PDA

View Full Version : Anyone seen kind of confirmation everything is on track for Kunark?

axisofebola
10-19-2020, 03:02 PM
Druid tracking is still broken and apparently there are other issues that like manastones still working in sky.. It seems as if things are taking awhile to get done, which is fine. But I know a lot of people like some kind of heads up about kunark. Plenty plan to take time off work etc.

I have a funny feeling kuanark may be a ways out yet. That's fine and all, but many would like to know.

Noselacri
10-19-2020, 03:06 PM
I've been kind of apprehensive about it myself. There's been something of a radio silence from above, and signs indicating that noone is handling forum requests. People complaining about IP exception petitions going ignored for months, and when I created a new profile named after my current character to post in the green trade forum, the post had to be approved by an administrator... and noone ever did so. I had to abandon the profile.

That said, surely adding Kunark takes little more than pressing a button. I would assume that they have at least discussed the rules for time-restricted loot.

Tunabros
10-19-2020, 03:33 PM
It's a free to play server
can't expect top maintenance

zaneosak
10-19-2020, 03:41 PM
My only question is if it's coming out as the normal schedule has been (first friday of every month) aka November 6th. Or will it be delayed as PoSky was by a few weeks (or later). Would be nice to know if anybody is trying to take off a few days of work or plan their weekend.

douglas1999
10-19-2020, 03:49 PM
Green 1.0 is invariably going to have some unexpected delays, it's a massive amount of data to manage, I'm sure kunark will come out more or less on schedule. Donating to the server is always the best thing to do in order to keep things rolling, being able to take off work and plan your weekend is a luxury on top of the luxury of being able to play here at all. Donating will make it more likely they can give those sorts of accurate predictive dates.

Fammaden
10-19-2020, 04:44 PM
Probably been working too hard on the new PvP server launch.

douglas1999
10-19-2020, 05:34 PM
PvP is trash who cares, it's unpopularity is plainly self evident. PvE actually still contains PvP, it's just not the brand where you can kill other players.

UO is for pvp, EQ is for elves

greatdane
10-19-2020, 07:11 PM
I mean, I think a P99 PvP server would have done alright if they'd launched it with something resembling a real ruleset and hadn't just left it to fend for itself unattended post-release with some kind of highly creative interpretation of the resist system and no effort whatsoever to police even the most basic rules of the project. But hey, that was a long-ass time ago.

Albanwr
10-19-2020, 07:11 PM
All I have seen on it was in discord.

"Galach10/01/2020
pretty sure it's just an in game command to open kunark, so don't know why it would get delayed "

so Nov. 6th

douglas1999
10-19-2020, 07:15 PM
Yeah but it's an evolving organism, clearly the list system has made that clear. They didn't plan to have a list for summon corpse, but they decided to. They make fine adjustments all the time. There are a lot of considerations that may require new code to launch kunark on green. I'm sure they could turn it on with a command in some generic, totally chaotic sense. I think they want it to be good though.

axisofebola
10-19-2020, 07:26 PM

"Galach10/01/2020
pretty sure it's just an in game command to open kunark, so don't know why it would get delayed "

so Nov. 6th

I would imagine it was the same case with PoS and kunak is 10-20 timesmore complicated and issue-filled. And then they will need to quickly follow up with a serious patch 2 months afterwards.

So maybe not.

Albanwr
10-19-2020, 07:29 PM
I would imagine it was the same case with PoS and kunak is 10-20 timesmore complicated and issue-filled. And then they will need to quickly follow up with a serious patch 2 months afterwards.

So maybe not.

PoS was delayed so more people had the time to get the /list corpse summon, which was a last moment change.

axisofebola
10-19-2020, 10:08 PM
PoS was delayed so more people had the time to get the /list corpse summon, which was a last moment change.

Even if so, all my points still stand which is surely causing some consternation in people who want to be assured that all systems are go.

Castle2.0
10-19-2020, 11:07 PM
Don't cry before you're hit.

Allow the suspense to to feed the nostalgia.

NPC
10-20-2020, 03:56 PM

"Galach10/01/2020

so Nov. 6th

The game isn't getting 'patched/updated' like a real live server. All the code is already installed an ready to go from kunark into velious. From what I understand they had most of the updates on auto release, meaning the server updates itself based on the time an date they've been set for in advance. So someone knows an they probably keeping it quite for the big guilds, so they can get in and jack everything on the downlow. Just like the earthquakes when the 7 days spawns reset early.

Nuggie
10-20-2020, 09:40 PM
So someone knows an they probably keeping it quite for the big guilds, so they can get in and jack everything on the downlow. Just like the earthquakes when the 7 days spawns reset early.

Put the tinfoil-hat down and walk away slowly.

Kowalski
10-21-2020, 06:15 AM
Buy Kunark timeshares

ZingZang
10-22-2020, 11:57 AM
Buy Kunark timeshares

What's the going rates these days?

Scalem
10-22-2020, 02:08 PM
What's the going rates these days?

Depends on what zone you want.

Jeni
10-22-2020, 09:39 PM
It really would be nice to get word from the staff about Kunark. I am trying to plan my vacation time around camping Fungi Tunic's but I need to know in advance so I can take days off.

Whoop
10-23-2020, 06:44 AM
It really would be nice to get word from the staff about Kunark. I am trying to plan my vacation time around camping Fungi Tunic's but I need to know in advance so I can take days off.

Why would they? If the say a date and its for some reason delayed it would be another shit storm on the forums. Better to just say nothing and make it available when it is. I have a feeling they are pretty sick and tired of it already...

BlackBellamy
10-23-2020, 07:14 AM
Plenty plan to take time off work etc.

plan your weekend

trying to take off a few days of work or plan their weekend.

I am trying to plan my vacation time around camping

Guys guys, don't burn yourselves out! Slow down. You can't be planning your outdoor activities so hard! I know camping is awesome; I'm heading to Mt. Hood National Park next weekend with my tent and going to do a little rock climbing while I'm there! But between that and my 30k bike runs I know it's important to take some time to relax and let your mind wander aimlessly and do some mindless repetitive tasks. Play some videogames or something.

BarnabusCollins
10-23-2020, 02:08 PM
Make prenerf fungi staff no drop. Make Blade of the Black Dragon Eye no drop. Make Holgresh Beads no drop in Velious. Or have a 1%er economy like blue.

Jeni
10-23-2020, 02:41 PM
Sorry people like me who have a lot of freetime (I'm on welfare) really do deserve to be rewarded. Just because you can't dedicate 20 hours a day to being the best doesn't mean you should try to drag the rest of us who are the best down to your level. If you want one of these items put in the time or buy it from my trader.

Scalem
10-23-2020, 04:09 PM
Sorry people like me who have a lot of freetime (I'm on welfare) really do deserve to be rewarded. Just because you can't dedicate 20 hours a day to being the best doesn't mean you should try to drag the rest of us who are the best down to your level. If you want one of these items put in the time or buy it from my trader.

Morton Jr
10-23-2020, 05:11 PM
Make prenerf fungi staff no drop. Make Blade of the Black Dragon Eye no drop. Make Holgresh Beads no drop in Velious. Or have a 1%er economy like blue.

Fungi tunic no drop too

t staff , lamentation, god so many great items in kunark !

Gorster
10-23-2020, 06:23 PM
I should probably quit slacking and get my wizard to 39 so I can pretend to be ready for Kunark launch.

Castle2.0
10-23-2020, 07:49 PM
Devs, please change the game to fix my personal playstyle. Not anyone else's playstyle. Neither the way it was originally made. Thank you.

-Elf #172901