PDA

View Full Version : Wow, have things changed.

Nomadic Plainswalker
10-27-2020, 06:13 PM
Preface - I haven't played live since Omens. I saw an ad today for the new EQ expansion, don't remember the name, but they are offering a 42 slot, 100% WR bag as a gift if you buy. FORTY TWO SLOT BAG!

What do you think that would sell for on Green?

Tunabros
10-27-2020, 06:25 PM
Preface - I haven't played live since Omens. I saw an ad today for the new EQ expansion, don't remember the name, but they are offering a 42 slot, 100% WR bag as a gift if you buy. FORTY TWO SLOT BAG!

What do you think that would sell for on Green?

notice how you dont see p99 devs going

"free GIANT BAG IF U JOIN"

just let eqlive die imao

Morton Jr
10-27-2020, 07:06 PM
i think the $19.99 bag ruined progression servers, you can loot like 100 fine steel weapons if you have both, was kinda stupid

Vizax_Xaziv
10-27-2020, 08:03 PM
i think the $19.99 bag ruined progression servers, you can loot like 100 fine steel weapons if you have both, was kinda stupid

Yea I gave in and bought one - it's too useful not to have. The bags weren't the problem though. The REAL problem was fucking Kronos and how it just ruins the economy completely when effective RMT is an actual part of the game.

Nuggie
10-27-2020, 09:01 PM
Yea, it was the bag that ruined the game....

Strifer
10-27-2020, 09:37 PM
Yea, it was the bag that ruined the game....

For me it was always the fact that theres such a graphical fidelity difference through the years that doesn't compliment each other. Not to mention the player models not being updated since Luclin just why

Vizax_Xaziv
10-27-2020, 09:46 PM
For me it was always the fact that theres such a graphical fidelity difference through the years that doesn't compliment each other. Not to mention the player models not being updated since Luclin just why

Ugh it really is terrible lol. All the "updated" graphics just really don't work for me sadly. They feel so generic and uninspired.

OuterChimp
10-28-2020, 09:04 AM
I'd like to see present day EQ just to see what it looks like. The eq i remember from the eearly 2000s is what P99 is - and is one of the main reasons I like p99 so much in that p99 is the EQ i remember.

Dolalin
10-28-2020, 10:08 AM
I'd like to see present day EQ just to see what it looks like.

It's free to play now, so just log on and have a look.

PoK is still the zone everyone hangs out in, near the soulbinder.

EQ live feels like a Christmas tree that someone's been adding decorations to for 20 years. You can barely see the tree now from all the shiny baubles hanging off it.

Progression servers have a bit less junk and so are reasonably playable, but it doesn't really feel like the EQ you remember. I did Agnarr up to Luclin, it was... interesting, but nothing like P99.

Barik
10-28-2020, 10:17 AM
nostalgia is a hell of a drug right fellas. ?

Tunabros
10-28-2020, 12:07 PM

EQ live feels like a Christmas tree that someone's been adding decorations to for 20 years. You can barely see the tree now from all the shiny baubles hanging off it.

Progression servers have a bit less junk and so are reasonably playable, but it doesn't really feel like the EQ you remember. I did Agnarr up to Luclin, it was... interesting, but nothing like P99.

I actually still play on cornaiv a bit

dont know why but its actually kinda fun

jolanar
10-28-2020, 01:01 PM
The bags really do mess with the integrity of the TLP servers.

On live you swim in bags though if you play for any amount of time so it's no big deal there.

Centurionx
10-30-2020, 08:38 PM

I played equally live about six or seven years ago after not being able to obtain the necessary files for p99(titanium) and I'd say the Christmas tree is a fair description lol. I was shocked, my god what have they done to you ?? I leveled and farmed in the old zones as much as possible, which was til about lvl 80ish. The zones were desolate, maybe one other player would show up from time to time and be gone quickly. As if they were just traveling through. Like the new world was living off the corpse of the old, in retrospect it's a spooky feeling..

BlackBellamy
10-31-2020, 09:15 AM
The zones were desolate, maybe one other player would show up from time to time and be gone quickly. As if they were just traveling through. Like the new world was living off the corpse of the old, in retrospect it's a spooky feeling..

Yeah same feeling when I was curious. At some point you just release 2.0. You say ok, new version coming! And all your customers are like yay but also oh no. But it works itself out. Because otherwise you wind up with version 1.827377222211c which is the Christmas tree you talk about.

Why not just remove the zones no one uses anymore? Asteroid strike! Why not remove a bunch of features that were added 10 years ago to ameliorate 15 year-old problems that haven't existed in 5 years? Streamline! Get rid of stuff! Make it lean!

Nope, do you like this new ornament? You can buy it for fifteen bucks and it makes this part of the game trivial. We'll patch that later.

Centurionx
10-31-2020, 09:20 PM
Yeah same feeling when I was curious. At some point you just release 2.0. You say ok, new version coming! And all your customers are like yay but also oh no. But it works itself out. Because otherwise you wind up with version 1.827377222211c which is the Christmas tree you talk about.

Why not just remove the zones no one uses anymore? Asteroid strike! Why not remove a bunch of features that were added 10 years ago to ameliorate 15 year-old problems that haven't existed in 5 years? Streamline! Get rid of stuff! Make it lean!

Nope, do you like this new ornament? You can buy it for fifteen bucks and it makes this part of the game trivial. We'll patch that later.

Indeed, almost wanted to cry

Then after getting my wizard to level 80, they offered to allow everyone to auto level one char to 85 and get a set of kick ass armor with focus effects and all for free. I quit not long after that, it truly was like playing a different game altogether.

However, I did figure out how to acquire and install eq titanium a couple years later. I was amazed how many played on blue, and now green. And it was real eq, like I used to know ;-)

RevSaber
10-31-2020, 09:39 PM
Idk, its not as bad as you decry... I dint have a 40 slot bag on TLP but i do have 3 100% bags i got from raiding. Finished sky quests for the first time ever on TLP... Killed inny and cazic on TLP. I KNOW that doesnt sound like much but on p99 i never once saw those mobs. I have a life afterall ;)