PDA

View Full Version : Guard hunting in Kunark

OuterChimp
09-21-2020, 09:23 AM
As i've won Everquest I'm now max KOS to the FP, Qenos, and HighKeep guards....I was wondering how guard hunting is in Kunark.

I played live around the time Kunark came out and didn't max out till PoP so I never really hunted guards.

Now that I main a necro on P99 and enjoy being max ally to the FP clerics and pallys, I was wondering what your thoughts are on which guards to hunt in Kunark when it drops?

M.J.
09-21-2020, 03:02 PM
Neriak, Grobb, and Felwithe guards are the most popular to hunt imo, just from experience on blue. Kaladim guards has fans as well. They're also some of the best sources of level 40 npcs to take you to level 55.

Neriak cleric guild (with pulling inner faction guards from the area around the library and rogue guilds) will take you to level 55 quickly in a Mage/Cleric duo, and I'd presume its just as quick with necro/dps.

But realistically average players won't get to ride on spots like that as they'll be locked down by guilds who won't share, as such spots are a safer bet than FFA bard power leveling in BW / DL. However people that have done the Live classic progression seem to have plenty of experience with this Kunark rush already so maybe there are some spots in kunark that blow guards out of the water. I'm sure some masochist will chime in with Kedge purely for its zem, but if I were you I'd aim for level 51 and a OT gate hammer + CoS then try for guard leveling (if you're hellbent on it) after the rush or at odd hours.

Good luck!

Solusekro
09-21-2020, 07:20 PM
Neriak, Grobb, and Felwithe guards are the most popular to hunt imo, just from experience on blue. Kaladim guards has fans as well. They're also some of the best sources of level 40 npcs to take you to level 55.

Neriak cleric guild (with pulling inner faction guards from the area around the library and rogue guilds) will take you to level 55 quickly in a Mage/Cleric duo, and I'd presume its just as quick with necro/dps.

But realistically average players won't get to ride on spots like that as they'll be locked down by guilds who won't share, as such spots are a safer bet than FFA bard power leveling in BW / DL. However people that have done the Live classic progression seem to have plenty of experience with this Kunark rush already so maybe there are some spots in kunark that blow guards out of the water. I'm sure some masochist will chime in with Kedge purely for its zem, but if I were you I'd aim for level 51 and a OT gate hammer + CoS then try for guard leveling (if you're hellbent on it) after the rush or at odd hours.

Good luck!

What spots do you think are blow guards out of the water for leveling?

Baler
09-22-2020, 12:34 AM
Careful around those iksar guards, They put in a bunch of high level guards real sparingly.

Swamp of No Hope has some mid level guards. Up by 2, just con everything. some high levels mixed in if I recall correctly.

OuterChimp
09-22-2020, 10:52 AM

Good luck!

Indeed. Looks like the OT hammer is easy as all you need to do is undead charm the turn in guy and you have one.

CoS is the next. I hope it's not some super crazy po0p-sockable needed farm, but rather go there....wait a bit for your turn then kill the mob and loot the CoS.

therealmd
09-22-2020, 11:21 AM
CoS is almost a guaranteed list item. So you’ll get it as long as you’re willing to put in the time.

Zipity
09-22-2020, 12:34 PM
Bear pits, Neriak Arena, Kedge Seahorses, the HolE(When it comes out), Bard swarming, HS are all faster than guards. But soloing guards steadily is a really good source of xp

Googi
09-22-2020, 08:44 PM
I wonder if they will have those 100p staffs in cabilis on green that were abused 24/7 by players like heartbrand?

dwikt96
09-23-2020, 04:32 AM
Most of the guards don't even have the classic respawn (6:00 or 6:40 I forget) they were a much more popular camp because entire groups could sustain themselves on the quick repops, but i've noticed most of the city guards here are much longer respawns than actual classic or there would be many more spots to exp on guards for groups etc.