PDA

View Full Version : WTF is going on in Freedom! Elf News???

Paniza
09-23-2020, 07:07 PM
1st, who the hell is Zepox and why do I care about this??

2nd, what kind of a guild puts together a news letter for what purpose??? Just to consume time outside raiding??

https://imgur.com/a/iUEM4Gg

You should just focus on getting better racers! lawl

Riot is recruiting! https://forms.gle/JbfskqX2BEqjP97n7

conoutoftrol
09-23-2020, 07:10 PM
hi guys my friend had unprotected sex and now isn't feel swell. I, i mean he also has weird sores on pp. Any advise?

Kohedron
09-23-2020, 07:34 PM
Wow, imagine being in so deep you read an infographic about 70 year old gramps sim

Baler
09-23-2020, 07:44 PM
https://i.imgur.com/obzCcDC.gif

kaizersoze
09-23-2020, 07:44 PM
i think they just PM'd everyone on the forum with their link.

Baler
09-23-2020, 07:50 PM
i think they just PM'd everyone on the forum with their link.
Can confirm Zepox (https://www.project1999.com/forums/member.php?u=181330) Send me this link/image.
And I don't normally talk outside a PM but it was like why the fuck do I care.

Ripqozko
09-23-2020, 07:57 PM
Yea i got it too, thats some immersion to PM everyone.

Baler
09-23-2020, 08:03 PM
According to the forum rules that is spam and is a bannable offense.

Akg49
09-23-2020, 08:09 PM

yeah also every single thing else they did

icedwards
09-23-2020, 08:48 PM
https://i.imgur.com/6swTvmj.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/nFOELvz.gif

Nexii
09-23-2020, 09:09 PM
I like how no one noticed the https://wiki.project1999.com/Ye_Auld_Ball_Peen_Hammer

hookthem
09-23-2020, 09:24 PM
LOL that newsletter looks like the one my grandmother puts out at her assisted living community.

Join the <Riot>... otherwise you can join the "best" raid leaders on the server (please see the attached newsletter) to lose Statue/AoW two weeks in a row.

Zipity
09-23-2020, 09:29 PM
I see nothing wrong with that newsletter at all and lol at this guy^ lose 5+ and then win two in a row isn’t hardly anything to brag about.

hookthem
09-23-2020, 09:31 PM
I see nothing wrong with that newsletter at all and lol at this guy^ lose 5+ and then win two in a row isn’t hardly anything to brag about.

I agree, it isn't. Let's see what happens!~ <3

Baler
09-23-2020, 09:37 PM

Except they're spamming users on the p99 forums which is wrong.

icedwards
09-23-2020, 09:41 PM

I realize Freedom officers have the reading comprehension of kindergarten glue sniffers, but if you see nothing wrong with this magnum opus of cringe it's probably time to take a step back from elfsim.

Baler
09-23-2020, 09:55 PM
A for effort
F for execution

It could have been played off much better such as, "checkout our guild we're working on a news letter. If you want to stay up to date with the lately news check out our guild."

missed the target

fastboy21
09-23-2020, 10:05 PM
I feel left out...where is my spam PM?

Nexii
09-23-2020, 10:35 PM
Ah but its the hidden trolls. Riot is soft and Freedom is toxic. And the bit about letting Kittens have Sev while there's a petition outstanding from Kittens on Sev.

I give it a 9/10. 10/10 if a bit of spicy fanfic was worked in somehow. Maybe a secret lovers angle to explain the turncoat behavior

Nexii
09-23-2020, 10:39 PM
Also Detoxx would never in a million years say no RNF..

conoutoftrol
09-23-2020, 10:42 PM
How much is the monthly subscription?

renarin
09-23-2020, 10:53 PM
Maybe a secret lovers angle to explain the turncoat behavior

Love triangle between Furor, Tawanda, and Shyye (perhaps Darkshyye). Dextox is just the weird autistic guy filming the encounter. Lavitz is just a crep-o bringing others to the gang-bang.

Nuggie
09-23-2020, 11:34 PM
also got a PM. that recruiting tactic is like spamming Gfay for invites. disrespect.

elwing
09-23-2020, 11:40 PM
This news pamphlet is so much better than riots 17 pages petitions... Just saying...

Zekayy
09-24-2020, 12:32 AM
Also Detoxx would never in a million years say no RNF..

he has before

Zekayy
09-24-2020, 12:35 AM
What exactly is wrong with this newsletter? I thought it was well put together, should of been put on the front page of the website tho with a list like this. Riot is just salty they have had two shitty cycles in a row suck it up, theres always next week.

Psyborg
09-24-2020, 12:41 AM
My favorite part about this is that Riot is taking this newsletter seriously. Jestuh you couldn't have been more right.

ScottBerta
09-24-2020, 01:18 AM
Nothing wrong with the newsletter. People need to stop hating.

JackofSpade
09-24-2020, 01:23 AM
I realize Freedom officers have the reading comprehension of kindergarten glue sniffers, but if you see nothing wrong with this magnum opus of cringe it's probably time to take a step back from elfsim.

The irony of calling out people's reading comprehension followed directly by referring to a newsletter as a magnum opus is embarrassingly dumb. As an FYI, there is a website called google where you can actually look up the definitions of words before you use them!

Zugsmash
09-24-2020, 01:23 AM
Yikes that recruitment part of news letter! Welcome Riot to Freedom!? or AG? Can't tell anymore which is which.

Charrossa<TSS>
52 Heretic of the Iksars!

JackofSpade
09-24-2020, 01:28 AM
Yikes that recruitment part of news letter!

Charrossa<TSS>

Yeah that part is definitely not cool, they should not be talking about recruiting people away from our guild by offering them dkp packages. By putting that out there publicly it might make other people in our guild think about dkp dumping and jumping ship before it's too late.

Viscere
09-24-2020, 02:32 AM
Itt : butthurt competitors

Itt2 : each post is more advertisement for this amazing piece of elf journalism

#winning #freedomfries

zodium
09-24-2020, 03:31 AM
visceres right. everyone who's making fun of this should be ashamed of themselves, imho. the newsletter maker put a lot oef effort into it and is probably really hurt you're saying all these mean things about their newsletter. ppl have feelings, for Fucks sake!!

honestly just shameful behavior from my own guild. maybe you should try making a newsletter that fwiggin Whips Ass, maybe you'll see its not that easy?? I definitely look forward to receiving the next Freedom Newsletter & epscially seeing who will be Patriot of the week (Epic) ftw :D :p :D

icedwards
09-24-2020, 06:14 AM
The irony of calling out people's reading comprehension followed directly by referring to a newsletter as a magnum opus is embarrassingly dumb. As an FYI, there is a website called google where you can actually look up the definitions of words before you use them!

Are you retarded? Genuine question because if you're going to call me out for reading comprehension when you can't wrap your head around the sarcasm laid on thick here then it's back to remedial English class for you. Thanks for the hot Google tip, you silver-tongued devil :rolleyes:

Tayy
09-24-2020, 06:34 AM
I find it funny that Freedom folks take time out of their day to make a propaganda newsletter that says they want to avoid unnecessary drama/RNF and then post it just to create unnecessary drama/RNF .....

Then call out Riot folks for taking it "too seriously" ......really guys?

This is the childish behavior that causes the petitions you're complaining about. Play dirty and complain when you're actually called to task?

Pandemics, murder Hornets, fires, god only knows what else but these guys are the most toxic shit I've seen in 2020 thus far.

Zipity
09-24-2020, 06:51 AM
I find it funny that Freedom folks take time out of their day to make a propaganda newsletter that says they want to avoid unnecessary drama/RNF and then post it just to create unnecessary drama/RNF .....

Then call out Riot folks for taking it "too seriously" ......really guys?

This is the childish behavior that causes the petitions you're complaining about. Play dirty and complain when you're actually called to task?

Pandemics, murder Hornets, fires, god only knows what else but these guys are the most toxic shit I've seen in 2020 thus far.

Murder hornets will always bee #1

Twochain
09-24-2020, 09:27 AM
THIS IS AN OUTRAGE. FREEDOM IS A HOME FOR NERDS

Dreenk317
09-24-2020, 09:51 AM

I thought spam meant that a message was repeatedly sent, over and over.

Toryas
09-24-2020, 10:06 AM
I thought spam meant that a message was repeatedly sent, over and over.

A quick Google suggests; "irrelevant or unsolicited messages sent over the Internet, typically to a large number of users, for the purposes of advertising, phishing, spreading malware, etc."

deezy
09-24-2020, 10:07 AM
This is a safe space

Jorgam
09-24-2020, 10:18 AM
I truly hope that someone finds a Riot member and puts a copy of this under their windshield wipers...

zodium
09-24-2020, 10:32 AM
This is a safe space

Viscere
09-24-2020, 10:58 AM
Be nice to Riot

:D

Psyborg
09-24-2020, 11:01 AM
Yeah that part is definitely not cool, they should not be talking about recruiting people away from our guild by offering them dkp packages. By putting that out there publicly it might make other people in our guild think about dkp dumping and jumping ship before it's too late.

You must be new here. Riot did exactly this when forming up a year and a half ago.

Sarleon8503
09-24-2020, 11:07 AM
Newsletter? Say what you want, but that is actually really damn cool! That shows dedication to your guild and mission.

xdrcfrx
09-24-2020, 11:15 AM
I actually thought the graphic design on the newsletter was nice, all things considered.

Tunabros
09-24-2020, 11:34 AM
this newspaper type thing is pretty cool
spamming everyone with it is not

zodium
09-24-2020, 11:36 AM
all these people cormplainiong about "spam". :rolleyes: where's my copy of the Freedom Newsletter?? :eek::mad:

xdrcfrx
09-24-2020, 11:46 AM
all these people cormplainiong about "spam". :rolleyes: where's my copy of the Freedom Newsletter?? :eek::mad:

I too feel jilted and ignored.

strongNpretty
09-24-2020, 11:54 AM
People who don't like the newsletter, are not team players... I dig it!

conoutoftrol
09-24-2020, 11:56 AM
After hours of analysis my team has found countless violations in this thread.

As is customary in elf law we are bringing it to the attention of those involved.

Our ask is simple: A total concession of this thread. Cease and desist all activity in this thread.

If you choose not to concede this thread we will be elevating this grievance to the higher authorities.

My legal team is currently drafting up documents at a rate of 1 google doc page / 5 minutes. We will be pushing for a concession on all R&F beta server threads for two cycles. Do you want to roll those dice?

Viscian
09-24-2020, 12:01 PM
You Riot folks really are a spiteful bunch. Freedom Leadership actually cares about its members! They take their personal time and dedicate it to the betterment of our guild rather then just logging in to try and kill a dragon then gone again. To bad Riot leadership doesn't care about it's members.

Especially with this attitude. "We've weighed our options and...We only really lose one warrior". How's that working out now btw???

xdrcfrx
09-24-2020, 12:03 PM
You Riot folks really are a spiteful bunch. Freedom Leadership actually cares about its members! They take their personal time and dedicate it to the betterment of our guild rather then just logging in to try and kill a dragon then gone again. To bad Riot leadership doesn't care about it's members.

Especially with this attitude. "We've weighed our options and...We only really lose one warrior". How's that working out now btw???

I thought it was Riot that were the kool-aid drinkers? Cause this is some straight flavor-aid right here.

Naerron
09-24-2020, 12:23 PM
IMO a news letter is pretty cool, but this is propaganda and trolling.

The real epic quest in Norrath is for friendship. And although I put that in a pretty silly way, i truly think most of us feel that this game is more about community then content, and that p99 being time locked for 5 years and still so active is pretty good evidence for this.

This news letter tho...it's about salting wounds, flaring people up, and if the recruitment stuff isn't a total troll, then about tearing down what other people have built.

The project leads and their staff can claim rooting dragons, making absurd raid rules, and etc is all about making a "fair playing field", but let's be real, they have multiple technical solutions for that. The way they've attempted to enforce a social solution feels like insanity and denial at their finest.

The private discord servers, lack of permissions to sections of these forums, GMs that get too involved in the drama to stay objective...All of this keeps being used and keeps ending bad, and keeps to not working. The only thing it's been good as is given a platform for toxic people to be heard and boxed people out.

If the project leads and devs ever want to get serious about the social state of the community and give equal access to raid content, then extend the play nice policy to this troll behavior in and outside of the game and implement a technical solution for access to raid content.

I haven't had the sound on in my game for about a year, but can someone tell me if each time an FTE goes out, does THIS (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dQw4w9WgXcQ) play?

zodium
09-24-2020, 12:54 PM
i am once agaiun asking you, where the hell is "My" kool aid? :confused: :rolleyes:

Ripqozko
09-24-2020, 01:01 PM
i am once agaiun asking you, where the hell is "My" kool aid? :confused: :rolleyes:

You are drinking the same koolaid the rest of the folks with no warder loot are drinking.

zodium
09-24-2020, 01:11 PM
WEHERE'S my FUCKING KOOL AId :mad:

sorry for caps

Molitoth
09-24-2020, 01:29 PM
I think the newsletter is fine and especially agree with the "behave!" section. Sarcasm or not, I'm glad the message is being communicated to the guild.

Not sure if Riot had to "ASK" freedom to not be Toxic, as that should be common sense.

The meat of the newsletter is the claim that 11 Riot members are going to jump ship over 2 cycles of still getting lots of raid mobs. Can't wait to see who! Will stay tuned.

Hideousclaw
09-24-2020, 01:31 PM
You must be new here. Riot did exactly this when forming up a year and a half ago.

Viscere
09-24-2020, 01:44 PM
#winning #freedomfries

Psyborg
09-24-2020, 02:45 PM
This news letter tho...it's about salting wounds, flaring people up, and if the recruitment stuff isn't a total troll, then about tearing down what other people have built.

Again, this was exactly the same thing that happened with Riot was formed. Sure there was a critical mass that came from various places, but there was also dkp packages offered out all over the place to leave your guild and join Riot. Sorry the same is happening to them now, but them's the breaks as they say.

strongNpretty
09-24-2020, 02:49 PM
Which guilds have membership fee's again? I need to know, cause that shit's hilarious to me....

Molitoth
09-24-2020, 03:00 PM
Which guilds have membership fee's again? I need to know, cause that shit's hilarious to me....

I think there is a Platinum fee to be in Seal Team on the Green server, but I could be wrong.

I highly doubt there are any Blue guilds that require any type of "Fee" whether that be in game or out of game.

Psyborg
09-24-2020, 03:02 PM

Yeah I'm pretty sure that's a green thing.

Molitoth
09-24-2020, 03:03 PM
Again, this was exactly the same thing that happened with Riot was formed. Sure there was a critical mass that came from various places, but there was also dkp packages offered out all over the place to leave your guild and join Riot. Sorry the same is happening to them now, but them's the breaks as they say.

I know that there was the obvious DKP conversion ratio for Paradigm Shift and Core, but I'd be curious as to what other DKP packages were being offered to others.

I'm not saying it wasn't true, and I'm not saying it is a "wrong" thing to do, but I'd love to see some facts on this Riot accusation.

If Freedom wants to give 150 DKP for people who jump ship, more power to them as it is a nice gesture to do.

icedwards
09-24-2020, 03:07 PM
Riot has never offered a dkp package, just powerful projection coming from the same old smoothbrains

Stroboo
09-24-2020, 03:28 PM
i like this almost as much as i liked the grim reaper meme AM posted on their website prior to riot piledriving them into oblivion.

keep up the good work fellas' worked great last time!

Fammaden
09-24-2020, 03:29 PM
What is the conversion ratio on Riot DKP : Freedom DKP? Is it a better or worse exchange rate than for AG DKP? Do you also honor Lodi kill points for DB transfers?

Stroboo
09-24-2020, 03:42 PM

Simply not true - maybe you are confused because Riot recruits are allowed to spend DKP during their app period, and since the app period is rather lengthy significant DKP can be built up in that time?

Even at 100dkp a week, which would be like a 10% raider, it would be easy to gain 400dkp during your app period and 400dkp can get you "almost" any non-BiS item (minus some collector items)

Is that maybe what you were thinking?

Infact when a recruit unfortunately does not make full member most Riot peeps are happy to see them get something for their time, you know, because most riot members are normal humans...

greasemonk
09-24-2020, 03:44 PM
Murder hornets will always bee #1

Fuck you for what you have done.

Ripqozko
09-24-2020, 03:57 PM
Simply not true - maybe you are confused because Riot recruits are allowed to spend DKP during their app period, and since the app period is rather lengthy significant DKP can be built up in that time?

Even at 100dkp a week, which would be like a 10% raider, it would be easy to gain 400dkp during your app period and 400dkp can get you "almost" any non-BiS item (minus some collector items)

Is that maybe what you were thinking?

Infact when a recruit unfortunately does not make full member most Riot peeps are happy to see them get something for their time, you know, because most riot members are normal humans...

That koolaid, riot and freedom are the same. Hope that helps.

Googi
09-24-2020, 03:59 PM
wish newsletter wasnt blurry id read it

zodium
09-24-2020, 03:59 PM
where is my "FUCKING" :cool: aid & Freedom News Letter, F*cker

deezy
09-24-2020, 04:03 PM
if i knew a news letter bugged you guys so much i would have made one years ago for dial a deezy

Zekayy
09-24-2020, 04:28 PM
Riot has never offered a dkp package, just powerful projection coming from the same old smoothbrains

nah they dont need too cause the leader has 40k dkp from uncontested mobs makes it really hard to get things in that guild.

Capi
09-24-2020, 05:33 PM
Seemed pretty cool to me, if someone has the time why not? I always liked the Kittens updates with the zaney kill pictures and storyline alongside it.

Loke
09-24-2020, 05:46 PM

Pretty sure Riot offered DKP packages to snipe AG members like Furoar. How is that any different?

kaizersoze
09-24-2020, 05:50 PM
Seemed pretty cool to me, if someone has the time why not? I always liked the Kittens updates with the zaney kill pictures and storyline alongside it.

as long as they're not just forwarding it to everyone on the forum go for it.

xdrcfrx
09-24-2020, 05:51 PM
if i knew a news letter bugged you guys so much i would have made one years ago for dial a deezy

Can I sign up to receive the dial-a-deezy letter?

Hideousclaw
09-24-2020, 06:05 PM
I feel left out...where is my spam PM?

Can we get some F's in this chat for those who didnt get a spam PM?

F

matticas
09-24-2020, 06:10 PM
wat? how is this RnF worthy? server's gone to the dumps.

matticas
09-24-2020, 06:11 PM
nice, got Gatmanno commenting. so that's at least a win <3

/wave

Molitoth
09-24-2020, 08:09 PM
Pretty sure Riot offered DKP packages to snipe AG members like Furoar. How is that any different?

Pretty sure you are wrong...

But you can change my mind with proof.

Lammy
09-25-2020, 06:45 PM
I look forward to the next newsletter

Zugsmash
09-25-2020, 08:54 PM

Pretty sure this was a thing. Have to ask Franswa, but i believe initially there was some dkp transfer.

Charrossa<TSS>

icedwards
09-26-2020, 10:00 AM
Pretty sure this was a thing. Have to ask Franswa, but i believe initially there was some dkp transfer.

Charrossa<TSS>

There was a dkp parity system for Core and Paradigm Shift members because that's how mergers work.

douglas1999
09-26-2020, 12:06 PM
Hello girl from tindor, I would like to discuss dragon kill points

Twochain
09-26-2020, 12:55 PM

The story I heard, from a former AG officer, was that Riot wanted to merge with AG towards the beginning, and when those talks eventually broke off, Riot offered pixel packages to a few AG officers, who secretively talked a bunch of members (A significant amount) into coming along with them, also for pixel packages.

Pretzelle
09-26-2020, 01:53 PM
The only people that joined Riot with DKP were PS and Core members during the merger. Nobody from AG came in with DKP.

Naerron
09-26-2020, 01:53 PM

If this is EXACTLY THE SAME THING....can you please post a copy of the riot news letter?

icedwards
09-26-2020, 02:33 PM
The story I heard, from a former AG officer, was that Riot wanted to merge with AG towards the beginning, and when those talks eventually broke off, Riot offered pixel packages to a few AG officers, who secretively talked a bunch of members (A significant amount) into coming along with them, also for pixel packages.

Baylan295
09-26-2020, 08:17 PM

As one of the two people from Riot who was actually part of the conversation, not a single part of this is true. AM was offering a DKP package at the time (the same one Detoxx offered everyone). The AG group still joined Riot.

Dogma
09-26-2020, 10:31 PM
AM was offering a DKP package at the time (the same one Detoxx offered everyone).Wonder what Detoxx is offering Lennard. :rolleyes:

Daloon
09-26-2020, 10:34 PM
Do I still get my DKP if I join <Freedom>?? winter is coming

Ripqozko
09-26-2020, 11:10 PM
ill need a brand new dkp package

Nexii
09-27-2020, 01:34 AM
I never got offered DKP it's all fake news

Nirgon
09-27-2020, 01:50 PM
lol the beta is over, did no one tell ya

Twochain
09-27-2020, 01:55 PM
As one of the two people from Riot who was actually part of the conversation, not a single part of this is true. AM was offering a DKP package at the time (the same one Detoxx offered everyone). The AG group still joined Riot.

/shrug, it's what I was told. I have no proof I wasn't there =)

hobart
09-27-2020, 02:58 PM

Confirmed.

I was in that batch of applicants. Decided to quit raiding instead - early in the process. No pixel package was offered anyone nor did anyone receive one. We asked because AM offered one and it never hurts to ask.

Frankly, our decision was made up before hand. Happy to say I was a swaying voice in that conversation because I had first hand experience from the TMO days as to what a condescending piece of shit Detoxx is.

The thing is that most people that play this game are in their late 30s to 40s and are at least somewhat established in their careers and their lives. No one wants to be talked down to over a video game. And the people invested enough in this game to either act that way or accept that sort of treatment are probably the same people who disregard the sign and don't wash their hands before returning to work after using the restroom.

Dogma
09-27-2020, 03:25 PM
Sneak peek of the latest edition of newsletter!

How did Freedom (and AG) do this cycle??

https://i.imgur.com/net4b1H.png

Pretzelle
09-27-2020, 03:40 PM
Curious how AG/F will spin this cycle into 7 RNF threads and 2 petitions. Horrible losers, even worse winners.

Baylan295
09-27-2020, 03:50 PM
/shrug, it's what I was told. I have no proof I wasn't there =)

Maybe folks from Freedom should stop spreading unsubstantiated garbage as truth.

Akg49
09-27-2020, 03:53 PM
It was a fun cycle, devoid of shenanigans. I feel like thats the biggest overall takeaway. Grats to everyone involved.

Hideousclaw
09-28-2020, 03:10 AM
I had fun. Only mob we didnt win while I was there was Dagarn. 10/10, would raid again

Twochain
09-28-2020, 03:04 PM
Maybe folks from Freedom should stop spreading unsubstantiated garbage as truth.

The person who told me this, told me so over a year ago, and is currently not in either guild.

And it's not like I said this is how it happened. I said it's the story I heard.