PDA

View Full Version : The Ultimate Guide to Bone Knights!

Ivory
09-25-2020, 06:19 PM
Just sit right back and you'll hear a tale... a tale of a fateful strength, that started from the noble gnomes, regardless of their length!

And that strength isss.... bone knighting!

I have been gettin some questions on a guide for what to do as a bone knight. What kinda equipment? What race (gnome)? How do you battle?!

Well! I'll share my great gnome knowledge, and you too shall achieve great power.

Race

Well, first off the primary thing you is lookin for is dex ... then a little strength can help, or int. It probably isn't worth it for stamina, since even at level 60 you will only get 2.4 HP per point of stamina. It can help some, but dex helps increase DPS (especially with the variety of proc weapons a necro gets).

RACE...............STR....STA.....AGI.....DEX....W IS......INT.....CHA.....BONUS
Gnome..............60......70.......85......95.... ...67.......108.....60.........30
Iksar.................70......70.......90......95. ......80........85......55.........30
Dark Elf.............60......65.......90......85....... 83.......109.....60.........30
Erudite..............60......70.......70......80.. .....83.......117.....70.........30
Human..............75......75.......75......85.... ...75........85......75.........30

Now, some people theorize that iksars is best. They get a sizable AC boost at level 60 (about 40-50ac), and some nice regen boost! (a difference of 8 hp a tick standing at level 60...and 11 hp a tick sitting).

It's nice... BUT, let us consider gnomes.

RACE...............STR....STA.....AGI.....DEX....W IS......INT.....CHA.....BONUS
Gnome..............60......70.......85......95.... ...67.......108.....60.........30
Iksar.................70......70.......90......95. ......80........85......55.........30

As you can see, gnomes got the same dex... and 23 (!!!!) more starting int! That means a gnome can throw 25 points (maximum) into dex at the start, giving them a whoppin 120 dex, and an iksar would have to throw that into int just to be the same.

Effectively, while iksars get their AC + regen, they lose a +25 bonus to dex or int.

Gnomes also got superior peepers (able to see through walls is EXTREEEMELY useful for checking spawns and targeting and not getting lost). A gnome used to the power of gnome peepers just has a passive knowledge of everything around them, because they are so used to wall-checking everything.

Gnomes also get a blanket faction bonus with most things. That means they can faction up a lot easier (if they are even KOS) and be welcome in all the cities.... including evil cities with skeleton form. I even took the time to become non-kos to surefall glade (and all druids at teleport spots)....and become non-kos to karana residence. When kunark comes, I'll be non-kos in the outpost AND firiona vie. You just can't underestimate the power of faction.

Gnome size also lets them get places other people can't go. Fittin through gates, and doors and all sorts of things! Can even swim through the closed gates in kedge keep as a gnome!

Is iksar +8 regen and AC worth all that? Nope! Gnomes is great!!

So, +25 to dex, +5 to str (helps make up the lack of str a little)

Equipment!!

Gettin decent armors is pretty cheap actually as a bone knight. You can splurge for a few higher ticket items (like thick banded belt or cloak of shadows)... but overall focus on AC + DEX + HP

https://wiki.project1999.com/Magelo_Green:Non-Planar_Bone_Knight

and here is a glimpse into the future with kunark...

https://wiki.project1999.com/Magelo_Green:Palabin_the_Bone_Knight

Look at all them ACs!! And even nice INT with the rod of annihilation reducing it by 50...and all that DEX.... so stronks!!!

Weapons

Generally, the greatest weapons are going to be proccing. Since the strategy is to maximize DEX to take advantage of vampiric embrace, it also translates to boosting all the proc weapons you get.

Which means!!

1 - 16 (6 damage DD, +6 damage a tick for a minute)
https://wiki.project1999.com/Crookstinger

16 - 18 (30 damage proc)
https://wiki.project1999.com/Obsidian_Shard

18 - 28 (20 damage DD, and 2 ticks of 15 damage)
https://wiki.project1999.com/Stiletto_of_the_Bloodclaw

28+ (48 damage proc + interrupt)
https://wiki.project1999.com/Staff_of_writhing

and then situational

46+ (585 DD to undead!!!)
https://wiki.project1999.com/Staff_of_undead_legions

30+ (162 DD to summoned)
https://wiki.project1999.com/Gold_Plated_Koshigatana

Spells!

First off is the main thing necromancers miss.... vampiric embrace.

You get this at level 8 (!!!) and it procs for 12 + level .... so at level 8, that's a 20 damage lifetap proc! For 30 mana (if you only proc once, but if you have high dex, you will proc far more).

That's DOUBLE the damage of the level 4 lifetap proc (necros don't get a new one at level 8). And even at level 12 when they get a lifetap of 39 (scales to 45), the vampiric embrace is doing 24 damage!

Even at level 50, your vampiric embrace will be doing 62 damage lifetap, which isn't shabby!

At 12 you also get our first lifetap dot spell... leach. These are always far better in terms of mana efficiency. And a big secret is THEY ALL STACK. Not in terms of damage, but in terms of healing.

So if you are tanking an ice giant, you can throw your 80 damage lifetap dot + the 20 damage one... and be getting 100 a tick regeneration. This is why the iksars regen isn't really that important for a necromancer, because with a single lifetap dot you are usually over-healing yourself anyway. With bone magics, life comes and goes easily.

Then at level 16 you get banshee aura (8 point damage shield!!) and spirit armor (self AC buff). Personally the aura wasn't lasting enough for me to worry about (it lasts 4.2 minutes when you get it, but scales to 9 minutes at level 40...which is much better).

But the damage per mana is still higher than anything you have if you are tanking (which you WILL be tanking). Just normally it is better to save mana for lifetaps to keep your downtime low.

And then at level 20 you get shadow vortex...another AC boost and a greattt taunting spell. Though when lower level disease cloud is much cheaper mana (if less agro).

And that's really the core of offensive magics. I don't dot or nuke generally (unless being lazy and fear kiting for money or something). It's more important for me to tank and keep my downtime low (especially since I don't meditate often, I just let lich form regenerate my mana for me).

Defensive wise... empathy spells are important... not just for healing your team, but also for healing your pet. Once you get shadow pact, everything changes in your ability to heal others... and you can shadow pact multiple people and only be draining yourself once.

It's also worth noting that 2 necromancers can shadow pact each other and end up both net-healing each other. And since the spell costs like 10 mana, it's effectively infinite healing (making them great duo partners later to help reduce the downtime to 0).

Leveling / Pulling

Since you usually aren't out-damaging your pet in melee... the best idea for leveling is a duo. The thing is you don't really need a healer or a tank, and leveling up a monk or rogue can make a great partner (a monk is best if going deep and handling a lot, since you can both FD it off.... or even another necromancer).

You can split pull by casting screaming terror on one of the targets, mezzing it and pulling the other with social agro. Then when the other one gets to you, just FD and pop back up for a second. It should clear the agro of the other one, since it's still sitting on its spawn point.

But also, screaming terror often acts as a memory blur. This can be handy if you are PLing in some way (PLing others, or someone bigger killing things and you mem blur the target before you finish it off).

Battle Strategy!!

The thing about necromancers and bone knights....is that you can EASILY out-tank your pet until the mid 40's. So fighting generally is protecting your pet and setting up your lifetap dots (then throwing in a lifetap or two while fighting if you need).

If you get too many weapon procs too quickly, it can over-agro you.... but that doesn't happen too often, so most of the time you can take a step back and let your pet take a couple hits if you need to to heal back up with a longer casting lifetap (or to let a couple ticks of lifetap drain take effect).

And that's really all there is to it. You might consider using clinging darkness (very cheap) to keep things from running if you are fighting in a close situation. But generally you will be killing a high volume of things and just ripping through all enemies.... even 2 or 3 at a time sometimes (such as in Permafrost).

Just as long as you use screaming terror to control extra pulls, or even root (against undead frogloks, I prefer screaming terror... since they can root you next to them, and rooting them back isn't going to help manage the damage).

The main thing with bone knights is their ability to recover. Both mana and health... and just keep fighting. Tanking for your team and helping to heal them if they get hurt with the empathy lines.

Leveling Guide

You can really level anywhere... but some key areas are Permafrost when you get to be around 20ish, and stay there till 30ish. Then go to cazic thule and you can solo the maze near the entrance (just single pulling back to your pet). And do that till 35ish? Maybe 36?

Then guk is great till 45... and you could go to 50 there, but I went to ice giants outside of permafrost till 50 to get moneys instead.

Really bone knights can go anywhere.... and if you don't want to pay much attention, fear kite works just as fine (since you are a gnome and have high int anyhow). Or fight toe to toe as a proper bone knight (I can melee kill ice giants about as fast as I can fear kite kill them with dots, though they hit hard so I end up not being able to keep up with a 3 spawn like that).

Charm killing would also be easier, since you are able to take some hits if your pet breaks.

Basically, you still got the typical power of necromancers....but because you have built differently, you also have the ability to step in and melee things down (like I was able to melee kill a hill giant, with no pet, just lifetap dots and melees and procs.... my procs alone ended up doing over 850 damage).

And you can take FULL advantage of proc weapons (especially undead!). And DPS wise, as shown in the other thread, bone knights are at the very top! At least in classic.... but more testing is needed to see if I can continue to match other fellows in the art of melee battle.

The end

M.J.
09-25-2020, 08:41 PM
bone knights are at the very top! At least in classic....

The end

There is what was missing from the last post.

I just don't see this method working well on 44+ mobs or doing sustained dps better than a dot using necro once splurt is part of rotations, and unlike shamans spell swapping mid battle is something necros can do if they want to stack lower level dots. So your endgame spell lineup won't be as streamlined as say a shaman with torpor if you're truly trying to get your best DPS, and it will involve some spell scribing.

Years and years ago during endless Kunark I played around on a GM command server and did the whole Rod of Annihilation + Flayed Skin on a human necro, and my goal was to use the shield spells to take zero damage while dishing out melee damage, long story short I too had to use taps just to survive the ravishing drolvargs in DL where I was testing. Maybe the AC difference between current p99 and the box I was using is truly substantial and you can face tank stuff on here that I couldn't there, but I just don't see traditional fear kiting and ever better snares getting set aside in favor of taking hits. Not to mention root rotting prior to Velious.

Good luck with your project and I hope you have better results than I did when playing with the idea of melee necro. I will however continue to doubt its viability compared to "regular" play by lazy necromancers.

Ivory
09-25-2020, 11:09 PM
I just don't see this method working well on 44+ mobs or doing sustained dps better than a dot using necro once splurt is part of rotations, and unlike shamans spell swapping mid battle is something necros can do if they want to stack lower level dots. So your endgame spell lineup won't be as streamlined as say a shaman with torpor if you're truly trying to get your best DPS, and it will involve some spell scribing.

Well, depends what level range.... and what they are doing.

But let's crunch dem numbers!

A sitting necromancer at 50 gets 39 mana a tick sitting, and 21 standing (as a skeleton).

So, over 5 minutes, that's 1950 mana for the sitting, and 1050 for standing.

What can a necromancer do with 900 mana? Well, let's be generous and say they aren't nuking, but instead get their FULL dot damage (which won't really be happening much in a group, but let's say it).

Ignite blood is 250 mana, for a 1176 damage (over 21 ticks), the best dot you got at 50. Or, 4.7 damage per mana... so 900 x 4.7 = 4230 damage!

Melee damage, over 5 minutes, is 1 swing per 1.5 seconds (it's actually more like 1 swing per second with a haste, but let's give melee a disadvantage). And let's take out proc weapons or specialized target hunting (like a necro proccing for 585 is going to be too strong). Over 5 minutes, that's 200 swings.

So, let's do a rod of annihilation. 40/40....on a necro that will be hitting up to 80, but let's not go too bananas here, let's just say it's 40 on average.

That's 8000 damage.....

BUT we haven't figured in procs!

Vampiric embrace is 62 damage at level 50... and the proc rate per minute is dex / 170 + 0.5.... so with 170 dex, you get 1.5 procs per minute. ((if you go up to 255 dex, your PPM goes to 2... which over 5 minutes, means you get 10 procs over 5 minutes about))

But at the low 160 dex, you have 7.5 proc of 62 damage ....which is 465 damage, JUST from procs of vampiric embrace (this proc rate is the same for the undead legions staff, which is 585 damage x 7.5....or 4387 damage JUST from that staffs procs over 5 minutes). For reference, the nuke necros have is a 210 mana damage spell that does 500 damage.... so vampiric embrace alone is giving you about a free nuke.

So, that takes the total melee damage over 5 minutes to 8465 damage....compared to a FULL damage dot necro to 4230..... less than half....

Now soloing is another consideration, it isn't pure damage... it's also keeping the pet alive. If your pet can easily tank something, then it isn't a problem. But if you are fighting in a dungeon and you can't fear the target around... and your pet can't stomp its way through it.... then, what can you do? Heal your pet a bit, sure.... but it isn't enough, you run into a hard wall where you are racing to kill the target before it kills your pet (then you).

With a melee necro, you stay competitive with damage (actually doing more damage for the same amount of mana you'd get by medding)... BUT you are using your superior self-healing to heal off as much damage as you need till you are out of mana. You don't die until you are out (unlike a pet that will die sooner than that).

For something hitting hard enough that you can't stay face tanking it non stop, you can do an in and out strategy....meleeing a bit, setting up your lifetap dots... but basically acting more as a buffer for your pet. Letting it tank a bit, then stepping in and taking off some pressure (while healing it), and then backing up again to let it tank more with it's health while you heal.

Basically a trade back and forth which can let you face MUCH stronger things than you can elsewise.

I actually tested this with another necromancer in sky. We both were taking turns trying to solo one of the island 1 faeries... and my in and out strategy was able to take it down twice as far as they were before they had to FD it off.

So.... overall, in every way, meleeing is stronger as a necromancer (if you build it right). If you don't... it just won't work... you will get max hit each hit and be just a giant mana-drain. That's why AC is so critical, it slows the rate of HP loss to something more manageable in terms of mana-burn to compensate.

Donkey Hotay
09-25-2020, 11:25 PM
What about Grim Aura, you wee kneecapper?

Jibartik
09-25-2020, 11:29 PM
you figured out a build where staff of writing is used.

Game over, ivory wins!

uygi
09-26-2020, 02:34 PM
Is this a modern creation, or a repost of something from 2000? Cus... wow.

DoodyLich666
09-26-2020, 07:44 PM
Super cool, I rolled up my bone knight, I had to go human though for eyepatch purposes. I’m excited to hunt down some of these weird cloth tank items as I level. Thanks for sharing!

Shourty
09-26-2020, 08:34 PM
Aaaaa Cripes, I rolled a wee lil necro on green. Now I have 7 necros across the three servers. Oh my.

Zuranthium
09-26-2020, 09:41 PM
When will recipes for ivory bone armor be implemented into the game, along with higher level Elephants and Mammoths, who are hunted to extinction for their tusks?

pivo
09-26-2020, 09:42 PM
So.... overall, in every way, meleeing is stronger as a necromancer (if you build it right). If you don't... it just won't work... you will get max hit each hit and be just a giant mana-drain. That's why AC is so critical, it slows the rate of HP loss to something more manageable in terms of mana-burn to compensate.

Few questions from clueless new to the game player. I have Necro and I don't play it properly most of the time. I only know about fear kitting so far (Treants in SK)

It is a Gnome, but I put most points into INT, I'm assuming I can't now compensate with some cheap DEX items (rings, earrings, bracelets...etc...) to try Bone Knight strategy? I would have to re-roll, right?

Another question, you said: "if you build it right" So what else I should do, if I re-roll. Should rings, earrings and other stuff (speaking low levels 10-20-30) be all DEX based or what combo should I be getting? Mind you, I don't even know if there are such things as DEX rings... I bought only INT items for my Necro and Magician so far. So if you can be here a little bit more specific (like you were with the weapons) for totally clueless noob player, I would really appreciate it :) As a very bad, slow, clumsy player I wouldn't mind to try out even easier toon ;) Norath God knows I need it lol (I have a record in # of dying on Green, just can't prove it) ;)

Another point in having Bone Knight. I almost died yesterday, since I didn't notice my target was my pet, not Treant. I wasted most of my mana by the time I realised what I was doing. If I would mele Treant, that wouldn't have happen! I can see the benefits already lmao!

Noselacri
09-26-2020, 10:59 PM
Well, depends what level range.... and what they are doing.
Melee damage, over 5 minutes, is 1 swing per 1.5 seconds (it's actually more like 1 swing per second with a haste, but let's give melee a disadvantage). And let's take out proc weapons or specialized target hunting (like a necro proccing for 585 is going to be too strong). Over 5 minutes, that's 200 swings.

So, let's do a rod of annihilation. 40/40....on a necro that will be hitting up to 80, but let's not go too bananas here, let's just say it's 40 on average.

That's 8000 damage.....

BUT we haven't figured in procs!

Vampiric embrace is 62 damage at level 50... and the proc rate per minute is dex / 170 + 0.5.... so with 170 dex, you get 1.5 procs per minute. ((if you go up to 255 dex, your PPM goes to 2... which over 5 minutes, means you get 10 procs over 5 minutes about))

But at the low 160 dex, you have 7.5 proc of 62 damage ....which is 465 damage, JUST from procs of vampiric embrace (this proc rate is the same for the undead legions staff, which is 585 damage x 7.5....or 4387 damage JUST from that staffs procs over 5 minutes). For reference, the nuke necros have is a 210 mana damage spell that does 500 damage.... so vampiric embrace alone is giving you about a free nuke.

So, that takes the total melee damage over 5 minutes to 8465 damage....compared to a FULL damage dot necro to 4230..... less than half....

Isn't it really optimistic to assume that you'll do 40 damage per swing on average? Quite a lot of them will miss, necros cap their weapon skills at 110. I'd be surprised if you land even half of your attacks, and many of those will be for minimal damage.

And how are you getting a 40 delay weapon down to 1 or 1.5 seconds? Even 100% haste would result in an effective delay of 20.

These numbers just don't seem to add up.

Ivory
09-26-2020, 11:45 PM
Isn't it really optimistic to assume that you'll do 40 damage per swing on average? Quite a lot of them will miss, necros cap their weapon skills at 110. I'd be surprised if you land even half of your attacks, and many of those will be for minimal damage.

And how are you getting a 40 delay weapon down to 1 or 1.5 seconds? Even 100% haste would result in an effective delay of 20.

These numbers just don't seem to add up.

Necro melee isn't THAT bad. I was just battling a bunch of ice giants with melee... and with a 9 damage weapon, I was regularly hitting for 18 - 22ish. So with a 40 damage weapon, hitting for around 80 - 100 is going to be more typical, though with misses 40 is safer to calculate from.

The attack speed were just a random thing, but at level 60 you have a haste cap of 100% (with a haste buff + item you are there).

New (Hasted) Delay = Delay/(1+Haste)

So really it would be at 2 seconds per swing with the rod. Which is 150 attacks over 5 minutes... which doesn't effect the proc damage (since it's per minute based in general), but brings the melee damage down to 40 x 150 = 6000 + 465.... which is still 6465 damage compared to a dotting necro getting FULL damage of 4230.

BUT again, that damage is at 4.7 DPM....assuming you get FULL damage from all of your dots over 5 minutes.

It's still so far from where a melee necro gets (and we don't really know the exact amount, since there is some wiggle room for that necro melee to be even higher... or lower, if they miss a ton, but I don't really notice THAT much missing).

Quite a lot of them will miss, necros cap their weapon skills at 110.

Yup, necros weapon skills are lower, but that isn't make or break. Especially since you can compensate some for attack skill with strength. So 1 strength can make up for 1 weapon skill (and there is a lot of room to boost that, even with the level 60 kunark build, the strength is sitting at just 141... so if going full DPS in a group, grab a strength buff of 68 from a shaman.

Let alone the more mysterious finding that higher strength will increase your max damage hits... which actually might explain why I was seeing hits for 50 with my 20 damage staff, since casters don't get the main hand bonus damage... so it was just coming from my 101 strength right now? Hmmm, that might make melee even more effective than I thought with more focus on strength.

I'm reading it now, and it looks like your MOD bonus is

(Offensive skill + STR) / 100

For necromancer, they cap at 140 offense

So

(140 + 250) / 100 = 3.9

Which means with a 40 damage weapon, you will have a max hit of 156 (if you get up to 250 str).

With a more modest 140 str

(140 + 140) / 100 = 2.8

or 112 damage.....

Hmmm, I wonder if going heavier into strength would be more worth it for a bone knight? Some weapons are just too strong to ignore their procs (the undead legions and then a couple velious ones).... but maybe a more balanced approach to dex and str would be good.

So, why don't we hear about more casters meleeing? There is just a strange mentality around it (even though the numbers seem to be quite fine). What caster is focusing on their STR any?? Let alone getting a haste item or even bothering to keep their skills up?

Even lower level you don't see casters or clerics meleeing (even though their weapon / offensive skills haven't dropped off yet, making them as good at melee as a knight class.... with necromancers vampiric embrace making them BETTER melees than knights).

Anyhow, build wise, I think switching out the earrings and rings and maybe shoulder / back for more strength... and then shaman buff + siphon would be enough to take strength up towards 250ish (while still having high dex).

Being able to hit for almost 160 sure would be something though!!!!

Heck, let's calculate the level 60 damage hitting at 2/3rds of your hits at about 3/4ths of your max hit.

Which is about 80 damage per hit (if you put in the misses as just reduction in damage, so 160 x 0.75 x 0.66 = 80).... for 150 hits... that's 12,000 damage!!! From melee damage alone (again, still about 500 damage from procs added on there too).... with the possibility of going higher if you are fully melee buffed or lower the AC of the target.

Compared to a caster necro.... getting that same 900ish mana from medding... and turning it into dots.... even level 50+ dots aren't giving you better than 4.7 damage per mana...... so still sitting at about 4230 damage (maybe they can cast a tiny bit more with their increase of 2 mana per tick from meditating......of 50 ticks over 5 minutes... or 100 extra mana..... so, 470 extra damage than they had at 50?)

It's just night and day in terms of the potential damage. Even if you cut the damage of melee by HALF, it STILL blows the medding necro out of the water.

I dunno, the more I look at the numbers, the more bananas meleeing seems to be at higher levels with a proper build and some key high end items.

But don't think you NEED the rod of annihilation either. Because a 1:1 ratio weapon for a caster isn't THAT crazy. Especially once velious hits you can get velium brawl sticks and go to town.

Where does it ULTIMATELY all end up? Well.... the most amazing, top tier bone weapon of all time... is this...

https://wiki.project1999.com/Staff_of_the_Silent_Star

15/18... procs a 400 DD with -300 fire resist checks.......

Now THAT is the ultimate weapon of DPS in melee for a bone knight. Combining the procs with the raw melees.... so amazins.

Ivory
09-27-2020, 12:00 AM
What about Grim Aura, you wee kneecapper?

It raises attack by 10.... which is like raising STR by 10 (for attack rating at least).

But lasts for 27 minutes. I don't think it's worth the trouble really. Maybe later if you get the clicky earring? But switching out spells to buff that all the time would be a pain for such a tiny tiny improvement.

Donkey Hotay
09-27-2020, 12:55 AM
Yeah, the spell juggling is a real PITA. Is that fading aura Vampiric Embrace or Grim Aura? Is that lich dropping or Recourse?

Castle2.0
09-27-2020, 10:38 AM
Ivory stole my style of post. I like it. Keep up the number crunching dude, I will roll a necro when the necro master race can be chosen and will try to get some numbers posted here as well.

Ivory
10-05-2020, 06:20 AM
I was doins some maths today... and discovered how bone knights go....

monks got 78% chance to double attack, and 78% chance to duel wield at level 60.

So if they got a 14/26 weapon (which is their default fists), with a modifier of 5, they got 70 a hit (78 after mhb). or 139 in main hand a round average, and average of 98 in the off hand. For a total of 237 per round on average. (not including to-hit and misses). Max haste they got 1.3 round a second, so 364 per 2 second (again, not including misses)

ok pretty good. Snazzy potatoes.

BUUUTTT, let's take a caster with rod of annihilation! 40/40 , with a modifier of 3.65 ...gives them a top hit of 146 per round!! with the same 2 second delay at max haste

In other words, they do 40% of the damage a monk can do in melee!! Before adding on a little more for procs (so maybe a little more, 42%?).

silent star staff is 15/18, or 55 a hit!! with a 1 second delay (since i don't think you can go under that with haste? unless you can, then it's a .9 second delay)

Anyhow, pretty good, but not gonna blow your socks off....

UNTIL!! You calculate that proc rate is (dex / 170) + 0.5 ! Per minute. So at 255 dex, you got 2 PPM. So that adds an extra 800 damage per minute from procs. Or 13.33 damage per second. Bringing it up to 68 damage per second, or 136 per 2 second.... HHMMMM waitasecond, but the rod of annihilation was 146 per 2 second!!!

Oh no, this changes everything!! Maybe the rod of annihilation is truly the greatest weapon there is??

no no no, there is another... the 40/30 rod!! Which is the same damage as rod of anihilation, at 146 per round... BUT it's every 1.5 seconds. Giving a 194 damage per 2 second round.

That means they do 53% of damage as monks with that weapon! compared to 40% damage with the rod of annihilation.

now, I know what you may be wondering... "what is the rod like if it's full damage and the GMs didn't nerf the power of bone knights" . I'm glad you asked.

60/40, is 219 per round!! monks for 364 per round... so becomes 60% of monk damage with the un-nerfed version!

Ivory
10-05-2020, 06:36 AM
Now I gotta calculate the undead staff.... which is a 20/47

At 3.6 modifier, is doin 72 per hit, with max haste is 2.35 seconds per round.... or 61 damage per round
With 2 PPM, or 1170 damage from procs, which is 19.5 damage per second, or 39 per round.

So in total is 100 damage per round, or 50 DPS.

Is not shabby for this point in the timeline, but the rod of annihilation (even without that meaty proc) will do better -nods nods-

Noselacri
10-05-2020, 11:12 AM
In other words, they do 40% of the damage a monk can do in melee!! Before adding on a little more for procs (so maybe a little more, 42%?).

You still seem to wilfully ignore the fact that a necromancer is operating at caps of 110 in 1HB/2HB and 140 in offense while a monk has 252 in both. The necro will have like 600 atk. A 60 monk with decent gear has what, 1100 unbuffed? You can't try to napkin math the DPS without taking that into account at all.

Ivory
10-05-2020, 11:21 AM
You still seem to wilfully ignore the fact that a necromancer is operating at caps of 110 in 1HB and 140 in offense while a monk has 252 in both.

The weapon cap of 110 is what influences primarily damage bonus (which is why monk has such a high damage modifier on their weapon, and necros only get 3.6 as a max modifier).

And having only 140 offense isn't THAAAT bad. You can still land lots of hits. The attack on a fully geared bone knight in velious is 740 https://wiki.project1999.com/Magelo_Green:The_Greatest_Future_Bone_Knight_of_Al l_Time!!!!!!

Toad1
10-05-2020, 12:00 PM
Casters miss 70% of the time

also i think i want to drop out of high school to become a boneknight

DoodyLich666
10-05-2020, 12:17 PM
On my noobie bone knight, my gear is starting to come together, after farming many high quality bear hides, and I am having an awesome time thus far. It plays like a dps shadow knight, and I have had little trouble taking on multiple yellow cons at times. My funnest character so far.

Ivory
10-05-2020, 12:31 PM
On my noobie bone knight, my gear is starting to come together, after farming many high quality bear hides, and I am having an awesome time thus far. It plays like a dps shadow knight, and I have had little trouble taking on multiple yellow cons at times. My funnest character so far.

A true boneliever!

Just you wait, once you got screaming terror... you can slay even 4 at a time. Mez (or root) 2, tank 1 ...and pet tank 1... and work through them.

Noselacri
10-05-2020, 02:59 PM
https://wiki.project1999.com/Magelo_Green:The_Greatest_Future_Bone_Knight_of_Al l_Time!!!

If you get even a third of that gear, I will buy the rights to the Everquest intellectual property and send P99 a cease and desist order because things have gone too far.

OuterChimp
10-05-2020, 03:57 PM
If your hand-to-hand skill on your necro isn't maxed out then you are doing it wrong!

Castle2.0
10-05-2020, 04:30 PM
<Bone Knights in Harmony>

Make it so.

Donkey Hotay
10-07-2020, 11:24 PM
My boneknight was dominating Upper Guk to 30 and the shinta feared his slurp attack.
Then I moved him to Permafrost and the goblin elite guards let me know that I'd been playing with an 8-foot hoop.

Honestly, that King room floor is the devil to break up.

Tunabros
10-07-2020, 11:51 PM
You sir, have a very creative mind. But it just seems like a shadowknight with extra steps..that cant tank much

Also did anyone try this yet? curious to see results

douglas1999
10-08-2020, 01:45 AM
I am having an amazing time leveling my SK. I had played a warrior before, but never a necro. But rather than make either of them, I just rolled a SK for the first time. It's a ton of fun. You can tank and also solo easily if you can't find a group. I think people are turned off because they think "well, if I'm not a warrior, who will tank aow in velious??". The answer is a warrior will, but tanks generally are desired at every level range for the entire life of the three expansions we're all playing. Let somebody else be the neckbeard warrior, SK's are way more fun!

This has been a half-endorsement of necros.

Swish
10-08-2020, 04:17 AM
Just make an iksar and enjoy that regen, the rest is a footnote.

Ivory
10-08-2020, 05:13 AM
My boneknight was dominating Upper Guk to 30 and the shinta feared his slurp attack.
Then I moved him to Permafrost and the goblin elite guards let me know that I'd been playing with an 8-foot hoop.

Honestly, that King room floor is the devil to break up.

Yea, king isn't worth it to solo.

Try going to cazic thule and pulling the maze. Tons of stuff in there and most is solo pulling too.

I am having an amazing time leveling my SK. I had played a warrior before, but never a necro.

This is about bone knights! Not Shadow Knights! Is totally different, bone knights are highly skilled in the bone magics and also have greater power (because of their greater connection to bones).

Zipity
10-08-2020, 06:44 AM
No boots of deep thought for the Aura of Battle worn effect on your perfect build?! Th ose boots are like made for your setup lol.

Whoop
10-08-2020, 06:59 AM
Try going to cazic thule and pulling the maze. Tons of stuff in there and most is solo pulling too.

Any safe spot to pull to?

Donkey Hotay
10-08-2020, 09:22 AM

The door is typically recommended. I've done the wizard portal too as long as I kept track of Radiant, who is the only wanderer (and a rogue).

Donkey Hotay
10-08-2020, 09:43 AM
I am having an amazing time leveling my SK.

SKs are great tanks but by 30, my boneknight was knocking down 13 spawn, level 24-28, every 16.5 minutes.

Ivory
10-08-2020, 10:22 AM

Ya, the door towards the entrance. Pull it right next to the door and there is a lower level standing up on the ledge above you that keeps your pulls from running away (making it less troublesome).

No boots of deep thought for the Aura of Battle worn effect on your perfect build?! Th ose boots are like made for your setup lol.

Belt of dwarf slaying has the aura of battle on it :)

Zoolander
10-08-2020, 02:10 PM
very interesting read!

BUT:

what about endgame raiding ? how does this work there?

iam now thinking about to reroll with all points into DEX but above is holding me back doing so!

Ivory
10-08-2020, 02:17 PM
very interesting read!

BUT:

what about endgame raiding ? how does this work there?

iam now thinking about to reroll with all points into DEX but above is holding me back doing so!

Oh ho! I'm in the most toppest of top endgame raiding guilds! Seal Team!

At any time a bone knight can be the same as a normal necromancer if they want to "just" use their spells.

But, often I do melee in raiding, because with my staff I outDPS everyone with undead targets (and once i get the rod of annihilation, I think I'll stay top / near the top in DPS into kunark).

The last raid I went to (fire giants) me and a paladin went ahead of everyone and duoed one of the giants to test our might (no fear kiting).

We were both trading back and forth on tanking, and then when we both got worn out, we stepped back and the pet took over tanking while we rested a minute and then got back into the fight.

Here are some parses from hate... ((for reference, Snagasson is a rogue))

https://imgur.com/b3tg4DP.jpg

https://imgur.com/VzlQbFj.jpg

https://imgur.com/sxAtZnb.jpg

https://imgur.com/KztLvMr.jpg

Donkey Hotay
10-08-2020, 03:08 PM
What's your recommendation for an Iksar roll as far as point allocation? I'm thinking I'm going to do what I never thought I would and delete the Dark Elf for a lizard.

Zoolander
10-08-2020, 03:21 PM
is all of this with classic experience only or did u try this also on kunark/velious on blue?

I have a feeling mobs hit harder there for their level compared to classic.

Ivory
10-08-2020, 03:28 PM
is all of this with classic experience only or did u try this also on kunark/velious on blue?

I have a feeling mobs hit harder there for their level compared to classic.

This is just in classic so far really. Is a new world of bone science!!

But looking ahead at items ... I think it will keep up. Even without limited time items (like rod of annihilation), can still get some nice weapons and armors to get the AC and things up.

Especially with velious raid items! Whewww, that build I posted earlier had like 2600 HP, and 1400 AC... it was bonkers.

So, looking forward to trying it.

What's your recommendation for an Iksar roll as far as point allocation?

I'd put 20 into dex, and 10 into int.

Shac
10-08-2020, 03:36 PM
What else can you make us creator?

Toad1
10-08-2020, 04:48 PM
10 str 10 sta 10 agi

Make a gnome

100x better

Ivory
10-08-2020, 05:19 PM
10 str 10 sta 10 agi

Make a gnome

100x better

10 sta is only worth 24 hp at level 60... and agility don't do much (a point or two of AC)

Strength is ok though, I put 5 into strength, and could see doing 10 or even 15 (instead of putting 25 into dex and 5 into strength).

Zoolander
10-08-2020, 06:01 PM
for this bild u definitely have to go full dex on creation

pivo
10-08-2020, 07:47 PM
Mine is lvl 8 and yes it is fun. I like idea to tank a little, then pet steps in, me again...

On my noobie bone knight, my gear is starting to come together, after farming many high quality bear hides...

Do you mind share few specifics for players new to the game. What gear do you have so far? What level are you and where are you leveling?

I started in Steamfont, Kobolds were super easy at lvl6 (had some buffs on me from generous players) I was killing 4 Kobolds at a time. I got to level 8 in a no time.

At 8 I went to Minotaures camp, they are red and yellow, but I didn't go after red ones. (I would give it a try, if I would have SoW since zone line is close lol)

Here I don't think I'm gaining that much, comparing to fear kitting. I'm using 2/3 of mana per minos. Sometimes more. Maybe they are to strong. Probably I'm lacking some gear...

I bought that weapon that is mentioned in OP and 2 x Dex 3 bracelets i found on one vendor in SK i think.

What else should buy? I have Necro lvl 34, did few levels on Treants, so I have some Platina to buy some items, but as I'm new to the game I don't know what should i buy.

If you have any specific items suggestions for lower levels i would appreciate it.

Also, why did you farm High Quality Bear Hides? Something for your Bone Knight to get?

Fame
10-08-2020, 08:15 PM
This might be the best post of 2020

Toad1
10-08-2020, 08:18 PM
str for weight allowance and loot baby

Agi for avoidance, not ac

DoodyLich666
10-08-2020, 09:22 PM
So, I started this character with pretty much just the crookstinger. Thus, I was farming high quality bear hides to sell in the EC tunnel. They sell for 15p pretty easily, and the bears got me to level 9 in nec forest and ec pretty quickly. With this platinum I farmed up, I have been focused on getting as much AC and +dex items that I could find.
I picked up azure sleeves for 60, a shimmering orb for 25, bone legplates for 15, a chipped bone collar for 10, Turtle shell helm for 10, a drakescale belt for 20, a pair of jagged bands for 75, hide boots for 30, and I just picked up a green silken drape for 100.
You will really notice a huge difference in your ability to take hits as you get some of the higher ac items, and with my new robes I stated to proc insanely more. Not only do I look super cool, but most of this gear is pretty damned cheap!
I am now level 11 with a bag full of light stones. And I plan to get a few more levels on wisps, orcs, and befallen in the commonlands.

Zoolander
10-09-2020, 06:47 AM
can someone on blue or red verify this build in kunark and/or velious?

I remember clearly that mobs hit harder on that expansions.

yeah, equipment is better there but still, our skillcaps remain the same.

25 INT vs 25 DEX is a huge impact as necro

pivo
10-09-2020, 09:44 AM
I picked up azure sleeves for 60, a shimmering orb for 25, bone legplates for 15, a chipped bone collar for 10, Turtle shell helm for 10, a drakescale belt for 20, a pair of jagged bands for 75, hide boots for 30, and I just picked up a green silken drape for 100.

Thank you so much for your generous, detailed response!

Now I know what items I need to buy and also, what is their approx price. I'm going to do some shopping now, will twink up my nec 8 and then i will revisit those minos and see the difference. Cant wait, thanks again!

Ivory
10-09-2020, 10:06 AM
Thank you so much for your generous, detailed response!

Now I know what items I need to buy and also, what is their approx price. I'm going to do some shopping now, will twink up my nec 8 and then i will revisit those minos and see the difference. Cant wait, thanks again!

Here are a bunch of armor ideas before getting to the planes. A couple things are higher price items (or you can do things like switch the belt for a thick banded belt). But generally can get most of these things superr cheap. (for example, the gloves you can get for free if you hang around karana some....scrolls for the quest rot a lot, so you can pick them all up early).

Just go to the wiki and sort equipment by class and slot... then sort it by pre-kunark and AC, and you should find more alternatives that get pretty close.

pivo
10-09-2020, 12:39 PM

Thank you and I need to apologize since you already posted this link. but I saw Necro lvl 50 and I just assumed everything is expensive high end gear on it. I didn't know, several items are cheap, such as that green robe. Cool I'm so excited now!

Just go to the wiki and sort equipment by class and slot... then sort it by pre-kunark and AC, and you should find more alternatives that get pretty close.

Ha, didn't know about this either! Thanks for all the info, this is going to be fun!

Ivory
10-09-2020, 12:53 PM
Thank you and I need to apologize since you already posted this link. but I saw Necro lvl 50 and I just assumed everything is expensive high end gear on it. I didn't know, several items are cheap, such as that green robe. Cool I'm so excited now!

Ha, didn't know about this either! Thanks for all the info, this is going to be fun!

Almost all of the items is cheap ones. Neck, robe, arms, belt, bracers, shoulders (you can camp this REALLY early if you want), gloves, pants (drops from a level 20 or something? But you can get same AC pants pretty cheap, I think drakescale? Maybe lizard?), boots (bear hide boots are just about as good, 5 ac)

Then it's just about jewelry and hat and back. I was using dex jewelry for a long time, but the AC + HP helps a bunch with tanking.

Toad1
10-09-2020, 01:49 PM
Extra
Gnomes is great!

Robersonroger38
10-09-2020, 04:55 PM
Have you pulled Agro on raid mob yet with your procing weapon and instant death?
Procing weapons are dangerous on raids unless your a tank.

Toad1
10-09-2020, 05:35 PM
Have you pulled Agro on raid mob yet with your procing weapon and instant death?

only if it has a stun on it does it have a chance to draw aggro, and i am not seeing this happen unless he has dots stacked and is chain tapping

Ivory
10-09-2020, 05:42 PM

What coulds insta kills me on a raid though? I oftens try to tanks things...

In the planes I was rootins mobs so I could take the tanking from the MT hehe. I can go toe to toe against most things for a fair amount of time (except in later islands of plane of sky!! everythin is deep red there and I stay away! Though I do sometimes go in and tank some, and just back out when I'm hurt... I can stay in a little while before needing to back out... but they hurt a lot)

And if I ever really overstep, I can invuln... or I can FD... the only way I can die is if I lag out or intentionally sacrifice myself in a blaze of glory to save everyone.

pivo
10-10-2020, 04:00 PM
Few more cheap starting items:

Wrist: Electrum Bracelet AC 4, 3DEX, 10-15pp, https://wiki.project1999.com/Electrum_Bracelet
Back: Lizardscale Cloak, AC 8, DEX +5, 30-50pp; https://wiki.project1999.com/Lizardscale_Cloak

Naxy
10-10-2020, 05:22 PM
I never wanted to play a necro. A bone knight tempts me.

Zoolander
10-11-2020, 09:42 AM
this is why STR isn't rly needed since u will rely mostly on procs and not on damage in further expansions going the boneknight route

skillcap piercing and blunt

Toad1
10-11-2020, 10:27 AM
110 skill = miss miss miss miss miss miss miss miss

Ivory
10-11-2020, 11:05 AM
this is why STR isn't rly needed since u will rely mostly on procs and not on damage in further expansions going the boneknight route

skillcap piercing and blunt

STR doesn't just increase damage, it also increases your attack rating (which should help you land more).

You will miss more than a melee, but it definitely isn't useless. It's also why I was focusing more on dex / proc weapons (I want to start boosting up STR more to get ready for rod of annihilation). Though, I could see focusing a lot on strength instead and trying to maximize hits / melee damage.

BUT bone knighting isn't JUST about raw melee damage (even though it definitely can add some substantial damage through just melee / procs).

It's also about tanking for the pet while adding sustained damage. Even against things that are too tough to tank 100%, you can let the pet start off tanking.... then set up your lifetap dots... then step in and tank for a while... backing up to lifetap if you need and stepping back in.

Like last night I was tanking the frenzy in Lguk (hasted version). He hurt a lot, but I was able to tank it and trade a little with the pet and finish with about 50 -60% mana and pet still at 75% health.

For a typical necromancer with typical armor... the options are just "nuke and dot and hope pact of shadows can keep pet alive long enough". And you eat through tonsss of mana doing that... and end up with a hurt pet that can't handle emergency situations so well.

Zoolander
10-11-2020, 11:39 AM
110 skill = miss miss miss miss miss miss miss miss

the miss rate isn't a problem since proc has nothing to do with the hit-rate

Robersonroger38
10-11-2020, 12:52 PM
I started playing my 40 necro bone knight style , very fun! It’s like a very Op SK

Taiku
10-11-2020, 02:35 PM
I have gathered almost all of my gear for this once kunark lands, as great as gnomes are, I love Iksar not just for the regen, but it's my favorite race, when I started playing EQ it was during Kunark so that's probably why! Thanks for the idea, should make leveling my second necro a little more interesting!

Oddbaal
10-11-2020, 03:00 PM
I’ll be trying this on green. Never rolled a necromancer before but it looks super fun. Just looking for my crookstinger now, or a fire crystal staff before I begin (that’ll work too right) I’ll only start with a weapon and the shimmering orb on a gnome. Can’t wait! Neat side project

enjchanter
10-12-2020, 05:46 AM
I started playing my 40 necro bone knight style , very fun! It’s like a very Op SK

Would love some elaboration on this statement , not gunna lie

Whoop
10-12-2020, 07:44 AM
I’ll be trying this on green. Never rolled a necromancer before but it looks super fun. Just looking for my crookstinger now, or a fire crystal staff before I begin (that’ll work too right) I’ll only start with a weapon and the shimmering orb on a gnome. Can’t wait! Neat side project

Crookstinger gonna skyrocket in tunnel :)

Oddbaal
10-12-2020, 10:04 AM
Crookstinger gonna skyrocket in tunnel :)

Indeed! Supply and demand. Paid 40pp

pivo
10-12-2020, 12:16 PM
Indeed! Supply and demand. Paid 40pp

I'm glad you got a weapon! I will answer to your question (what I bought so far) into this thread, to keep all useful Bone knight info in the same place ;)

I decided, for starter, to buy everything on: TO GET list, that cost 100 plat or less. And I got quite a lot already. For 100 plat robe, you get AC 8 and DEX +9, with Azure Sleeves (75 plat) you get AC 12. Big numbers that should make a difference. And, you look cool in this green robe too ;)

So here is the list of items I got that are the same as per guide here, since they are cheap enough: (copy/paste from txt file, too bad formatting doesn't sticks) :(

slot ------ item ---------- price --------------- link
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
chest - green silken drape - 100 - https://wiki.project1999.com/Green_Silken_Drape
arms - azure sleeves - 75 - https://wiki.project1999.com/Azure_Sleeves
wrist - Symbol of Loyalty to Vox - 50 - https://wiki.project1999.com/Symbol_of_Loyalty_to_Vox
face - Sheer Bone Mask - 45 - https://wiki.project1999.com/Platinum_Star_Ruby_Veil
feet - Kobold-Hide Boots - 40 - https://wiki.project1999.com/Kobold-Hide_Boots
secondary - a shimmering orb - 25 - https://wiki.project1999.com/A_Shimmering_Orb
waist - a drakescale belt - 20 - https://wiki.project1999.com/Drakescale_Belt

Next is the list of cheaper replacements I have, with prices, followed with the items you eventually want

slot --- cheaper item --------- price --------- item & link to: "item you eventually want" ---------- price
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
back - Lizardscale Cloak AC8 DEX5 - 55 - Cloak of Shadows - https://wiki.project1999.com/Cloak_of_Shadows - 1,200
finger - jaged band - 35 - Djarns Amethyst Ring - https://wiki.project1999.com/Djarns_Amethyst_Ring - 5,500-6,000
finger - jaged band - 35 - Platinum Fire_Wedding Ring- https://wiki.project1999.com/Platinum_Fire_Wedding_Ring - 250 (rather get two of these!)
ear - Obsidian Bead Hoop AC2 INT3 ? - Ivandyr's Hoop - https://wiki.project1999.com/Ivandyr's_Hoop - 3,000
ear - polished bone hoop 10HP ? - Diamondine Earring - https://wiki.project1999.com/Diamondine_Earring - 900
neck - a chipped bone collar - 10 - Glowing Bone Collar - https://wiki.project1999.com/Glowing_Bone_Collar - 330
head - turtle shell helm - 10 - Crown of the Froglok Kings - https://wiki.project1999.com/Crown_of_the_Froglok_Kings - 250
wrist - Electrum Bracelet AC4, 3DEX - 15 - Symbol of Loyalty to Vox - https://wiki.project1999.com/Symbol_of_Loyalty_to_Vox - 50

Look at: Lizardscale Cloack, AC 8, DEX +5 for 50-55 plat

I only need to get some gloves, these may be OK:
Tiger Hide Gloves - 2AC, 2DEX 2 str - 20 - https://wiki.project1999.com/Tiger_Hide_Gloves

And shoulders, not a clue what to get...

I will be in Steamfont area until lvl 12. Minos drops 3plat axes, good for self sufficient buying spells. Also belts in croshbone sells well. Then, at lvl 12 I will buy spells, get also next batch of spells and I will go to commons and really start playing it as it should be played. ;)

Yes, waiting in Commons tunnel is a pain, when you want to play, but I was doing this, when there was not time for play, but I ran game in background and every 10-15 minutes i switched to game and checked what they were selling and I posted my WTB. Most items I got with responses to my auction WTB post, so I even stopped looking at other sellers posts to keep my time on minimum.

Now, for those two better weapons i will just ask in the zone, wherever i will be, whatever toon I may play, eventually i should get them....

p.s.
Since you already posted names of your two other toons you are playing, post the name of your Bone Knight also in case if I run into you ;)

Ivory
10-12-2020, 12:44 PM

Shoulders if you don't camp quillmane, then https://wiki.project1999.com/Gilded_Cloth ... but is a pain to camp, and I don't see people selling so much

And for gloves, https://wiki.project1999.com/Gem_Inlaid_Gauntlets

Just so good gloves (and can get extra cheap / free if you are around Karana much. Just takes 4 lore scrolls that drop a bunch...now and then people will shout one of the scrolls is rotting, but one scroll comes from inside paw, so maybe buy that?)

pivo
10-12-2020, 01:04 PM
Shoulders if you don't camp quillmane, then https://wiki.project1999.com/Gilded_Cloth ... but is a pain to camp, and I don't see people selling so much

I intent to camp QM with my other Necro and Magician but if I get lucky and Cloak does drop, I wouldn't be able to pick it up with say my Magician and then pass it on Bone Knight, right? only toon, that will wear it, can loot it, correct? Not sure how this goes. But I think, players are selling looting rights for this Cloak, not Cloak itself?

Just so good gloves (and can get extra cheap / free if you are around Karana much. Just takes 4 lore scrolls that drop a bunch...now and then people will shout one of the scrolls is rotting, but one scroll comes from inside paw, so maybe buy that?)

Oh, great! Didn't look at gloves yet, since I was focusing on items that cost 100 plat or less. It is a quest item, great!

https://wiki.project1999.com/Gem_Inlaid_Gauntlets_Quest

I'm camping those Gnolls in SK with my Magician and was levelling my Druid with these scrolls. Yes you can get them for around 25plat when rotting on the ground, so, you get gloves for 100 platina. Or free if kiling Gnolls. Great, this will be my next project, thanks you! (my Druid will be busy again, turning in scrolls, going through quest steps and delivering gloves to Bone Knight) ;)

And all 4 scrolls drops outside the paw, of those Mesh Gnolls. Unless one of them is different, didn't read through quest yet. Thanks for mentioning it!

pivo
10-12-2020, 02:00 PM
I was in a tunnel, shopping, when i saw this post in /ooc:

"You guys quit reading the boneknight thread, so i can keep getting my gear cheap"

LMAO!!!

Anxarcule
10-12-2020, 02:22 PM
Took a break from P1999but was sent to this thread - this is ingenious. If I had a little more creativity I would have loved to try out this build back when I playing. I hope you keep posting the viability and how things go (nuts that you were able to solo frenzy with this build!)

Oddbaal
10-14-2020, 12:29 PM
I'm glad you got a weapon! I will answer to your question (what I bought so far) into this thread, to keep all useful Bone knight info in the same place ;)

I decided, for starter, to buy everything on: TO GET list, that cost 100 plat or less. And I got quite a lot already. For 100 plat robe, you get AC 8 and DEX +9, with Azure Sleeves (75 plat) you get AC 12. Big numbers that should make a difference. And, you look cool in this green robe too ;)

So here is the list of items I got that are the same as per guide here, since they are cheap enough: (copy/paste from txt file, too bad formatting doesn't sticks) :(

slot ------ item ---------- price --------------- link
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
chest - green silken drape - 100 - https://wiki.project1999.com/Green_Silken_Drape
arms - azure sleeves - 75 - https://wiki.project1999.com/Azure_Sleeves
wrist - Symbol of Loyalty to Vox - 50 - https://wiki.project1999.com/Symbol_of_Loyalty_to_Vox
face - Sheer Bone Mask - 45 - https://wiki.project1999.com/Platinum_Star_Ruby_Veil
feet - Kobold-Hide Boots - 40 - https://wiki.project1999.com/Kobold-Hide_Boots
secondary - a shimmering orb - 25 - https://wiki.project1999.com/A_Shimmering_Orb
waist - a drakescale belt - 20 - https://wiki.project1999.com/Drakescale_Belt

Next is the list of cheaper replacements I have, with prices, followed with the items you eventually want

slot --- cheaper item --------- price --------- item & link to: "item you eventually want" ---------- price
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
back - Lizardscale Cloak AC8 DEX5 - 55 - Cloak of Shadows - https://wiki.project1999.com/Cloak_of_Shadows - 1,200
finger - jaged band - 35 - Djarns Amethyst Ring - https://wiki.project1999.com/Djarns_Amethyst_Ring - 5,500-6,000
finger - jaged band - 35 - Platinum Fire_Wedding Ring- https://wiki.project1999.com/Platinum_Fire_Wedding_Ring - 250 (rather get two of these!)
ear - Obsidian Bead Hoop AC2 INT3 ? - Ivandyr's Hoop - https://wiki.project1999.com/Ivandyr's_Hoop - 3,000
ear - polished bone hoop 10HP ? - Diamondine Earring - https://wiki.project1999.com/Diamondine_Earring - 900
neck - a chipped bone collar - 10 - Glowing Bone Collar - https://wiki.project1999.com/Glowing_Bone_Collar - 330
head - turtle shell helm - 10 - Crown of the Froglok Kings - https://wiki.project1999.com/Crown_of_the_Froglok_Kings - 250
wrist - Electrum Bracelet AC4, 3DEX - 15 - Symbol of Loyalty to Vox - https://wiki.project1999.com/Symbol_of_Loyalty_to_Vox - 50

Look at: Lizardscale Cloack, AC 8, DEX +5 for 50-55 plat

Tiger Hide Gloves - 2AC, 2DEX 2 str - 20 - https://wiki.project1999.com/Tiger_Hide_Gloves

I will be in Steamfont area until lvl 12. Minos drops 3plat axes, good for self sufficient buying spells. Also belts in croshbone sells well. Then, at lvl 12 I will buy spells, get also next batch of spells and I will go to commons and really start playing it as it should be played. ;)

Yes, waiting in Commons tunnel is a pain, when you want to play, but I was doing this, when there was not time for play, but I ran game in background and every 10-15 minutes i switched to game and checked what they were selling and I posted my WTB. Most items I got with responses to my auction WTB post, so I even stopped looking at other sellers posts to keep my time on minimum.

Now, for those two better weapons i will just ask in the zone, wherever i will be, whatever toon I may play, eventually i should get them....

p.s.
Since you already posted names of your two other toons you are playing, post the name of your Bone Knight also in case if I run into you ;)

Oh man, great post! Hopefully I will see you around. My bone knights name is “gembreaker”

Just hit level 4 last night. I’m having a pretty good time. Once I hit level 2 and could afford my pet I went immediately to butcher block to farm skeletons. I noticed as a gnome, I could sell to the vendors right there by kaladim castle gates. At one point I pulled a giant bat on accident and ran for my life!

The guards were looking at me threatening so I knew I was dead. I ran by them anyway hoping they could get that bat off me, and to my surprise id killed so many goblins in the area (probably a little less than 50?) that the guards were now dubious! They saved my life and saved me a corpse run. Makes me wonder if I can go inside kaladim now?

I really like the gnome necromancer faction. Personally, I will try to be a “good” necromancer. I’m thinking I’d like to have nice faction so I can visit and sell in cities to cut down on travel time. At this point I’m keeping myself minimally “twinked” besides weapon, chest, offhand and will make him “earn” the rest of his items.

Any other gnome necros know of some quests I can do? Is the kaladim bone chip quest off the table to push towards 8? What about crushbone belts?

pivo
10-14-2020, 06:38 PM

Finished quest, got gloves, thanks for mentioning it. It is easy for Druid, few jumps... :)

pivo
10-14-2020, 06:59 PM
Oh man, great post! Hopefully I will see you around. My bone knights name is “gembreaker”

Will look you up! With my currently limited time, you will probably out-level me by the time we meet ;)

Let us know if you can turn bone chips or crushbone belts in. I didn't try, I was just killing kobolts till 8 and then minos till current 11. Waiting for 12 to get new spells then i will take a boat ;)

You said, you will make him earn his gear. I understand, it is a challenge and probably making game more fun. I personally went the easy way. I passed few ~15plat gems to him, got pet right away, and some decent gear. Boy it is nice seeing weapon proc and it heals you. Not regretting any investment ;)

I don't want to spoil your challenge, but I originally had two of these braces: Electrum Bracelet AC4, 3DEX; but, since I got one: Symbol of Loyalty to Vox, I now have one spare and i would be happy to give it to you. I also have spare: turtle shell helm if you want it. These are the cheapest items, not even worth mentioning it. But I would rather pass them to you, than to someone else.

Is your Druid high enough level (30) to farm Tech Mass Gnoll scrolls? If not, I can get set of 4 for you. You really want to get those gloves, https://wiki.project1999.com/Gem_Inlaid_Gauntlets - all it takes is some porting and running around

Eldini
10-14-2020, 10:02 PM
palabin trendin on the forums

love sir palabin

Tunabros
10-14-2020, 10:35 PM
I was in a tunnel, shopping, when i saw this post in /ooc:

"You guys quit reading the boneknight thread, so i can keep getting my gear cheap"

LMAO!!!

Castle2.0
10-14-2020, 11:09 PM
Real bone knights wear this

http://wiki.project1999.com/Chitin_Shell_Armor

Ivory
10-14-2020, 11:13 PM
I really like the gnome necromancer faction. Personally, I will try to be a “good” necromancer. I’m thinking I’d like to have nice faction so I can visit and sell in cities to cut down on travel time. At this point I’m keeping myself minimally “twinked” besides weapon, chest, offhand and will make him “earn” the rest of his items.

Any other gnome necros know of some quests I can do? Is the kaladim bone chip quest off the table to push towards 8? What about crushbone belts?

Yea, gnome blanket faction boost makes being a good necro a lot lot lot easier. I did that too. Though still gotta work at some things (like becoming non KOS to druids and surefall glades, so you can eventually teleport to karanas without worrying)

You are going to have trouble with the cleric / paladin faction in kaladim though. The warriors, which are the guards (crushbone belts and pads) are easy enough to raise up though.

Another quest that might be worth it is gnoll teeth (from blackburrow near qeynos). Not to give to qeynos, but actually Halas so you can fix your faction with them (which is really handy! And, if you are there and need money, go to permafrost entrance where the ice giants are... people leave fine steel and things to rot on the giants there ALL the time.... and you can sell for people too to make money and things).

And I also ended up killing a bunchhh of bandits in south karana to fix my karana residence faction (and they drop a lot of bronze weapons! which is good money).

I also did some bandit sashes quests (getting a druid to help harmony / invis me) to get my faction up with paladins / clerics in qeynos... but it hurts bloodsaber faction (which is the underground necro guild), so I delivered lots of tackle boxes to fix that again. Leaving just a roaming caster near the bank and an erudite that walks around in the bakery being the only things that are KOS.

Oddbaal
10-14-2020, 11:37 PM
Yea, gnome blanket faction boost makes being a good necro a lot lot lot easier. I did that too. Though still gotta work at some things (like becoming non KOS to druids and surefall glades, so you can eventually teleport to karanas without worrying)

You are going to have trouble with the cleric / paladin faction in kaladim though. The warriors, which are the guards (crushbone belts and pads) are easy enough to raise up though.

Another quest that might be worth it is gnoll teeth (from blackburrow near qeynos). Not to give to qeynos, but actually Halas so you can fix your faction with them (which is really handy! And, if you are there and need money, go to permafrost entrance where the ice giants are... people leave fine steel and things to rot on the giants there ALL the time.... and you can sell for people too to make money and things).

And I also ended up killing a bunchhh of bandits in south karana to fix my karana residence faction (and they drop a lot of bronze weapons! which is good money).

I also did some bandit sashes quests (getting a druid to help harmony / invis me) to get my faction up with paladins / clerics in qeynos... but it hurts bloodsaber faction (which is the underground necro guild), so I delivered lots of tackle boxes to fix that again. Leaving just a roaming caster near the bank and an erudite that walks around in the bakery being the only things that are KOS.

Great info! Thanks a lot, I always wondered about which factions I could easily fix while naturally leveling. This will definitely open up some options.

Figured out to my surprise tonight I could walk all the way into Kaladim and use the bank without getting beat down. That felt real good!

Oddbaal
10-16-2020, 09:59 AM
Will just use this thread to update my progress.

Hit level 6 last night, told you I was casual! At level 4 I got curious about orc hill so I made the journey, only to be mercilessly killed by fairies up to five times while roaming through the forest. Eventually I found sky original body and noped my way back to steamfont.

Met another necro while slaying pumas by the observatory and went 4-6 with about a small sliver from 7. Very excited for the lifetap proc at 8! Maybe I’ll get there by Monday. Does it work the same way with other procs? Read something about max of 2 procs per minute? Just wanna confirm the lifetap proc rate

Hope you other knights are having success

Gwaihir
10-16-2020, 11:09 AM
Shame on you for not giving Valentinianism credit for conceptualizing and showing you about necro tanking.

For shame.

pivo
10-16-2020, 01:30 PM
Maybe later if you get the clicky earring? But switching out spells to buff that all the time would be a pain for such a tiny tiny improvement.

Speaking of witch, I've just learned that 'regular' Necro, just like Enchanter, require lots of sitting down and switching spells during a battle. O boy, not something I'm looking forward to.

What is your experience with Bone Knight at higher levels? Can you get away without constantly switching spells in and out during the battle? That would make it a clear winner in my case ;)

Ivory
10-16-2020, 01:57 PM
What is your experience with Bone Knight at higher levels? Can you get away without constantly switching spells in and out during the battle? That would make it a clear winner in my case

I hate switching spells... it's why I rarely use banshee aura (unless a super hard fight).

So I usually just load up the set of spells I need for fighting, and mem a shield spell now and then to rebuff.

At 50 my spells are

Lifetap
Lich
DMF
Feign Death
Summon Pet
Vampiric Embrace
Pet buff
Lifetap Dot

Sometimes I'll switch out my pet after summoning it for vortex to taunt (if I'm with a melee or something)... or I'll switch DMF with a shadow pact (if I'm with people that need to be healed now and then). Or I'll switch something for a lull the dead if I'm splittin stuff.

But usually I just pick my set of spells that I'll be keeping up and run with it except to rebuff shielding.

. Does it work the same way with other procs? Read something about max of 2 procs per minute? Just wanna confirm the lifetap proc rate

Yup, works like normal procs (and stacks with weapon procs)

The proc rate is (dex / 170) + 0.5 = Proc per minute

So if you got 170 dex, then it's 1 + 0.5 = 1.5 procs per minute

at 255 dex, it's 1.5 + 0.5 = 2 procs per minute

But that is just average. It's actually a chance to proc per swing (so you can proc lots in a row).

And haste dynamically lowers your percent chance to proc per swing ... and slows raise it. So no real use in those things (other than increasing your raw weapon damage).

Shame on you for not giving Valentinianism credit for conceptualizing and showing you about necro tanking.

Whats you talkin bout? I been bone knightin since blue even! Lady Dimini the gnome (but only got to 50, so is new territory soon!)

Donkey Hotay
10-16-2020, 03:24 PM
Do you girls not swap out your spells during downtime or what. I rotate in Siphon Strength and Shadow Vortex as pull spells depending on what's coming off sooner. I rebuff Grim Aura as well which isn't even tedious as it lasts longer than Lich. I keep Banshee Aura and The Quickening (http://wiki.project1999.com/Intensify_Death) memmed at all times so I can cast those and Vampiric Embrace before each round of kills without waiting for long button repop and each of these three spells has roughly the same duration.

My working gear set is fairly complete now for Kunark so you can recommence reading this thread. I am trying the Electrum Bracelet (http://wiki.project1999.com/Electrum_Bracelet) rather than the Vox Prime (http://wiki.project1999.com/Symbol_of_Loyalty_to_Vox) memberships that I laboriously farmed up, although I'll hold onto my pair. The +6 AGI equates to an additional point of AC at whatever my AGI currently is so the net loss of AC is -5 but I gain +6 DEX; I reckon any addition to the sum of those two stats is a clear winner.

The terror of Kaesora binders drops his mask (http://wiki.project1999.com/Targishin%27s_Bone_Mask) with a weightless +12 AC for anyone thinking AC > all. I will be looking for one of these and the chest armor that Castle suggested so I can try my hand at parsing between balls-out DEX or AC.

pivo
10-18-2020, 01:01 PM
I hate switching spells... it's why I rarely use banshee aura (unless a super hard fight).

So I usually just load up the set of spells I need for fighting, and mem a shield spell now and then to rebuff.

Great news!
And thanks for sharing your spell list, this is helpful to beginners like me ;)

pivo
10-20-2020, 05:36 AM
I am now level 11 with a bag full of light stones. And I plan to get a few more levels on wisps, orcs, and befallen in the commonlands.

After you got new set of spells at lvl 12 where did you go?

pivo
11-01-2020, 09:28 AM
After you got new set of spells at lvl 12 where did you go?

At level 12 I tried Scarecrows in West Karana. I had problems, but don't forget, I'm very bad and clumsy player.

I could kill a few and got one yellow bar, but every so often I would die. I did "con" one at start and it was yellow and I somehow just assumed they are all yellow. Well, no, some are red at lvl 12. No wonder I had problems. Also, I forgot I need to have the highest level pet or it will not do any damage...

Luckily I got some buffs to push me into 13. At 13 is much easier. I was camping these with my other Necro from 16-20 but with Bone Knight I started at 12. Nice! You need about 4 kills for a yellow bar. Pretty good XP ;) My guess, at 16 there will be a massacre! :D

All this is solo, need to try duo one of these days ;)

pivo
11-06-2020, 04:10 PM
Luckily I got some buffs to push me into 13. At 13 is much easier. I was camping these with my other Necro from 16-20 but with Bone Knight I started at 12. Nice! You need about 4 kills for a yellow bar. Pretty good XP ;) My guess, at 16 there will be a massacre! :D

Well I hit lvl 16 with Scarecrows. Yes it was much easier at lvl 14 and 15. Now i need to read up on new set of spells, get them and come back. Feign Death, yeah!

I tried to duo, but there was no interest. (how in the world everyone knows i'm clumsy player?!?) :p

I need to read again through Ivory posts. Hungry Earth is for undead. I need to get this spell. Next week i will be back. I will probably stay with Scarecrows few more levels, then, Hermit in SK or Gargoyles in OOT. Probably gargoyles to gather some platina ;-)

Anxarcule
11-10-2020, 08:00 AM
@Ivory Would be very interested to hear how feasible Kunark is for this build... and if you go solo in Seb or other undead dungeons would be amazing if you could stream as that is something I'd love to see

SharkStomper
11-10-2020, 08:47 AM
Grats on the rod of annihilation!

radbeard
11-10-2020, 02:24 PM
from the wiki these are the damage caps by archetype. Are you sure that you can hit for higher than 20 weapon damage + str bonus?

caster

levels 1-9 - weapon damage cap is 6
levels 10-19 - weapon damage cap is 10
Levels 20-29 - weapon damage cap is 12
Levels 30-39 - weapon damage cap is 18
Level 40+ - weapon damage cap is 20

priest

levels 1-9 - weapon damage cap is 9
levels 10-19 - weapon damage cap is 12
Levels 20-29 - weapon damage cap is 20
Levels 30-39 - weapon damage cap is 26
Level 40+ - weapon damage cap is 40

melee & tank

levels 1-9 - weapon damage cap is 10
levels 10-19 - weapon damage cap is 14
Levels 20-29 - weapon damage cap is 30
Levels 30-39 - weapon damage cap is 60
Level 40+ - weapon damage cap is 100

http://wiki.project1999.com/Game_Mechanics#Melee_Combat_and_Damage

This makes it seem like even a 40/40 weapon would act as a 20/40 weapon.

Zuranthium
11-10-2020, 07:40 PM
Aside from using Staff of Undead Legions, the whole melee necro thing is overrated at high levels. Vampiric Embrace is 124 damage per minute at best, that's not some kind of game-changing thing to make you want to melee instead of medding and casting spells. If you're soloing and need to tank some for your pet, yeah, but otherwise, eh. Venom of the Snake is more efficient in Vanilla era and then in Kunark at 51 you get Envenomed Bolt. Unless your group is killing each individual target ultra fast, those DoT's are fast enough to be efficient.

socialist
11-10-2020, 08:20 PM
It's overrated in general, not just at higher levels. I've been trying it since Kunark and it stopped being worth doing around level 20. Even fully twinked with all the AC gear I'm getting crushed by mobs because I'm effectively wearing what amounts to banded, with no dodge or parry.

Also whiffing 75% of my attacks because at level 21 I have the melee skillcaps of a level 15 warrior. I have to fully dot up a mob in order to outdamage my pet, and since I'm not medding during fights, I've got crazy downtime. It worked fine up to level 12 and was acceptable until 18, then it became trash.

Kinda knew that would be the case as well, but everyone was so caught up in this shit that I figured I'd try it. It's garbage. Undead staff is the only way this melee necro fantasy is even worth contemplating. Other than that, it's just Ivory being too excited thinking he found some amazing new strats noone's ever thought of in 20 years.

Donkey Hotay
11-10-2020, 10:46 PM
You're not supposed to outdamage the pet, genius.

Zuranthium
11-10-2020, 10:53 PM
You're not supposed to outdamage the pet, genius.

If you're soloing and trying to level then you want to be outdamaging your pet, genius.

Donkey Hotay
11-10-2020, 11:33 PM
No, you don't. You simply kill >2x the number of mobs in less time. How many times does Ivory have to spell that out for you in this thread.

Zuranthium
11-11-2020, 12:08 AM
You simply kill >2x the number of mobs in less time.

No, you don't. You're going to level slower trying to use the melee necro method, once you get to a level range where you're missing too many attacks because of shit weapon skill and the mobs hitting too hard. DPS in melee as an INT class is pathetic and you're just going to be standing there eating damage, and thus need to cast more inefficient lifetaps to heal yourself up. The efficiency of Necro DoT's, and the ability of fear kiting to make the enemy do 0 damage, is far better.

Donkey Hotay
11-11-2020, 12:16 AM
Wrong again. You level faster because you kill faster. Duo up and level faster still. Ask anyone who has tried it other than Lawson above who couldn't be bothered to read that you don't dot everything up for max xp, or of course you who can't be bothered to do anything but flame this thread with your whining against anyone trying a strategy you don't like.

Taiku
11-11-2020, 12:25 AM
Level 16 bone knight here, so far it seems to be going very well, duo/trio is pretty fun, a new playstyle for sure, like a shadow knight but better spells, if you're wasting mana on DoTs besides leech/lvl1 disease you're doin it wrong! Tap tanking every other mob or so is a great way to relieve the pressure on your groups resources, will report in if it gets worse as I level up!

Zuranthium
11-11-2020, 04:32 AM
You level faster because you kill faster.

You don't kill faster, LOL. Starting at level 34 with Venom of the Snake, you absolutely do more damage with that DoT alone than trying to melee (speaking of the pre-Kunark weapons available). Once your pet gets fast regen at 39, there's not much reason at all to do this melee approach, aside from a hard fight where you need to take a few hits, or the special undead proc weapon scenario (which isn't pre-Kunark era either). Even with the twinkier weapons available in later expansions, you're absolutely still going to hit a point where melee is no longer the better option.

If you're trying to melee once you have powerful DoT's, you're not only killing slower AND at the same time using mana less efficiently by needing to lifetap more (if you are taking hits from tanking), but also losing 50% exp if not outdamaging your pet when soloing. It's not good. Vampiric Embrace is supposedly the reason why melee Necro is some great thing, and again, that spell doesn't have a ton of impact as you get up there in level.

Morton Jr
11-11-2020, 11:55 AM
Caster melee / damage caps dont work right on p99 this was just a drug induced troll thread

greatdane
11-11-2020, 01:25 PM
There's pretty much no place in the game where you can just "kill twice as many mobs" to compensate for losing half your xp to your pet, nor would that add up to more total xp/hour than just soloing in an efficient way that gets you full xp per kill. Most places you either have to wait around for respawns or spend significant time looking for mobs.

Donkey Hotay
11-11-2020, 02:25 PM
So duo in those places or find places that aren't crowded. If you guys are talking about sitting on your rumps in a static camp at max level like bloated spiders, then why are you even in this thread.

Your mindless whinging is no longer worth my time to refute. Yesterday alone I met three other boneknights and spent over an hour talking to one about playstyle and prospective gear choices. Your attempts to piss on the thread have clearly failed and I have no more time for you.

greatdane
11-11-2020, 02:32 PM
You're the one getting hysterically defensive like someone personally insulted you.

Imbecile.

pivo
11-11-2020, 05:29 PM
You're the one getting hysterically defensive like someone personally insulted you.

Imbecile.

No need for name calling.
Some like this way of playing Necro, some doesn't. I have both Necros and so far I like BoneKnight. If at higher levels i will not like it any more, so be it, no big deal...

Ivory
11-11-2020, 06:42 PM
Fellow bonelievers!! I have come to give a progress report on the power of the bone knights.... now that I have traveled to the distant lands and battled many a battle.

I'm only of 53 now, but I am coming to understand the role of the bone knight even more!

First off, is while I can stills tanks, it is the same as it were before... I gotta duck in and out of battle when alone. Sometimes letting mine pet take over for part of the fight while I med or wait for healing.

So, not much changins there. A duo with a druid / shaman / cleric lets us do much much better (a shaman especially! I was duoing with one and we were very very mighty. He never had to heal me, and would just slow...and I would feed him some mana while we battled).

Now ! Onto whats is new!! Which is mana-usage and roles at higher levels in groups.

You see, i ventured into the sebilis crypt recently... a place pretty difficult when I was 52. Our team was mighty, but we had no enchanter.

Of course I was meleeing and doing amazin DPS with mine pet and my bone staff.

So found twitching them clerics helped a bunch to make up for the lack of mana regenerations.

But, then later that night, the group shifted a bit and we ended up with an enchanter and everyones mana was fine... so I moved into DPS mode, using envenomed breath (an 8 tick dot of high damage).

I was able to keep doing both of these things each pull without trouble while also meleeing and lifetap dotting now and then to heal myself.

Then again later I found myself in a trio group. And it were a shaman + warrior + me.

There it was best to just keep healing the shaman and warrior to take off the healing pressure. While of course meleeing with mine pet.

But how is my DPS? With a bone staff, about 15-25 DPS. With pet doing about 40-50 DPS. For a total of 55 - 75 DPS

Top rogues I've been parsing have been around 50-55 dps

Top warriors 40 - 45 DPS

Less top warriors 20-30 DPS

Some other development, which I should make another threat for because people might be curious.... but I've also gotten the rod of annihilation!!!

Where I find my DPS to be 15-25 (but not dependent on fighting undead, and seems to be more even sort of DPS, instead of the bursty type the staff can be sometimes).

I think against undead, the staff is probably better (or at least equal). But the rod is definitely good addition when doing things against living things. Just I wouldn't really count on getting a rod as a bone knight, since it's extra extra extra rare (in velious there are a range of weapons that come pretty close though, and a lot easier to get).

Overall, bone knight in kunark isn't disappointing! I can't main tank for a group (unless it's a duo or trio or something and just expins.... but not really really hard stuff)... but I also find being the top DPS of a group pretty fancy.

Bone knights is the true path of great power for studiers of the bone magics! Anyone saying otherwise don't know nuffin!

Shourty
11-11-2020, 08:20 PM
Sounds like a lot more fun that root and rot with no pet to take my exp.

Baler
11-12-2020, 08:38 AM
What is a Bone Knight and why do I keep hear people using this NEW term?
it's kind of a dumb term that was yoinked out of modern shittier mmos.

greatdane
11-12-2020, 07:59 PM
It's people who think they can look like innovators by convincing idiots that a caster class is actually a melee class, and then fight back with violent hostility and tl;dr nonsense when proven wrong.

Jibartik
11-12-2020, 08:01 PM
Ivory invented this strat so she gets to name it! And she identifies as a gnome, so cute name like bone knight it is.

magnetaress
11-12-2020, 11:00 PM
The str debuffs line all seemed to stack and let me tank lvl 40s mobs fairly well at 50 despite being capped defense and dodge wise. Strategy does work. Great for splitting cuz you root or mez and tank, tap one down, then fd.

If someone slows, necros, err bone knights near perpetual Immortality.

~lillia, 51 necro, red99

Taiku
11-12-2020, 11:09 PM
Even if it's not all that it's claimed to be, it's a very fun playstyle, and so many people have adopted it and are decked out in dex gear and whacking their way through the lower levels at least! Everyone hating on it for not being the min/max best of the best dragon slaying FTE DKP way to play are taking it potentially too seriously.

Either way, I'm enjoying this second run through the leveling of my necromancer as a BONE KNIGHT!

Gustoo
11-13-2020, 02:24 PM
At low levels you should melee as much as you possibly can to keep those skills up, when you still have a chance to take a hit without dying instantly.

No one is a pure caster until later in their career.

pirate23
11-13-2020, 03:41 PM
Iksars get 100 swim to begin, can't beat that

Anxarcule
12-13-2020, 03:41 PM
Now that Kunark is out for awhile, how feasible is this build in the high level dungeons crawling with undead?

Thulian
12-13-2020, 08:39 PM
its still feasable you just need to be on enough drugs

BiG SiP
12-13-2020, 09:14 PM
just need to be on enough drugs

Noselacri
12-13-2020, 11:40 PM
Now that Kunark is out for awhile, how feasible is this build in the high level dungeons crawling with undead?

You can do some ok DPS if you have Annie orb or undead legions staff. You can't really tank. If you get a bunch of Velious BiS gear with crazy AC/HP, maybe you could think about meleeing solo, but right now the available gear gives you like 650 AC buffed and 1300 HP or something like that, with 75 dodge and no parry. Not gonna cut it in any high-level dungeon.

azeth
12-15-2020, 09:00 AM
surprise surprise the classic-only build is classic-only

Ivory
12-17-2020, 07:27 AM

I'm 56 now, and still goin strong.

I can solo bears in the permafrost bear pits by tanking them and pet meleeing. Then pulling back to let pet take some hits before going in when it gets half life again (so we trade off recovering hps). But less work is just root rotting things really since splurt is soooo efficient / safe).

Tanking straight up in a group for high things isn't the best idea though with mobs that are hitting 120+ unless there is someone to slow. I mean, you can do it, but it just drains the mana so isn't that efficient for chain pulls.

But if you have a shaman or enchanter, can tank all day long without resting (I have duoed in bear pits with both, and also city of mist).

Otherwise teaming up with a better mitigating tank can be a good idea, and then using heals on them while meleeing with them. I also duoed in bear pits with a monk and I was able to keep him healed fine while we both dished out damage.

As normal, my DPS is way above anyone elses when you combine mine + pets DPS. 70-100 dps is normal. But a hasted enchanter pet in chardok or something will go higher (unhasted won't be higher dps)..... just my experience is that hasted high DPS pets that can go past my DPS also bring a HUGEEE risk to the team.

Sebilis and chardok i've had enchanters get splatted by their pets too many times that then went on to really cause problems and recovery for the team.

I'd MUUUCHHHH rather have a bone knight or mage DPSing than dealing with that. Just from all my parses, it isn't high enough DPS to really warrant the extra deaths.

For bone knight, I think the biggest problem is lower HPs. But with some cleric buffs that isn't much of a problem anymore.

Yup yup, overall bone knight is holding up pretty good. Top DPSer, that can heal, and duos bananas good with shamans and enchanters and beefier tanks.

Castle2.0
12-17-2020, 11:17 AM
You wanna be a caster and face tank stuff?

Pro Tip: Roll a Shaman 8)

Vivitron
12-17-2020, 12:32 PM

I can solo bears in the permafrost bear pits by tanking them and pet meleeing. Then pulling back to let pet take some hits before going in when it gets half life again (so we trade off recovering hps). But less work is just root rotting things really since splurt is soooo efficient / safe).

Tanking straight up in a group for high things isn't the best idea though with mobs that are hitting 120+ unless there is someone to slow. I mean, you can do it, but it just drains the mana so isn't that efficient for chain pulls.

But if you have a shaman or enchanter, can tank all day long without resting (I have duoed in bear pits with both, and also city of mist).

Otherwise teaming up with a better mitigating tank can be a good idea, and then using heals on them while meleeing with them. I also duoed in bear pits with a monk and I was able to keep him healed fine while we both dished out damage.

As normal, my DPS is way above anyone elses when you combine mine + pets DPS. 70-100 dps is normal. But a hasted enchanter pet in chardok or something will go higher (unhasted won't be higher dps)..... just my experience is that hasted high DPS pets that can go past my DPS also bring a HUGEEE risk to the team.

Sebilis and chardok i've had enchanters get splatted by their pets too many times that then went on to really cause problems and recovery for the team.

I'd MUUUCHHHH rather have a bone knight or mage DPSing than dealing with that. Just from all my parses, it isn't high enough DPS to really warrant the extra deaths.

For bone knight, I think the biggest problem is lower HPs. But with some cleric buffs that isn't much of a problem anymore.

Yup yup, overall bone knight is holding up pretty good. Top DPSer, that can heal, and duos bananas good with shamans and enchanters and beefier tanks.

I wonder how much dps mages tend to do from nukes & ds. I grouped with a mage in chardok and their focused max summon 55 water pet was doing 55ish dps*, which I thought was impressive. In my experience when considered from a class balance or build choice angle there is a bias of damage parsing towards the person parsing -- when I am parsing I have quick feedback to keep my dps where I expect it to be, and sometimes will go to extra lengths to maximize my damage.

I think when choosing a charm pet it's important to reflect not only on the risks the pet increases and reduces, but also on the costs of failure. When a failure is going to be a long corpse recovery for a full group, you have to have a lower risk tolerance than when you are soloing near a zone line frequented by clerics. I've found that charm pets are a significant net benefit to groups, speaking as an enchanter;)

I'm tempted to roll a necro some day, it looks fun.

*My parser currently only shows dps for the latest fight, so that's a very rough estimate.

BiG SiP
12-17-2020, 07:54 PM
The Ultimate Guide to Unemployed Knights!

Thulian
12-17-2020, 08:26 PM
Bone= xanax bone

get it?

drugs and online gaming = boneknight !

Kief
12-17-2020, 09:32 PM
i bet he has fun when he plays while u guys r on here just shit posting.

grow up guys jeeeez.

bwahahah

BiG SiP
12-17-2020, 10:41 PM
i have fun playing my necro too dood
points and laughs

Gwaihir
12-17-2020, 10:49 PM

I would duo my chanter with ya and roll a max hasted sword pet + melee with you. These guys don't know shit.

Knuckle
12-18-2020, 02:07 AM
That's cool that it can be viable under certain conditions, I think the question is, in a duo with a shaman, what can't? I believe in the 1-50 with some of that gear though. Especially Iksar Necro sounds neat with all +dex. Might try it out. Seems a bit gimmicky in kunark era with kunark spells.

xmaerx
12-18-2020, 02:39 AM
I feel like Enchanters might be better at this, with Rune, Bedlam, Werewolf illusion, slows, haste, and stuns for survivability and aggro, plus tash for fast pulls, and animation auto-engage.

I'll let you know. I was already planning this before I even saw your post.

I like where your head's at.

Fammaden
12-18-2020, 07:22 AM
I feel like Enchanters might be better at this, with Rune, Bedlam, Werewolf illusion, slows, haste, and stuns for survivability and aggro, plus tash for fast pulls, and animation auto-engage.

But are you going to be a gnome, name your build "Brain Knights", and do some odd cutesy roleplay attempt that mostly involves making too many words plural?

DoodyLich666
12-18-2020, 09:24 AM
Werewolf build sounds pretty cool.

crossplay
12-18-2020, 09:59 AM
But are you going to be a gnome, name your build "Brain Knights", and do some odd cutesy roleplay attempt that mostly involves making too many words plural?

brain knights so dope

Castle2.0
12-18-2020, 10:15 AM
Problem with enchanters is they can't heal.

Shaman is the play. Pure and simple.

xmaerx
12-18-2020, 11:12 AM
Don't need to heal on chanter, you can prevent damage. Also I'm not talking solo stuff, though I'm sure that works just fine. I'm talking meaningful content ;D

DoodyLich666
12-18-2020, 11:17 AM
Now I just want to level a human enchanter so I can roleplay a werewolf who raids the Karanas and Qeynos....

Castle2.0
12-18-2020, 12:31 PM
Now I just want to level a human enchanter so I can roleplay a werewolf who raids the Karanas and Qeynos....

Kill those werewolf hunters in NK, the whole gang of 'em.

In Velious, you could roll a bard named Korvak, the twin brother of Korvik. Get that werewolf illusion lute, and wear http://wiki.project1999.com/Iron_Shackles in your wrist slot.

#RoleplayWinning

Gustoo
12-18-2020, 12:41 PM
Shamans are the best melee caster, no doubt. For everyone else it is a viable option that is slightly worse than other options. I think that it might come into play where it is unavoidable for one reason or another.

Sabin76
12-18-2020, 05:18 PM
For everyone else it is a viable option that is slightly worse than other options.

Not quite. For example, I don't think mages really have the kit to be able to pull something like this off at all, in either the solo or the "raid dps" aspect.

Gustoo
12-18-2020, 06:13 PM
Okay maybe not mages.

My point was that in generally this strategy is not an improvement over the strategies that most people use.

cannobeers3
12-18-2020, 11:46 PM
I appreciate the creativity of it. However, necros and chanters really don’t need to get cute with builds. Pretty damn powerful classes as-is. I can understand wanting to do something different though for funsies.

Ivory
12-19-2020, 11:51 AM

I was talkins to someone else about that lately too! I think it could work pretty good, using a real rune under the smaller one as a buffer (since it costs money to use).

Combined with a slow, would be pretty strong.

The only problem is they wouldn't be able to get much mana back while fighting. Necromancers have lich form that let them keep up great with mana without ever medding.

The other build I really wana try some day is a battle druid. I think they could be built SUPER tanky actually.

But also, for all the naysayers, bone knighting is actually SUPER powerful over a normal necromancer build. The DPS is higher and survivability is higher.

Necromancer was already bananas....

But bone knights are bonenanas!!!!

BiG SiP
12-19-2020, 12:06 PM
drugs and unemployment

Zipity
12-19-2020, 12:54 PM
Enchanter with slow and charmed rogue pet fighting casters for ToT would be ridiculous DPS with RoA. And fairly easy to maintain mana. Once the hole comes out could be extremely viable in that zone.

Castle2.0
12-19-2020, 01:39 PM
Staff of Undead Legions is the Bone Knight Epic Weapon
https://wiki.project1999.com/Staff_of_undead_legions

WTS, PST

xmaerx
12-20-2020, 07:17 PM
I was talkins to someone else about that lately too! I think it could work pretty good, using a real rune under the smaller one as a buffer (since it costs money to use).

Combined with a slow, would be pretty strong.

The only problem is they wouldn't be able to get much mana back while fighting. Necromancers have lich form that let them keep up great with mana without ever medding.

The other build I really wana try some day is a battle druid. I think they could be built SUPER tanky actually.

But also, for all the naysayers, bone knighting is actually SUPER powerful over a normal necromancer build. The DPS is higher and survivability is higher.

Necromancer was already bananas....

But bone knights are bonenanas!!!!

Theft of Thought and Clarity II! Rarely run out of mana, unless you're fighting no casters whatsoever. But you can always duel someone in group who isn't using much mana. Shaman is a good target.

ChromiumCola
12-24-2020, 10:56 PM
So is this an actual thing, or a troll? Are there any nonstanderd/unintended class builds that work? I've never heard of anything like this.

damus1
12-24-2020, 11:48 PM
mid-level meme. not viable at all for optimal grinding at higher level and even less so for challenging boss type fights. just a pipedream from a deranged gnome

Ivory
12-25-2020, 06:22 PM
So is this an actual thing, or a troll? Are there any nonstanderd/unintended class builds that work? I've never heard of anything like this.

You definitely can do nonstandard builds. Like a battle cleric (specializing in evocation instead of healing magic).

Or a ranger that uses bows more than anything else (build for mana also, so you can start quad kiting at level 15).

I also think that enchanter can do some interesting meleeing with the right weapons, and druids can most likely become pretty decent tanks + melee / thorn damage as a main tank for a group.

mid-level meme. not viable at all for optimal grinding at higher level and even less so for challenging boss type fights. just a pipedream from a deranged gnome

Whaat? It is the most optimal method for grinding if you are in a group! And up through mid 40's at least if you are solo.

Bone knighting is the most powerful form of necromancer! DPS is top notch, way more than you can do just lifetap nuking or trying to get a few ticks of a dot off before a mob dies.

Thulian
12-25-2020, 08:36 PM
Protip try building your boneknight with 250 agility you will dodge most of the hits and might be able to tank better 50+

sorry you are too dumb to think of that

Old_PVP
12-25-2020, 08:51 PM
you figured out a build where staff of writing is used.

Game over, ivory wins!

Great thread! I've always enjoyed the unconventional path. Good job Ivory.

Cone
12-30-2020, 08:04 PM
What is a Bone Knight and why do I keep hear people using this NEW term?
it's kind of a dumb term that was yoinked out of modern shittier mmos.

so the first mention of "bone knight" was from diablo, not modern stuff.

haters ball just send you a ticket lol

Ivory
12-31-2020, 04:34 PM
so the first mention of "bone knight" was from diablo, not modern stuff.

haters ball just send you a ticket lol

Don't worry, them noobs don't knows nuffin. Bone knight is rooted in Norrathian lore. But thems noobs wouldn't know such thing.

https://wiki.project1999.com/images/Npc_a_goblin_bone_knight.png

Ghrel Moey
01-15-2021, 11:52 AM
Hey all, after reading this thread I decided it would be fun to gear up a Bone Knight build and see how it worked. Before I go into my observations and questions, here are my stats (Currently at Level 9):

Race: Gnome
HP: 358 (I am wearing (2) 5/55 rings
AC: 286 (I have a few higher end pieces like Grave Sandals, Cloak of Shadows, Roykl's Channelleing Crystal)
STR: 75
DEX: 170
Weapons: Crookstinger, Smoldering Brand

I found levels 1-8 to be a breeze; so much that I didn't even need a pet. However, this was likely due to being geared up.

At level 9 my experience changed; when fighting blues, I can tank fine. Even or Yellow is problematic - I find I am mashing the Lifespike button more than I anticipated. Vampiric Embrace seems to proc less than my weapons do. I'm spending a lot of time bandaging and resting.

Am I doing something wrong? Or is it at Level 12, once we have our first Leach spell, that things get better?

thanks!!

Bonethunder
01-15-2021, 12:00 PM
Bone shaman better then bone knight !

Shourty
01-15-2021, 02:32 PM
I tried this on an iki shaman. I put dex up to 101 to start, balance went equal to wiz and strength. Right off the bat I was bashing the crud out of the lil doggie things while taking almost no damage. The only thing I ran from was the higher skelly doggy thing. It worked well up to lvl six. Haven't played him since.
THEN, I did the same to a iki monk, 101 dex, strength and stamina equal balance. same result. I don't know how it will play out later but that went well.
Pondering if this would work with a wimpy gnome mage. Maybe all classes would work as tankish toons but probably not. Can't see a wizzerd being a tank.

Ghrel Moey
01-15-2021, 08:27 PM
I hit 12 and got Leach - and it was a game changer. NOW I see the power this setup can have. Also - get a Smoldering Brand for 1HB of you can afford it. It's worth it.

Ghrel Moey
01-15-2021, 08:29 PM
I tried this on an iki shaman. I put dex up to 101 to start, balance went equal to wiz and strength. Right off the bat I was bashing the crud out of the lil doggie things while taking almost no damage. The only thing I ran from was the higher skelly doggy thing. It worked well up to lvl six. Haven't played him since.
THEN, I did the same to a iki monk, 101 dex, strength and stamina equal balance. same result. I don't know how it will play out later but that went well.
Pondering if this would work with a wimpy gnome mage. Maybe all classes would work as tankish toons but probably not. Can't see a wizzerd being a tank.

Prob wouldn't work as a mage as you don't have the Leach, Dark Pact, and Vamp Embrace that a Necro has. Now that all three are working for me, I am tearing through things!

Moll
01-22-2021, 10:28 PM
Sounds like a fun idea to try out!

tadkins
01-27-2021, 02:56 AM
Hello! New Bone Knight here joining the ranks. :)

https://i.imgur.com/bkgG2Ga.jpg

I did choose Human over Gnome for a few reasons, some tangible (flayed skin armor is quite nice for this setup) and some for RP/fluff (Wanted to pick something that could follow Innoruuk so I can hang out in my favorite city in the world, Neriak).

I was inspired by this guide and decided to throw what I have on this server into giving it the ol' college try. The methods of killing looked fun and interesting, and I feel confident doing more than just kiting a mob outdoors all day.

Starting out with the water crystal staff, a level 1 proccing weapon, and have an Obsidian Shard waiting in the wings for later.

Looking forward to seeing where this journey leads.

Grakken
01-27-2021, 01:22 PM
Hello! New Bone Knight here joining the ranks. :)

https://i.imgur.com/bkgG2Ga.jpg

I did choose Human over Gnome for a few reasons, some tangible (flayed skin armor is quite nice for this setup) and some for RP/fluff (Wanted to pick something that could follow Innoruuk so I can hang out in my favorite city in the world, Neriak).

I was inspired by this guide and decided to throw what I have on this server into giving it the ol' college try. The methods of killing looked fun and interesting, and I feel confident doing more than just kiting a mob outdoors all day.

Starting out with the water crystal staff, a level 1 proccing weapon, and have an Obsidian Shard waiting in the wings for later.

Looking forward to seeing where this journey leads.

I can't tell you how much I love this. This game has been beat to death. The originality and new fun idea I support so much. I hope its a blast for you.

Seducio
01-27-2021, 09:32 PM
eyepatch human > gnome > human

Had to be said.

Shourty
01-28-2021, 01:20 AM
I'm playing a nome bone knight. At lvl 10 my piercing is stuck in the low 20s. I use a nice dragon something dagger that was given to me and can't see why it isn't going up. I put all the points I could into dex and the rest into health.

Xer0
02-03-2021, 03:06 AM
I actually tested this with another necromancer in sky. We both were taking turns trying to solo one of the island 1 faeries... and my in and out strategy was able to take it down twice as far as they were before they had to FD it off.

it's 2021, where's the video evidence?

Anxarcule
02-18-2021, 05:33 AM
Just wanted to chime in with my progress so far:

Just hit, lvl 22 yesterday with an Iksar necro. Semi-twinked this guy though overall there aren't all that many expensive items needed (I did splurge for a Tola's robe and silken cat fur girdle, but most other items were nowhere near as expensive) but I did want to get high dex. At creation I did 20 dex / 10 int and with my gear have 165 dex unbuffed, though I'm hoping to get a pegasus cloak soon for a bit more.

All told in groups I've been managing to tank as well if not better than an even level semi-twinked warrior and this build is a blast. We'll see how well it pans out at higher levels but from my side being able to melee while having such a powerful spell set makes the leveling process very fun and different!

Realizing that this guide was first written pre-Kunark, in my personal opinion the smoldering brand is the weapon to stick with - I tried the Stiletto but the overall DPS was too low and it seems that weapon procs a lot less so proc damage doesn't make up for it. I have a staff of writhing waiting to be used but I'm wondering if the smoldering brand will out damage that too.

If only necros were able to use deadwood staves...

Vanessa
03-14-2021, 12:06 AM
Any Bone Knight's have some new updates?

This looks really fun, I'm planning to start my own soon. I've got about half my gear so far!

cd288
03-14-2021, 03:34 AM
Why wouldn’t you just make a shadow knight

Vanessa
03-14-2021, 04:28 AM
Why wouldn’t you just make a shadow knight

They don't look very fun.

Swish
03-14-2021, 04:30 AM

Way more fun than a paladin, and thats just for starters <3

Vanessa
03-14-2021, 05:40 AM
Way more fun than a paladin, and thats just for starters <3

Yeah originally I was wanting to make a melee character, and I was learning towards Paladin, Ranger, or Rogue. But the more I looked at Bone Knights, the more fun they look. And worst case scenario, if the meleeing gets to be too difficult, then I can fear kite or root rot like every other Necro. Win / Win.

I'm a bit torn on going Gnome vs Iksar though. Seems Dex is pretty important, and being a Gnome gives +25 Dex basically. Whereas Iksars get bonus AC, although, I'm not sure how much they actually get.

Snortles Chortles
03-14-2021, 11:10 AM
necromancer that melees instead of medding
(LOL)

magnetaress
03-14-2021, 11:16 AM
necromancer that melees instead of medding
(LOL)

Lich >
Medding.

cd288
03-14-2021, 11:48 AM

I mean, based on what I understand from the bone knight play style it’s literally just a worse shadow knight lol

Snortles Chortles
03-14-2021, 11:48 AM
this

Anxarcule
03-14-2021, 11:50 AM
I can chime in with my 2 cents so far. I'm lvl 40 and have been playing bone knight build more or less exclusively until about 1 level ago but that more because I realized I needed to train my evoc (it was at 10 or so), duoing with a clerci from 1 - 24 and a monk since.

It really is a lot of fun and if you invest in AC + dex gear you will see pretty impressive procs + damage mitigation (for a caster). I did some soloing here and there in my late 30s and if I was able to get C was able to more or less non-stop pull. Once I get my evoc up to normal levels I'll be back to meleeing and I think it will still be viable. Damage wise the melee damage is not the greatest I'll admit, but when you're proccing for 50ish damage per proc (average is ~3 procs per fight or so?) it is nice. You won't tear through things like you will with a high DPS build but it is dependable and steady and all told a lot of fun.

In groups I've jumped between mezzing, healing, snaring all the while adding my + pet DPS so it's a lot more active than I would imagine root rotting but for me that's also more fun.

If you're going for weapons smoldering brand -> staff of writhing is my suggestion, though be warned you will draw a ton of aggro with staff, but thankfully it's around the time you get FD which can help if needed

Snortles Chortles
03-14-2021, 11:52 AM
guys!! it's fun to play necros poorly, i swear!!
(LOL)

Anxarcule
03-14-2021, 11:54 AM
It's unconventional and yes some people enjoy playing those kinds of challenge builds instead of min-maxing. Laugh and judge if you like if that really makes you happy :)

Snortles Chortles
03-14-2021, 11:57 AM
https://i.imgur.com/ew4BERB.jpg

Taiku
03-15-2021, 03:27 AM
It's like a shadow knight without the hybrid penalty, better mana regen and more powerful spells, more powerful pet, but with lower AC and combat skills. I don't think people playing bone knights are interested in maximizing their performance, it's a fun new playstyle in a 20,000 year old goblin sim.

Not to say one is better than the other (sk and necro), and clearly a traditional necromancer build is "better" than a bone knight at or near max level, but the difference between a bone knight and a traditional necro at 60 is like 20 dex instead of 20 int, easy to just switch up playstyles.. And I think the leveling experience of being a melee bone master is pretty fun.

Swish
03-15-2021, 04:06 AM
In the same sense, you could make a case for battle clerics. Paladins aren't really in a group because of their "awesome damage" (sorry Naethyn), just their tanking ability.

Clerics obviously have all of the same aggro spells... but with better HP buffs and still the ability to wear plate and have decent AC. With their ability to also be undead wizards, I tip my hat to their versatility <3

Jimjam
03-15-2021, 07:56 AM
Clerics are great CCers too with their range of stuns, fears, roots, lulls and memblurs. It’s quite fun being able to tell adds to just calm down and go home!

Anxarcule
03-15-2021, 09:03 AM
Yeah I was thinking post-Velious of trying to make a battle cleric too which good dex gear + proc weapons combined with cleric spells could be a lot of fun, and versatile. If nothing else, would probably be a more interesting leveling experience then healing and medding.

Snortles Chortles
03-15-2021, 10:45 AM
in this thread we pretend playing classes poorly is fun
(LOL)

Anxarcule
03-15-2021, 11:00 AM
We actually aren't pretending and are actually having fun - I wonder if you've ever imagined that people can have fun doing things that you find unfun. If you don't have anything to contribute aside from belittling then why even bother posting? Don't you have something better to do with your time and energy?

I wish you maturity my friend :)

Snortles Chortles
03-15-2021, 11:21 AM
guys check out this totally new way to play
(LOL)

bchennau
03-15-2021, 04:33 PM
We actually aren't pretending and are actually having fun - I wonder if you've ever imagined that people can have fun doing things that you find unfun. If you don't have anything to contribute aside from belittling then why even bother posting? Don't you have something better to do with your time and energy?

I wish you maturity my friend :)

Look who you're replying to... he literally has a troll as an avatar. The guy is a goof and just trying to rile people up.

azeth
03-15-2021, 07:37 PM
guys check out this totally new way to play
(LOL)

Can't believe I agree. I've been fascinated how many people think this play style was created by OP

DMN
03-15-2021, 07:54 PM
Wait till y'all get a load of my Boned Knight, an SK that only uses spells!

Snortles Chortles
03-15-2021, 08:25 PM
WOW AMAZING !!!!

Aegwedar
03-15-2021, 09:12 PM
Wait till y'all get a load of my Boned Knight, an SK that only uses spells!

During Luclin era there was an all/all robe you could tailor. I was so excited my SK could wear a robe. I threw it on, went anon, and joined a group pretending to be a necro.

Finally a group member inspected me and realized what was going on. He left the group ranting about how I was gimping his experience.

I miss the dumb things we used to do in this game before everyone min/maxed.

Rock on Bone Knights !

Daddypig
03-17-2021, 10:18 AM
I've decided to give Bone Knight a shot as well, looks fun! In fact, I'm going to stream it!

Seems like there are many people in this thread who are interested in how / what a Bone Knight plays like, so rather than just reading about it here, I figured I would just stream my leveling experience so many of you can see it first hand. Then you can decide whether or not it's something you'd be interested in playing yourselves. I don't imagine it will be incredibly OP or anything, but I definitely think levels 1-40 will be much more fun than the traditional play style. Dunno, we'll see how it goes!

If anyone is interested in watching a level 1-50 ish Bone Knight stream, you can watch at ( https://www.twitch.tv/daddypigp99 ).

I plan to stream a few nights a week from roughly 9pm-midnight Japan time. Since many people won't be able to watch during those times, I plan to download each stream then upload it to to YouTube.

So if you'd rather watch the recorded streams on YouTube, you can watch them here ( https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iAHCSTCYiQw ).

Snortles Chortles
03-17-2021, 10:20 AM
can’t wait to check out your melee necromancer streams
(LOL)

Daddypig
03-17-2021, 12:00 PM
can’t wait to check out your melee necromancer streams
(LOL)

Thanks buddy, appreciate the support! Did 1-5 tonight, had a good time. See ya tomorrow night??? Be there, or be squareeeee!

Anxarcule
03-17-2021, 02:05 PM
Wait until lvl 8 with Vampric Embrace - fun times :)

cd288
03-17-2021, 03:09 PM
Well at least you can say they are playing a class poorly on purpose rather than sucking unintentionally

Snortles Chortles
03-17-2021, 03:35 PM
https://i.imgur.com/lKPaHzp.jpeg

Bardp1999
03-17-2021, 03:57 PM
https://i.imgur.com/2gDzd72.jpg

Danger
03-27-2021, 02:30 AM
anxiously awaiting the next update

Tethler
03-27-2021, 02:39 AM

Maybe level 1-5 was enough for him

Daddypig
03-27-2021, 03:17 AM

Levels 1-5 ( https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dXG4Q_camYA&list=PLPQk2lp-cPzoDeBDkJ0FJgkgHzDl2FPGO&index=1 )

Levels 6-8 ( https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DJ72Ny01Xkc&list=PLPQk2lp-cPzoDeBDkJ0FJgkgHzDl2FPGO&index=3 )

Levels 8-10 ( https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yfIFQUGYZsw&list=PLPQk2lp-cPzoDeBDkJ0FJgkgHzDl2FPGO&index=4 )

Levels 11-12 ( https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0EkB1rQ9bt4&list=PLPQk2lp-cPzoDeBDkJ0FJgkgHzDl2FPGO&index=4 )

Levels 12-14 ( https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DIIVBY9kAWo&list=PLPQk2lp-cPzoDeBDkJ0FJgkgHzDl2FPGO&index=6 )

I'm level 19 now, just staying in Kurns grinding. Haven't been able to stream for the last few days but, I should be able to tonight for a while though, around 9pm JPT (5 hours from now ).

I'm planning to leave Kurns at 20 though. As good as the exp is, it's just getting boring. I'm looking forward to checking out Permafrost at some point, maybe Runnyeye as well, since I've never leveled in those 2 places before.

If you wanna watch the stream live, you check check it out at ( https://www.twitch.tv/daddypigp99 ). Otherwise, you can see them on YouTube a few days later.

Overall, it's going well! Loving the Bone Knight so far, and looking forward to trying out the Staff of Withering when I get to 28!