I doubt Torpor is a list camp

Tunabros
09-23-2020, 12:14 PM
I doubt Torpor is a list camp

Baler
09-23-2020, 02:50 PM
Torpor can't be a list item because it drops off several things
CoS will be a list
Fungi Staff & Fungi Tunic will be the SAME LIST.. Meaning if you get a fungi you're booted off the list and have to start again for a chance at a staff. That will really make some nerds go insane.

Goblin Gazughi Ring will be a list item
Tranquil Staff will be a list item

Many other items will be list items after launch, due to adults not being able to act like adults.
(see what they did with summon corpse prior to PoS launch for proof)

Trexller
09-23-2020, 03:19 PM
Goblin Gazughi Ring will be a list item
Tranquil Staff will be a list item

How are they gonna make these camps /list?

Ring mob has multiple PH spawns at 30 second intervals

T-Staff mob has like 20 spawn points in KC

Also, everyone keeps forgetting this piece of pixel pleasure:

https://wiki.project1999.com/Ton_Po%27s_Bo_Stick_of_Understanding

Baler
09-23-2020, 03:34 PM
How are they gonna make these camps /list?

it was cover for that link you shouldn't link

Izmael
09-23-2020, 03:49 PM
Omg Trakanon being a /list camp *drool*

Castle2.0
09-23-2020, 04:23 PM
Fungi staff: minlvl 60 This. Lol, then the race to 60 is real!

azeth
09-23-2020, 04:42 PM
Min lvl 60 for fungi staff not a bad idea. It's best for a necro and a necro will undoubtedly hit 60 first in howling stones

Googi
09-23-2020, 05:16 PM
half of those things cant be list items if they have multiple spawn points / phs

fungi king yea

RFS Yea

nothing else on that list

M.J.
09-23-2020, 05:41 PM
I'm still crossing my fingers for a Kunark beta where all this speculation can get put to rest. I think the range on Fungi King should reach to at least the exit but p99 might be extra sadistic and say, "Camp the Fort Pussies."

turbosilk
09-23-2020, 06:20 PM
- CoS: minlvl 40, drops for 6 months
- Fungi staff: minlvl 60, drops for 1 month at a 0.000000001% drop rate
- Locket of Escape: minlvl 50, drops for 2 months
- Rod of Annihilation: minlvl 55, drops for 1 month
- Runed Fighters Staff: minlvl 55, drops for 2 months
- Torpor (hehe): minlvl 60, never stops dropping

Sorry but seeing this makes me think you don't understand camps and/or what's valuable.

-CoS - this isn't a static spawn nor even a single area. This is why there will be a bazillion of them just like on blue and they won't be worth anything just like it was on blue for about 9 years before the price started going up.
-Fungi staff - maybe this will be a list but more likely I see this is a normal group. You need a legit group to do this camp. So don't understand why it would be /list.
-Locket of Escape - agree
-Rod of Annihilation - not OP really just adds some flavor. Melee class dps is sick in Velious. No need for list.
-Runed Fighters Staff - monks are crazy OP in velious anyway what's it matter? Won't argue if the devs think it should be /list
-Torpor - what? This drops of off a lot of mobs and you need good groups for those mobs.

turbosilk
09-23-2020, 06:22 PM
I'm still crossing my fingers for a Kunark beta where all this speculation can get put to rest. I think the range on Fungi King should reach to at least the exit but p99 might be extra sadistic and say, "Camp the Fort Pussies."

Kunark beta? You mean blue?

PS On Tunare the camp was the fort.

Baler
09-23-2020, 06:35 PM
Nothing will be a list item because Rogean isn't currently in the building.
And until he posts I'll believe this. His last post 07-28-2020

BarnabusCollins
09-23-2020, 06:52 PM
Fungi Tunic is not a legacy item and will likely not be listed.

Castle2.0
09-23-2020, 07:11 PM
-Fungi staff - maybe this will be a list but more likely I see this is a normal group. You need a legit group to do this camp. So don't understand why it would be /list.

Your other points are legit, but I think you're missing the point of list. It's not whether it takes a group or not. It's whether any group of people (not an EQ 6-man group, but group as in any group of friends, a guild, etc.) can monopolize a /list item until it stops dropping. This is one of those items. List is mainly to lessen CSR burden and be an anti-monopoly mechanism that allows more people to have a shot at it.

Sweetbaby Jesus
09-24-2020, 11:59 AM
List is mainly to lessen CSR burden and be an anti-monopoly mechanism that allows more people to have a shot at it.

Only it did the opposite.

conoutoftrol
09-24-2020, 01:15 PM
The trains at fungi king are going to be glorious

Better level fd class if you want to poopsock that list

Castle2.0
09-24-2020, 03:21 PM
Only it did the opposite.

Fact Check: False

I was on /list for every item except mask - did a few items more than once. Rarely saw a GM around and it mostly them popping in to say a word or two and that's it. Saw very few arguments about /list either. Definitely some drama from people falling asleep and wanting to jump in line, but not too much.

Compare that to the drama of a NORMAL valuable item camp like FBSS, SMR, SSoY, GEBs, etc. AND amp that up 10x because it's a legacy item.... Yep.. /list so far has been super mild on the CSR side.

Before I joined the most elite troupe of epic raiders and became a member... I camped a manastone as an average Joe with no real connections, items, plat, etc. The /list gives someone the option to do it without being in "the right group."

The alternative is 1 group or 1 guild permalocking the camp with an ENDLESS "list" of their alt accounts, and nothing could be done about it.

There will ALWAYS be a list. It's just a question of what kind of list we want. The current version is the BEST version we've ever had.

CSR burden reduced, more people have a shot at the item.

charmcitysking
09-24-2020, 07:19 PM
How/when was it communicated that Green would have list camps for legacy items (I missed the initial launch of Green)? I imagine it was announced beforehand and that the items that will no longer drop/receive significant nerfs come Kunark will be dealt with in a similar fashion...

What do people will be the most sought after list item (I.e. the Manastone of Kunark)?

Castle2.0
09-24-2020, 08:31 PM
http://wiki.project1999.com/List

uygi
09-26-2020, 02:20 PM
I agree that it would be best to combine fungi staff and tunic, except it should be 2 separate lists like /list staff or /list tunic. Force people to pick one or the other... making them one list, where you just get the next staff or tunic... would be pretty funny, and would shuffle people through the list. Once staff is gone they can take tunic off /list. Or whatever.

I think CoS and Locket should both be /list as well. Even though CoS won’t be that rare (the cast time nerf came in Velious iirc), it would force people to pick one or the other.

People are totally unrealistic about fungi staff, just like they were on Blue. On Blue all the necros whined that NBG says they should get it and everybody thought they were going to go camp one, but very few people really had a shot. I don’t see a world where the staff isn’t /list because there’s so much fervor over it. If it could be /listed on day 1 (at lvl 50 or 51), I would expect that nobody will get one of they don’t join the /list on day 1. If people are willing to /list for a week or more for a dumb manastone... yeah. But it’s hard to say how long they’ll leave legacy items in.

Locket was on Live for around a month iirc, with TD binding in for 3 days. On Blue Locket was in for... I forget. And I think TD binding was around 2 weeks or so. My best guess is that locket stays on Green for a month and TD binding lasts from the Friday release to the following Friday.

Nobody mentions Rod of Mourning. I could see it being a /list as well, since it is a legacy item. They were a pretty hot commodity on Blue until epics, although I guess epics show up on Green in like... January or February? So maybe they won’t have so much staying power here.

And then there are the legacy items that just don’t really matter that much. RMoY is a good item but not earth-shattering and fairly common until removal. Polyphenomenal Axe is no big deal in my mind, but it’s still a “legacy” item.

Like T-Staff, RMoY has multiple PHs and spawns. But I see no reason why T-staff should be /list anyways, it never gets removed and its status never changes. But a RMoY /list could just be zonewide, it wouldn’t hurt anything.

dwikt96
09-26-2020, 03:10 PM
Honestly making the fungi staff level 60 required would remove a lot of the possible issues, especially early on. I want one and don't have a ton of time to level and still understand that making it level 60 required list is obviously the best course of action.

DMN
09-26-2020, 07:10 PM
Honestly making the fungi staff level 60 required would remove a lot of the possible issues, especially early on. I want one and don't have a ton of time to level and still understand that making it level 60 required list is obviously the best course of action.

Way too abusable for guilds to just power level a character on the backs of others, so they can get in first/early.

dwikt96
09-26-2020, 07:20 PM
Way too abusable for guilds to just power level a character on the backs of others, so they can get in first/early.

There's really no need for that, if a guild wants to dedicate the resources to powerlevel 1 char you can literally just camp the mob normally.

You don't have to be on the list to kill and loot the mob, it's just that if some one is on the list they get the loot when you kill it.

Even in your hypothetical what damage does 1 person getting a few before anyone else really do? You've stopped the endless trains and drama that were sure to ensue if you didn't.

And yes, I understand that you mean one level 60 could block a 'regular' group from camping the item by being the only person on list, but if some one wants to camp a 60 at fungi for a few days until other people catch up just to try and snake an item it's still way less drama than the alternative.

Castle2.0
09-27-2020, 10:24 AM
Way too abusable for guilds to just power level a character on the backs of others, so they can get in first/early. Much more likely a group of 6 tries to power to 60.

We all start at "Kunark Level 1" on when it launches - aka level 51. A few 51s wont be incredibly efficient powerleveling a 55-59 toon. It also means sacrificing 2-5 level 51s from getting any real exp until the single toon hits 60.

Then you must consider the camp is pretty much a group camp. A single 60 won't be super useful.

Has anyone considered it ends up like the Manastone situation? A huge force (way more than necessary) that downs the named mob very quickly.

If it's a list camp and you got 10-20 people there to blast away, it's gonna move a bit more quickly than a single group. Biggest wait is spawn time, but less wipes, less CC, less kill time.

This is my prediction.

DMN
09-27-2020, 10:58 AM
There's really no need for that, if a guild wants to dedicate the resources to powerlevel 1 char you can literally just camp the mob normally.

You don't have to be on the list to kill and loot the mob, it's just that if some one is on the list they get the loot when you kill it.

Yes. That's whole point.You could have a group of people monopolizing the camp (just like they wanted to avoid in the first place) UNTIL someone has the ability to /list for it. And if that list requirement is 60 that gives them a long ass time to monopolize it and then when 60s do start showing up they could have powerleveled a bunch of 60s themselves to continue to monopolize the camp. It's a comprehensively stupid idea.

Castle2.0
09-27-2020, 11:42 AM
If it's /list level 50, it's a rush to get a key then make it to camp and you're going to have a list of 20-30+ with a massive cluster of people on king camp. Haha, could be fun, but I foresee more drama getting key than anything.

If it's /list level 55 or 60, you're gonna have people rushing to level then trying to make it to camp.

1 group of 51s aint gonna do super well against level 56 mobs. The resists will be crazy and melees (without Kunark gear) won't fair too well either.

Maybe a guild puts 2 groups on the camp. If 12 people want to commit their time to camping 1 mob hoping for a super rare drop... I say, go for it. Might have some people hit 55 or 60 before one even drops, then they join list and the staff is their's, ha :D

Castle2.0
09-27-2020, 11:45 AM
And if that list requirement is 60 that gives them a long ass time to monopolize it You underestimate how long it'll take people to hit 60. There will be a 60 within 1 week or less.

And everyone has the same fair shot to hit 60 and join the list. Just like everyone has a fair shot to join the list and camp the legacy item.

Castle2.0
09-27-2020, 11:55 AM
My suspicion for the king/list camp is that anyone can camp fungus and when fungus drop it'll go to whoever did 51% of damage -- that is, the group with the camp. If the staff drops the corpse is locked to the player #1 the /list.

My understanding is you won't get a fungus and a staff on the same kill.

DMN
09-27-2020, 12:17 PM
You underestimate how long it'll take people to hit 60. There will be a 60 within 1 week or less.

And everyone has the same fair shot to hit 60 and join the list. Just like everyone has a fair shot to join the list and camp the legacy item.

And monopolizing a camp for a week is no big deal? it' s only going to drop for 8. And we don't all have the same fair shot at 60 because we don't all have a dedicated group to do things such as power leveling and guild shared pocket clerics for rezs.

Castle2.0
09-27-2020, 12:42 PM
And monopolizing a camp for a week is no big deal? it' s only going to drop for 8. And we don't all have the same fair shot at 60 because we don't all have a dedicated group to do things such as power leveling and guild shared pocket clerics for rezs.

Every time new content drops it gets monopolized for a short period of time. Every. Time.

We all have a fair shot to create a dedicated group. We all have a fair shot to go get keys. To rush to the spawn. To level to 55 or 60.

We all have a fair shot to do anything.

EQ has always been this simple equation: time in = levels + loots. The more time you spend, the more progress you make. At the end of the day, we don't all have the same amount of disposable time.

We all have an equal starting line. We are not guaranteed an equal outcome.

P.S. You don't need a cleric for rez, just do 1-60 without dying, c'mon man