PDA

View Full Version : Bind at fire pots

Whoop
09-24-2020, 04:16 AM
Possible still ok green for any caster with the spel?

BarnabusCollins
09-24-2020, 06:17 AM
When Kunark is patched in, yes, for a limited time. Novemeber time frame? Who knows.

Ravager
09-24-2020, 07:07 AM
Pretty sure you've got three days from Kunark launch to bind in TD.

Googi
09-24-2020, 09:17 AM
id be more worried about being able to fit in the firepot room on green thats how many people will be stacked up ther

you might have to bind up in the air and when you respawn you might die from falling damage

Videri
09-24-2020, 09:29 AM
Folks, I think it’s best to bind on top of the spires above the firepot room, not in the room itself. That gives you access to Timorous Deep as well as to the firepots. Faydedar will be killed upon spawn for years.

Also, when you bind, the game sets your bind location to the ground underneath you, so there’s no way to take falling damage upon respawn.

douglas1999
09-24-2020, 11:31 AM
Dad, can we play catch?

Later son; I need to bind in the firepot room.

cornisthebest
09-24-2020, 02:12 PM
firepot room gonna be the new trading hub? :D

Sarkhan
09-24-2020, 03:06 PM
Firepots truly are the best place. Still have a mage on blue bound there and it has been the best mule ever

OuterChimp
09-24-2020, 03:07 PM
Pardon my ignorance....

The firepot room is a good place for melees to bind as it gives pretty much easy access to all the cities?

Question - if I have a melee alt, shoudl I make sure I get him bound in the firepot room as soon as possible?

Sarkhan
09-24-2020, 03:11 PM
You will need a locket of escape or be a DE sk with ring of the dead. That will be the only way for melee to bind in room

OuterChimp
09-24-2020, 03:16 PM
You will need a locket of escape or be a DE sk with ring of the dead. That will be the only way for melee to bind in room

Ohhh. I see. I figured it was just group up and get a bind from a caster.

So I see now why there will be such a rush to get that locket as soon as Kunark drops...that on top of only a few days for a melee to bind in the TD.

very interesting.

This is one of the great things about p99 as it lets folks like us who never really leveled up till PoP to see all this Kunakr and Velious stuff as it happens.

Videri
09-24-2020, 06:08 PM
Yeah, because no part of TD counts as a city, you can only bind yourself there, regardless of class. It'll be mostly casters, with probably only a few druids or wizards binding there since they have access to most of Norrath anyway.

BlackBellamy
09-24-2020, 07:52 PM
Yeah I couldn't see any advantage to binding my druid there at all. I rebind all the time so I can vendor right from my camp.

Nuggie
09-25-2020, 12:28 AM
I have a necro and druid both bound there on blue. It was a blessing and a curse. Being able to bind where you fight is a huge advantage. Being able to quickly travel is a huge convenience. Pick your benefit.

Also, yes to spire tops 100%.

cd288
09-25-2020, 09:45 PM
Ohhh. I see. I figured it was just group up and get a bind from a caster.

So I see now why there will be such a rush to get that locket as soon as Kunark drops...that on top of only a few days for a melee to bind in the TD.

very interesting.

This is one of the great things about p99 as it lets folks like us who never really leveled up till PoP to see all this Kunakr and Velious stuff as it happens.

What would make it worth binding there as a melee? You can’t gate there for ease of travel. You could get TLed of course, but other than Qeynos pretty much every city has a TP spot close by so why not just get a port if you’re getting TLed? All it seems like it would do is save you the minor inconvenience of getting a bind when you switch XPing locations to somewhere further away.

Nuggie
09-26-2020, 01:40 AM
I can tell you having a shared guild ress cleric bound at firepots was pretty damned handy. As long as you had one to spare.

Tethler
09-26-2020, 01:59 AM
I'm damn sure binding my cleric there. Never gonna change it after that. I may attempt to get an iksar necro to level 12 and out to TD for a bind as well, but it really depends on the time we have to do it.

Zoolander
09-26-2020, 07:46 AM
we farmed for weeks if not months the locket of escape on red when kunark came out. pretty sure u will be able to bind there for a long time. the only bottleneck will be the locket camp. it will be 10 times harder than the guise to get for sure !

Videri
09-26-2020, 09:47 AM
What would make it worth binding there as a melee? You can’t gate there for ease of travel. You could get TLed of course, but other than Qeynos pretty much every city has a TP spot close by so why not just get a port if you’re getting TLed? All it seems like it would do is save you the minor inconvenience of getting a bind when you switch XPing locations to somewhere further away.

The reasons I've heard are: gate via vial of swirling smoke (costs 1k), or bind there for CR'ing yourself. Neither is a very compelling reason, to me. I'm pretty sure the firepot bind thing is cool on gate classes that can't port and a huge meh for other classes.

BlackBellamy
09-26-2020, 10:55 AM
The reasons I've heard are: gate via vial of swirling smoke (costs 1k), or bind there for CR'ing yourself. Neither is a very compelling reason, to me. I'm pretty sure the firepot bind thing is cool on gate classes that can't port and a huge meh for other classes.

I was thinking about the utility of this room. I have five developed characters; an sk, rogue, druid, cleric and an enchanter. I can't see any reason for them to bind there.

For the three chars that have bind, I use it tactically. I use it to get around, to get back to camps, to check stuff. I would have to give up that utility.

For my melee chars I need safety and even though it will be camped, its still technically less safe than any other self-selected bind. Also, because I'm on CR, if a rez isn't coming then I'm running to the nearest druid ring, and all the firepot room does is put an extra loading screen between that.

None of the destinations are really useful. The only Kunark connection dumps you in Cabilis West.

I'm trying to think of a reason to bind there. I depend on ports for all my getting around.

Zoolander
09-26-2020, 11:28 AM
I'm trying to think of a reason to bind there. I depend on ports for all my getting around.

the reasons are a nobrainer for oldworld destinations

vox = hallas pot
guk = grob
fear = oggok
phinny = bb
hole = erudin
naggy = neriak
freeport = ec tunnel

argueable for kunark destinations maybe and not so important anymore for velious

even my wiz on red is bound at pots

uygi
09-26-2020, 11:49 AM
My Blue SK is still bound on the TD spires, tremendously useful in Kunark era. I probably would have rebound in Velious, but I didn’t play much Blue by then so didn’t bother. The reasons:

CRs are easy. Did you wipe in Sebilis? I can run back from Cabilis very quickly (few minutes); this one will be tough for the [vast majority of] players that just sit at their bind point lazily after dying instead of doing anything productive. Get fucked when Master Yael bugged out (or some other Hole shenanigans)? That one is even faster. If you have no one left alive, or that player is a total wuss and scared of merbs, you’ll want to get there yourself and clean up faster. If I drag my cleric to entrance, the CR is pretty much over. If I’m stuck begging for drags, it could easily be a half hour and most likely loss of the camp.
Shopping. No matter where you are, you can always shop while dead. Pretty much anywhere. Somebody needs a spell? I’ll grab it. Gems/reagents? No problem. Grab something from EC? I got it, rez me back in a minute.
Very close to all ports. Can be a click away from any wizard or druid port for your CR. As a melee, it’s a max of one extra zone load. I’m usually bound in Oggok otherwise which isn’t all that fast to Druid ring or wiz spire; adding a zone load (like 3 seconds or whatever) is a bargain to have the option of any city instead of being tied to just one.

P.S. Most players on Blue were afraid to run through Cabilis. It’s an amazing shortcut. It was very often faster than waiting for a port. The run from Cabilis to Sebilis is a very short one, you’re in TT quickly and the ZL isn’t far from OS. Do work.