PDA

View Full Version : Thex Dagger in Range Slot: Pressed Range Attack By Mistake

Arakash
09-21-2020, 12:21 AM
Not really but almost.

Has anyone lost an irreplaceable or valuable item in a similar or such a way?
Is there any way to get such an item back?

Dolalin
09-21-2020, 02:43 AM
If there's no range stat (like an arrow has for ex.) on the item it won't be thrown. You can press Range Attack with a Thex dagger all day and nothing will happen.

BlackBellamy
09-21-2020, 07:46 AM
You can just pick it up off the ground if you do that. If you're worried about losing it I suggest storing it on a vendor.

DisbeAsos
09-21-2020, 12:52 PM
Im not sure if some daggers use to have a range or not but at some point early in EQ you could throw a Dragoon Dirk. Maybe it had a range and they removed it but i dont think thats the case...

Anyone remember this or have i smoked too much weed and made up a memory in my mind?!?

Keebz
09-21-2020, 01:03 PM
I have definitely thrown my share of Runed Bone Forks. Honestly, the fork model looks really sweet flying through the air, so it was kind of worth it ;p

Arakash
09-21-2020, 01:49 PM
If there's no range stat (like an arrow has for ex.) on the item it won't be thrown. You can press Range Attack with a Thex dagger all day and nothing will happen.

Good to know! Thanks for that. I didn't have the nerve to test that out.

Googi
09-22-2020, 08:46 PM
You threw the runed bone fork because it has range on it, god knows how many i threw on rallos as well, but i always cleared gaz on my way down in guk so getting another wasnt bad

up until i think TSS you could equip something in range and another item in ammo and you would throw the ammo as long as you had one

great for those sick overpowered potions

Sibbolet
09-23-2020, 09:31 AM
I've tried to throw a rbf on p99 and it wouldn't let me. I did this due to similar discussions within guild, so I tried it for science. I've never tried with a Thex Dagger but I imagine you'd have the same experience.

Googi
09-23-2020, 05:17 PM
p99 isnt a real server so stuff is different

Baler
09-23-2020, 05:21 PM
p99 isnt a real server so stuff is different

Please don't shitpost in Green and Teal Discussion. Just because you're on your 4th+ forum account doesn't mean it's okay to flame outside RnF.

Tunabros
09-23-2020, 08:39 PM
destroy the range attack hot key
problem solved

Ahris
10-22-2020, 08:37 AM
It's a classic 'feature' and no you can't get it back. Some daggers and spears etc. can be put in the range slot because they are throwing weapons and will act as such if you use the ranged attack. :)
So if you use a ranged item for anything other than weapon better make sure you never risk clicking the ranged attack button.

ZingZang
10-22-2020, 11:46 AM
I have definitely thrown my share of Runed Bone Forks. Honestly, the fork model looks really sweet flying through the air, so it was kind of worth it ;p

:D:D:D:D

galach
10-22-2020, 11:51 AM
https://wiki.project1999.com/Iron_Scroll_of_War

Seen many people not realize that the item is destroyed when the charges are used.

aspomwell
10-22-2020, 02:29 PM
https://wiki.project1999.com/Iron_Scroll_of_War

Seen many people not realize that the item is destroyed when the charges are used.

omg that would suck. I assume you guys don't restore those?