PDA

View Full Version : Green Recycle - Has it been decided?

Arkaan
08-29-2020, 04:40 PM
Sorry If this was already covered. I couldn't find it.

Has it been decided what will happen to characters and items during the green recycle event?

It is this lack of info that has kept me on blue. I do want to play on green, but not if my characters and items will be completely lost.

Will manastones etc from green be allowed to be transferred to blue? What about characters and their names?

kaev
08-29-2020, 05:18 PM
I don't know of anything set in stone myself. But since I play with all toons on a single account (oldschool, lol) I simply made a second account for green chars. It doesn't bother me at all that my blue char names will not be present on green.

douglas1999
08-29-2020, 05:35 PM
I believe they initially said that when a character on green is rolled into blue, there will be some mechanism for renaming if they are identical. As far as legacy items, I'm not sure. I don't think they've stated anything concretely because it's a complex issue and there are several years still to figure it out and get things right

cd288
08-29-2020, 10:08 PM
All items and plat will remain with the character when they merge it with blue

iamrabbit
08-30-2020, 02:49 PM
You can read the post from the GM explaining that green will be rolled into blue..

bubur
08-30-2020, 03:56 PM
they've been clear of intention since day 1, but probly depends on what the general sense is in the next 2 years when the timeline is done.. would imagine we'll all be ready to do it all over again then and will take it

Videri
08-30-2020, 08:40 PM
Of course they don't just get deleted. Green characters get moved to Blue at the end of the timeline. No one would be playing if they thought their Green characters would just be deleted.

If the staff decide not to merge Green into Blue for whatever reason, they won't wipe the server. They never do.

From the original post (https://www.project1999.com/forums/showthread.php?t=333743):
Green Lifetime
The green server will, at a time yet to be decided, eventually merge into blue and start over again. This merge will not happen until at least 6 months after the last patch in velious (No earlier than January 2023).

"Merge into blue" means they move the characters (and yeah, their items) onto the Blue server, allowing you to play the characters you raised on Green forever on Blue; and start a new server on the Green hardware.

Baler
08-30-2020, 11:11 PM
My hope is that Green will dump into blue after 6 months of the final patch.
Then Green starts fresh with all the bug fixes and classic improvements found during Green(2019).

turbosilk
08-30-2020, 11:12 PM
Of course they don't just get deleted. Green characters get moved to Blue at the end of the timeline. No one would be playing if they thought their Green characters would just be deleted.

If the staff decide not to merge Green into Blue for whatever reason, they won't wipe the server. They never do.

I thought Rogean had a more recent post stating it's tbd if green will merge with blue.
From the original post (https://www.project1999.com/forums/showthread.php?t=333743):

"Merge into blue" means they move the characters (and yeah, their items) onto the Blue server, allowing you to play the characters you raised on Green forever on Blue; and start a new server on the Green hardware.

turbosilk
08-30-2020, 11:15 PM

It's very misleading to post this post and ignore Rogeans post immediately below it...

Server Merge - The staff has had considerable discussion internally regarding the merging of Green into Blue at the end of the timeline. We've heard your concerns. At this time, we haven't made a final decision, but we have also decided that we will leave the door open. A lot can change in 3 years, and we may chose to leave Green running independently as we open additional servers in the future.

kaev
08-31-2020, 01:22 AM
It's very misleading to post this post and ignore Rogeans post immediately below it...

Server Merge - The staff has had considerable discussion internally regarding the merging of Green into Blue at the end of the timeline. We've heard your concerns. At this time, we haven't made a final decision, but we have also decided that we will leave the door open. A lot can change in 3 years, and we may chose to leave Green running independently as we open additional servers in the future.

Been wondering just how long it would take for somebody to point that out. Having trouble figuring out the agenda of all the folks who deliberately look away from that post. Folr whatever reason it must comfort them to pretend it doesn't exist.

Videri
09-01-2020, 05:05 PM

Oh wow, I never noticed that post. Welp, that explains why people keep asking if the Green-to-Blue merge is happening after all. And once again, we must refer to the words of the staff: "we will leave the door open. A lot can change in 3 years, and we may chose to leave Green running independently as we open additional servers in the future." So, no update and nobody will know until we get closer to the date.

Videri
09-01-2020, 05:06 PM
Been wondering just how long it would take for somebody to point that out. Having trouble figuring out the agenda of all the folks who deliberately look away from that post. Folr whatever reason it must comfort them to pretend it doesn't exist.

I don't know about others, but as for me, I just didn't notice it.

cd288
09-01-2020, 06:18 PM
I doubt they would keep multiple servers open like that. It’s expensive and we simply don’t have the player base to sustain it in terms of population numbers. I would be surprised if Green doesn’t end up merging with Blue when they start a new Green

BarnabusCollins
09-01-2020, 07:30 PM
Was Teal on a separate physical server or same box as green? If so just make green 2 that box. Regardless I had no lag on either server so it should work to not have to merge to ancient blue.

turbosilk
09-01-2020, 09:28 PM
I doubt they would keep multiple servers open like that. It’s expensive and we simply don’t have the player base to sustain it in terms of population numbers. I would be surprised if Green doesn’t end up merging with Blue when they start a new Green

If money meant anything Red would have been closed years ago.

Coridan
09-01-2020, 10:59 PM
Red is probably on the same server as Blue, with it's population I doubt it uses as much bandwith as one zone on Blue.

Torpor
09-01-2020, 11:23 PM
A lot can change in 3 years, and we may chose to leave Green running independently as we open additional servers in the future. - Rogean

Sounds like either merge from green into blue with items/plat intact, or keep green running separately. Either way that's more than 2 years from now, I'd say go for it OP and enjoy gaming on green for now.

cd288
09-01-2020, 11:55 PM
If money meant anything Red would have been closed years ago.

Except no. Red is a completely different rule set server (I.e. PVP). That’s why they keep it up. If it was just another PVE server I doubt they’d keep it up. I expect they will keep Blue as the server that every progression server merges into and then have another classic progression timeline server going through the overall timeline. Red will exist because they want to keep a PVP server up.

Nuggie
09-02-2020, 12:46 AM
You guys aren't recalling, or weren't around enough to care about, the context of Rog's post. At the time there was great furor about dealing items on Blue(manastone) with Green items as well as something about merging raid scenes.

I took Rog's post as a sly "we will leave it open to internal discussion" post to quiet the bitching. If you follow the track record of the server admin's decisions they very rarely ever weigh player opinions(which are over represented by the vocal minority) more than very lightly. I believe they will still do what they want to do despite what a small vocal minority want, as they mostly always have.

I don't have much of an agenda as I'm hoping to be playing Panth or AoC by the end of the Green timeline.

Evets
09-02-2020, 10:53 AM

This... Unless they're expecting official eq servers to shut down in the next few years. Keeping green and blue would probably cripple at least one of the servers when a new one opens.

Videri
09-02-2020, 04:07 PM
I do want to play on green, but not if my characters and items will be completely lost.

They won't. They either get moved over to Blue (yes, items too, of course) or stay on Green.

Will manastones etc from green be allowed to be transferred to blue? What about characters and their names?

Of course. Why would the staff transfer certain items and not others? The staff doesn't care what items we have or don't have. They don't care about the economy or the price of any item, from manastones to bone chips.