PDA

View Full Version : Clickfests?

xdrcfrx
09-08-2020, 12:47 PM
Recently, I've been noticing that lots of folk have been (seemingly) making an effort, across multiple platforms - reddit, these forums, the p99 discord, the sock for Sentry Badain himself - to pin the blame on someone for the fact that we have no choice but to engage in a terrible click fest for the ring 10 turn in. AG says Riot is to blame; Riot pins the blame on Freedom (I suppose if we're being fair the blame would properly fall on <Guild> or <Renamed Guild>, perhaps <Ghost> or maybe <Ghxst>; for the purposes of this rant and/or flame lets treat <Freedom> as the latest in the post-AM chain of entity succession).

Lots of finger pointing and allegations of who is the unreasonable party responsible for our collective misery, but not much in the way of supporting info. Let's get it all out there. Who's in favor of what? Whose fault is it that the last agreement broke down, and that a new one isn't in place? Who has proposed what in its place, and who has opposed for what reasons? Which of us is some combination of sad / mad / bad?

In short: who's stupid fault is it that i spent 5 hours on friday staring at a room full of equally-sick pixel fiends only to watch Sentry Badain spawn and despawn in about 1.5 seconds because someone else had their cursor in the exact right place to turn in the milisecond he spawned?

(inb4: beta server; "sorry you didn't get coldain loot"; welfare pixels; classic v. not classic; etc).

Vdaria
09-08-2020, 12:50 PM
i mean if there were no people there would be no clickfest

Fammaden
09-08-2020, 01:00 PM
Riot ended their participation in the most recent rotation for ring war, tunare, and ST. Period. Full stop. That's the facts. AG wanted to continue these rotations in some form and Riot didn't. They were all most recently rotations between only those two entities.

In fairness you can make the case that Riot felt their hand was forced, as they tend to do. Does that make it Freedomghostnamed's "fault"? Is is equally or more AG's fault for being allied with them? That's more for you to decide I guess, and everyone seems to spin it for their own biases.

xdrcfrx
09-08-2020, 01:14 PM
In fairness you can make the case that Riot felt their hand was forced, as they tend to do. Does that make it Freedomghostnamed's "fault"? Is is equally or more AG's fault for being allied with them? That's more for you to decide I guess, and everyone seems to spin it for their own biases.

This is what we're here to figure out! Lets get all the info out there so the unwashed masses of RnF can decide who we should be angry at!

Dreenk317
09-08-2020, 01:16 PM
Thats what I have heard as well. Rotations were a thing, people were unhappy. Riot said no to the proposed changes, and there counterproposal was to just blow up the rotation.

Woke Locc
09-08-2020, 01:19 PM
who's stupid fault is it that i spent 5 hours on friday staring at a room full of equally-sick pixel fiends only to watch Sentry Badain spawn and despawn in about 1.5 seconds because someone else had their cursor in the exact right place to turn in the milisecond he spawned?

yours

xdrcfrx
09-08-2020, 01:22 PM
Riot said no to the proposed changes, and there counterproposal was to just blow up the rotation.

What changes? What counter proposal? All i know if that AG blames Riot, Riot blames Freedom and/or AG. Lookin' for details.

xdrcfrx
09-08-2020, 01:23 PM
yours

Acknowledged, and mostly correct. No one made me go click fest.

But who made it a click fest in the first place?

Dogma
09-08-2020, 01:25 PM
I wasn't there for the ending of the rotation but I think it had something to do with a guild leaving Sentry Badain up for like 10 hours when the agreement was something about completing the war "in a timely manner."

Faster ring war is completed = faster the next one spawns = more ring wars overall

These types of agreements are usually tied to other agreements also. There might be another agreement down the road but I really doubt it'll be only RW that is affected.

I like the clickfest tho tbh.

Ripqozko
09-08-2020, 01:26 PM
5 years into velious farming on a 21 year elf emulated server.

Consider none of this matters and you dont have warder loot.

indiscriminate_hater
09-08-2020, 01:30 PM
AOW rotation imminent

Fammaden
09-08-2020, 01:37 PM
I wasn't there for the ending of the rotation but I think it had something to do with a guild leaving Sentry Badain up for like 10 hours when the agreement was something about completing the war "in a timely manner."

Faster ring war is completed = faster the next one spawns = more ring wars overall

These types of agreements are usually tied to other agreements also. There might be another agreement down the road but I really doubt it'll be only RW that is affected.

Ten hours is a reasonable amount of time to any guild but Riot, because they don't have numbers to field significant raid content for all of the small hours of the morning US time. Riot can shit out 80 men any time of day they want. Delaying the next ring by ten whole hours does seem rather tragic for Riot, compared to having everyone hate themselves and each other while they click away at Badain sock.

Pretzelle
09-08-2020, 01:50 PM
AG/F usually roll with 20-30% more people than Riot on just about every raid.

LazyHydras
09-08-2020, 02:06 PM
AOW rotation imminent

At the current rate? Not likely.

Fammaden
09-08-2020, 02:06 PM
Not at 4AM EST they don't.

Nexii
09-08-2020, 03:47 PM
Why are ring 8 and scout roll offs but not ring 10?

kaizersoze
09-08-2020, 04:17 PM
Riot ended their participation in the most recent rotation for ring war, tunare, and ST. Period. Full stop. That's the facts. AG wanted to continue these rotations in some form and Riot didn't. They were all most recently rotations between only those two entities.

Technically this is not incorrect. However the reason they went full stop on the agreements was because Guild / Renamed Guild / Ghost / Freedom (theyre the same people, basically.) decided they wanted to contest Riots rotations and not AGs. Since Riot was the only one who was forced to defend ST / RW / (I think theres some agreement again on Tuna but I could be mistaken. Freedom sure isnt doing her on their own and AG has never seemed very keen on doing growth with most logging in just for Tuna, leading to upwards of like 8-10 hour clears, but working together they seem to do it just fine) then why not just contest them all?

sydbarrett25
09-08-2020, 04:47 PM

This is the excuse that they want you to think. More ring wars over all, in their benefit. So you as a person go click for them. Yay clickfest

stephenc44
09-08-2020, 04:48 PM
Technically this is not incorrect. However the reason they went full stop on the agreements was because Guild / Renamed Guild / Ghost / Freedom (theyre the same people, basically.) decided they wanted to contest Riots rotations and not AGs. Since Riot was the only one who was forced to defend ST / RW / (I think theres some agreement again on Tuna but I could be mistaken. Freedom sure isnt doing her on their own and AG has never seemed very keen on doing growth with most logging in just for Tuna, leading to upwards of like 8-10 hour clears, but working together they seem to do it just fine) then why not just contest them all?
And the reason Freedom only contested Riots rotated mobs was because Riot was the only guild that wouldnt agree to adding other guilds to the rotation.

sydbarrett25
09-08-2020, 04:50 PM
Why are ring 8 and scout roll offs but not ring 10?

Real speak here, but it doesnt necessary address the 16 hour window.

xdrcfrx
09-08-2020, 04:56 PM
And the reason Freedom only contested Riots rotated mobs was because Riot was the only guild that wouldnt agree to adding other guilds to the rotation.

Ok now we're getting places. Were there conditions attached here, or was it just a firm "no," across the board?

Dreenk317
09-08-2020, 04:58 PM
So, from what I can gather, the TL/DR is:

Riot: hey AG were down to rotate stuff between the two of us, sounds good.
AG: ok cool
FREEDOM: can we get in?
AG: hmm, ok
RIOT: no
FREEDOM: ok, we have to contest then? And AG was willing to let us in, so i guess riot made themselves a target.
RIOT: wtf, stop contesting us, not fair, fucj this rotation shit. Were just gonna race for fte and win them all.
AG: oh, ok, I guess we don't really have any say if you back out
AG: hey look, we can race, this is kind of fun
RIOT: wtf, we were supposed to win all of these and arent. So we want to go back to rotations!
AG: but it was your idea to end it
RIOT: it was our idea to get more pixels! This was not our idea! You guys are monopolizing the server!
AG: what?
FREEDOM: FFFFRRRRRRREEEEEEEEEEEEEEDDDDDOOOOOOOOOOOOOOMMMMMM MM!!!!!!!!!!!

sydbarrett25
09-08-2020, 05:13 PM

FREEDOM: ok, we have to contest then? And AG was willing to let us in, so i guess riot made themselves a target.
RIOT: wtf, stop contesting us, not fair, fucj this rotation shit. Were just gonna race for fte and win them all.
RIOT: wtf, we were supposed to win all of these and arent. So we want to go back to rotations!
RIOT: it was our idea to get more pixels! This was not our idea! You guys are monopolizing the server!

pretty much, however dont forget about kittens wanting in on that

Dogma
09-08-2020, 05:26 PM
Freedom: We're not AM.
Also Freedom: What do you mean we can't inherit AMs rotation spot?

Nexii
09-08-2020, 05:41 PM
Real speak here, but it doesnt necessary address the 16 hour window.

KT, Statue, Angry Goblin have variance and roll offs. Not sure I understand what the problem is.

kaizersoze
09-08-2020, 06:02 PM

Riot doesnt really mind tbh. Theyre getting more RWs than they'd have lost to rotation. Off hour especially when Ree / AG dont have the numbers to pull it off. AG has been rocking ST golems for sure though, good on them.

xdrcfrx
09-08-2020, 06:04 PM

could be true but makes it sound like you have an axe to grind.

what's the version of this story from Riot's perspective?

Drakborn
09-08-2020, 06:18 PM
could be true but makes it sound like you have an axe to grind.

what's the version of this story from Riot's perspective?

AG was delaying their ring wars so that the window would interfere with other 7 day spawns. AG uses the "we dont always have the numbers" excuse, which would make sense once or twice, but third and fourth time...

Fammaden
09-08-2020, 06:23 PM
If it spawns in the middle of the night and they have to wait til the next afternoon then the nature of the spawn means that sometimes those will land on cycle days.

Dogma
09-08-2020, 06:24 PM
Server getting way more ring wars now.

Clickfest seems to be working.

Zipity
09-08-2020, 06:29 PM
There is more Ex AM players in Riot than freedom.
There is more Ex Renamed guild players in Riot than freedom.
There is more Ex Ghxst players in Riot than freedom.

See the trend here? Really is quite funny how it gets spun though.

Ripqozko
09-08-2020, 06:44 PM
There is more Ex AM players in Riot than freedom.
There is more Ex Renamed guild players in Riot than freedom.
There is more Ex Ghxst players in Riot than freedom.

See the trend here? Really is quite funny how it gets spun though.

and none have warder loot, yikes.

Dogma
09-08-2020, 06:48 PM
Was there a point to that Zipity?

Fammaden
09-08-2020, 06:57 PM
Riot confirmed is AM. Detoxx is leading them and everything.

Dreenk317
09-08-2020, 07:04 PM
Was there a point to that Zipity?

I believe his point is that riot is complaining that people from those guilds are the cause of many of the current problems.

Dogma
09-08-2020, 07:09 PM
I believe his point is that riot is complaining that people from those guilds are the cause of many of the current problems.Those are big words to put in his mouth. I wouldn't want him to choke.

cd288
09-08-2020, 07:17 PM
Surprised people still care this much about stuff on Blue

sydbarrett25
09-08-2020, 07:21 PM
AG was delaying their ring wars so that the window would interfere with other 7 day spawns. AG uses the "we dont always have the numbers" excuse, which would make sense once or twice, but third and fourth time...

Who cares if it spawns during 7 days. Big deal. Trying to get the most ring wars in before server wipe?

sydbarrett25
09-08-2020, 07:22 PM
Server getting way more ring wars now.

Clickfest seems to be working.

See, people like clickfests. Nothing more fun then clicking

kaizersoze
09-08-2020, 07:25 PM
Surprised people still care this much about stuff on Blue

most of the reasonable ones dont.

Dreenk317
09-08-2020, 08:16 PM
most of the reasonable ones dont.

Reasonable people play here? What!?!?!?!?!

LazyHydras
09-11-2020, 03:22 PM

Our sincerest apologies that we don't have players in all 37 time zones of the world. I guess we should just git gud, huh?

conoutoftrol
09-11-2020, 03:34 PM
Our sincerest apologies that we don't have players in all 37 time zones of the world. I guess we should just git gud, huh?

yes move to resolved

PL_Barton
09-11-2020, 03:36 PM

That's never been the case. We don't field 40-50 people during off hours. Our Euro / Non US kill force is possibly only 20-30 people during the winter months, half that during the summer.

And the rational that "we don't always have the numbers" is valid any number of times so long as the spawn occurs during our off hours.

AG has LONG been a proponent of rotations. We team with Freedom and any other guild to make our lives easier.

Dreenk317
09-11-2020, 07:04 PM
I'm also confused, how if they delayed the window so that it interfered with other 7 days. Why the fuck not just wait until your done with the 7 days to do your ring war?

xdrcfrx
09-11-2020, 07:22 PM
I'm also confused, how if they delayed the window so that it interfered with other 7 days. Why the fuck not just wait until your done with the 7 days to do your ring war?

well since the agreement only included 2 guilds, if they leave badain up all day someone else might come and take it. Easy enough to just add to the rotation then?

Fammaden
09-11-2020, 08:34 PM
We can't have the number of ring tens entering the game reduced by even one per month...in this time locked server suck on Velious for five years and counting....

Ravager
09-11-2020, 09:08 PM
The real answer is delete your chars, reroll level one and kill skeletons until you loot a cracked staff. It's the exact same dopamine in far less time.