PDA

View Full Version : OT Hammer - Less avail on Green

Seducio
09-03-2020, 12:07 AM
There will be significantly less OT Hammers on Green than Blue.

The change earlier this year with Puppet Strings recharge cost to 20k will make it so there will be significantly less OT Hammers out there on this server. Comparatively the Puppet Strings recharge only cost 800plat on Blue.

So if you want an OT Hammer the old fashioned way be careful with your faction in Howling Stones and Karnor's out the gate.

There won't be an easy fix for folks who trash VS faction this time around. It'll be expensive if you don't care about faction and want an OT Hammer.

The corollary is that the value of Sarnak War Braids will be much higher on Green than on Blue.

Evil characters require 124-144 War Braids depending on race/class to go from Apprehensive to Amiable.

Good characters won't have an easy non-expensive way to get the hammer.

Enchanters and Necromancers are unaffected.

Videri
09-03-2020, 12:59 AM
And Bards! And great post.

Jimjam
09-03-2020, 02:04 AM
Inc sarnak berserker drama and influx of innoruuk & pals aligned toons?

Bardp1999
09-03-2020, 02:48 AM
every melee having an OT hammer is immersion breaking, do the time to grind or keep a WC cap handy

kudlezz
09-03-2020, 04:24 AM
fewer*

Gooch
09-03-2020, 07:35 AM
fewer*

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RGWiTvYZR_w

Izmael
09-03-2020, 07:53 AM
Tag a few Tal / Sev / Gore kills and VS faction should be good, no?

Or a couple of VP clears if that's an option for you.

Fammaden
09-03-2020, 08:20 AM
Tag a few Tal / Sev / Gore kills and VS faction should be good, no?

Or a couple of VP clears if that's an option for you.

Wiki says these are ten VS faction per kill, unless someone can confirm they are something much higher.

If you end up in VP you're likely in a guild with a couple puppet strings of their own, people are charging like 5k per click on blue I think which sucks but isn't unobtainable. Under the circumstances I can see guilds doing big hammer sessions and tashing/malo'ing him to help save charges.

Seducio
09-03-2020, 09:50 AM
What a terrible word fewer is. Fewest is even worse. Few is a word that is lucky it gets to exist in the first place.

Less is way better than fewer in every circumstance.

More people understand the word less even in situations where fewer has a grammatical tradition.

Fuck fewer. It won't survive. Long live less.

DMN
09-03-2020, 10:44 AM
I'm not sure about that.

Less almost always requires qualification( more words) to be understood.

Gooch
09-03-2020, 10:52 AM
Less is measured
Fewer is counted

BarnabusCollins
09-03-2020, 10:58 AM
With 40-50% of the green population running ShowEQ off a 2nd device so its untraceable - you can forget a sarnak berserker being up for more than 30 seconds. Yes it's just as, or more toxic, of a server, than predicted.

Seducio
09-03-2020, 01:00 PM
Fewer has a dreadful refined quality unnecessary for most comparison.

For the prim and proper among you go ahead and say fewer.

Less is straight up the superior word.

Folks like less better.

Battle has been going on hundreds of years:

https://www.grammarphobia.com/blog/2010/12/less-fewer.html

Nuggie
09-03-2020, 02:24 PM
With 40-50% of the green population running ShowEQ off a 2nd device so its untraceable - you can forget a sarnak berserker being up for more than 30 seconds. Yes it's just as, or more toxic, of a server, than predicted.

I think you vastly over estimate the amount of people who view a habit like that worthwhile enough to learn the skills necessary to make it happen. If it were wide spread in guilds the guild-moles would quickly turn that guild in to the GM's for an easy "win" for their team for the week.

bubur
09-03-2020, 05:52 PM
What a terrible word fewer is. Fewest is even worse. Few is a word that is lucky it gets to exist in the first place.

Less is way better than fewer in every circumstance.

More people understand the word less even in situations where fewer has a grammatical tradition.

Fuck fewer. It won't survive. Long live less.

Thoughts on fewy? or fewey depending on region. These [items] shall have the natural inclination due to converging circumstances to be fewey here.

Luigi
09-03-2020, 07:08 PM
Yea theres over a dozen npcs that give back items recharged on p99 still

sorry if you spent a week farming braids

Seducio
09-03-2020, 07:38 PM
Thoughts on fewy? or fewey depending on region. These [items] shall have the natural inclination due to converging circumstances to be fewey here.

phooey

Seducio
09-03-2020, 07:39 PM
Yea theres over a dozen npcs that give back items recharged on p99 still

sorry if you spent a week farming braids

Recharging didn't go away on Green. It became cost prohibitive.

GinnasP99
09-03-2020, 07:41 PM
Shoutout to potion of the bone field.

Baler
09-03-2020, 08:25 PM
I don't think OT hammers will be an issue on green.

People will just need to faction for the outpost early on instead of paying 2k for a clickie charm.

Vdaria
09-03-2020, 09:56 PM
how are good races supposed to do the quest

Fammaden
09-03-2020, 10:40 PM

Someone hands you a https://wiki.project1999.com/Puppet_Strings then you click until the quest NPC is charmed, once he's your charmed pet you can turn in the jade and complete the quest. Then you give back the strings, rinse/repeat. On blue the typical minimum to try this is level 50 and many MQ'ers use tash and/or malo to help because every resist is a charge burned for nothing.

This used to be fairly affordable but with the recharge changes the strings cost like 20k to recharge (recharging more at one time would help offset the costs). So like on blue now guild prices tend to be something like 2.5k per click and extra costs incurred if you have to click more than once due to resists. I think people selling for profit are even higher than that.

This will be a required raider item for ST/K/Ven before you know it, count on that. But you're maining a mage so you have far bigger problems about to face you as your classes life starts to suck ass progressively for the rest of the timeline. GL HF.

Wiff
09-03-2020, 11:48 PM
People will just need to faction for the outpost early on instead of paying 2k for a clickie charm.

Therein lies the rub though. Under these circumstances, it'll be a total mad rush for berserkers. Honestly, even if you had to pay 3-4k due to being outside of a guild with 2 Puppet Strings, the alternative is spending an absurd amount of time FTE racing in OT for 1.25 faction per quest item.

Sacer
09-04-2020, 12:28 AM
People that think you can just faction on sarnak berserker are in for a surprise, I did it once on a DE so I wasn't kos to begin with and it took forever, pretty sure I started killing those in the low 30 until almost level 50. It was good exp but mostly because no competition, on green it will be hell.

But the fact that you can buy a OT hammer MQ for around 5k plat is not too bad considering how gamechanging the hammer is. And once VP release if you somehow can get a key you can faction quickly for free even if max kos.

Swish
09-04-2020, 01:13 AM
Be an enchanter, necro or bard...charm the NPC and all of this will go away <3

Castle2.0
09-04-2020, 01:31 AM
First, everyone and their mother got a DE mask. No one with a DE mask needs to worry. Factioning as DE ain't that bad.

Second,

With 40-50% of the green population running ShowEQ off a 2nd device so its untraceable - you can forget a sarnak berserker being up for more than 30 seconds. Yes it's just as, or more toxic, of a server, than predicted. I thought I was just paranoid, but I guess I am not alone. Didn't think of it until I ran into a guy again I previously suspected as a SEQ'er (Wandfather sniping red wood wands in OOT - always knew who was where even when characters were across the ocean) and my suspicions were confirmed. But what can ya do?

silo32
09-04-2020, 02:12 AM
Took me a day to farm braids on an agnostic de wizard to ge a hammer. moot

Sacer
09-04-2020, 02:32 AM
Took me a day to farm braids on an agnostic de wizard to ge a hammer. moot

Unless there was a nerf between when you did it and when I did it you're lying, it takes around 500 faction to get to amiable, wich is 400 braids. You're telling me you killed 400+ sarnak berzerker in a day????

BarnabusCollins
09-04-2020, 07:16 AM
I'm not sure if I've ever played a online rpg that didnt have cheaters, to be honest. I still enjoyed them all. Back on the subject, to get T hammer on a good race non ENC youre gonna need to fork out the recharge money, which is 1/10th of 20k (2k)- same price as blue, correct?

Dildy
09-04-2020, 08:16 AM
I thought I was just paranoid, but I guess I am not alone. Didn't think of it until I ran into a guy again I previously suspected as a SEQ'er (Wandfather sniping red wood wands in OOT - always knew who was where even when characters were across the ocean) and my suspicions were confirmed. But what can ya do?

False. You were the one incessantly clicking my vendors after my RWW quads. Get a life. Your baseless information is a flaccid attempt to tarnish my reputation. I knew where everyone was in OOT because of the many attempts from people to steal my wands.

Artelius

Dreenk317
09-04-2020, 08:23 AM
There will be significantly less OT Hammers on Green than Blue.

The change earlier this year with Puppet Strings recharge cost to 20k will make it so there will be significantly less OT Hammers out there on this server. Comparatively the Puppet Strings recharge only cost 800plat on blue

Wrong, recharge costs are the same on both servers. But let's spout more misinformation and start more rumors, shall we?

Did you guys know that fippy darkpaw has a .01% chance of dropping both red and white dragon scales? According to lore, he passes secret love notes between Lady Vox and Lord Nagafen. And sometimes is rewarded with pieces of treasure, i.e. dragon scales.

BlackBellamy
09-04-2020, 09:44 AM
The only thing that matters is how easy it is to get an OT hammer now on Green vs back in 2000 on Bertox. Comparing Blue vs Green or Green now vs Blue before is meaningless.

7thGate
09-04-2020, 09:54 AM

If you have sneak, you can use Harmony+Sneak to do warbraid turnins.

If you have a guise you can use DE illusion.

You can get a necro to duel you with Ignite Bones or borrow an Amulet of Necropotence to improve faction to allow for braid turnins and to remove a significant amount of the faction needed from the final turnin as well.

Auld Lang Syne didn't have strings for most of the guilds lifetime, most of us still got hammers. Its very doable.

Vdaria
09-04-2020, 10:16 AM
You can get a necro to duel you with Ignite Bones or borrow an Amulet of Necropotence to improve faction to allow for braid turnins and to remove a significant amount of the faction needed from the final turnin as well.

Auld Lang Syne didn't have strings for most of the guilds lifetime, most of us still got hammers. Its very doable.

Awesome I didn't know Skeleton illusion increased your faction with VS, that was the piece I was missing.

But you're maining a mage so you have far bigger problems about to face you as your classes life starts to suck ass progressively for the rest of the timeline. GL HF. Tell me about it, although I did win a dozekar for my guild on blue once as a mage, so that was pretty fun.

Castle2.0
09-04-2020, 10:32 AM
Wandfather = Artelius....interesting....

You're in OOT... you log off... sniper mule in OOT logs on... like clockwork.

I knew where everyone was in OOT Interesting... since OOT is a huge zone, and Wizards don't have track. I am not sure any amount of game experience is going to tell you where everyone is in OOT at any point in time....

I guess justice was served. You paid a huge premium for Puppet Strings before they got nerfed. Ha, excellent. JUSTICE!

Seducio
09-04-2020, 11:07 AM
Wrong, recharge costs are the same on both servers. But let's spout more misinformation and start more rumors, shall we?

Did you guys know that fippy darkpaw has a .01% chance of dropping both red and white dragon scales? According to lore, he passes secret love notes between Lady Vox and Lord Nagafen. And sometimes is rewarded with pieces of treasure, i.e. dragon scales.

Comparatively the Puppet Strings recharge only cost 800plat on Blue prior to the change.

The only thing that matters is how easy it is to get an OT hammer now on Green vs back in 2000 on Bertox. Comparing Blue vs Green or Green now vs Blue before is meaningless.

A sizeable chunk of Green players are former Blue players. If a Blue player acquired their OT Hammer prior to the recharge cost change then they may have an expectation of getting one on Green that will have different economics. It was worth noting.

Bigdaddy48
09-04-2020, 03:32 PM
Wandfather = Artelius....interesting....

You're in OOT... you log off... sniper mule in OOT logs on... like clockwork.

Interesting... since OOT is a huge zone, and Wizards don't have track. I am not sure any amount of game experience is going to tell you where everyone is in OOT at any point in time....

I guess justice was served. You paid a huge premium for Puppet Strings before they got nerfed. Ha, excellent. JUSTICE!

YOU GOT JACKED UP SON.

Coming for your gnoll scrolls next

Baler
09-04-2020, 03:35 PM
Can anyone confirm some information for me please...
Which races are more welcome at the outpost? I heard dark elves?
Which deities are more welcome at the outpost?

---
Mask of Deception & Guise of the Deceiver, should help.

I counted precisely how many Sarnak War Braids it takes to go from Indifferent to Amiable. It takes 20 sets, for a grand total of 80 Braids. This is based off of exactly when I transitioned from Apprehensive to Amiable, as an agnostic halfling rogue using dark elf illusion from a mask of deception.

Unfortunately I don't know how deep into apprehensive I was when I started, but it took approximately 80 braids to move from apprehensive to indifferent without having hurt or raised the faction in any way.

This should provide a good guideline for evils wanting to gauge their progress if they're doing this the old fashion way though the sarnak braids quest.

GinnasP99
09-04-2020, 05:17 PM
Agnostic erudite wizard starts app I think, but you'll be playing a wizard

Seducio
09-04-2020, 05:35 PM
My Ogre Shaman had a starting faction of Apprehensive towards VenrilSathir.

After collecting and turning in 44 Sarnak War Braids, I became Indifferent.

After collecting and turning in an additonal 80 Sarnak War Braids, I became Amiable.

Thus it takes a total 124 Sarnak War Braids to get to Amiable from starting faction point

124 War Braids for an Ogre Shaman back in 2013 on Blue

mcoy
09-04-2020, 07:03 PM
I did 132 war braids on Erudite SK. I know I did a couple turn ins after getting the hammer though because it was still decent xp in my 40s.

-Mcoy

Raev
09-04-2020, 07:25 PM
For the 1%, Veeshan's Peak dragons give huge amounts of VS faction.

Anyway, a 20K recharge for Puppet Strings means 4K per charge, and if you are on the ball with tash and malo and charisma it's seldom more than that. I'd be surprised if the price was over 10K. Guilds will probably do them en masse for cost.

turbosilk
09-04-2020, 08:36 PM
every melee having an OT hammer is immersion breaking, do the time to grind or keep a WC cap handy

Not needing wizards and druids in the group to leave a dungeon harms the spirit of classic. The OT hammer should be at a minimum nerfed to quest only, made much much more expensive or ideally nerfed right out of the game.

Castle2.0
09-04-2020, 10:03 PM
YOU GOT JACKED UP SON.

Coming for your gnoll scrolls next I never lost a single wand. It was others telling me to beware and sharing pretty detailed info about Wandfather and his sniper-mules.

Lol, this brought a smile to my face. Come at me bro ;)

bubur
09-04-2020, 10:33 PM
i think we should give everyone that wants to play eq a lobotomy that reverts them back to the critical thinking and problem solving of a 12-14 year old

would be good for my immersion, and i think the technology exists. look up burr holes

no nevermind dont its not worth the joke i was making but im not un-typing it and i cant help it im pressing post