PDA

View Full Version : Great value items vs Overvalued items

Seducio
09-19-2020, 01:25 PM
Most that play have certain items they get great value out of. When I talk to new players in EC I sometimes get asked what to purchase.

Which items do you find that are great values to purchase in EC? Which items are overvalued?

Here's what I typically recommend to new players on green so they use their hard earned plat wisely.

great value:

10 does sow pots (100p is a steal for these)
55HP rings (200-250p is super low for so many hitpoints
Hooded Black Cloak (1400-1700p for great back item for any class)

overvalued:

Golden Efreeti Boots (5-6k for 9int/wis -seems quite overvalued)

What are some more examples of items that have great value vs cost to new players? How about more overvalued items they should avoid?

Jimjam
09-19-2020, 01:39 PM
Not exactly EC items but bandages, cloudy potions, muffins, milk!

Peridots are great to carry, especially mid 40s on.

douglas1999
09-19-2020, 01:53 PM
Speaking of potions Kilva's Skin of Flame (DS) pots are unfortunately not nearly as good of a value as sow pots. The ds is minimal and lasts for a very short time at lower levels when having a DS would be good for powerleveling yourself. Once it starts doing a respectable amount of damage, mobs are hitting much harder. They are very expensive for shamans to make thus they have to sell them for like 500p to turn any kind of profit, the combines frequently fail even at max alchemy.

Jibartik
09-19-2020, 02:20 PM
1 sow is not worth 10p! :o

20-30 skill range, cheep mats, there's as many shamans as there are enchanters, at 100p, if that is the going rate, a shaman can make a killing!

I wouldn't pay that much for them though, I feel like sow pots should be 20p for 10 doses.

greenspectre
09-19-2020, 02:25 PM
Few things are ever worth more value per platinum piece than that first full set of banded armor and decent weapon. Most melees can get something around 6/22 for 100pp or less.

Nirgon
09-19-2020, 02:31 PM
Sounds like you should go camp some geboots and rip off all those suckers out there

cornisthebest
09-19-2020, 02:34 PM
expensive items are expensive because they are usually relatively hard to obtain and are the best of their kind

Seducio
09-19-2020, 02:43 PM
Sounds like you should go camp some geboots and rip off all those suckers out there

this is how i afforded torpor on blue.

Nirgon, any suggestions for great value items?

Seducio
09-19-2020, 02:50 PM
expensive items are expensive because they are usually relatively hard to obtain and are the best of their kind

of course, that said which items woud you suggest that are more expensive than their value?

Those would be overvalued items for a new green player to avoid at first.

That's what the thread is asking.

DMN
09-19-2020, 02:50 PM
Platinum tiara.

Jibartik
09-19-2020, 02:57 PM
Platinum tiara.

I used to farm and sell these all the time for 5k and whenever I sold one I was like

https://i.imgur.com/IpQyF3V.gif

DMN
09-19-2020, 03:17 PM
They are a steal at 2k for this time period and will hold value for the entire servers existence.

sajbert
09-19-2020, 03:23 PM
GEBS might be 5k for 9 int. It's certainly not your first to get item but it remains BIS or near-BIS for a long time and at the same time there isn't a lot of caster boots (for now anyway).

For non-lowbies most items aren't really noticable in themselves, together they can make a difference however.

Seducio
09-19-2020, 03:39 PM
for sure, is that 5k for gebs well spent early on is the point of the thread

5k spent on the other great value items mentioned so far would help a newb much more than gebs.

that's the idea of the thread.

how can someone new stretch their plat for most effectiveness early on

Tunabros
09-19-2020, 03:44 PM
overvalued:

Gonna buy these when kunark drops and it goes down to 1k

M.J.
09-19-2020, 04:52 PM
Gonna buy these when kunark drops and it goes down to 1k

Why would the price go down when people are spending less time farming them and it will be months before small groups of more powerful higher level players can take on the content?

I can't really think of an EC equivalent other than the Velious boots so if anything I'd expect the price to rise on GEBs and even wolf fur slippers and other iksar wearable necro twink gear.

Seducio
09-19-2020, 05:01 PM
Agreed gebs will retain their platinum value well into kunark - a great item to sell - and only begin to decline in plat value in velious.

The point of this particular thread though is that for a new player something like Kobold Hide Boots are a far superior value for like merely 50p as opposed to 5k purchase.

10hp > 9 int until level 20s or 30s maybe

So a baller will indeed twink a level 1 ikk necro with gebs. But most won't because that 5k is better spent elsewhere.

cornisthebest
09-19-2020, 05:08 PM
black chitin leggings, brown chitin protector, robe of the ishva, granite bracer, sharkskin drum. there is a lot

DMN
09-19-2020, 05:16 PM
black chitin leggings, brown chitin protector, robe of the ishva, granite bracer, sharkskin drum. there is a lot

Not sure about sharkskin but the rest overpriced frankly and not worth much long term.

dwikt96
09-19-2020, 05:26 PM
diamondine earrings, hooded black cloak, 50+ gems like black sapphire/jacinth etc, 44 and level 49 mage/necro words for spells, there are several mobs that a ton of classes can solo that regularly drop the 44/49 words and some of them are priced at 3-4k like words of incarceration

my current farm is jacinth/diamond/blue diamond/black sapphire mob that my mage can solo, made about 16k after 10 hours and have 3 bags worth of 300pp+ per words to sell still

dwikt96
09-19-2020, 05:33 PM
Agreed gebs will retain their platinum value well into kunark - a great item to sell - and only begin to decline in plat value in velious.

The point of this particular thread though is that for a new player something like Kobold Hide Boots are a far superior value for like merely 50p as opposed to 5k purchase.

10hp > 9 int until level 20s or 30s maybe

So a baller will indeed twink a level 1 ikk necro with gebs. But most won't because that 5k is better spent elsewhere.

gebs camp is soloable by a FEW classes right now, but duoable by a ton, and trioable by almost anyone - but come 60 its a solo camp for damn near anyone but a tank/melee, i was amazed they still sell for 1k on blue

Seducio
09-19-2020, 05:52 PM
I'm with you. Have done exactly what you're saying.

The reason gebs retain value for so long is the influx of new players that come with Kunark and then again with Velious who will want gebs. It's basic supply and demand stuff.

Camp itself is relatively trivial.

Mario 7
09-19-2020, 06:11 PM
having more int or wis does very little for a caster, unless your building a max mana build to quad it does absolutely nothing, especially when you cant even find 4 monsters to quad on green lol

Jibartik
09-19-2020, 06:18 PM
Gatorscale sleeves are like rawhide sleeves on this server, great value for what they provide! Cant say the same for pants idk, but people just throwing sleeves at me.

Keebz
09-19-2020, 07:02 PM
Djarn's Ring is also extremely over priced here. On live I remember it being _maybe_ a little more than Velium Fire Wedding Rings

dwikt96
09-19-2020, 07:37 PM
Djarn's Ring is also extremely over priced here. On live I remember it being _maybe_ a little more than Velium Fire Wedding Rings

djarn ring is like 10-15% drop on an already rare spawn, average like 40-50 hours the few times ive farmed it, so i understand the price and its a min/max ring

Zipity
09-19-2020, 07:55 PM
Pretty much every weapon over 1k is going to be overvalued once Kunark drops.

cornisthebest
09-19-2020, 09:25 PM
hero bracers are so great and so cheap, same with runed bone fork. amazing items

Nuggie
09-20-2020, 01:37 AM

I sold them for 3-5K through PoP on live. Only way I could make money worthwhile as a paladin(or so I thought).

Keebz
09-20-2020, 06:28 PM
I sold them for 3-5K through PoP on live. Only way I could make money worthwhile as a paladin(or so I thought).

I only played through Luclin, but on CT I remember them being < 1k by Luclin. Maybe they went up again with inflation /shrug. In those days I was an EC fat cat, so I'm pretty good with the prices of the era.

Ivory
09-20-2020, 06:42 PM
https://wiki.project1999.com/Axe_of_the_Slayers

This is an AMAZING warrior weapon. Starting to proc at level 30... which procs an 80-90 damage absorb??

That can really improve the ability for a warrior to tank and help reduce the healing they need.

And it's just a couple hundred plats, so affordable to anyone.

Jibartik
09-20-2020, 06:43 PM
And its gold!

cd288
09-20-2020, 07:10 PM
Wolf fur slippers overvalued

Tunabros
09-20-2020, 07:35 PM
Why would the price go down when people are spending less time farming them and it will be months before small groups of more powerful higher level players can take on the content?

I can't really think of an EC equivalent other than the Velious boots so if anything I'd expect the price to rise on GEBs and even wolf fur slippers and other iksar wearable necro twink gear.

+10 levels all the good gear makes efreeti walk in a park??

douglas1999
09-20-2020, 11:02 PM
1 sow is not worth 10p! :o

20-30 skill range, cheep mats, there's as many shamans as there are enchanters, at 100p, if that is the going rate, a shaman can make a killing!

I wouldn't pay that much for them though, I feel like sow pots should be 20p for 10 doses.

The value of a sow pot though is that it allows you the convenience of sowing yourself when\if needed as a class that can't normally cast sow. When you're just tipping somebody for a sow, then sure it's not worth 10p because you have to go through the hassle of finding somebody who can and is willing to cast it on you.

douglas1999
09-21-2020, 12:24 AM
I will say though, that sow pots like most other pots are not worth their price at low levels. As anyone who has tossed some sow pots on a lvl 1 twink has found out, at level 1 it lasts about... 60 seconds? Maybe 90?

cd288
09-21-2020, 12:50 PM
I will say though, that sow pots like most other pots are not worth their price at low levels. As anyone who has tossed some sow pots on a lvl 1 twink has found out, at level 1 it lasts about... 60 seconds? Maybe 90?

Huh? It does? SoW lasts 20+ minutes on a low level char I believe. Is the SoW from a SoW pot some other type of SoW (i.e. similar to how JBoots speed is different from SoW)?

Sabin76
09-21-2020, 12:54 PM
Huh? It does? SoW lasts 20+ minutes on a low level char I believe. Is the SoW from a SoW pot some other type of SoW (i.e. similar to how JBoots speed is different from SoW)?

I was under the impression that effect from potions were "cast" as if the potion maker did it (i.e. their level). So, if you buy a SoW pot from a level 50 Shaman, then it would be like a level 50 Shaman cast SoW on you when you used it, regardless of your own level. Is that not correct?

strongNpretty
09-21-2020, 01:01 PM
This has always been a confusing situation for me-
https://wiki.project1999.com/Zealot%27s_Incarnadine_Sword
https://wiki.project1999.com/Soul_Binder

Similar stats.. 250 plat difference. (Cheap difference)

Soul Binder procs 4 levels earlier, and is a 1 of a kind look. Ridiculously rare to see, or find, so why is it just a few plats more? Shouldn't supply and demand have this thing at like 2k or somethin? At least for FQ and rareness alone?

This is less of a buy this instead of that post, but more of a "Why is this highly sought after item that is so rare, but so cheap? Also, somebody sell me a soul binder!!!!!!

port9001
09-21-2020, 01:25 PM
I was under the impression that effect from potions were "cast" as if the potion maker did it (i.e. their level). So, if you buy a SoW pot from a level 50 Shaman, then it would be like a level 50 Shaman cast SoW on you when you used it, regardless of your own level. Is that not correct?

Pretty sure potions use the user's level, not the maker's.

Castle2.0
09-21-2020, 02:13 PM
Pretty sure potions use the user's level, not the maker's. Correct.

cd288
09-21-2020, 02:44 PM
Pretty sure potions use the user's level, not the maker's.

Right, but my point is that if you're a lowbie SoW still lasts like 20+ minutes doesn't it? Isn't it like level 29 or 30 where it becomes 36 minutes from there? So if you're a lowbie SoW isn't lasting 1 minute.

Vivitron
09-21-2020, 03:55 PM
I think Spyglass (or maybe Star Of Eyes, never had one) deserves a mention as a great value item.

Right, but my point is that if you're a lowbie SoW still lasts like 20+ minutes doesn't it? Isn't it like level 29 or 30 where it becomes 36 minutes from there? So if you're a lowbie SoW isn't lasting 1 minute.
If someone cast the buff on you the effect is determined by their level not yours.

I did not know SoW's duration scaled by level, but according to the wiki it goes from 27 min at 9 to 36 min at 12. If that keeps scaling down below level 9 it would match with a 1 minute duration at level 1, with 3 more minutes per level up to 12.

I wonder if there are any potions or procs that would scale to a negative duration at a low enough level, and how the server would handle that.

port9001
09-21-2020, 03:59 PM
The wiki doesn't address this because normally the first level for SoW is level 9. Technically, via the potion, that's not true.

So should it say 1 min @L1 to 36 minutes at L12? Does it get any longer or is 12 the cap on duration? The speed is also level based - does that also scale down?

DMN
09-21-2020, 04:34 PM
I could have sworn that in classic the SoW potion duration ad speed was based on the shaman's level who made.

M.J.
09-21-2020, 05:56 PM
I could have sworn that in classic the SoW potion duration ad speed was based on the shaman's level who made.

It doesn't seem like an intuitive thing for them to keep a database on, but as far as custom content goes it would be fun if that were the case.

Default to level 50 shaman duration / quality when leveling shamans are within X points of their cap and therefore leveling as they go rather than power leveling the skill up at later levels. Would give preference to leveling shamans SoW Pots and incentivize plat spending on potions to earn more plat as you level rather than just saving for torpor.

douglas1999
09-21-2020, 06:19 PM
I have a 50 shaman on green with max alchemy and as of right now because I just tested it, a level 1 alt using that potion lasted maybe 2 or 3 minutes. I didn't time it exactly but it's clearly truncated. It also felt significantly slow compared to a sow cast by another lvl 50 player. It definitely scales with the level of the potion clicker, but which levels I'm not sure. I have a 24 shadowknight and the same sow pots seem to last the normal amount of time and move as fast as you'd expect.

Edit: It is 1 minute.

Googi
09-21-2020, 06:33 PM

caster bro higher levels using sow pots worked better too

Solusekro
09-21-2020, 06:59 PM
diamondine earrings, hooded black cloak, 50+ gems like black sapphire/jacinth etc, 44 and level 49 mage/necro words for spells, there are several mobs that a ton of classes can solo that regularly drop the 44/49 words and some of them are priced at 3-4k like words of incarceration

my current farm is jacinth/diamond/blue diamond/black sapphire mob that my mage can solo, made about 16k after 10 hours and have 3 bags worth of 300pp+ per words to sell still

Can I ask where this might be?

DMN
09-21-2020, 08:24 PM
Ithink he'stalking about the OoT lizard. But I doubt the numbers/tiimes he is given frankly. As far as research stuff. ya good luck selling it ive had a words of incar on my ec mule for close to month and no one buying it. People don't tend to fator n the black hole of the EC time sink for gauging their farming potential or their loot acquisitions.

GinnasP99
09-21-2020, 10:07 PM
shoutout stalking probes

Sabin76
09-22-2020, 12:16 AM
I have a 50 shaman on green with max alchemy and as of right now because I just tested it, a level 1 alt using that potion lasted maybe 2 or 3 minutes. I didn't time it exactly but it's clearly truncated. It also felt significantly slow compared to a sow cast by another lvl 50 player. It definitely scales with the level of the potion clicker, but which levels I'm not sure. I have a 24 shadowknight and the same sow pots seem to last the normal amount of time and move as fast as you'd expect.

Edit: It is 1 minute.

Well, that settles that, then.

Bardp1999
09-22-2020, 03:09 AM
CoM weapons are a great value when Kunark comes

charmcitysking
09-22-2020, 05:34 AM
People don't tend to fator n the black hole of the EC time sink for gauging their farming potential or their loot acquisitions.

I tend to shy away from item farming (fbss, gebs, etc.) for this reason. I just don't have the patience to sit in EC tunnel all morning trying to scam people out of their elf-401(k)'s like Babittle does.

However, an easier way around this is to use the dedicated EC tunnel channel on Discord. It has a handy search option, so if you're looking to hock your item quickly you can type 'wtb fbss' and send a tell to the most recent person auc'ing that phrase to see if they want your item.

gnomishfirework
09-22-2020, 09:20 AM
This thread is just trying to trigger me.

Soothsayer
09-22-2020, 09:42 AM
I feel like SSoY is a bit overvalued right now. It's on the verge of being obsolete with Kunark just weeks away, but some folks are still trying to get upwards of 5k for it (though you can find them for ~3500 without too much effort). I suspect they'll be worth less than 1k once Kunark weapons start to become widely available in the weeks following the expansion's launch.

It's a great aggro tool in classic, but its proc doesn't save it from being trash tier once Kunark hits. If a new tank throws ~5k at someone for SSoY, they're essentially just throwing most of that plat down a well since the item will plummet in value the moment Kunark drops. Avoid and save your pennies for the (much) better Kunark goodies.

Zipity
09-22-2020, 10:13 AM
http://wiki.project1999.com/Kunzar_Ku%27juch

Is on par with SSOY and drops like hotcakes in CoM so I fully agree with above poster.

Invalid_Bard
09-22-2020, 10:23 AM
http://wiki.project1999.com/Kunzar_Ku%27juch

Is on par with SSOY and drops like hotcakes in CoM so I fully agree with above poster.
No way, the threat from SSOY is too good. Even when kunark drops this will be awesome for Warriors.

Vaxx
09-22-2020, 12:20 PM
Great topic!

As a 50 necro in vanilla EQ-

Great Value:
Jboots, jboots, jboots JBOOTS! - At almost any price, but definitely at 5k-6k, I am convinced this is the single greatest improvement to quality of life when playing EQ for classes that do not have move speed enhancements. Coupled with instant global cooldown reset (in outdoor zones) and the fact that it is never made obsolete with upgrades, it just might take the cake as the best value in vanilla.

Spyglass - Resetting cooldown is one of the greatest, easiest things a lot of people never do- for certain classes the difference is unbelievable. For most casters this is the best 50pp you will ever spend.

Platinum Fire Wedding Ring - At 250pp, this is one of the most "undervalued" items in the game. 55hp and 5ac for 250pp in vanilla is unparalleled. Just compare it to other HP items and you will quickly learn its value.

Gatorscale Sleeves - At 150pp for 6AC, +4 INT, +15 HP, I am frankly shocked they are so cheap considering the leggings have basically identical stats (7ac, +4wis, +15hp) cost ten times as much. Yes, I know there are not (m)any wisdom legs in vanilla, but this is a post about value.

Robe of the Oracle/Green Silken Drape - Robe of the Oracle runs 600pp-500p and gives +5 INT and +25 Mana, making it even better than the SMR (ignoring resists) if over the soft cap at a tenth the cost. Excellent value. Green Silken Drape provides +3 INT and +9 stamina (and +9 dex for you "bone knights") for 150pp or less.

Golden Jaded Bracelet - +15 HP and +15 Mana for 25pp? Yes please. Consider Embroidered Black Cape is +15 HP and +20 Mana and costs 20 times as much (yeah, yeah I know its a different slot).

Sacrificial Dagger - 5/21 dagger with +5 INT for about 75pp. An incredible value for newbies without much money.

Stein of Moggok - +10 INT , +10 HP, AND +25 Disease Resist for 200pp!??!? Mind boggling value. For reference, Glowing Black Stone is +9 INT and +10 Magic Resist and sells for 14k.

Dagger of Marnek - +3 INT and +15 Mana in a range slot for 50pp. Excellent value!

Overvalued:

***Seems to me many of the overvalued items are only expensive because of their rarity, there is a lack of good items in a particular slot, or they provide a marginal upgrade over a much cheaper item. For those reasons, they are not necessarily overvalued, they just provide dubious bang for your buck. Max level EQ in many ways is investing an extreme amount of time to upgrade items by 15%-25%.***

Golden Efreeti Boots - For about 6k these boots will provide +9 WIS and +9 INT. I suppose as a wisdom caster, intelligence provides nominal returns since it gives skill ups faster, however as an intelligence caster you are essentially paying 6k for +9 INT. Most other items provide a much better Return on Investment. Runed Cowl (different slot) for reference provides +5 WIS and +9 INT for less than 1k. However, GEBS stay good for a long time and there are very few items in the feet slot that give comparable stats.

Shining Metallic Robes - Same as above, SMRs are expensive for the stats they provide. For 4k, +9 INT is a steep return on investment, particularly with Robe of the Oracle providing almost the same stats (without contributing to the cap) for nearly a tenth of the cost. That being said, I wear both SMR and GEBS, because they look dope and seriously, what's the point of anything?

Embroidered Black Cape - 500pp or more for +15 HP and +20 Mana is on the steep side. I wear this, since there are very few good caster shoulder items, but if you're trying to save money hold off on this.

Molten Cloak - 1k for +4 INT and +4 WIS is pretty expensive. I personally wear Hooded Black Cloak that is 10AC, +5 STR and +45 HP for 1.5k. Hooded Black Cloak is a very solid item that can be worn by all classes and races.

Golden Black Sapphire Earring / Black Sapphire Electrum Earring - For 4k these provide either +25 HP and +35 MANA or +35 HP and +25 MANA. People looking to buy these are likely in BiS pre planar and upgrading what they can, so I wouldn't call these overvalued per se, just expensive.

Glowing Black Stone - +9INT and +10 Magic Resist for 15k? Certainly nice for vanilla raiders, but it's really expensive.

pivo
09-22-2020, 01:25 PM
Thank you very much. Your post is very very valuable and appreciated for new players! Can't thank you enough!

Great Value:
Jboots, jboots, jboots JBOOTS! - At almost any price, but definitely at 5k-6k, I

Spyglass - Resetting cooldown is one of the greatest, easiest things a lot of people

Platinum Fire Wedding Ring - At 250pp, this is one of the most "undervalued" items in

Gatorscale Sleeves - At 150pp for 6AC, +4 INT, +15 HP, I am frankly shocked they are...

Soothsayer
09-22-2020, 01:43 PM
No way, the threat from SSOY is too good. Even when kunark drops this will be awesome for Warriors.

This is not correct. Ykesha proc itself is good, but you get the same effect from RMoY and yak club, both of which sport better ratios and start proccing around the same level range. Sarnak warhammer produces slightly less hate due to lack of DD in addition to its stun effect, but its substantially better ratio makes it dramatically superior to SSoY. Even non-proc weapons like Wurmslayer will outperform SSoY throughout most fights on average, barring the occasional lucky encounter where Ykesha procs at the beginning of a fight and then procs again toward the middle of the fight. This doesn't happen nearly often enough to rely upon, even with high dexterity. Believe me.

Weapon procs aside, a warrior is going to do a shitty job with SSoY when melee in the group is using shit like SoB, Wu's quivering staff, serpent tooth, blood point, trak tooth, etc etc etc. I have many, many hours of experience with proc and non-proc weapons, and I can say with absolute certainty that a significantly higher ratio weapon is always going to be better for aggro, even when the higher ratio option lacks a proc effect. Procs are simply too inconsistent and infrequent to rely upon exclusively. Ideally, you want to strive for both ratio and proc, and SSoY ratio is literally trash, making the weapon itself trash.

Avoid SSoY for now unless you don't mind losing thousands of plat. Better options are just around the corner and comparable options like Kunzar Ku'juch will drop like candy in CoM and will be available for cheap. Market pressure will drive SSoY prices to well below 1k not long after Kunark launch.

DMN
09-22-2020, 02:23 PM
Yak will still be a good offhand for tanking/aggro. Doesn'tmatter if there are better tings. Who knows how much those better things are gonna cost.

JDAm0nk
09-22-2020, 02:49 PM
Great topic!

As a 50 necro in vanilla EQ-

Great Value:

Overvalued:

As a (returning) new player, this way very helpful. Thank you!

Already starting to pinch my pennies for Jboots :D

Fammaden
09-22-2020, 04:21 PM
If you already have one yeah, it might be useful for a while in Kunark I can see holding on to it for now and eating the depreciation later. But at the prices people still want no one should be buying a SSoY at this point.

Castle2.0
09-22-2020, 04:47 PM
Never camped an FBSS or SSoY on Green, and it looks like I never will. I just camped the only item in LGuk that appreciates in value over time :D

pivo
09-22-2020, 06:50 PM
I just camped the only item in LGuk that appreciates in value over time :D

And the items is?

Sabin76
09-22-2020, 07:45 PM
And the items is?

Read his Magician's name...

Noselacri
09-22-2020, 07:55 PM
Tis a stone.

Indecisive
09-22-2020, 09:20 PM
I've beaten this drum before, but weight reduction bags are incredible value items. Except Hand Made Backpacks, which I find to be extremely overvalued. %10 reduction at 3 lb weight isn't going to beat out a 0.3 lb Medicine Bag in many cases, outside of being ten slot, and the Medicine Bag only costs 1p.

Castle2.0
09-22-2020, 09:30 PM
Arthur took the sword in the stone. Merlin took the stone itself. Who ended up truly ruling the kingdom? The man with the stone.

Donkey Hotay
09-22-2020, 09:54 PM
Except Hand Made Backpacks, which I find to be extremely overvalued.

The 10-slot is the value there, I think. Most folks buy them for their banker/bank, I do believe.

Keebz
09-22-2020, 10:05 PM
The 10-slot is the value there, I think. Most folks buy them for their banker/bank, I do believe.

Yup, 16 (2*8) extra bank slots for ~250pp is pretty amazing actually. Add this to the list of great value items, imho.

dwikt96
09-23-2020, 01:34 AM
Ithink he'stalking about the OoT lizard. But I doubt the numbers/tiimes he is given frankly. As far as research stuff. ya good luck selling it ive had a words of incar on my ec mule for close to month and no one buying it. People don't tend to fator n the black hole of the EC time sink for gauging their farming potential or their loot acquisitions.

incarceration specifically was good to make the 44 air pet required to make 49 air pet, because of the mage armies only being able to use this pet in posky, it sold quite well and nearly immediately around 8-9k, the issue right now is its almost kunark, there's really no value in investing that much in a pet you're about to replace..so you're right, words don't really hold much value at the moment

but they were an incredibly good seller for a long time

formallydickman
09-23-2020, 02:21 AM

I'm a fan of Elemental Grimoire. It is like 10pp from vendor, 10 slot, large capacity, and weighs just 1 heavier than hand made backpack, which would be irrelevant in a bank situation.

Indecisive
09-23-2020, 05:31 AM
I'm a fan of Elemental Grimoire. It is like 10pp from vendor, 10 slot, large capacity, and weighs just 1 heavier than hand made backpack, which would be irrelevant in a bank situation.

Then once Velious hits, Deluxe Toolbox at 10 slot, giant capacity for 1p if banking is the only concern.

BarnabusCollins
09-23-2020, 05:51 AM
best value item = manastone

Taiku
09-23-2020, 06:21 AM
One cracked staff is worth like 350+ muffins, that's pretty good value

pivo
09-23-2020, 09:39 AM
Read his Magician's name...

Sorry, I still don't understand, which item is: "only item in LGuk that appreciates in value over time"

Here is the list of unique items from Lower Guk: Do you mind help new player by pointing out said item?

, Adamantite Band
, Adamantite Epaulets
, Amethyst Bracelet
, Azure Sleeves
, Bag of Sewn Evil-Eye
, Basalt Carapace
, Black Tome with Silver Runes
, Braided Cinch Cord
, Brigandine Tunic
, Broken Bow Part B
, Carved Ivory Mask
, Chrysoberyl Talisman
, Crown of the Froglok Kings
, Dark Mail Gauntlets
, A Dark Reaver
, Ebony Bladed Sword
, Embroidered Black Cape
, Embroidered Black Sleeves
, Enameled Black Chestplate
, Enameled Black Mace
, Executioner's Axe
, Executioners Hood
, Flowing Black Silk Sash
, Gilded Cloth
, Gorgon Feather Quill
, The Idol
, Light Burlap Sack
, Mask of Deception
, Mithril Frog Totem
, Mithril-Runed Tunic
, Mithril Two-Handed Sword
, Moonstone Ring
, Platinum Tiara
, Runed Cowl
, Runed Falchion
, Scepter
, Serpentine Bracer
, Serrated Bone Dirk
, Shimmering White Shroud
, Shin Gauntlets
, Shin Greaves
, Shining Metallic Robes
, Short Sword of the Ykesha
, Silver-Plated Leggings
, Silversilk Leggings
, Skull-shaped Barbute
, Thick Banded Belt
, White Gold Necklace

Sabin76
09-23-2020, 10:52 AM
The item in question was a /list legacy item that stopped dropping back in April (Manastone).

pivo
09-23-2020, 02:14 PM
The item in question was a /list legacy item that stopped dropping back in April (Manastone).

Ahh I see, thank you very much!

Castle2.0
09-23-2020, 02:55 PM
Sorry, I still don't understand, which item is: "only item in LGuk that appreciates in value over time" Welcome to P99!

It no longer drops, very useful, and is irreplaceable, hence it always goes up in value over time. They sold for 50-60k back in the Teal/Green days. Now they are 150k+, soon to be 200k :D

Noselacri
09-23-2020, 05:16 PM
Mind that once Kunark (and Velious) release, it's only really all that useful for wizards and druids who can port back to the old world and manastone up to full mana. The item itself is only usable in the game's original zones, so if you're a class without ports, you'd only be able to benefit from it when you're back in the old world. Long story short, it's primarily a druid/wizard item. Classes that can't easily move back and forth between the old world and Kunark/Velious get very little out of the item unless you're deliberately camping something in LGuk or SolB or something like that.

turbosilk
09-23-2020, 06:25 PM
Most that play have certain items they get great value out of. When I talk to new players in EC I sometimes get asked what to purchase.

Which items do you find that are great values to purchase in EC? Which items are overvalued?

Here's what I typically recommend to new players on green so they use their hard earned plat wisely.

great value:

10 does sow pots (100p is a steal for these)
55HP rings (200-250p is super low for so many hitpoints
Hooded Black Cloak (1400-1700p for great back item for any class)

overvalued:

What are some more examples of items that have great value vs cost to new players? How about more overvalued items they should avoid?

Too much demand and the 9int/wis is crazy high considering. Not overvalued. JBoots are a much better value than sow pots over the medium and long run. 10 pp per sow click not economical unless you have pp to burn.

Soothsayer
09-23-2020, 07:37 PM
Box of Abu-Kar is a great value item. It's only going to rise in price once people start leveling their Iksar monks and shit and need weight reduction. You can get 'em for ~3k to 4k right now, but I'm willing to bet they'll eventually go up to double that during Kunark. Definitely buy them now if you plan to get one.

DMN
09-23-2020, 07:49 PM
Box of Abu-Kar is a great value item. It's only going to rise in price once people start leveling their Iksar monks and shit and need weight reduction. You can get 'em for ~3k to 4k right now, but I'm willing to bet they'll eventually go up to double that during Kunark. Definitely buy them now if you plan to get one.

They will never go over 5k...people would just buy a tink bag.

Noselacri
09-23-2020, 08:14 PM
Box of Abu is even worse than tinker bag, it weighs twice as much and has the same slots, size allowance and weight reduction. There's no conceivable reason why it would ever cost more than 3-4k when anyone can get as many tinker bags as they want for 5k each without even needing to find a seller.

Soothsayer
09-23-2020, 08:31 PM
Box of Abu is even worse than tinker bag, it weighs twice as much

It weighs 1 pound more. Is a tink bag really worth 1 - 2k more on account of that? Nah. Expect the price of boxes to go up to at least close to tinkerer bag prices.

Noselacri
09-23-2020, 09:06 PM
For monks it matters quite a bit, and for anyone else, how close can the price of boxes really get to 5k before it makes no sense? 4k should be the absolute limit. It's not like anyone's gonna want to spend time looking for a buyer and then get a worse bag just to save, say, 200p.

pivo
09-23-2020, 09:46 PM
Welcome to P99!

It no longer drops, very useful, and is irreplaceable, hence it always goes up in value over time. They sold for 50-60k back in the Teal/Green days. Now they are 150k+, soon to be 200k :D

Thanks! If there is ever new server start, I will be ready for a camping race ;-)

Castle2.0
09-23-2020, 11:03 PM
Mind that once Kunark (and Velious) release, it's only really all that useful for wizards and druids who can port back to the old world and manastone up to full mana. The item itself is only usable in the game's original zones, so if you're a class without ports, you'd only be able to benefit from it when you're back in the old world. Long story short, it's primarily a druid/wizard item. Classes that can't easily move back and forth between the old world and Kunark/Velious get very little out of the item unless you're deliberately camping something in LGuk or SolB or something like that. Mostly true.

It's definitely a wiz/dru item primarily in Kunark/Velious. However, you can go level 1-55 in old world easily. Great item for necro. You have lure-like DD (lifetaps) that have better mana/dmg ratio than wizards due to manasstone+lifetap heal combo.

Manastone is mostly about efficiency and so it shines most when you're levelling (or a druid/wiz that can port old world). Old world mobs are typically weaker (lower ac/hp) and with Kunark/Velious gear there's a definite mismatch.

With the ZEM zones (and that may change) of paw and CT in place, I could see a caster levelling in old world with The Manastone.

cd288
09-24-2020, 12:00 AM
Mind that once Kunark (and Velious) release, it's only really all that useful for wizards and druids who can port back to the old world and manastone up to full mana. The item itself is only usable in the game's original zones, so if you're a class without ports, you'd only be able to benefit from it when you're back in the old world. Long story short, it's primarily a druid/wizard item. Classes that can't easily move back and forth between the old world and Kunark/Velious get very little out of the item unless you're deliberately camping something in LGuk or SolB or something like that.

Not even that useful for a Wizard as it is for a Druid. If you’re soloing, who’s healing you once you burn all your health down for mana

Noselacri
09-27-2020, 04:56 PM
Wizard epic rune is a buffer against manastone. Rune up, manastone five times, rune up, manatone five times, rinse and repeat.

getsome
09-27-2020, 05:26 PM
Wizard epic rune is a buffer against manastone. Rune up, manastone five times, rune up, manatone five times, rinse and repeat.

Doing it wrong. @lvl 60 you stone 13-14x

Castle2.0
09-27-2020, 05:36 PM
Not even that useful for a Wizard as it is for a Druid. If you’re soloing, who’s healing you once you burn all your health down for mana

Fact Check: False.

It's called The Manadance™. Unlimited, free instant healing. Check it out:

https://www.project1999.com/forums/showthread.php?t=359987

Castle2.0
09-27-2020, 05:38 PM
who’s healing you

Her name is Hendi Mrubble. If you know how to Manadance™, she will certainly dance with you and bring your hp up fast!