PDA

View Full Version : Serious non-classic issues with tracking and kunark

axisofebola
10-28-2020, 06:12 PM
Ranger track should be garbage tier for first 2 years of any supposed "classic" server. Instead it's uber here and for some reason you still have gimped he hell out of druid tracking which was quite useful in most zones after the PoS buff that was supposed to happen yet stlll has not happened. So tracking is completely flipped around from what it should be, even worse now we are talking about adding kunark to the mix which has a crapload of tracking-influenced/related bottlenecks in it, like the seb key.

Evia
10-28-2020, 06:41 PM
Are you suggesting we nerf Rangers?

Seducio
10-28-2020, 06:45 PM

I needed that laugh. Thank you.

Xersius
10-28-2020, 06:57 PM
The literal ONLY use for a ranger (aside from eating a death touch) is tracking, and this guy demands a nerf. HA

douglas1999
10-28-2020, 06:59 PM
Don't nerf rangers but do make druid track better, which it apparently is supposed to be by now? It's just hilariously broken, things that I can see with my actual eyes like twenty feet away don't show up on track.

Donkey Hotay
10-28-2020, 09:02 PM
This thread was an abortion from the start--Nilbog, like most humans, doesn't care to be insulted so I doubt he's going to positively respond to someone throwing shade about a minor bugfix--so I'll just toss in an anecdote I find amusing.

I received a request on my DaP druid for a port to Misty Thicket and a Track of a Blixkin Entopop for 50p. I accept because Blixkin is always around the Rings and newbie area.
So we port in and I immediately open Track. As usual, nothing I couldn't slap with my junk was on the list. I commenced running around with this chanter toddling along behind, checking his path route as I half-remember from previous sojourns in Lilliput. I tow the chanter around to the newbie yard and at this point he must be wondering what I'm doing as he says, usually he's up in the SE. I'm amenable to trying this because it's literally the last area we haven't visually confirmed and about 15 yards later, there's Blixkin who I helpfully run to and hail about two seconds before the chanter could have found him by himself.

Anyhoo, I'm terrible at telling stories but I had a good chortle at getting paid to run the same path a non-Tracking class would have and then blundering into the mob and saying, Ta-da!
(No refunds.)

Tunabros
10-28-2020, 09:49 PM

lmao :rolleyes:

Faxi
10-28-2020, 10:57 PM
Ranger track should be garbage tier for first 2 years of any supposed "classic" server. Instead it's uber here and for some reason you still have gimped he hell out of druid tracking which was quite useful in most zones after the PoS buff that was supposed to happen yet stlll has not happened. So tracking is completely flipped around from what it should be, even worse now we are talking about adding kunark to the mix which has a crapload of tracking-influenced/related bottlenecks in it, like the seb key.

As you can see, the "it must be Classic" crowd only supports it if it suits or benefits them. As you rightly point out, ranger tracking is a major deviation from Classic. just dont expect any support for changing it.

Seducio
10-28-2020, 10:59 PM
Or try and provide evidence to the actual devs who could adjust this.

If you ask the player base they will laugh at you because of the status of Ranger in classic.

Not hard.

Strifer
10-29-2020, 12:46 AM

Are you okay, cmere homie let's hug it out.

Castle2.0
10-29-2020, 12:48 AM
Nerf rangers. Hahaha.

"C'mon man!"

Next do Paladin DPS.

Tunabros
10-29-2020, 12:53 AM
Nerf rangers. Hahaha.

"C'mon man!"

Next do Paladin DPS.

Paladins are for roleplay!!

its also the coolest class in the game =)