PDA

View Full Version : YIKES - What happens when you crash on the boat in OOT?

Nomadic Plainswalker
10-27-2020, 02:58 PM
ABout to find out!

Tunabros
10-27-2020, 03:00 PM
hope your swimming is maxed

Nomadic Plainswalker
10-27-2020, 03:34 PM
And the answer is....I was floating in OOT, not far from an island. No boat in sight! Was very concerned about a nasty corpse run somewhere underwater.

campania
10-28-2020, 01:04 AM
And the answer is....I was floating in OOT, not far from an island. No boat in sight! Was very concerned about a nasty corpse run somewhere underwater.

This happened to me in Classic. One of the worst CR experiences I've ever had. I was like 12 at the time and definitely cried over it. Iirc I had to hire a necro to summon my corpse.

Natewest1987
10-28-2020, 02:37 AM
Happened to me like the first week of launch on green.

I swam for like three hours in circles, too prideful to ask a gm for help, lol. “This is so classic”. Uhh

quenyar
10-28-2020, 04:22 AM
I tried this once on Live because someone trained a cyclops on top of the boat! My corpse was transported to the zone line and a kind GM felt sorry for me and helped me get my corpse back.

MalystryxVoF
10-28-2020, 05:30 AM
True old skool classic, if you went off the boat route not near any island, you would get fatigue'ed and were unable to swim any longer, and slowly sink to the bottom and drown... they fixed that pretty quick though, cuz there were so many problems with the boats and LOADS of people drowned :D

same as old true classic, that if you didn't have food/water for too long, you'd die from thirst and would need a rez and get water/food asap :D

Exard3k
10-28-2020, 05:53 AM

Will be once you're back on the land. Second only to drowning and finding your corpse on the bottom of the ocean without any loc. Pushed me into the 100s :)

edmazur
10-29-2020, 03:19 AM
This happened to me in Classic. One of the worst CR experiences I've ever had. I was like 12 at the time and definitely cried over it. Iirc I had to hire a necro to summon my corpse.

Haha, same exact thing happened to me too back in the day. Sucked pretty bad, but very memorable experience of my first great journey from GFay to FP. :p

Nomadic Plainswalker
10-29-2020, 12:51 PM

Swimming and Fishing maxed! I'm a survivor.