PDA

View Full Version : Whatcha doing ASAP when kunark comes out?

Tunabros
10-16-2020, 01:44 AM
Me? hopefully getting a blade of da black dragon eye or a moss covered twig!!

Though I might have a better chance at the twig than the blade :(

For the ikkys...hmm maybe a Shaman!

man, Kunark is so cool all this new gear gets added and there's Hate 2.0!!

Zyth
10-16-2020, 01:57 AM
Thinking I will work my way toward level 18 fighting willowisps.

Skarne
10-16-2020, 02:12 AM
I dunno man I’ve been playing EQ so long sometimes I just log in and stare at the screen then log out. It’s pretty bleak in Norrath these days although I do enjoy chatting with new folks and helping out new people. Chances are they aren’t really new but it’s the illusion you see!

Tunabros
10-16-2020, 02:13 AM
I dunno man I’ve been playing EQ so long sometimes I just log in and stare at the screen then log out. It’s pretty bleak in Norrath these days although I do enjoy chatting with new folks and helping out new people. Chances are they aren’t really new but it’s the illusion you see!

I feel that way sometimes
have you tried a new class? =) thats what I did when I had this happen to me
I know it sounds dumb it helps with the boredom

Skarne
10-16-2020, 02:16 AM
I feel that way sometimes
have you tried a new class? =) thats what I did when I had this happen to me
I know it sounds dumb it helps with the boredom

Ya know I’ve thought about starting a caster but then the idea of researching my spells was always a huge turn off. In all my time on p99 I’ve never had a cloth wearing caster, even on live back in the day I usually stuck to a bard or a melee/hybrid class.

Ivory
10-16-2020, 02:30 AM
Ya know I’ve thought about starting a caster but then the idea of researching my spells was always a huge turn off. In all my time on p99 I’ve never had a cloth wearing caster, even on live back in the day I usually stuck to a bard or a melee/hybrid class.

Have you heard about the glory of bone knights?

Or the battle druid? Who tanks for groups and melees and uses tree form and thorns?

Tunabros
10-16-2020, 02:33 AM
Or the battle druid? Who tanks for groups and melees and uses tree form and thorns?

Im curious

Ivory
10-16-2020, 02:48 AM
Im curious

Druids is priests, so got 200 defense and 200 offense, with 175 (i think?) weapon skill... it means they can melee and tank effectively!

Then you look at their thorns (7 damage worth of thorns at level 9!!) ... and their regen ability (turn into a tree adds 3 hp a tick at level 9, scales up to 5 a tick...and later they get an oak form! and regens!).

It all comes together to mean if you focus on armor... you can legit tank for a group, and do damage through your thorns (instead of just relying on melee). And you will still being doing fairly ok with melee too (especially with some nice proc weapons, like earthquake staff or the combust scimitar).

Here is a test build I made with kunark era stuff....and nothing crazy fancy. https://wiki.project1999.com/Magelo_Green:Battle_Druid

Swish
10-16-2020, 02:52 AM
Good luck in KC

Tunabros
10-16-2020, 11:54 AM
Druids is priests, so got 200 defense and 200 offense, with 175 (i think?) weapon skill... it means they can melee and tank effectively!

Then you look at their thorns (7 damage worth of thorns at level 9!!) ... and their regen ability (turn into a tree adds 3 hp a tick at level 9, scales up to 5 a tick...and later they get an oak form! and regens!).

It all comes together to mean if you focus on armor... you can legit tank for a group, and do damage through your thorns (instead of just relying on melee). And you will still being doing fairly ok with melee too (especially with some nice proc weapons, like earthquake staff or the combust scimitar).

Here is a test build I made with kunark era stuff....and nothing crazy fancy. https://wiki.project1999.com/Magelo_Green:Battle_Druid

Hmm thats pretty interesting! But the health seems to be a problem there. Druids can't seem to take much hits especially when they hit lv 20 ish.

Danth
10-16-2020, 04:00 PM

You'll have two major hindrances trying to act as a melee Druid. First, you don't have the lifetap spells like the Necromancer has (which do damage and hence shorten the battle), and have vastly slower mana regeneration than the Necromancer. Sustainability is a problem. Second, Kunark-era AC caps raise dramatically beyond level 50, meaning durability will be relatively worse than what you can achieve with a classic-era caster. AC caps are surprisingly low prior to level 50+. I don't say don't try, but I say it'll run out of gas sooner than the classic-era caster-tank did.

If I pick up "Green" for Kunark I'd be leveling my low-level character or creating an Iksar so as to watch the day 1 mayhem.

Danth

Ivory
10-16-2020, 04:35 PM
You'll have two major hindrances trying to act as a melee Druid. First, you don't have the lifetap spells like the Necromancer has (which do damage and hence shorten the battle), and have vastly slower mana regeneration than the Necromancer. Sustainability is a problem. Second, Kunark-era AC caps raise dramatically beyond level 50, meaning durability will be relatively worse than what you can achieve with a classic-era caster. AC caps are surprisingly low prior to level 50+. I don't say don't try, but I say it'll run out of gas sooner than the classic-era caster-tank did.

If I pick up "Green" for Kunark I'd be leveling my low-level character or creating an Iksar so as to watch the day 1 mayhem.

Danth

Yea, they won't be near a bone knights power.... bone knights is top!!

BUT, it would still be extra fun to level up and play as a battle druid. Fully tanking for the team and using flame lick like a ranger and all that to taunt... then jumping in and out of tree form. Very thematic!!

And charming an animal they will match a bone knights output pretty ok.

They don't have bone knights lifetaps, but they can still root a target and back up and heal a bit and get back in if they want. I could see them doing ok at level 50 (but again, nowhere near the power of bone knights).

Then super high end, they still have the normal toolkit a druid has. Ability to charm plane of mischief skunks or gorillas in plane of fear and still top competitive DPS with enchanters / necros.

At level 60, natureskin + spirit of oak + regrowth of grove = 32 hp a tick regen on top of their normal regen.

And then they also get mask of the hunter + oak for an additional 7 mana a tick regen (which isn't the 21 mana a tick a necromancer gets, but it's still pretty nice!!)... then in velious they get another 6 mana a tick from protection of glades ... for a total of 13 mana a tick extra.

And their level 60 damage shields is a total of 38 , which again, isn't so shabby! Definitely enough to go do something like solo the frenzy in guk easily. Or just train yourself in a high green zone and everything kills itself on you. And I think in velious there are a couple more damage shields that stack?

So.... yea, not a bone knight... but also an interesting build that would be super fun / different to play (and still effective, you still WAYYY out solo any melee).

Pretzelle
10-16-2020, 04:37 PM
Ton Po's Bo Stick of Understanding (https://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/item.html?item=586)

BiG SiP
10-16-2020, 04:47 PM
Firepot Binding, duh 🙄

Morton Jr
10-16-2020, 05:31 PM
i have always wanted to level an iksar 1-60 on kunark only without leaving, might do it. Dont know if i will have the time.

Philistine
10-16-2020, 07:20 PM

I was always really turned off by the prospect of researching spells too, but if you already have an established character with some plat (which it sounds like you do) you should be able to buy them without much trouble.

It hasn't been much of an issue at all for me, to my surprise.

magethis
10-21-2020, 04:17 PM
so much to do at kunark launch, going to be busy with 4 extra raid targets (venril, trak, sev, talendor)

rushing to legacy targets (fungi staff, circle of shadow, locket of escape, blade of dragon eye)

rushing to get keys (sebilis, howling stones, veeshan peak)

i might wait a year for the excitement to die to get my chance at something nice (which includes waiting 6 months for everyone to get their epics before i have a chance)

Tunabros
10-21-2020, 04:31 PM
so much to do at kunark launch, going to be busy with 4 extra raid targets (venril, trak, sev, talendor)

rushing to legacy targets (fungi staff, circle of shadow, locket of escape, blade of dragon eye)

rushing to get keys (sebilis, howling stones, veeshan peak)

i might wait a year for the excitement to die to get my chance at something nice (which includes waiting 6 months for everyone to get their epics before i have a chance)

Chances are none of us are getting legacy items =(

Morton Jr
10-21-2020, 04:52 PM
seb keys with 1000 people at the zone will be fun

Tunabros
10-21-2020, 06:16 PM
seb keys with 1000 people at the zone will be fun

It will be like Velious with the cobalt rings lol

Scalem
10-21-2020, 06:55 PM
Gunna get all the kunark ports and make a killing porting all the career unemployeds.

Morton Jr
10-21-2020, 07:27 PM
Only a career unemployed would say that lol

BiG SiP
10-21-2020, 09:43 PM
cant wait to quit my job and dump my supermodel gf

Jeni
10-22-2020, 09:41 PM
I plan on waiting in lots of lists.

Tunabros
10-22-2020, 09:52 PM
I plan on waiting in lots of lists.

I plan on waiting on those lists and accidentally missing my turn

Noselacri
10-23-2020, 12:40 AM
If one aspires to buy a CoS relatively early (say, two weeks in), how much money ought one save up in advance? Best guess?

Bardp1999
10-23-2020, 12:44 AM
I'll level my Shaman up to 60, kill every raid target 2 times, then probably log off and not log back in (Velious on Blue still feel 'fresh' on my mind even though it's been years, not doing that shit again)

Tunabros
10-23-2020, 12:48 AM
If one aspires to buy a CoS relatively early (say, two weeks in), how much money ought one save up in advance? Best guess?

guessing like a couple thousand maybe

nothing too crazy there are still like TONS of them on blue and go for around 40k today

Chances are there will be a ton on green as well

Bardp1999
10-23-2020, 12:54 AM

nothing too crazy there are still like TONS of them on blue and go for around 40k today

CoS will be perma farmed well into Velious because the camp is easy AF and has several lucrative camps all close to each other. Will be a bajillion of them on Green

Tunabros
10-23-2020, 01:08 AM
CoS will be perma farmed well into Velious because the camp is easy AF and has several lucrative camps all close to each other. Will be a bajillion of them on Green

oh wow, how many months until it gets nerfed? then it will probably be very cheap then

=)

Soon every necromancer and shadowknight will have one lol

One day in the near future, we will be holding it like treasure :rolleyes:

Ivory
10-23-2020, 01:10 AM

Blue was in kunark for like 5+ years....

But green will have less than a year before going onto velious.

There will still be a lotttt of them though. Maybe at first it will be super camped, but doesn't take long for everyone who wants one to get one.

Tunabros
10-23-2020, 01:23 AM
Blue was in kunark for like 5+ years....

But green will have less than a year before going onto velious.

There will still be a lotttt of them though. Maybe at first it will be super camped, but doesn't take long for everyone who wants one to get one.

hmm I see I only started playing blue when velious was just announced

Glad to hear that tho! =D

Coridan
10-24-2020, 07:48 AM
Why isn't binding at firepots an option? I know I'm having my characters all run out there. Got a ring of the dead for my SK saved since green launch!

douglas1999
10-24-2020, 12:59 PM
Fapping obviously

Byrjun
10-24-2020, 04:28 PM
Making an Ikky necro/monk/shaman!

Wtf, where my Iksar SK homies at?

GinnasP99
10-24-2020, 04:38 PM
No physical fitness option, pass

Tunabros
10-24-2020, 04:53 PM
Wtf, where my Iksar SK homies at?

best race for sk is human for fashion :p

BarackObooma
10-24-2020, 06:00 PM
Your poll skipped the most important option, leveling to 60!

Castle2.0
10-24-2020, 07:06 PM
Cool quests. Why is that not an option?

Tunabros
10-24-2020, 10:23 PM
Cool quests. Why is that not an option?

well I can't think of every single thing there is to in Kunark lol

>eating
>walking
>vendoring
>running
>talking
>standing
>walking
>etc

Green Drake
10-27-2020, 03:18 PM

I have felt that way before. Recently I was part of a "static group" that met three times a week to level and quest together. We got from 1-50 in about 4-1/2 months. Not a record I know, but leveling fast wasn't the point. It was rewarding to have a team to play with and help each other regularly. You might try it?

Since reaching 50 we have not been grouping much, but I hope to start again when Kunark comes out.