adichi
10-05-2020, 10:34 PM
Bring back teal for launch, too many people and not enough pixels to be shared

Soothsayer
10-05-2020, 10:36 PM
True dat

Castle2.0
10-05-2020, 11:03 PM
There's a thread for this already. You gotta vote and post a quick reply to get it trending.

https://www.project1999.com/forums/showthread.php?t=353144

We're closing in on 600 YES votes.

azxten
10-05-2020, 11:09 PM
Only if it's limited to original Teal players.

Those of us who knew merge would happen soon and got easy /list camps would like another go at it.

Swish
10-06-2020, 05:33 AM
It would create a nightmare for duplicate names, moreso than it did already.

Toad1
10-06-2020, 10:39 AM
Dynamic instance seb, vp, chardok, charasis, karnors castle

Your welcome

( that means when it hits 50 players another zone pops with small chance of boss pop every 1-2 hours )

Its like variance that never ends !

Raid bosses with no poopsocking !

Casual Epics in 2020 !

Win/Win/Donald2020

cd288
10-06-2020, 11:20 AM
If they want teal, make it for a very limited time and no character transfers allowed. I.e. it’s around for two weeks and you can only make level 1 characters on it. Can’t transfer any of your existing chars. The reason being that the only possible argument for Teal at Kunark launch is to reduce the load on the lowbie Kunark zones with how many people will make Iksars.

And even then the counter argument is you could wait a week or two to make your Iksar and FoB won’t be as packed.

Toad1
10-06-2020, 12:05 PM
field of bone is huge and has thousands of newbie mobs, its not like gfay

kurns has 20 million skeletons

kjs86z
10-06-2020, 01:52 PM
not classic

move to resolved

Tunabros
10-06-2020, 01:55 PM

kurns has 20 million skeletons

It takes like 5 seconds to kill a skeleton
It will be like black Friday in Kurn's Tower

Tunabros
10-06-2020, 01:55 PM

Agree
Pop will def go up to around 1800+

axisofebola
10-06-2020, 03:53 PM
Agree

Good that's what the population should be.

And its not going to be that bad since a lot of people will be rolling up iksars (mostly necs and monks but still others too),

Then the 50+ folks will have a lot more room to spread around since the old world is still good up to 58ish and for some classic/spots up to 60.

Teal should have never happened to green.

Tunabros
10-06-2020, 04:12 PM
Good that's what the population should be.

And its not going to be that bad since a lot of people will be rolling up iksars (mostly necs and monks but still others too),

Then the 50+ folks will have a lot more room to spread around since the old world is still good up to 58ish and for some classic/spots up to 60.

Teal should have never happened to green.

Yah I agree with this
It might be a little crowded on kunark but that's too be expected

GnomeCaptain
10-06-2020, 04:41 PM
Teal was the best part of green.

uygi
10-06-2020, 07:00 PM
It would create a nightmare for duplicate names, moreso than it did already.

I don't think so, you just block new character creation on Teal. Can just allow lvl 1s to be rolled on Green and let them (and only them) /movelog, solves naming conflicts.

Castle2.0
10-08-2020, 02:34 PM

kurns has 20 million skeletons Haha, lots of skelies but no, not that many. Twinked out monks and necros gonna roll floors 1 2 3, where most skelies are. Could be done by 6 twinked toons grouped or solo. You're gonna have 1-2 people sitting on single spawns, potentially.

Toad1
10-08-2020, 02:35 PM
not like they have anything better to do playing a 20 year old game

they arent opening the dead server back up so you guys can double farm bosses

play blue

Seymoore
10-08-2020, 05:01 PM
If only Iksars had more than one newbie zone they could go to....

apprentice04
10-09-2020, 06:41 AM
kurns will be packed yes, but there are also other players to go level in that range. that wasnt so much an option during green launch. i think opening teal is a bad move

Zwieback
10-09-2020, 06:49 AM
Agree

pop will be probably 1800+, but people will quickly be reminded of how toxic alot of palyers here are and ghost again. Make another server just for Seal Team members and the situation will be alot better.

Chortles Ban Appeal
10-09-2020, 08:06 AM
it’s unlikely they will reopen teal
kunark world size addition can sustain 2k pop, if it were to return
would prefer to see players trickling into formerly ghost town zones

Zoolander
10-09-2020, 08:09 AM
for what? u get more zones, more room for ppl anyways.

or is it about new poopsock camps 😉 ?

Coridan
10-09-2020, 08:40 AM
Cabikis has 4 newbie zones specifically for this situation. Go to LOIO or Swamp

Castle2.0
10-09-2020, 12:09 PM
ZEM
LOIO - 60 (80%)
Swamp of No Hope - 75 (100%)
Field of Bone - 75 (100%)
Kurn's Tower - 150 (200%)

IIRC, LOIO technically has newbie yard trash, but not enough to sustain more than a few people. Also ZEM sucks.

Kurn's is going to be the real crush of people. Double the exp for killing the same mobs.

The real play is to take your baby Iksar to your favorite old world newbie zone. Hook him up with enough food/water and spells, if needed, to not have to bank.

axisofebola
10-09-2020, 01:23 PM
It's a business opportunity for some druids/wizards to teleport peoples twink iksars somewhere else and possibly bind them as well.

Also didn't all the dungeons get revamped exp mods with the super high ones toned down, like befallen, kurns, hhk?

Dolalin
10-09-2020, 02:01 PM
LOIO had a 100zem at Kunark launch. That's how it originally became so popular, and why it was nerfed down to 60 later.

douglas1999
10-11-2020, 01:59 PM
The only logical reason to reopen teal would be if there are really THAT many people wanting to make iksars. When green first launched literally every character was level 1, kunark launch will be everyone with their existing characters of all level ranges and people making lvl 1 iksars. I really can't imagine it will be as bad as green launch was, and even if it is who cares, give it like 3 days and the newbies will stratify because not everybody levels at the same rate. Goofily splitting and then remerging the same playerbase multiple times is a terrible idea.

Castle2.0
10-11-2020, 02:30 PM
Everyone was level 1 when green started, but we had about 12 starting areas.

If Kunark launch pop is similar to Green launch pop and 8-10% of people decide to roll an Iksar and play in the Iksar newbie yard, it will be similar congestion to the other starting areas on Day 1 of Green.

douglas1999
10-11-2020, 05:42 PM

If Kunark launch pop is similar to Green launch pop and 8-10% of people decide to roll an Iksar and play in the Iksar newbie yard, it will be similar congestion to the other starting areas on Day 1 of Green.

Yes but again who cares? If that happens it will sort itself out in a matter of days. Some people will just give up and come back later when it's less congested. Leveling through the first 5-10 levels doesn't take long relatively speaking, so combined with the variance in how long individual people can play it will not be a substantive issue for very long, if it even is at all. And I'd wager that most people who play here are not rabidly eager to make a gay ass lizard.

Zoolander
10-11-2020, 06:33 PM
I bet bb will be full of lvl 1 iksars. gnoll kills/fangs raise faction super fast

Toad1
10-11-2020, 07:10 PM
ZEM
LOIO - 60 (80%)
Swamp of No Hope - 75 (100%)
Field of Bone - 75 (100%)
Kurn's Tower - 150 (200%)

IIRC, LOIO technically has newbie yard trash, but not enough to sustain more than a few people. Also ZEM sucks.

Kurn's is going to be the real crush of people. Double the exp for killing the same mobs.

The real play is to take your baby Iksar to your favorite old world newbie zone. Hook him up with enough food/water and spells, if needed, to not have to bank.

on retail lake of ill omen by the windmill had a thousand mobs

on titanium / p99 it has like 15

the goblin broken buildings are packed as well, that area could support at least 50 people 15-25ish

Natewest1987
10-12-2020, 12:47 AM
Only if it's limited to original Teal players.

Those of us who knew merge would happen soon and got easy /list camps would like another go at it.

There was a lot more to teal than this.

zaneosak
10-12-2020, 03:53 PM
This all depends if they adjust ZEM like they did in the classic zones back in March.
If they do that for Kunark, the server can sustain 2000 people. The outdoor zones being bumped up to 100 ZEM (+33%) like all outdoor zones in classic would be a good start.

The Green ZEM that was adjusted back in March gave us a 4 tiered ZEM system basically.

1. Ultra High ZEM [150+] in vastly unused dungeons (Perma,Kedge,Paw,Runneye,Gorge,CT)
2. High ZEM [110-125] in other "regular" or unused dungeons (Befallen,BB,Najena,SolA,UGuk,QA,CB,HHK,Unrest)
3. Outdoor/City ZEM [100] (+33% of old outdoor normal across the board)
4. Low ZEM [<100] in dungeons with the good loot (LGuk,Solb,Mistmoore)

If they go the same route for Kunark. I would see them keeping all the current dungeon ZEMs where they are for the most part, most of the best loot zones in Kunark are 85 ZEM, basically the "dungeon" standard besides a few of them and basically match SolB and LGuk ZEMs. There are a few execptions likely to unchange though -- like LOIO. If you put 100 ZEM in LOIO whoever got bloodgills would rocket their way to the mid 50s due to how ridiculous that camp is, just an example.

Something like this if they adjust it is reasonable and would help with population, some zones are already in bonuses that fall into the new classic zem system:

1. [150+] ZEM - Kurns,+Droga, Hole (already confirmed the Hole is 150 by March update)
2. [110-125] ZEM - Kaesora,+Dalnir, +Nurga
3. [100] Outdoor/City
4. [<100] Value Loot Dungeons (Seb,HS,CoM,KC,Chardok)

Having outdoor get a moderate buff makes pretty much every zone viable though.

I guess we'll wait and see.

OuterChimp
10-12-2020, 04:20 PM
kERRA Island?

kaizersoze
10-12-2020, 06:16 PM

consider blue :)

M.J.
10-12-2020, 06:29 PM
4. [<100] Value Loot Dungeons (Seb,HS,CoM,KC,Chardok)

CoM feels like one of the few dungeons that is legitimately popular because it's fun and not because it has an overly high exp mod. I could see it being in the bottom tier but if they're upping the outdoor mods for us (crossing fingers) I'd still like to see CoM stay a viable popular exp spot for the sake of Shamans doing epic faction. It is one of the few dungeons you'll actually ever find bards in too, so I've had some great groups there.

That said you can #4 Value Loot CoM to hell and back if Sarnak Fort and Goblin Ruins in LoIO become viable exp spots on Green.

BarnabusCollins
10-13-2020, 04:02 AM
Blue sucks

Tethler
10-13-2020, 05:27 AM
Having outdoor get a moderate buff makes pretty much every zone viable though.

For sure. I love solo and small group play, so I've been loving the outdoor ZEMs since the change. Really reduces congestion in popular zones, and you don't feel bad when grinding spots that aren't optimal because the difference is much smaller now.

zaneosak
10-13-2020, 10:15 AM
For sure. I love solo and small group play, so I've been loving the outdoor ZEMs since the change. Really reduces congestion in popular zones, and you don't feel bad when grinding spots that aren't optimal because the difference is much smaller now.

Totally -- it's not AMAZING like the big ZEM zones but having outdoor zones be 25% less XP than like upper guk and sol a is so much better than having them be nearly half as good. If you manage to find an outdoor zone with the new 100 ZEM and combine it with blue cons that are very high level , like 2-3 levels below you, the XP is quite good.

Vivitron
10-13-2020, 11:16 AM
I find lower guk on green to be a bummer: max level players farming nameds, no pick up groups. I think it's worth seriously reconsidering whether this is actually preferable to having the loot camps be highly sought after by leveling groups.

Separating the best loot camps from the fastest xp camps to spread people out seems like a good idea, but I think the current ZEM difference is too much; instead of spreading leveling groups it separates leveling from farming, and the game play experience of "I'll go back and camp my hooded black cloak solo when the camp is brain-dead easy and I'll have to stand in line behind another max level player doing the same" is shit.

douglas1999
10-13-2020, 01:28 PM
Yeah I definitely miss lower guk having a robust population, I'm not sure if there's any way to get that back on p99 though, other than artificially making the named mobs that drop loot in lguk harder so that they can't be soloed by any class at lvl 50, but a group of 40's can kill them. That would take some really precise tuning and would hardly be classic.

Toad1
10-13-2020, 01:30 PM
I find lower guk on green to be a bummer: max level players farming nameds, no pick up groups. I think it's worth seriously reconsidering whether this is actually preferable to having the loot camps be highly sought after by leveling groups.

Separating the best loot camps from the fastest xp camps to spread people out seems like a good idea, but I think the current ZEM difference is too much; instead of spreading leveling groups it separates leveling from farming, and the game play experience of "I'll go back and camp my hooded black cloak solo when the camp is brain-dead easy and I'll have to stand in line behind another max level player doing the same" is shit.

on aradune i have seen as many as 18 lower guk instances with 40 people in each, you can always grab a good camp and plenty of mobs for everyone!

( 1 instance is not enough )

Caleb_Crawdad
10-13-2020, 06:33 PM
Would be a great opportunity for a PvP Teams Server. No item loot. A lot of fun to be had.

Gorster
10-13-2020, 08:24 PM
No.

ScottBerta
10-14-2020, 12:42 AM
Name of the game will be get to Kurns first. Get the PL druid ready and get ahead of the other Iksars. If you get caught in the mix with all of them then your better off waiting a week or two. But if you can skip FoB and go straight to Kurns with a 50 druid than you will be just fine.

greatdane
10-14-2020, 08:05 AM
Do you reckon they'll enable accelerated respawns again for FoB, just for a couple of days?

Otherwise necros are better off toughing it out until level 4, train meditate and buy their spells up to level 12 or 16, and then get a port and bind in WFP or Gfay or something. Other classes will be shackled to Cabilis for a while but necros don't really need to visit a trainer after 4.

BarnabusCollins
10-14-2020, 10:38 AM
Teal ain't happening with a current pop of 800 at primetime on Green.

Fammaden
10-14-2020, 10:48 AM
Its definitely going to go up with Kunark release, but not sure I see it going up over 2k like it was when they opened Teal.

Castle2.0
10-14-2020, 12:40 PM
Max Pop on Green per Day

Some insights

Teal launched on November 3, 2019. Chart below does not include Teal Pop while Teal was live
Teal merged back into Green on January 19, 2020
April & May 2020 is when we had the (ineffective) corona lockdowns

Max pop per day has been cruising around 1k for months.

Prediction:

We'll hit 1500-2000 max pop for first week of Kunark. I predict we cruise at around 1200-1400 max pop for the following 3 weeks. Not sure after that. Maybe keep going at 1200.

Noselacri
10-14-2020, 12:45 PM
The difference is that not everyone's starting an iksar on Kunark's launch day. The vast majority of players are gonna be on their level 50 mains. Given the small selection of classes available to iksars and the fact that they technically have two starting zones (you don't have to level in FoB), I'm not convinced it'll be bad enough that opening a second server will be necessary. And I say that as someone who will be playing an iksar. When green launched, 100% of the playerbase was starting from fresh, so even though they were spread out across a number of starting zones, I don't expect the iksar region to be as crowded as green's launch was.

Why go through the trouble to re-open teal for like three days? FoB might have a hundred dudes in it on launch night but it's not like that's gonna remain the case. Now that there's the possibility of getting ported and bound in some other starting zone, I doubt anyone will find themselves unable to play an iksar just because there's too many of them around.

Castle2.0
10-14-2020, 02:10 PM
The difference is that not everyone's starting an iksar on Kunark's launch day. The vast majority of players are gonna be on their level 50 mains. Given the small selection of classes available to iksars and the fact that they technically have two starting zones (you don't have to level in FoB), I'm not convinced it'll be bad enough that opening a second server will be necessary. And I say that as someone who will be playing an iksar. When green launched, 100% of the playerbase was starting from fresh, so even though they were spread out across a number of starting zones, I don't expect the iksar region to be as crowded as green's launch was.

Why go through the trouble to re-open teal for like three days? FoB might have a hundred dudes in it on launch night but it's not like that's gonna remain the case. Now that there's the possibility of getting ported and bound in some other starting zone, I doubt anyone will find themselves unable to play an iksar just because there's too many of them around.

You might be right, but let's play this one out...

On launch day we had 2652 peak pop. Day 2 was 2442. Day 3 was 2077. It was either that day or the following Day Teal came out. One reason for the pre-Teal population drop was overcrowding.

Let's say 2652 all spread out evenly across the 12 or so starting areas. That's 221 people per starting area. Probably had more in gfay/qeynos and fewer in innothule/feerrott.

How many people do you think are going to roll Iksars and go to field of bone the first day of kunark?

cd288
10-14-2020, 07:10 PM

On launch day we had 2652 peak pop. Day 2 was 2442. Day 3 was 2077. It was either that day or the following Day Teal came out. One reason for the pre-Teal population drop was overcrowding.

Let's say 2652 all spread out evenly across the 12 or so starting areas. That's 221 people per starting area. Probably had more in gfay/qeynos and fewer in innothule/feerrott.

How many people do you think are going to roll Iksars and go to field of bone the first day of kunark?

So if you feel FoB is too crowded then wait a few days and then roll your Iksar.

Danth
10-14-2020, 08:48 PM
So if you feel FoB is too crowded then wait a few days and then roll your Iksar.

The initial madhouse rush is the fun part here. Everything else is the same business-as-usual that we've had on "Blue" for 11 years. Watching gank squads of newbies running around slaughtering anything that moved was the most amusing experience I had on "Green."

Danth

Tunabros
10-14-2020, 09:59 PM

You sure do take this game seriously lol

Castle2.0
10-14-2020, 10:54 PM
So if you feel FoB is too crowded then wait a few days and then roll your Iksar. Facts first, conclusions later.

How many people do you think are gonna roll Iksars day 1 and rock around in FoB?

I'm curious. Who knows if Teal will get re-released. I do believe it never should have merged in the first place.

You sure do take this game seriously lol I am just curious how the world works, and by extension how microcosms of the world work.

greatdane
10-15-2020, 12:54 AM
I would venture to guess that at most 5-10% of the playerbase will make serious iksar alts that they actually intend to play, but in the first few hours there'll be loads more who roll up an iksar just to dick around and talk shit in FoB /ooc.

With iksars essentially having two starting zones (granted, LOIO is a lot crappier than FoB/Kurns, but it's there) I think it'll probably be fine within 48 hours.

Tunabros
10-15-2020, 01:00 AM
4 Types of People on Kunark Launch Day
1. Neckbeards rushing to be the first to get an item to show off or sell for crazy high price
2. People who make an ikky necro, monk, or shaman
3. People who don't care and just want to experience classic
4. People who forgot kunark existed

Can't wait to see what Kunark has in store for p99 community

Fammaden
10-15-2020, 06:47 AM

Castle2.0's interest in seeing Teal reopened 100% begins and ends with his desire to more effectively shitsock /list camps from day one until the items are removed. He's not interested in arguing the pros/cons in good faith, he starts with the conclusion of "I want KunarkTeal" and shoehorns his evidence to revolve around that.

Castle2.0
10-15-2020, 08:42 AM
Castle2.0's interest in seeing Teal reopened 100% begins and ends with his desire to more effectively shitsock /list camps from day one until the items are removed. He's not interested in arguing the pros/cons in good faith, he starts with the conclusion of "I want KunarkTeal" and shoehorns his evidence to revolve around that. Says the bad-faith idiot who starts from this assumption, and avoids any reasonable argument. Your "Castle2.0 is just a l3wt camper" argument got blown apart - looks like you forgot. You can go back and read the long list of "l3wtz" I never camped on Green. /bonk

Fammaden, I know you are President of my fanclub and will follow me around cheering in various threads. But really now, it's a little embarrassing, and I'm blushing.