PDA

View Full Version : So when did the tracking list get expanded?

DMN
09-28-2020, 01:42 PM
I know for all of the classic period I played, I don't recall this expanded tracking list we have both on green and blue. You saw something like 15 mobs or so and that was it no scrolling/filter no nothing. I keep seeing these rangers running around tracking places they would have had zero chances to track in due to trash mobs and the newer spawning mobs going to the bottom of the tracking list. Very unclassic. Any plans/potential to fix this?

PabloEdvardo
09-28-2020, 02:14 PM
LMGTFY

http://wiki.project1999.com/Patch_Notes

February 21, 2001 3:00 am

Tracking

Tracking now works in full view for all classes that can use it, and sports a nifty scroll bar that allows players to see everything on the list. In addition, the /trackplayer setting is now saved to the eqclient.ini file

Fun fact: originally, druid track skill being capped extremely low was considered a benefit due to the limitations of the original tracking window

Swish
09-28-2020, 04:54 PM
Fun fact: originally, druid track skill being capped extremely low was considered a benefit due to the limitations of the original tracking window

lol :rolleyes:

Googi
09-28-2020, 05:13 PM
/who npc works just fine

DMN
09-28-2020, 06:11 PM

It was certainly considered the best in any mob dense areas.escpeially post the buff to 50 anyway.

You ever try tracking i a mob dense area with only like 12-15 mobs on the list? ranger track was pretty much useless outside of the karanas/raid repop stuff

Baler
09-28-2020, 07:06 PM

I stand by this!
Larger tracking area = greater advantage. Not everyone knew exactly where mobs spawned back in the day. And swish's response is on point in terms of CLASSIC