PDA

View Full Version : More players on blue then green

Mario 7
09-13-2020, 10:42 AM
Hi im new, both my chars on blue and green are below level 5

Blue has more players on it right now which server should i start out on? Not really alot of people around i guess in steamfont.

DMN
09-14-2020, 01:04 AM
Green generally tends to have 15-20%more people on it, as long as it's not some crazy ass time of day like 4 AM.

in any event the populations are comparable but if your characters are that low level and you want to do any grouping, greens a much better choice. if you are mostly a solo player then either choice is fine.

ScottBerta
09-14-2020, 01:31 AM
Green is a better server for new players imo. Typically, blue players, like myself, have been around for a very long time. If you want more people to exp with Green will provide that, if you want more open lower lvl zones for soloing, blue is prolly better. I believe both have nice players that like to help new players. However, blue players will have more pp, etc.. due to longevity of server. Good luck!

Fammaden
09-14-2020, 07:33 AM
Play around on both and see which one sticks for you. Your first character shouldn't really be melee anyway, but if you're going to do something more group reliant go to green. If you just WANT to group more than solo then green will have more of them in the low to mid level game, blue you don't really start finding groups as easily til like 40+ these days.

Baler
09-14-2020, 07:47 AM
OP seems like an anon alt account...
world 1-3?

If you want to progress through the everquest classic-velious timeline, play green.
If you want everything p99 will ever offer, play blue.

Castle2.0
09-14-2020, 08:56 AM
If you want a shot at a manastone.. uhhhh.. nevermind.

Jesting aside, Green is the way to go.

Dolalin
09-14-2020, 09:37 AM
Good to start on Green now since Kunark will be out shortly and a brand new influx of players will soon be arriving.

Scalem
09-14-2020, 02:38 PM
If you want a shot at a manastone.. uhhhh.. nevermind.

Jesting aside, Green is the way to go.

I wouldn't be surprised if you dream about your worthless manastone with how much you talk about it.

Castle2.0
09-14-2020, 03:13 PM
:)

douglas1999
09-14-2020, 03:24 PM
Definitely go green. Low and mid level zones are much more populated because the population is confined to only classic zones. Blue is a lower population spread over two expansions worth of content, and it's basically done at least for the time being unless they start rolling out custom content for it. There aren't any notable events to look forward to\invigorate the population numbers.

Castle2.0
09-14-2020, 03:26 PM
Blue isn't just spread out over Classic, Kunark, and Velious, but very top heavy 50-60. As a new player you'll find very very few low levels to group with and if you do they are super twink anyway,

cd288
09-15-2020, 12:54 PM
Depends on what you want to do. Do you want to experience the Kunark launch fresh? Then I would roll some chars on Green and start leveling them up a bit to play in Kunark when it drops in November. I'd also roll Green if you want to experience some of the old world zones being more crowded than you'll see them on Blue (albeit only for a couple more months).

If experiencing a fresh Kunark launch and/or getting some of the pre-nerf Kunark items isn't important to you, then I would play on Blue. The closer we get to Velious the less and less different the servers become so you're not missing anything by playing on Blue post-Kunark.

I play on Green currently because I started at launch and wanted to experience a brand new server and the progression through Kunark from launch day one. I will likely level in Kunark a bit, maybe get some raid gear from it, and then go back to Blue because, like I said, with each passing month it becomes closer and closer to essentially just being Blue.