PDA

View Full Version : What kind of gear gap is there between Velious and Kunark?

VincentVolaju
08-31-2020, 03:25 AM
So with Kunark approaching in a couple months, many people are trying to offload their inventories / items like SSoY, Mith 2 Handers, Rubi pieces etc. to get as much $$$ for them now while they can before Kunark items starting coming into the market and drastically dropping the prices on the classic items.

I was wondering.... will the same thing happen to the Kunark items, once Velious releases? Or are most of the Velious No Drop from raids and quests?

Jimjam
08-31-2020, 03:40 AM
Honestly the good stuff in kunark is still pretty decent 1-60 in Velious. 99% of Velious was dead day 1 of Blue! I don’t think Green will be in pure Kunark mode long enough for the economy to really settle down properly before velious drops - for many players it will feel like a pretty fluid progression.

People spent years in Kunark on Blue. Hopefully the faster release on Velious for Green will mean the mid game stuff gets more attention. Ry Gorr was all the rage on live, but largely untouched on blue.

The Velious release on Green will really show how different the server is to Blue.

Izmael
08-31-2020, 04:19 AM
Kunark droppable gear is a lot about clickies... most of them remain pretty relevant with Velious.

Velious is a lot about big stats on nodrop items.

I don't think Velious being released impacts Kunark gear prices all that brutally, except maybe for the weapons.

Jibartik
08-31-2020, 04:41 AM
Well I remember Hero cloak went from a standard 75k to 30 pretty much right out the gate, iirc what's it at now?

Im sure there were more items that I cant remember. Anyone?

Soothsayer
09-01-2020, 01:49 PM
The price drops on Kunark items won't be as drastic because many Kunark tradeable items remain quite viable due to a lack of direct and easy-to-obtain tradeable upgrades. There are exceptions - for instance, Sarnak warhammers will become drastically less expensive when Frostbringer becomes available, etc.