PDA

View Full Version : Ultimate Chill Class?

Trivonus
09-13-2020, 12:12 AM
I've completed everything I realistically set out and wanted to do on Green and Blue. At this point, I'm just looking to chill and make friends. I'm wondering if I should roll something like a druid or wizard? Druid would be more helpful to people/friends, but they feel so uber weak to me (at least that's the way I feel). Wizards can't buff/pl/sow etc. like druids but they are more useful in groups and solo (or so it feels to me). I don't really care about getting max level, epics or any of that.

Druid - Already stated earlier that I feel super weak on one. Healing is so weak it's kinda stressful if you have to main heal. Feel kinda useless, however, can power-level, buff, sow, etc. Great for helping others!

Wizard - I have no idea how they work except snare and your biggest DD (lol). Seems pretty chill. Can port and lev people!

Rogue - can easily die and corpse runs are /wrist. Not actually terrible, but no bind feelsbadman.

Cleric - healing is not chill whatsoever (for me). Druids are so bad at healing that I realistically won't be expected to do it much over 30, not that druids get groups much anyways hah. >.>

Necro - Not realistically able to help other people too much besides corpse summons I don't think. Lich ticking my hp down doesn't feel to "chill" to me.

Magician - Pretty chill to be honest but no ports. Can't help others out too terribly much. Maybe I could bind at firepots though. ~

So either druid, magician or wizard in my mind. Wizard #1, Magician #2, Druid #3 tentatively

What are your thoughts?

garfo
09-13-2020, 12:26 AM
You seem to be torn between wanting to be able to help people vs playing a chill/laid-back class. For chillability, I'd say necro -- the ability to FD anytime is huge, you can solo very easily/safely, and you can support groups actually pretty well, even save groups from wipes with screaming terror (mezz), but at the same time your group is probably not gonna wipe because of something you did or didn't do. Also, lich is really no big deal at all :)

Wiz could totally be chill if you level in groups and then become a port/nuke master in raids -- but quad kiting, their main solo option, is most decidedly un-chill, bra

EDIT: if you decide that wanting to help people is your main priority, then id say druid hands down. porting, plus the ability to toss noobs a regen or thorns or skin to totally make their day.

Spergand
09-13-2020, 12:53 AM
Since you talked so much bad about druids you aren't allowed to play one , oh and no ports either

Taiku
09-13-2020, 12:56 AM
Necro is chill as heck! lich ticking your hp down isn't a big deal, especially if you are waiting for iksar! You can always click it off, honestly I think that FD is the key for the chill factor, being able to just afk for like 30 min to an hour to make dinner or whatever, without having to log out, as long as you click lich off before you go afk you're good.

And once kunark comes out you get your life pact stuff to heal with, people don't expect necro heals, but they are surprisingly effective! (Pact + dispel the degen off yourself)

Natewest1987
09-13-2020, 01:58 AM
What does /wrist mean

Tunabros
09-13-2020, 03:24 AM
cleric
everyone wants you 40+
all you do is sit med heal
i watched the 4 episodes of GoT at KC before lol
no one died B)

Convict
09-13-2020, 04:36 AM
everybody missing the obvious choice here which is clearly bard, just leech lvl 1-50 playing mana/hp song while you watch netflix like so many other bards do

Trivonus
09-13-2020, 04:48 AM
everybody missing the obvious choice here which is clearly bard, just leech lvl 1-50 playing mana/hp song while you watch netflix like so many other bards do

Problem I see with bard is that you can't invis back to your corpse b/c invis song requires instrument. You could buy them and store at bank and then run to your corpse, but still, I think bard is a pretty high-stress class for solo or group. I mean if your goal is to AFK and not play then I think you are correct! lol No bind, no gate.

BlackBellamy
09-13-2020, 08:45 AM
What does /wrist mean

Down the tracks, not across the street.

Baler
09-13-2020, 09:13 AM
Rogue or Necro are mega chill

Soothsayer
09-13-2020, 10:40 AM
Monk is the most chill class. Why, you might ask? Through years of spiritual meditation, they have achieved nirvana and are totally at peace.

Mario 7
09-13-2020, 10:45 AM
Bard, play aoe heal / mana song and lay in bed and powerlevel your friends while they kill kobolds !

Baler
09-13-2020, 10:48 AM
I disagree with monk being chill. They're pull monkeys.

Philistine
09-13-2020, 03:10 PM
I agree re: necro. You're useful in groups but people have low expectations, especially if there's nothing for you to charm. You can solo like a champ and "pause" the game any time with FD.

Lich definitely takes getting used to, but until you get Lich at 49 it really doesn't kill you that fast (I'm sure demi lich is much worse, but I'm not there yet on my necro) and you can click it off whenever you want anyway.

Philistine
09-13-2020, 03:11 PM
Monk is the most chill class. Why, you might ask? Through years of spiritual meditation, they have achieved nirvana and are totally at peace.

I love this, lol

larsbars
09-13-2020, 03:43 PM

Peace can never be found through violence.

M.J.
09-13-2020, 04:34 PM
I nominate Paladin, eventually you get rez, you get to help people out, yaulp really loudly, and there is nothing more chill than a Paladin in a bubble. Plus heal helmets are coming soon.

Pyrocat
09-13-2020, 04:39 PM
Mage. Grouping or solo, just send pet and occasionally nuke.

Kronick89
09-16-2020, 10:05 PM
Mage IMO is the most chill. Just send pet in, toss a nuke, done. Bind and gate make travel somewhat bearable. Can summon food/water so dont have to worry about running out and having to pack of from your camp and go get some. Plus can summon some pretty beneficial items. Can solo with earth pet easy as pie. If you’re half there paying attention in a group your pet can make it seem like you are doing a lot

dwikt96
09-17-2020, 07:00 PM
druid is the clear choice here

Swish
09-17-2020, 07:03 PM
Peace can never be found through violence.

https://i.imgur.com/tMIPruC.jpg

Swish
09-17-2020, 07:04 PM
Mage IMO is the most chill. Just send pet in, toss a nuke, done. Bind and gate make travel somewhat bearable. Can summon food/water so dont have to worry about running out and having to pack of from your camp and go get some. Plus can summon some pretty beneficial items. Can solo with earth pet easy as pie. If you’re half there paying attention in a group your pet can make it seem like you are doing a lot

On the flip side the lack of sending the pet in tells your group you're afk. If you want to be a lazy "sit on your arse" int caster I'd definitely go with a wizard - the Netflix and play class ^^

Elrood
09-17-2020, 07:29 PM
Yeah I'd say the answer has to be a grouping Wizard.

Vaarsuvius
09-18-2020, 10:45 AM

Have you played a mage beyond lvl 20 ?

larsbars
09-18-2020, 11:51 AM
Once you learn to play one, enchanter. Feels pretty chill to find your spot in a dungeon and get exp and loot 30 minutes at a time then logging.