PDA

View Full Version : My apologies to Seal Team

Rader
09-03-2020, 09:59 PM
you are not the biggest piece of sh-t guild on green, Castle is

in one night, a KS attempt as part of a PL effort, then later, constant links of gear in ooc, for no reason other than bragging, in South Karana

what a bunch of losers

Trexller
09-03-2020, 10:26 PM
yeah but still

dont apologize to them, it will inflate their ego.

cd288
09-03-2020, 11:42 PM
Been saying this for awhile now. Castle is a large guild, so I’m sure there are some decent people in there, but it’s surprising the rate at which I have bad experiences with Castle members...like it far outstrips the number of bad experiences I’ve had with other large guilds (for many of whom the answer is zero).

Don’t bother talking to their officers about it either. Usually the response you get is essentially “I asked the guildy in question and they said they didn’t do it, so they must be telling the truth.”

Skarne
09-03-2020, 11:42 PM
Yeah most folks from castle I’ve met use excessive emojis and smiley faces..I dunno kinda puts me off

Skarne
09-03-2020, 11:43 PM
After rereading that I wanna be clear that I’m serious, castle is an annoying guild.

reznor_
09-04-2020, 12:06 AM
(=(=(=(=(=(=(=(=(=(=(=(=(=(=(=(=(=(=

Woke Locc
09-04-2020, 12:21 AM
What else could I say
Everyone is gay

Swish
09-04-2020, 12:23 AM
what gear do Castle have that would offend the OP into making an RNF thread?

Skarne
09-04-2020, 12:59 AM
(=(=(=(=(=(=(=(=(=(=(=(=(=(=(=(=(=(=

Rofl I shoulda saw that comin!

Tankwipe
09-04-2020, 05:02 AM
what gear do Castle have that would offend the OP into making an RNF thread?
big pixel

Skarne
09-04-2020, 06:56 AM
I hear a lot of their members have the highly coveted elf hide gloves. I’ve said it once and I’ll say it again, it’s unfair how they have a monopoly on those.

BarnabusCollins
09-04-2020, 07:20 AM
:) :) :) :) :) :) :-)

Ingosoff
09-04-2020, 07:28 AM
Come on this is Rants and Flames.
So to help you what we all expect: Names, location, screenshots. RnF rating 1/10

zanderklocke
09-04-2020, 09:01 AM
The only item worth bragging about in South Karana in the context of the zone is the levitation cloak.

cd288
09-04-2020, 09:44 AM
Come on this is Rants and Flames.
So to help you what we all expect: Names, location, screenshots. RnF rating 1/10

Why give names and locations and proof when your guild leader quite literally goes “well I asked them and they said you’re wrong” or “they said that’s not actually what’s going on in the screenshot” and then just dismisses the complaint from the non-guildy? It’s like a cop believing a robber when he says he didn’t rob the store lol

Bristlebaner
09-07-2020, 01:34 PM
Might I suggest blue?

cannobeers3
09-07-2020, 04:36 PM
Bragging aboat gear. Weird.

elkboot
09-07-2020, 04:44 PM
Dave is cool.

Babittle
09-08-2020, 06:39 AM
99% of my interactions with castle have been positive. Never experienced any bragging (though I myself get very excited when I get new pixel shit so idk). Nor has any ever tried to Ks me. So in conclusion this seems situational and not a general consensus so if you have a bone to pick with a certain person that’s one thing but, but, BUT......Generalizations ain’t cool. 1/10 Rant and Fail

Nirgon
09-08-2020, 03:55 PM
Dark Men of Odus confirmed #1 guild

Nuggie
09-08-2020, 08:54 PM
So the linking of items and juvenile behavior of Castle members.... The second generation of Eq'ers is playing on P99. Imagine how you were when you were 14 and exploring this game(or would have been if you had started at 14 years old). I know I did some things I am not proud of on live back in the day. I learned from them and grew up a bit. Maybe the OP could be a little more understanding.

Also note that castle sends tells to randoms that are unguilded with invite offers. Not the best way to get high quality people, but a good way to get a high volume and weed out the weak.

Delekhan
09-09-2020, 03:15 AM
Castle is a very good guild. I've had many great interactions with them and Poatus has been nothing but pleasant with us.

-Razimuth

Delekhan
09-09-2020, 03:21 AM
Castle is a very good guild. I've had many great interactions with them and Poatus has been nothing but pleasant with us.

-Razimuth

I mean Potatus, damn phone autocorrect.

Kief
09-09-2020, 05:00 AM
Seal Team are 100% the problem with this entire Project. There is no reason to have "super fat uber nerd guild #1" that monopolizes everything and results in the staff having to enforce taking turns and all that extra work bullshit.

If people played for fun and to enjoy themselves while shooting the shit with others in the community instead of trying to build some uber mega ultimate elf character in full unstoppable raid dragon ballz shit - there wouldn't be a need for all the extra horseshit. And the staff could do all kinds of cool stuff for the community.

elkboot
09-09-2020, 05:15 AM
Seal Team are 100% the problem with this entire Project. There is no reason to have "super fat uber nerd guild #1" that monopolizes everything and results in the staff having to enforce taking turns and all that extra work bullshit.

If people played for fun and to enjoy themselves while shooting the shit with others in the community instead of trying to build some uber mega ultimate elf character in full unstoppable raid dragon ballz shit - there wouldn't be a need for all the extra horseshit. And the staff could do all kinds of cool stuff for the community.

charmcitysking
09-09-2020, 08:22 AM
I'm in a guild that competes with ST for 7-day stuff, camps, etc. Can't really blame people for wanting to be the best at things. If you want a participation trophy, there's plenty of TLP servers around.

Ratchet51
09-09-2020, 01:54 PM

It needed to be said.

Tankwipe
09-09-2020, 03:49 PM

your expectations are unreasonable. you're nice, but this is not how rl nerds work

kaev
09-09-2020, 04:28 PM
your expectations are unreasonable. you're nice, but this is not how rl nerds work

no no no. His expectations are entirely reasonable. Unfortunately, most people are assholes.

DoodyLich666
09-09-2020, 04:42 PM
Everybody needs a chance in their life to flex on fools. Most nerds only get to do it in the pixelized realms. I get it.

Tankwipe
09-09-2020, 04:55 PM
no no no. His expectations are entirely reasonable. Unfortunately, most people are assholes.

if most people are assholes then your expectation should be that they behave like assholes
therefore your expectations are unreasonable, if well-meaning

Videri
09-09-2020, 07:28 PM
OP: it's my understanding the <Castle> members were not linking their own gear in some attempt to show off. They were linking items that had just dropped on the joint Sky raid that was happening at the time. It wasn't bragging...it was just sharing the wonder and joy of EverQuest.

As to the KS attempt, please send me or another officer screenshots and we will take appropriate action.

Videri
09-09-2020, 07:35 PM
Maybe the OP could be a little more understanding.

Nuggiebro, I appreciate that you are encouraging the OP to be more understanding.

Also note that castle sends tells to randoms that are unguilded with invite offers. Not the best way to get high quality people, but a good way to get a high volume and weed out the weak.

Ok, we do NOT do this. We don't even recruit. We just accept applications. Each new applicant undergoes an interview and is briefed on our rules. Lots of people ask to join the guild and we vet them first.

Nuggie, can you tell me why you think we send "send tells to randoms that are unguilded with invite offers"? To my knowledge, we have never done that. During the first month of the server, we recruited via /ooc, like many guilds did. We haven't done that in a very long time. And certainly never unsolicited tells.

Lastly, people are free to report individual <Castle> members who aren't living up to our reputation as upstanding gentle-elves. Officers will try to hear all sides of the story and take some sensible action. However, we will not take action against any member without proof.

Nuggie
09-10-2020, 12:36 AM
Maybe you don't. But my son got a recruitment tell randomly the other day. If you really want I can go up to his laptop tomorrow and pull logs(assuming they're on, probably not... that would be frustrating).

Videri
09-10-2020, 12:46 AM
Maybe you don't. But my son got a recruitment tell randomly the other day. If you really want I can go up to his laptop tomorrow and pull logs(assuming they're on, probably not... that would be frustrating).

From whom? I'm going to guess it was from someone who had grouped with him and thought he'd be a good fit.

Grilledcheezus
09-10-2020, 02:45 AM

Maybe monopolizing all the high end content/gear is ST's definition of fun? Sure, if you're trying to get some raid pixels for your toon, it might be annoying to have a "super fat uber nerd guild #1" that locks everything down on an emulated version of a 20+ year old game, but let em shine if they want to put in the time.

Zal22
09-10-2020, 02:47 AM

Guessing you will be banned for boxing soon. "Son" , "Go up to his laptop" & prob no logs. Lol

Videri
09-10-2020, 03:08 AM
Guessing you will be banned for boxing soon. "Son" , "Go up to his laptop" & prob no logs. Lol

No need to attack him. He’s just another P99er trying to bring sanity and accuracy to these forum wastelands.

Zoggren
09-10-2020, 07:01 AM
Everybody needs a chance in their life to flex on fools. Most nerds only get to do it in the pixelized realms. I get it.

This is where they put forth their time and effort to become strong, capable, and able to flex on others who don't dedicate the same amount of time to their craft. Just like a weight lifter in the gym, or a stylish dressing person with their wardrobe and amazing hair. Many top players make huge sacrifices in their lives to be where they are. There is always a machismo element to the community of anyone in the top tier. Nerds are no different than jocks in this manner.

Nuggie
09-10-2020, 09:21 AM

Accusing someone who has had a dream of having a gaming buddy with his kid(both, but the older one wasn't interested) for 10 years of boxing... how ... cliche of you. You can do better than that.

Nirgon
09-10-2020, 01:17 PM

If you apologize for this comment, I can get you a seat at the big boys table

Kief
09-11-2020, 07:03 AM
Appologize for what Nirgon brother? It's a concise and accurate depiction of the state of affairs past and present.

I haven't logged in since my wounds IRL have healed up (work related accident) but i'm sure not much has changed.

But yeah I wish you the best in any endeavors regardless homie.

Kief (Keeth)

Krone90
09-11-2020, 08:21 AM
If you apologize for this comment, I can get you a seat at the big boys table O boi the big boy table o boy o boy, you mean the table you all play whos hand is that under?, "yo edgar is that your hand on my leg"
" maybe ill tell you if you tell me what your hand is doing /smirk"

Nirgon
09-12-2020, 04:07 AM
Sick guy

Vostok
09-12-2020, 09:01 PM

I'm an uber mega ultimate barbarian character, not an elf. You fucking normie get it right