PDA

View Full Version : Free rings of the ancients for everyone!

axisofebola
10-04-2020, 05:18 PM
You too can get a free ring of the ancients. All you need to do is show up in south ro at 9 pm sharp for a chance to score your own! The AC generally spawns toward the south of the desert not too far from the gypsy camp but it has spots t can spawn all over the desert areas. It's supposed to be a 10% chance but seems closer to 15-20.

All you need to do is take any reasonably decently leveled character to a spot and just log them in when the AC is about to pop. For just a couple minutes of your time you have a good chance to score a ring.

A tiny handful of people and one in particular have dominating this camp, largely due to completely unlcassic ranger tracking. Made millions of plat off it. Time to make this camp classic again.

Tunabros
10-04-2020, 06:17 PM
Just like QM
if u kill a bunch of placeholders and see that someone in the zone killed the mob your after
after you spent like 30 min killing stuff

you start to get a little irritated
so tbh I prefer a list rather than FTE

Castle2.0
10-04-2020, 06:34 PM
Millions of plat eh?

5K per ring, you need 400 rings + camp 400 rapiers to make 2 mil

15% chance means you get one ring once every 6-7 EQ days. About once every 10 hours.

So in ~166 days if someone or some group camped it every single 90 minute EQ day, then camp shadowed men for 400 rapiers, they could make 2 million plat.

My hats off to them. Go for it.

P.S. Gotta find buyers and you gotta get Hasten up and "hailed" - 400 times

axisofebola
10-04-2020, 07:08 PM
Millions of plat eh?

5K per ring, you need 400 rings + camp 400 rapiers to make 2 mil

15% chance means you get one ring once every 6-7 EQ days. About once every 10 hours.

So in ~166 days if someone or some group camped it every single 90 minute EQ day, then camp shadowed men for 400 rapiers, they could make 2 million plat.

My hats off to them. Go for it.

P.S. Gotta find buyers and you gotta get Hasten up and "hailed" - 400 times

It'scloser to 120 days... but the point is you only need to log in for a couple minutes. so you make 2 mil plat in 4 hours of real worldtime.

Castle2.0
10-04-2020, 07:19 PM
It'scloser to 120 days...

90 minute pop, 15% chance = 600 minutes (or 10 hours.) 10 hours per pop x 400 rings = 4,000 hours. 4,000 hours divided by 24 hours = 166.67 days.

so you make 2 mil plat in 4 hours of real worldtime. Sounds like you should go do it then ;) I guess this is how we get people making millions from Pyzjn. Not.

P.S. Don't forget the Rapiers. Have you camped one yet?

axisofebola
10-04-2020, 07:26 PM
90 minute pop, 15% chance = 600 minutes (or 10 hours.) 10 hours per pop x 400 rings = 4,000 hours. 4,000 hours divided by 24 hours = 166.67 days.

Sounds like you should go do it then ;) I guess this is how we get people making millions from Pyzjn. Not.

P.S. Don't forget the Rapiers. Have you camped one yet?

There are 72 minutes in an EQ day.

Who cares about the stupid rapiers? It's meaningless in the face of the absolute numbers. You can pay someone to farm those for you for a minuscule fraction of the total profit. Complete red herring.

Castle2.0
10-04-2020, 08:54 PM
Ahhh you're right! I haven't camped Pyzjn in a while. Now I remember. 24 hours, 3 minutes per hour, its 72 minutes. That's why I laid out my calculations in case I made an error, which I did.

Rapiers still take time to camp. They aren't an unlimited resource neither are people buying jboots.

Can 1 person sell 400 jboots? With AC permacamped... I'm not sure there's even that demand.

Even so, have at it. If you found such a gem, go for it - I'll gladly buy my jboots from you for 5k.

Videri
10-04-2020, 09:10 PM
Just like QM
if u kill a bunch of placeholders and see that someone in the zone killed the mob your after
after you spent like 30 min killing stuff

you start to get a little irritated
so tbh I prefer a list rather than FTE

Well, good news! No placeholders are involved. The SRo AC (or its ph) respawns at 9pm - whether or not someone kills the placeholder. Anyone rounding up mobs and AEing them down is just wasting mana. All you gotta do is be on the sand at 9pm and try to FTE it with a mage-summoned dispel stick or something.

damus1
10-04-2020, 09:55 PM
While its a much better option than the oot zerg list , its not as easy as you're bragging. Its already a well known spawn cycle so you won't be alone there, most times theres enough people there that track will be useless except for confirming that it spawns; people are spread out all over the place and FTE usually happens in seconds.

still, its pretty low-effort to check in every 72mins and its fun to race against other players, but you're not gonna be making millions of plat here

peterpal
10-04-2020, 11:00 PM
You are correct. There's always 2 or 3 of the same rangers that get almost all of the rings.
I stuck with one position and over a few weeks I eventually got one. Still very annoying.

Nuggie
10-05-2020, 12:51 AM
Trying to get other people to help you "get back" at someone, eh? lame.

Also, trying to claim AC because you're clearing trash mobs in the zone is dumb. When in Rome, do what the Romans do.

Castle2.0
10-05-2020, 02:02 AM
While its a much better option than the oot zerg list , its not as easy as you're bragging. Its already a well known spawn cycle so you won't be alone there, most times theres enough people there that track will be useless except for confirming that it spawns; people are spread out all over the place and FTE usually happens in seconds.

still, its pretty low-effort to check in every 72mins and its fun to race against other players, but you're not gonna be making millions of plat here

NPC
10-05-2020, 07:05 PM
The South Ro spawn is not supposed to be the rare pop, the Ocean of Tears should be much more rare. South Ro is supposed to have 9-10 unique named mobs (a mummy, dry bone skeleton, an asp, a madman, a coyote, ect.) all slightly different from the usual names, that are the only place holders, they all roam, they all re-pop ~14min. Its supposed to be you kill those mobs only at night, each one you kill gives you 10% chance of a pop from 9pm till like 6am. If you kill mobs that arent PH, like spiders, then it will start a spawn cycle for other mobs, like giants or terrorantula an actually prevents the AC spawn. So you couldn't just spam kill everything. I made over 600k on live servers popping South Ro selling MQ for 20k-50k a ring. You could pop one every couple hours if you knew the PH's.

Toad1
10-05-2020, 08:19 PM
120 days of eq is nothing when you have no job, you play everyday already !

cd288
10-06-2020, 11:22 AM
The South Ro spawn is not supposed to be the rare pop, the Ocean of Tears should be much more rare. South Ro is supposed to have 9-10 unique named mobs (a mummy, dry bone skeleton, an asp, a madman, a coyote, ect.) all slightly different from the usual names, that are the only place holders, they all roam, they all re-pop ~14min. Its supposed to be you kill those mobs only at night, each one you kill gives you 10% chance of a pop from 9pm till like 6am. If you kill mobs that arent PH, like spiders, then it will start a spawn cycle for other mobs, like giants or terrorantula an actually prevents the AC spawn. So you couldn't just spam kill everything. I made over 600k on live servers popping South Ro selling MQ for 20k-50k a ring. You could pop one every couple hours if you knew the PH's.

That’s a lot of text to basically say “I personally feel like things were different on live back in the day but have no actual evidence to present to prove it”

Tunabros
10-06-2020, 02:05 PM
Well, good news! No placeholders are involved. The SRo AC (or its ph) respawns at 9pm - whether or not someone kills the placeholder. Anyone rounding up mobs and AEing them down is just wasting mana. All you gotta do is be on the sand at 9pm and try to FTE it with a mage-summoned dispel stick or something.

Wow really? Maybe I'll try this out. My necro could sure use one =)

NPC
10-06-2020, 07:18 PM
That’s a lot of text to basically say “I personally feel like things were different on live back in the day but have no actual evidence to present to prove it”

I'm sick of hearing this BS, there are progression servers on live, they could just copy mobs, spawn timers, drops, everything so they get it right, instead of pulling shet out their azzes. Accuracy is apparently not something P99 is interested in. You want to see real old EQ? There it is, take that evidence shove it.

BarnabusCollins
10-07-2020, 06:44 AM
// On each server tick run:

If ((GameTimeHour >= 21) || (GameTimeHour <= 07)) //military time
// Run SRo night (AC) night spawn code (10% chance)

Else
// Run Sro Daytime spawn code

Coding the south Ro AC to act like it was on live is as simple as that I dont know why p99 has never done it.

Nuggie
10-07-2020, 10:20 AM
I'm sick of hearing this BS, there are progression servers on live, they could just copy mobs, spawn timers, drops, everything so they get it right, instead of pulling shet out their azzes. Accuracy is apparently not something P99 is interested in. You want to see real old EQ? There it is, take that evidence shove it.

Heh, you're new around here and aren't aware of how painstakingly long nilbog has spent doing exactly what you're suggested. Unfortunately, as Sony(now DBG) has said a great many times, they don't have copies of the code as it was back in the day. The current code is not as it was in many instances. What nilbog, et al., have created here is the closest we will likely ever see to classic EQ.

pivo
10-07-2020, 01:04 PM
You too can get a free ring of the ancients.

All you need to do is take any reasonably decently leveled character to a spot and just log them in when the AC is about to pop. F

What is: reasonably decently leveled character
What level is needed to get this ring? On all my toons combined, I don't have 5K, so this ring could be of some help :p

Videri
10-07-2020, 02:42 PM

Long ago, an original EQ dev leaked the actual script.

ENCOUNTER_DESCRIPTION SROHusamAncientNightfall
MONSTER_1_NAME a_desert_madman
MONSTER_1_NIGHT_NAME an_ancient_cyclops
MONSTER_1_PERCENT 10
MONSTER_2_NAME a_sand_giant
MONSTER_2_NIGHT_NAME a_mummy
MONSTER_2_PERCENT 20
MONSTER_3_NAME a_sand_giant
MONSTER_3_PERCENT 10
MONSTER_4_NAME a_dervish_cutthroat
MONSTER_4_PERCENT 30
MONSTER_5_NAME a_desert_madman
MONSTER_5_PERCENT 30

This cycle applies to only one mob. It has a 30.6-minute respawn time.

https://www.project1999.com/forums/showthread.php?t=10492

Videri
10-07-2020, 02:46 PM
Wow really? Maybe I'll try this out. My necro could sure use one =)

Yep, it works as I described it. If you sit in South Ro at 6pm game time and watch /who, you'll see the population climb as 9pm approaches, then dive a minute or so later as people confirm the AC either didn't spawn or is engaged.

Some theorize based on the spawn table I just posted that if you kill the AC or whatever spawns in its stead, there's another 10% chance that the AC will spawn just before dawn if you kill it soon enough. I don't think it's worth it. Maybe it would be worth it if the AC/ph had a single spawn point, but it's somewhat randomized. If you want to race for SRo ACs, just go there at 9pm, try, and then leave and go about your EverQuesting.

BarnabusCollins
10-07-2020, 09:53 PM
The code from live is for live looong ago. On p99 its 9pm or bust.

pivo
10-07-2020, 10:41 PM
So, Ancient Cyclop is lvl 32. What is comfortable level for clumsy player to be able to kill it?

https://wiki.project1999.com/An_Ancient_Cyclops_(Southern_Ro)

Also, what is it's proper name to insert into '/pet attack' command?

pivo
10-07-2020, 10:57 PM
Also, what is it's proper name to insert into '/pet attack' command?

This one?
/pet attack an_ancient_cyclops