PDA

View Full Version : Enchanter and Druid walk into a bar

Seducio
10-14-2020, 12:23 PM
Scenario: Lev 50 Enchanter bumps into a Lev 50 Druid out in the wild. The enchanter instinctively casts C on the druid. The druid chooses to cast a spell back. Which does the druid choose?

1. Sow
2. Chloro
3. Skin like Nature

I personally get sow most often, regen somtimes, and SLN the least. I prefer SLN the best. Is C for SLN a good trade for this archetypal Druid or is the enchanter expecting too much?

strongNpretty
10-14-2020, 12:29 PM
Scenario: Lev 50 Enchanter bumps into a Lev 50 Druid out in the wild. The enchanter instinctively casts C on the druid. The druid chooses to cast a spell back. Which does the druid choose?

1. Sow
2. Chloro
3. Skin like Nature

I personally get sow most often, regen somtimes, and SLN the least. I prefer SLN the best. Is C for SLN a good trade for this archetypal Druid or is the enchanter expecting too much?

My vote is to sow!

Morton Jr
10-14-2020, 01:36 PM
skin like nature is a big mana spell, thats very friendly of a buff, c is like waving almost

Tunabros
10-14-2020, 03:40 PM
all 3
As it is the duty of all druid to protect all

Fammaden
10-14-2020, 03:48 PM
SLN is 300 fucking mana to the 75 you're spending on C, even with the extra regen you are eating into this dude's time and there's no assurance he even kept it loaded like both of you have with C and SoW. Chloro is more niche and short duration and also 200 mana. I can see tossing regen on a working necro if its loaded, but that's irrelevant since necros don't have any buff of similar value to clarity that they would do drive-by's with.

aspomwell
10-14-2020, 04:04 PM
4. Flame Lick!

Seducio
10-14-2020, 04:19 PM
all 3
As it is the duty of all druid to protect all

Good on ya. Sounds like you should have C on all the time.

SLN is 300 fucking mana to the 75 you're spending on C, even with the extra regen you are eating into this dude's time and there's no assurance he even kept it loaded like both of you have with C and SoW. Chloro is more niche and short duration and also 200 mana. I can see tossing regen on a working necro if its loaded, but that's irrelevant since necros don't have any buff of similar value to clarity that they would do drive-by's with.

Would you trade a 300 mana cast spell for 1620 mana over 27 min?

axisofebola
10-14-2020, 04:25 PM
Depends on if you expect a clarity in the future. =)

Fammaden
10-14-2020, 04:44 PM
Would you trade a 300 mana cast spell for 1620 mana over 27 min?

No because it means some entitled prick enchanter like you thinks I now owe him something. You rolled the class knowing full well that everyone's going to expect C all the time, go anon like the druid if you don't like it.

The most comparable spell of a druids, in mana cost, in duration, and in most common demand (not counting ports) is SoW.

Is it as impactful as clarity? It is not. That doesn't justify the expectation that the druid should spend over three times as much mana returning the favor of your friendly C out in the field. Especially since you'd likely expect SoW on top of the SLN anyway. Don't like it, don't cast the C, the druids will live with out it and you can go on about sniffing your own farts as is the class role of the solo enchanter player.

Tunabros
10-14-2020, 04:59 PM
My vote is to sow!

TFW you sow someone and it says

Your spell did not take hold

strongNpretty
10-14-2020, 05:06 PM

Hahaha actually this reply has triggered me into asking a question-

I'm a super lucky casual player who happened to score on these a long time ago.. so they are always my go to sow option- https://wiki.project1999.com/Sandals_of_Harmony

That being said- I realized that even tho im level 60, the actual cast of sow from another druid is usually considered a higher level spell cast...

I assume this is because the clicky sow doesn't take into consideration the level of the player? Is it also safe to assume that sow from the clicky boots are not as fast as a level 50 sower?
https://wiki.project1999.com/Spirit_of_Wolf

Also i noticed those sandals aren't listed in the items with sow section.. Does this mean the sandals alone work differently than the ones listed on the sow page?

strongNpretty
10-14-2020, 05:07 PM

Also i see you kiki- Love and own all Miyazaki films!

Tunabros
10-14-2020, 05:11 PM
Hahaha actually this reply has triggered me into asking a question-

I'm a super lucky casual player who happened to score on these a long time ago.. so they are always my go to sow option- https://wiki.project1999.com/Sandals_of_Harmony

That being said- I realized that even tho im level 60, the actual cast of sow from another druid is usually considered a higher level spell cast...

I assume this is because the clicky sow doesn't take into consideration the level of the player? Is it also safe to assume that sow from the clicky boots are not as fast as a level 50 sower?
https://wiki.project1999.com/Spirit_of_Wolf

Also i noticed those sandals aren't listed in the items with sow section.. Does this mean the sandals alone work differently than the ones listed on the sow page?

I dont even know man. I just started playing a druid on green. On blue I just play hybrids. But I assume that half the time when it saids "your spell did not take place" it means that the person has JBOOTs on.

But I think the caster of sow, will override the sow or like "refresh it" (?) if he was higher than the last druid to cast it. If the person who got casted on STILL has the sow.

This game is complicated >-<

Also yeah I love Miyzaki Films =D

Danth
10-14-2020, 05:18 PM
Spirit of Wolf is the usual spell here. Most folks prefer it since the majority of drive-by's are done by folks who are traveling like the term implies. On top of that, SoW will quite usually be memorized while relatively few Druids keep Skin Like Nature up fulltime. SLN has enough of a wait, once newly-memorized, that by the time it's ready to cast whoever did the drive-by Clarity has probably already run off. Chloroplast will frequently be memorized but is usually only done at request.

Danth

strongNpretty
10-14-2020, 05:18 PM
I dont even know man. I just started playing a druid on green. On blue I just play hybrids. But I assume that half the time when it saids "your spell did not take place" it means that the person has JBOOTs on.

But I think the caster of sow, will override the sow or like "refresh it" (?) if he was higher than the last druid to cast it. If the person who got casted on STILL has the sow.

This game is complicated >-<

Also yeah I love Miyzaki Films =D

-Gotta go with Nausicaa being one of my fav's for some reason... Love the whole bug world stuff...
-Fireflies was so devastatingly sad to me, i cannot bear to watch it ever again...
-And Arrietty i think is extremely underrated.. i loved that movie.

Tunabros
10-14-2020, 05:24 PM
-Gotta go with Nausicaa being one of my fav's for some reason... Love the whole bug world stuff...
-Fireflies was so devastatingly sad to me, i cannot bear to watch it ever again...
-And Arrietty i think is extremely underrated.. i loved that movie.

Ocean Waves is my favorite!
Then probably Spirited Away as it was the first one I saw when I was a kid ^^

Seducio
10-14-2020, 05:43 PM
No because it means some entitled prick enchanter like you thinks I now owe him something. You rolled the class knowing full well that everyone's going to expect C all the time, go anon like the druid if you don't like it.

The most comparable spell of a druids, in mana cost, in duration, and in most common demand (not counting ports) is SoW.

Is it as impactful as clarity? It is not. That doesn't justify the expectation that the druid should spend over three times as much mana returning the favor of your friendly C out in the field. Especially since you'd likely expect SoW on top of the SLN anyway. Don't like it, don't cast the C, the druids will live with out it and you can go on about sniffing your own farts as is the class role of the solo enchanter player.

Did the math trigger you?

Vivitron
10-14-2020, 05:46 PM

Sometimes I already have SoW but feel like role playing as Johnny Apple C'd anyway.

(Your SoW will overwrite Jboots just fine. If they already have SoW, it's like you said -- you have to be at or above the level of the person who cast their existing SoW to overwrite it.)

I agree with others who have said a druid doesn't owe you anything for a drive by C, and that an SoW returned is a nice gesture.

peterpal
10-14-2020, 06:17 PM
I automatically give C to casters - if they buff me back I'll add Insight or Brilliance

douglas1999
10-14-2020, 06:19 PM
Jboots are slow and lame

Tunabros
10-14-2020, 06:19 PM
Ill take any buff even if its skin like wood or courage!! ^^

charmcitysking
10-14-2020, 06:22 PM
sow

Donkey Hotay
10-15-2020, 02:09 AM
Spirit of Wolf is the usual spell here. Most folks prefer it since the majority of drive-by's are done by folks who are traveling like the term implies. On top of that, SoW will quite usually be memorized while relatively few Druids keep Skin Like Nature up fulltime. SLN has enough of a wait, once newly-memorized, that by the time it's ready to cast whoever did the drive-by Clarity has probably already run off. Chloroplast will frequently be memorized but is usually only done at request.

Danth

Exactly this. If you Clarity me, I will gladly swap my always-loaded buff spell (SoW) for whatever you request but I can't read your mind.

Jibartik
10-15-2020, 02:18 AM

whenever i see random someone casting a sow spell next to me, and staring at me, i always click off the sow and pray that i don't get a random strength buff, because I always feel so bad when someone casts sow on me and it doesn't stick.

I also am a whoooooooore and made a /t trade you c for sow? hotkey that I spam like a total fricken a hole.

Also I try to make a rule of if I see you, I will C you.

kjs86z
10-15-2020, 11:05 AM
outside sow

inside (and enc is solo) regen

Vizax_Xaziv
10-15-2020, 11:26 AM

Gotta say though, depending on the player's current situation, SOW could very well be MORE VALUABLE than Clarity.

For anything short of actively killing mobs SOW is a significantly more beneficial buff (for most players, most of the time)

Arvan
10-15-2020, 12:10 PM
The answer is of course
4. Harmony

To soothe the enchanters natural hot blood and paranoia

mcoy
10-15-2020, 12:25 PM
The worst is when I notice someone casting sow on me so I go to click mine off so I get the refresh, and it lands just as I click it off. Then I have to stand there until they leave so they don't notice that I'm a slow-moving idiot...

-Mcoy