PDA

View Full Version : What will you do differently on Green 2.0 ?

Izmael
09-12-2020, 11:47 AM
I'll probably spend less time camping legacy items other than the guise. I found that owning all this no longer droppable stuff didn't make me a single bit happier, or the game more interesting.

So on 2.0 I'll probably just run around enjoying the lowbie-in-rags game as an untwinked warrior or rogue.

What about you guys? What would/will you do differently from Green 1.0 ?

Castle2.0
09-12-2020, 12:17 PM
Camp more manastones. Period.

Baler
09-12-2020, 12:45 PM
Stream and Record Videos with OBS

Jibartik
09-12-2020, 01:18 PM
Make a wizard and fly around and PK people because it will be teams :)

elkboot
09-12-2020, 01:21 PM
red 2.0?

charmcitysking
09-12-2020, 01:44 PM
play less of it

Tunabros
09-12-2020, 02:09 PM
make a wizard instead ;)
human of course
also If i had a legacy item I will be the happiest man ever

DMN
09-12-2020, 02:09 PM
Pass.

(actually depends on what happens with green 1.0)

Larken
09-12-2020, 02:18 PM
Make a wizard and fly around and PK people because it will be teams :)

Can't wait!

BarnabusCollins
09-12-2020, 07:11 PM
Catching a new red before everyone gets 255 mr could be alot of fun, no teams though. Full open pvp 5 level limit same as now, except: FULL non no drop item and plat loot.

nyclin
09-12-2020, 07:52 PM
Catching a new red before everyone gets 255 mr could be alot of fun, no teams though. Full open pvp 5 level limit same as now, except: FULL non no drop item and plat loot.

because i'm legitimately curious: what do you, as a pvp player, think the sweet spot is for resists? as far as i understand it - with no resist gear, casters are incredibly powerful. with full resist gear, casters become borderline useless. do any of the private pvp servers like RoZ cap resists somewhere before 255?

NPC
09-12-2020, 08:04 PM
I'll probably spend less time camping legacy items other than the guise. I found that owning all this no longer droppable stuff didn't make me a single bit happier, or the game more interesting.

So on 2.0 I'll probably just run around enjoying the lowbie-in-rags game as an untwinked warrior or rogue.

Is there going to be 2.0? Haven't heard anything. When it is opening?

Tethler
09-12-2020, 08:51 PM
Probably wont want to start over again, but if I do, prob main an enchanter instead of maining a weaker class for the challenge.

Coridan
09-12-2020, 10:28 PM
Gonna roll up a Ranger main next time (Paladin main on Blue, SK on Green). Love me some hybrid xp penalty.

Castle2.0
09-12-2020, 11:25 PM
We all know everyone is thinking "camp at least 1 (or +1) manastone." But no one wants to say it because the regret hurts too much.

Jibartik
09-13-2020, 12:06 AM
Id rather protect someone on my team while they farm manastones :o

Spergand
09-13-2020, 12:54 AM
We all know everyone is thinking "camp at least 1 (or +1) manastone." But no one wants to say it because the regret hurts too much.

No one regrets not camping a manastone you're hilarious

Nirgon
09-13-2020, 03:20 AM
Camp more manastones. Period.

I can charm a dual wielding/hasted fiend in fear that does way more damage than you clicking those wands son

Jibartik
09-13-2020, 04:38 AM
https://youtu.be/P0qz6EbYeYk

DMN
09-13-2020, 09:34 AM
No one regrets not camping a manastone you're hilarious

I can assure you that you are wrong. heh. But since you are a trash tier sep2020 troll who gives fuck.

Castle2.0
09-13-2020, 10:39 AM
I can charm a dual wielding/hasted fiend in fear that does way more damage than you clicking those wands son Don't think you can, but you're more than welcome to document an attempt at my current record of #1 DPS in Vanilla Era. Looking forward to it.

I love how I set some incredibly manly, awesome records and scrubs come outta the wood work ("I am capable of even greater feats!" *disappears without proof*) lol. Expected.

*uber nerd flex*

greenspectre
09-13-2020, 11:01 AM
Main an Enchanter. Green 1.0 was my first time main'ing a non-melee character (Shammy) and I am very happy with that choice, but next time I'd wanna go full-clothie.

Spergand
09-13-2020, 11:24 AM
Manastone is garbage

Castle2.0
09-13-2020, 11:38 AM
Manastone is garbage

...Manastone no longer drops...

Ooooooo, ok.

Soothsayer
09-13-2020, 11:57 AM
I'm going to try to go off the beaten path. I'll XP in zones I've never visited before, like Permafrost / Paw / Aqueducts / etc. Sick and tired of the usual Crushbone > Unrest > Mistmoore > Sol B leveling path.

Oh, and screw zerg guilds. Ugh. I'm going to try to find a reasonably small, tight outfit where I don't feel like part of a fucking ant swarm.

Spergand
09-13-2020, 12:00 PM
Ooooooo, ok.
https://i.imgur.com/bf0Wzah.png

Castle2.0
09-13-2020, 12:28 PM
https://i.imgur.com/bf0Wzah.png

Checkmate.

sajbert
09-13-2020, 01:15 PM
Depends on how the current server would look.

I’d be tempted to make a paladin for guise and then a Druid or Enchanter to fuel it. That’s a lot of work jus for a novelty thing though and probably not worth my time. I honestly don’t enjoy the long camps. Redoing jboots, pegasus cloak + guise camp, eeehh I just don’t see it but who knows, maybe the memory has faded by then.

I definitely wouldn’t roll a Wizard again. Lacklustre class in classic, poor plat farmer and can’t solo or group well. I mean, I sort of knew that going in but the class envy is real nevertheless.

greenspectre
09-13-2020, 01:47 PM
I'm going to try to go off the beaten path. I'll XP in zones I've never visited before, like Permafrost / Paw / Aqueducts

Aqueducts are actually SICK exp 40-50 and decent cash. The Spectre 4-spawn is a great spot. 11min timer on the level 30 roamer that drops a 20pp sword every time, and then when you're high enough to do specs, there's 4 of them on an 18-min timer, just have to be able to handle 2 at a time. Plus you can occasionally get a Polished Steel Dirk there to offload for more money.

One of my favorite low-key leveling spots.

apprentice04
09-23-2020, 09:48 PM
So much this.

I'm going to try to go off the beaten path. I'll XP in zones I've never visited before, like Permafrost / Paw / Aqueducts / etc. Sick and tired of the usual Crushbone > Unrest > Mistmoore > Sol B leveling path.

Oh, and screw zerg guilds. Ugh. I'm going to try to find a reasonably small, tight outfit where I don't feel like part of a fucking ant swarm.

cd288
09-24-2020, 12:02 AM

Probably not play at all. I experienced the fresh launch for the first time in decades which was my primary goal. I leveled up classes that I have never really played much on live or on Blue and explored a couple old world zones that I hadn’t spent much time in.

So Green 2.0 doesn’t have much draw for me. I enjoyed my time on Green 1 though!

cd288
09-24-2020, 12:05 AM
Aqueducts are actually SICK exp 40-50 and decent cash. The Spectre 4-spawn is a great spot. 11min timer on the level 30 roamer that drops a 20pp sword every time, and then when you're high enough to do specs, there's 4 of them on an 18-min timer, just have to be able to handle 2 at a time. Plus you can occasionally get a Polished Steel Dirk there to offload for more money.

One of my favorite low-key leveling spots.

Make sure you bring a group to Perma and paw lol

Nuggie
09-24-2020, 01:19 AM
If pantheon or AoC aren't a thing I will probably roll a bard.

Soothsayer
09-24-2020, 02:09 AM
If pantheon or AoC aren't a thing I will probably roll a bard.

At the rate Pantheon is being developed, I'd say we have at least three green recycles before that game ever becomes a thing.

Spergand
09-24-2020, 07:45 AM
Roll a halfling bard, ranger or paladin

BlackBellamy
09-24-2020, 08:55 AM
Same thing except with 10x plat.

I forgot all the great cash camps and exploits in the decades, but with Green I'm back baby, I'm back!

Googi
09-24-2020, 09:19 AM
Another server coming?

zodium
09-24-2020, 09:42 AM
nothing.

Castle2.0
09-24-2020, 11:43 AM
Only thing coming is Kunark then Velious. Strap in.

You got a few more years to think about 2.0 ;)

larsbars
09-24-2020, 11:49 AM
Box of abu kar for all chars while they’re cheap!

kudlezz
09-24-2020, 02:12 PM
Probably not bother wasting time camping any items.

The fun of EQ is the grind from 1-50.

The raid scene is a mess, the list camps are a monumental waste of time, but the time spent grouping and chatting with people is always a blast.

strongNpretty
09-24-2020, 02:47 PM
Probably not bother wasting time camping any items.

The fun of EQ is the grind from 1-50.

The raid scene is a mess, the list camps are a monumental waste of time, but the time spent grouping and chatting with people is always a blast.

It definitely takes a certain type of human to be able to raid to at high levels..

Yes everybody can stare at a wall and click some buttons, but only certain humans are willing to spend hours of their adult life doing so......

There is just something more acceptable about the adventure up to raiding, than raiding is...

I just can't come to terms with spending hoooours raiding on P99, only place all my hope in some random guild point system, or the luck of a /rand 100....

Now if i was adventuring and crawling with a raid, that's a different story. I've learned and seen stuff that makes it worth it.. But to sit at a wall or zone entrance for hours and not see anything of a zone? That's depressing...

Fammaden
09-24-2020, 03:07 PM
Guilds need warmbodies too, let the hardcore sockers/racers/FTE champs do that shit and just log in for the kill. Also its possible to cover tracking in shifts rather than doing an entire 16 hour window.

The thing raiding requires more than raw time like you describe is flexibility. For people who can only log in and play from like 8 to 11 PM every night after their work and responsibilities are over, non-instanced raiding is a non-starter.

You need the flexibility to be able to pause life and log in at any given time during your waking hours, even if you don't stay on that long. Its over exaggerated this idea that raiders all have no jobs and no life, but what kind of job and life you have is going to dictate how much raiding works for you.

strongNpretty
09-24-2020, 03:22 PM
Guilds need warmbodies too, let the hardcore sockers/racers/FTE champs do that shit and just log in for the kill. Also its possible to cover tracking in shifts rather than doing an entire 16 hour window.

The thing raiding requires more than raw time like you describe is flexibility. For people who can only log in and play from like 8 to 11 PM every night after their work and responsibilities are over, non-instanced raiding is a non-starter.

You need the flexibility to be able to pause life and log in at any given time during your waking hours, even if you don't stay on that long. Its over exaggerated this idea that raiders all have no jobs and no life, but what kind of job and life you have is going to dictate how much raiding works for you.

Well said. The key word here for sure is flexibility, and i can't disagree with that... A structured lifestyle is ultimately my EQ Career downfall..

Phaezed-Reality
09-24-2020, 03:29 PM
next time i won't care what others think of me and ill join kingdom.

Jibartik
09-24-2020, 03:44 PM
Play a bone knight.

Evia
09-24-2020, 03:58 PM
I was playing eq pretty regularly before green launch. I got excited for green and played it for a few months but eventually lost interest in the rat race. I tried to go back to blue, but the fire and desire to play was gone. So for green 2.0 maybe I'd not join a guild and not try and race to max lvl and legacy items.... since it apparently sucked the fun out of the game for me.

Scalem
09-24-2020, 05:14 PM
Manastone is garbage

Soothsayer
09-25-2020, 01:26 PM
Roll a knight class instead of a warrior if I want to tank. I found out the hard way that warriors are straight up trash for tanking level 50 raid content thanks to a tiny little oversight by the game developers... as it turns out, it helps to have class abilities to hold aggro with when your job is to, erm, hold aggro. Who knew? They conveniently forgot to add that trivial, unimportant little thing in for warriors until... Luclin?

therealmd
09-25-2020, 01:44 PM
Won’t make a character and waste my time

Googi
09-25-2020, 05:08 PM
going to agree best fun i had on red was 1-50 both leveling in the most popular zones and fighting twinks and low end pvp in kunark zones

60 was garbage due to zerg guilds like nihilum / empire that are scared to death to lose at pvp or fight over raid targets

Noselacri
09-25-2020, 11:59 PM
Full open pvp 5 level limit same as now, except: FULL non no drop item and plat loot.

That would have even fewer players than current red.

Oddbaal
09-26-2020, 11:23 AM
This game is just so much better with pvp, wish more players would agree. I’ll be browsing the forums for red 2.0 launch threads during the green 2.0 launch. Then when red 2.0 finally launches and I’m in my deathbed, I’ll be pking anyone camping manastones.

Frug
09-26-2020, 02:51 PM
> This game is just so much better with pvp, wish more players would agree.

If the majority of a population disagrees with you, perhaps its not them that's incorrect.

dwikt96
09-26-2020, 03:06 PM
/ magician
There are 57 players in Plane of Sky.
/ monk
There are 3 players in Plane of Sky.
/ cleric
There are 9 players in Plane of Sky.

prolly make at least a few mage alts I guess

Evia
09-30-2020, 02:12 PM
> This game is just so much better with pvp, wish more players would agree.

If the majority of a population disagrees with you, perhaps its not them that's incorrect.

Wait...so you decide what is correct or incorrect based on what's most popular among others?
Yikes.