PDA

View Full Version : Ring of the Dead: Nerf Day 1 Kunark?

BloodMurderCrime
10-15-2020, 03:41 PM
I have two rings for sell at 10k a pop if these get nerfed day 1 kunark for any SK's that want to bind themselves in firepots that did not get one before they stopped dropping. I mainly want to know if they are gonna nerf these rings on day 1 or give us some leeway, been mixed messages about the whole thing. Would be nice to get an accurate statement from the GM's. :confused:

mcoy
10-15-2020, 03:57 PM
Part of the classic experience was not being aware of changes ahead of time. We already know too much...

Let the speculation commence!

-Mcoy

strongNpretty
10-15-2020, 04:40 PM
Part of the classic experience was not being aware of changes ahead of time. We already know too much...

-Mcoy

110% true dude. I grinds my gears that they release upcoming patches and updates to the public on the green server... I mean if something with the way /list or whatever that shit is changes, then yeah notify everybody. Notify anybody of anything having to do with game mechanics.. But to notify the server- HEY MANASTONES STOP DROPPING IN 24 HOURS. That's just asking for people to get real greasy man...

DisbeAsos
10-15-2020, 04:52 PM
Theyre already nerfed and only work for Dark Elfs. They usually sell for 300pp or so.

charmcitysking
10-15-2020, 04:56 PM
110% true dude. I grinds my gears that they release upcoming patches and updates to the public on the green server... I mean if something with the way /list or whatever that shit is changes, then yeah notify everybody. Notify anybody of anything having to do with game mechanics.. But to notify the server- HEY MANASTONES STOP DROPPING IN 24 HOURS. That's just asking for people to get real greasy man...

Agree with your point - but at the risk of being pedantic, that’s not what happened with the list camps on Green. They were phased out earlier than previously announced (they were done away with at the Plane of Hate update I believe).. it’s quite possible the devs do something similar with the launch of Kunark (I.e an earlier/later drop than what is on the Wiki)

axisofebola
10-15-2020, 05:35 PM
There is a decent chance the firepot room won't even be bindable on green...

skorge
10-15-2020, 06:45 PM

-Mcoy

Actually not true. Verant actually let everyone know Rubicite armor will stop dropping in a login message (the notes section thingy) 2-3 weeks prior to that patch.

skorge
10-15-2020, 06:47 PM
There is a decent chance the firepot room won't even be bindable on green...

That would be like green not having manastones and guises

axisofebola
10-15-2020, 06:53 PM

Anything very short term they have said they won't be messing with.

Fammaden
10-15-2020, 10:58 PM

So, better? Maybe they learned their lesson and will just retroactively nerf everything.

Nuggie
10-16-2020, 12:41 AM
Anything very short term they have said they won't be messing with.

That's a heck of a stretch to attach firepot room to that statement. But yah never know, I guess. It's a good rumor to start though.

sajbert
10-16-2020, 08:25 AM
The ring was nerfed and now is only a quality of life item for Dark Elf SK’s (arguably the weakest SK race). IF you can bind at firepots in early Kunark it will add one argument for Dark Elf SK’s.

Curently Ogre or Ogre is king and if you missed the Guise drop then have fun getting stuck in dungeons or put out hundreds of thousands of PP getting another illusion item. Now I guess Iksar SK will be an option and comparable to troll although you do lose Slam and your faction sucks even more.

TLDR: Leave Dark Elf SK’s alone.

greatdane
10-16-2020, 08:54 AM
On a marginally related note, anyone know if Circlet of Shadow will be dropping for the entirety of Kunark?

Izmael
10-16-2020, 11:50 AM
On a marginally related note, anyone know if Circlet of Shadow will be dropping for the entirety of Kunark?

Hopefully not.

aspomwell
10-16-2020, 05:28 PM
Actually not true. Verant actually let everyone know Rubicite armor will stop dropping in a login message (the notes section thingy) 2-3 weeks prior to that patch.

I dont' recall that, but we definitely knew jboots were going away soon on live because they did it a couple weeks early on the test server. Once news got out that Drelzna was only dropping a note on test it was a madhouse to get your toon to Najena. I got mine the week before they were removed after about 13 hours (I think I was 5th in line when I started).

Danth
10-16-2020, 05:40 PM

Who can say? All we know is in the original game the original instant-click Circlet not only dropped all throughout Kunark, but well into Velious before the item was removed. It existed as an active drop for over a year.

Danth

M.J.
10-16-2020, 07:32 PM
I just finished my grind to warmly the other day and can confirm that it only costs 10gp to recharge the ring, and at present the recharge returns a non-no drop ring (which I wasn't expecting). Not sure when this is retroactively made no drop but I was pretty sure it was suppose to happen already, so rock on fellow dark elf SKs that get this and raise their rep.

Seducio
10-16-2020, 07:59 PM
For any wondering about this item, Ring of the Dead works at level 1. If you like the concept of being a self binding melee character there is a way. The only other alternative will be an extremely expensive Locket charge purchase. Here’s how to not need the Locket of Escape.

Create a DE SK alt soon to give ring to before ring goes no drop at Kunark release.

That way you can run DE character to Timorous Deep and self bind your DE SK at Firepots during first few days of Kunark release.

Then a year out or so during Velious hybrid penalty goes away and you will be ready.

Indecisive
10-17-2020, 05:51 AM
Theyre already nerfed and only work for Dark Elfs. They usually sell for 300pp or so.

People trying to sell them for 5 - 10k now. Which is hilarious, because you can buy the Thex Mallet for 400 - 500p and have a 20% chance of getting a ring on quest turn-in.

Edit: I'm an idiot and forgot it stopped dropping as a quest reward. Disregard.

millers
10-17-2020, 06:03 AM
Hate to tell you but the ring stopped as a quest reward when hate and temple of sol to launched on green.