial advantages, including the ability to stay underwater for longer periods of time, additional regenerative powers, and an armor bonus. This was balanced by the fact that they were hated by all of the other races in the game and that there were very few places they could go without being attacked. They also could not wear plate armor.

The Kunark expansion also increased the maximum level a character could attain from 50 to 60, and introduced a substantial number of new and powerful monsters for characters above level 50 to fight.[2] The most notable of these was Veeshan's Peak, a zone populated by dragons that was, at its release, declared to be the hardest zone that would be put into EverQuest. Another notable and deep dungeon is Sebilis, the lair of the undead dragon Trakanon, which required players to level past the previous limit and obtain improved gear introduced in the expansion.

The Ruins of Kunark was also the focus of 'epic quests', or quests for powerful weapons for each character class, which were introduced between the Kunark and Velious expansions as a source of further high-end content. The Kunark expansion was unique in its method of distribution. A player would order the expansion from Verant's online store, and it was then shipped directly to the player's home. Unforeseen shipping delays caused many players to miss the expansion's official opening date. Thereafter, most EverQuest expansions were either available in local stores, or downloaded directly from Verant, many weeks before the official opening date.

In the United States, The Ruins of Kunark sold 92,172 units between February 2001 through the first week of November alone. Desslock of GameSpot reported that the game and The Scars of Velious "sold well early in the year, but sales evaporated during the course of the summer, especially after the release of Camelot."[3]

BlackBellamy
11-04-2020, 10:28 AM
So April 24th then?

NPC
11-04-2020, 07:08 PM

Apparently you weren't here for the Teal merger, they merged much earlier(1-2 weeks?) than they told anyone and they gave no warning . . . at all.
Teal merger was a bigger deal than Kunark release.

Castle2.0
11-04-2020, 09:00 PM

I've found the best way to get answers from Devs or just get them to agree with me is to insult them on multiple levels. Your insults are kind of just general insults. You really have to ramp up the personal attacks on them if you want any real information.

You're kind of at a deficit, so I would really have at it. Mama jokes, insults about immutable characteristics you can't actually see but you know they have, the full nine yards.

dwikt96
11-04-2020, 09:38 PM
I've found the best way to get answers from Devs or just get them to agree with me is to insult them on multiple levels. Your insults are kind of just general insults. You really have to ramp up the personal attacks on them if you want any real information.

You're kind of at a deficit, so I would really have at it. Mama jokes, insults about immutable characteristics you can't actually see but you know they have, the full nine yards.

Believe it or not statistically the most effective way to encourage (and successfully communicate) two opposing people (or factions, tribes, whatever) is for one to ask the other for help.

Mordies
11-05-2020, 12:46 AM
Im sticking to Nov. 6th, you think if it was going be delayed they'd post that. But will just have to wait and see.

Castle2.0
11-05-2020, 12:48 AM
Believe it or not statistically the most effective way to encourage (and successfully communicate) two opposing people (or factions, tribes, whatever) is for one to ask the other for help.

Yes, but that is an insufficiently sarcastic post that would appear to be offering genuine help to someone who doesn't really want it. A sarcastic post would show the poster their behavior is not okay, and maybe they will change their behavior.

P.S. I think the poster knows what you're saying ;)

gnomishfirework
11-05-2020, 08:49 AM
Gonna be a lot of poopsocking tomorrow for an expansion thats a month off.

Mickets
11-05-2020, 09:47 AM
Which comes first, kunark out on green or America figures out who won the presidency?

Place your bets.

greatdane
11-05-2020, 11:46 AM
I mean, if they just don't open Kunark tomorrow, it's kinda like inviting a bunch of people to your birthday party and then when they show up you tell them there isn't actually any birthday party so please go away. There's no way they're delaying it without saying shit. It's coming tomorrow. Question is what time.

knucklehead
11-05-2020, 02:58 PM
Quick, somebody start a UN for boat riding so we can all figure out raft and boat rotation.

Another problem nobody needed solved, solved.

galach
11-05-2020, 03:28 PM
https://i.imgur.com/4brOFe8.gif

Disease
11-05-2020, 03:32 PM
https://i.imgur.com/4brOFe8.gif

Lol probably the best gif ever posted on these forums.

Bardp1999
11-05-2020, 03:41 PM
We need an additional 5 years of Kunark testing before launch

Deliverator
11-05-2020, 07:56 PM
Still waiting on some kind of announcement for when we can expect Kunark to be released. It is definitely not going to be this weekend. Even a "Some time in the next 30 days" would be a lovely piece of information to have.

NPC
11-05-2020, 08:01 PM
Quick, somebody start a UN for boat riding so we can all figure out raft and boat rotation.

Another problem nobody needed solved, solved.

So I distinctly remember just running out on the water using levitation in the Oasis an zoning into TD without the raft. My wizard quaded raptors for ages getting AA xp, I never waited for the raft.

douglas1999
11-05-2020, 08:08 PM
So I distinctly remember just running out on the water using levitation in the Oasis an zoning into TD without the raft. My wizard quaded raptors for ages getting AA xp, I never waited for the raft.

I definitely don't think it ever worked that way, at least not during actual classic. AA's weren't a thing until... luclin right? Maybe they changed it later, but that really doesn't sound right. Even when they removed the boats on live and added translocators, you had to use the translocators you couldn't just zone accross by running.

Zekayy
11-05-2020, 08:15 PM
Still waiting on some kind of announcement for when we can expect Kunark to be released. It is definitely not going to be this weekend. Even a "Some time in the next 30 days" would be a lovely piece of information to have.

it was announced bud

Maelstrom
11-05-2020, 10:14 PM

Won't work, at least on P99. You need to be on the raft/boat to zone.

Castle2.0
11-06-2020, 12:49 AM
Rafts and shuttles are for plebs. I'll be porting into Kunark *puts on sunglasses*

douglas1999
11-06-2020, 12:51 AM
It sucks the fps slider no longer works, turning it down to about 10 when you first get to firiona vie is maximum nostalgiamersion

cd288
11-06-2020, 02:17 AM

I thought you couldn’t zone into TD and OOT by running or swimming?

Tuljin
11-06-2020, 01:37 PM
Everyone acts like they know everything, but really nobody knows shit.

Who gives a shit, wait another month, powerlevel another Rogue, permacamp some more green mobs for DKP, what the fuck does it matter anyways. Everyone is gonna play this game all fucking day long no matter what the devs do.

Shit, they could delay Kunark 5 months just like they did with Velious 5 years ago. Ya know what would happen??? Exactly what happened with the Velious launch. Everyone would still play this game all fucking day long.

Cenen
11-06-2020, 02:50 PM
Before the green server was released I was in Oasis swimming to build up my swimming skill, and then ..Loading, please wait... I was in in Timorous Deep on the Raft going to the island. It really happened - on the Blue server.

OuterChimp
11-06-2020, 02:56 PM
Hey guys...Outah CHimp here....just got off the phoen with Niblog and he said....

spqr
11-06-2020, 02:58 PM
Kunark brought to you by the state of Nevada

...that's a joke don't take it seriously.

Mirana
11-07-2020, 12:39 PM

Lol

Shrubwise
11-07-2020, 11:52 PM
"I pay nothing for a server where guides, developers and GM's sink countless hours of time, and you owe me answers to my questions"

pallius
11-13-2020, 12:53 AM
I can't believe how this launch went. I was watching the p99 front page for news it. Been busy with work and life but wanted to be sure to get on to bind at fire pots. I can't believe there was no front page announcement.

pallius
11-13-2020, 01:54 AM
In disbelief I went to go try to bind anyway... yeah doesn't work. Bucket list item of mine I can't do.

On live, you could bind there a long time. I was playing on one server during kunark (I started with Kunark). Played a wiz to 50. Then switched to join friends on another server and played a magician and was able to level up without twinking or power leveling and went to go bind at the pots. It was available for a long time. I don't understand why it keeps getting shut down here so fast.

Tunabros
11-13-2020, 02:12 AM
In disbelief I went to go try to bind anyway... yeah doesn't work. Bucket list item of mine I can't do.

On live, you could bind there a long time. I was playing on one server during kunark (I started with Kunark). Played a wiz to 50. Then switched to join friends on another server and played a magician and was able to level up without twinking or power leveling and went to go bind at the pots. It was available for a long time. I don't understand why it keeps getting shut down here so fast.

don't worry whenever I make a bucket list I always end up not doing any of it

I wanted a CoS and a blade of a black dragon eye but I'm too much of a casual to get

them

Gustoo
11-13-2020, 09:36 AM
Pots are closed already? Yeah they should definitely be open for quite a while

pallius
11-13-2020, 09:44 AM
Yup pots are closed. Even though on live they were open for ages.

Nuggie
11-13-2020, 10:46 AM
Find proof. Nilbog is pretty open to changes when you have proof(that isn't your memory).

Gustoo
11-13-2020, 11:12 AM
No one knew about the firepots in live.

So when we say they were open for a long time, what we mean is they were open for a longer time on p99 blue and a longer time on r99 and expected it to stay the same.

pallius
11-13-2020, 10:44 PM
Same issue was on blue. Tons of people remember it being around a long time but couldn't find the patch notes.

Basically it eventually wrecked the porting economy and they stopped letting melee bind with the click and then later stopped letting casters bind themselves. It was also announced with some notice that they were going to be shut off.

Cen
11-14-2020, 02:12 AM
Well now that they are closed, its time to level up your "prank" character. Try to trick someone who's obviously bound at them into grouping with you to do some action they need to party up with you for, and then sneak attack them with a bind ;D Get a nice level 12 caster.

Nobody can prove it wasn't an accident.

Shrubwise
11-15-2020, 11:19 AM
Well now that they are closed, its time to level up your "prank" character. Try to trick someone who's obviously bound at them into grouping with you to do some action they need to party up with you for, and then sneak attack them with a bind ;D Get a nice level 12 caster.

Nobody can prove it wasn't an accident.

And when they get super pissed, simply reply, “It’s just a prank, bro!”

Gorster
11-15-2020, 06:30 PM
Luclin teleports cause the reeee, but Kunark teleports are a-okay. Well unless you missed them, then the reeee is there as well.

Taiku
11-15-2020, 07:20 PM
Sorry if it's been answered, but Circlet of Shadows still pre-nerf? how long into the timeline does it get changed if it's not yet?

Gorster
11-15-2020, 07:39 PM
Sorry if it's been answered, but Circlet of Shadows still pre-nerf? how long into the timeline does it get changed if it's not yet?

Should be several months into Velious that the change is made to nerfed version.

edit: June 27th 2001 patch specifically makes the change; which is what, six months in to Velious?

Gustoo
11-15-2020, 07:44 PM
Its like a full year before the COS is nerfed. Get a few while they are cheap. They are lore so all guys camping them need to move em pretty quick.

Taiku
11-15-2020, 08:07 PM
Should be several months into Velious that the change is made to nerfed version.

edit: June 27th 2001 patch specifically makes the change; which is what, six months in to Velious?

Its like a full year before the COS is nerfed. Get a few while they are cheap. They are lore so all guys camping them need to move em pretty quick.

Thanks for the quick replys! I only need one! ^^