PDA

View Full Version : The Sleeper

Akhet
10-02-2020, 08:21 PM
I am a very, very casual player who has barely made level 30 on a necro since green opened. I have done many of the low level quests though from Qeynos to Freeport, which may be part of the reason why I level so slowly. Plus, I went back and forth with my Warrior for about 6 months

Anyway, here's my question. What do I need to do for my Necro to catch a glimpse of the sleeping Sleeper when Velious is released? Is there any hope for the likes of a player like me to even see (besides on You Tube) what may be to a small but devoted following the holy grail of gaming?

turbosilk
10-02-2020, 08:40 PM
Expect that you'll need to be in a top raid guild.

douglas1999
10-02-2020, 09:13 PM
Give up showering and any semblance of a normal mammalian sleep cycle.

Videri
10-02-2020, 09:23 PM
Getting into Sleeper's Tomb requires a key. To get this key, you need to loot an item from various high-end Velious raid bosses. These bosses will be hotly contested by the various raid guilds of Green. ST keys will be among the most prized items, and supply will be very limited.

Furthermore, guilds will prioritize keying certain classes in order to efficiently assemble a keyed raid force in order to begin farming the Warders for primal weapons and other ST loot. They'll probably key one warrior, multiple clerics, one enchanter and one shaman for buffs, and a swarm of rogues. The number of necros will probably be low at first.

So, not only will you need to join one of these guilds, then compete against other guilds to kill those bosses - you'll also need to compete within that guild to get the key.

If you don't want loot from ST, don't bother going in there. It will cost a huge investment of time. It wouldn't be worth it to score a Sleeper's Key just to look around.

If you're interested, you can log onto a test server or EZ server or something, a server where everyone is a GM, and you can go take a look around.

kaizersoze
10-02-2020, 09:47 PM
I am a very, very casual player who has barely made level 30 on a necro since green opened. I have done many of the low level quests though from Qeynos to Freeport, which may be part of the reason why I level so slowly. Plus, I went back and forth with my Warrior for about 6 months

Anyway, here's my question. What do I need to do for my Necro to catch a glimpse of the sleeping Sleeper when Velious is released? Is there any hope for the likes of a player like me to even see (besides on You Tube) what may be to a small but devoted following the holy grail of gaming?

Well you're first and foremost going to need to quit your job, probably 6+ months before Velious comes out, join the top guild, save all your DKP for an ST key unless they're loot counselled, which good luck getting an LC key on a necro but maybe they will, you're going to basically need to raid non stop, wake up for every batphone, and neckbeard to the point you wonder why you're doing this because it is more than likely effecting your work / personal life. In short, if you're a casual, you're not gonna see the sleeper.

Philistine
10-02-2020, 10:23 PM

I think most of these responses are assuming you want to raid in ST while the Sleeper is still there , or to be part of the guild that wakes him up.

If you just want to see (and maybe be murdered by) him, you just need to place yourself in one of the non-ST zones that he rampages through after being awoken. I believe he goes to Skyshrine and murders Lord Yelinak, so getting high enough to get keyed for SS and being online when he's woken up should do the trick. The requirements for that should be a LOT less time intensive than getting keyed for ST.

Bardp1999
10-03-2020, 02:31 AM
Well you're first and foremost going to need to quit your job, probably 6+ months before Velious comes out, join the top guild, save all your DKP for an ST key unless they're loot counselled, which good luck getting an LC key on a necro but maybe they will, you're going to basically need to raid non stop, wake up for every batphone, and neckbeard to the point you wonder why you're doing this because it is more than likely effecting your work / personal life. In short, if you're a casual, you're not gonna see the sleeper.

This is not an exaggeration sadly

dwikt96
10-03-2020, 06:23 AM
This is not an exaggeration sadly

It's pretty easy to answer batphones and sock a few mobs if you're working from home right now.

That said there are people already saving for ST keys so good luck.

Solist
10-03-2020, 08:12 AM
Play on any other, equally as important eq server that has sleeper mobs up. Go kill them. get pixels.

An SoD on TAKP is 60k in the bazaar. Salindrite 30k. BoC's have enraging blow and are cheap.

Go have fun. Server is historically without years of unmentionable conduct either, and is just as stable/near as accurate as p99, without massively overtuned raid content resists and atk power. Downside is you can't mouse scroll out.

Pretzelle
10-03-2020, 09:10 AM
TAKP is a great p99 alternative without 10 years of the most toxic people on the internet as baggage. Everyone there is helpful, all raid content is rotated, and you're allowed to 3 box. The community is smaller but there are about 6 or 7 healthy guilds to choose from.

kjs86z
10-03-2020, 09:44 AM
hopefully the sleeper is wakey wakey eggs n bac-y the moment a big enough raid force is keyed

let the screams of anguish resonate amidst the great halls of p99 green

Nirgon
10-03-2020, 01:36 PM
When sleeper talismans drop, the first thing a guild leader doesn't ask himself is "who is the most casual player on the most useless raid class that doesn't wield primal".

Enjoy everything else, some things are for the neckbeards and should stay that way.

hopefully the sleeper is wakey wakey eggs n bac-y the moment a big enough raid force is keyed

let the screams of anguish resonate amidst the great halls of p99 green

rustled beta clinger detected

Tunabros
10-03-2020, 02:45 PM
Be in a top raiding guild
or watch and dream on youtube

Jibartik
10-03-2020, 03:12 PM
would be cool if green killed him!

azeth
10-03-2020, 03:34 PM
If you're in the top guild, and a full member in good standing who actively raids, you will be keyed by the time that guild or a competitor kills the 4th warder to wake Kerafyrm forever.

Your goal is to join the top guild and be an active raider on Velious release. As a medium activity raiding Necro, expect to be keyed approx 2 months from Velious drop

Pretzelle
10-03-2020, 03:35 PM
If you're in the top guild, and a full member in good standing who actively raids, you will be keyed by the time that guild or a competitor kills the 4th warder to wake Kerafyrm forever.

Your goal is to join the top guild and be an active raider on Velious release. As a medium activity raiding Necro, expect to be keyed approx 2 months from Velious drop

This. Level a monk or rogue now and bank DKP through Kunark.

White_knight
10-03-2020, 04:10 PM
Really isnt worth the time investment.

And also as many have mentioned:
1. No casual will get to see warders
2. You darn better suck guild leaders/officers and their 20 year long eq pals cocks to have a shot at it.

Videri is spot on: if you're super casual just login to eqlive servers level a toon to 80-90 in a day or so then go zone ij to look around.

Toad1
10-03-2020, 05:41 PM
id say the first thing you need to do is reroll to a class thats viable enough to deserve a ST key

Monk or rogue if your dps

clr if support

I wonder how long it will take for green players to kill all 4 warders and ruin the zone?

Will they do it this time or can they be smart?

axisofebola
10-03-2020, 06:09 PM
just like wars, you shouldn't really need many monks. Main bottlenecks are usually rogues/clerics. bards sometimes important too but not sure about sleepers tomb. We used to have a saying "as many clerics as we need and as many roguees as we can get"

matticas
10-03-2020, 07:01 PM

Is that even possible? Seems no.

Toad1
10-03-2020, 07:11 PM
it is, it just takes alot of players

no manaburn so has to be all melee, lots of rezzing needs to happen so figure 30 clr and 100 melee could do it in around 2-3 hours, problem is custom server has broken regen and you might not be able to out damage it depending on how stupid it is

Akhet
10-03-2020, 11:17 PM
As an addendum to my opening post: I didn't mean to imply that I had a 'right' or should even expect to see all the content of this awesome museum. I was just wondering if there might be a chance to see what, I think, drew many people to this server.

When sleeper talismans drop, the first thing a guild leader doesn't ask himself is "who is the most casual player on the most useless raid class that doesn't wield primal".

Enjoy everything else, some things are for the neckbeards and should stay that way

Harsh but honest I suppose. I do like this game and I think it is a much better hobby than many other things I used to do, and I may devote more time to it. So, I do appreciate the pragmatic advice regarding class and guild choice. Even if I never see the Warders/Kerafyrm perhaps I can experience most parts of the game.

Nuggie
10-03-2020, 11:24 PM
Make a melee(monk/rogue), necro's have very little use in Velious raiding.

cd288
10-04-2020, 02:34 AM
It's pretty easy to answer batphones and sock a few mobs if you're working from home right now.

That said there are people already saving for ST keys so good luck.

Answering bat phones in the middle of the night thereby affecting your work productivity/performance the next day isn’t worth it and someone doing that should really re-evaluate their priorities

Zoolander
10-04-2020, 05:31 AM
Is that even possible? Seems no.

he was killed on sullon zek back the day

Nuggie
10-04-2020, 10:51 AM
he was killed on sullon zek back the day

He was bugged at the time. I want to say his regen wasn't working.

turbosilk
10-04-2020, 12:24 PM

Only a guild full of haters would release Kerafyrm.

turbosilk
10-04-2020, 12:26 PM

It's as big an accomplishment as killing the Priest of Discord and the PoD has better loot.

Graahle
10-04-2020, 02:33 PM
Only a guild full of haters would release Kerafyrm.

If you think for one second it won’t happen then your naïveté knows no bounds.

Ripqozko
10-04-2020, 03:44 PM
Sorry you dont got warder loot

turbosilk
10-04-2020, 09:07 PM
Sorry you dont got warder loot

Sorry you didn't get it 20 years ago when it slightly mattered.

ScottBerta
10-05-2020, 01:52 AM
The people that do wake sleeper.. are only winning at p99. Don’t only win at p99.

ClephNote
10-05-2020, 02:43 AM
Has any server/TLP/Emu ever resisted the temptation?

I assume no.

When Jesus comes back, the whole world is going to hell, because we can’t share warder loot.

Pretzelle
10-05-2020, 10:04 AM

I assume no.

When Jesus comes back, the whole world is going to hell, because we can’t share warder loot.

TAKP.

Videri
10-05-2020, 10:09 AM
TAKP.

I thought it can't be woken there. You can even kill all four warders.

Tiger_King
10-28-2020, 07:27 PM
Grand idea here: Remove the ability for rogues to picklock their way into sleepers tomb.

Baler
10-28-2020, 07:51 PM
The people that do wake sleeper.. are only winning at p99. Don’t only win at p99.

But then they get to say cool stuff like "Sorry you didn't get warder loot." and make gifs flashing their Sceptre of Destruction to the other car, at the person who didn't get one.
I think these people have gone on to be extremely successful in life. Seeing as how there was nothing left for them on p99 and most were mad at them for waking sleeper and ending the loot.

Really it's the ultimate way out.

Seducio
10-28-2020, 08:06 PM
In a perfect world they would move on. However I believe you are underestimating their addiction levels.

In this world a new eq server opens that they have the option to dominate.

They take that option.

Scott is right.

Baler
10-28-2020, 08:08 PM
Most of rampage went to world of warcraft after waking the sleeper on blue.
Red Pill, There is nothing left after sleeper.

Seducio
10-28-2020, 08:13 PM
They never played EQ again? Doubt it.

Tunabros
10-28-2020, 10:13 PM
Most of rampage went to world of warcraft after waking the sleeper on blue.
Red Pill, There is nothing left after sleeper.

they did beat the game lol

Seducio
10-28-2020, 10:18 PM
NewGame+

Nuggie
10-29-2020, 12:06 AM
In theory a new green server opening after the current rolls into blue(should that still be the plan and happen) would take the drive away to "screw" the competition by waking the sleeper and simultaneously take away the sting of him being woken.

Boagie
10-31-2020, 08:14 AM

I assume no.

I believe the Live Mac server, Al'Kabor, did, all the ways up until the server's death.