PDA

View Full Version : Jeldorin healing for 162 instead of 180?

Snaggles
08-27-2020, 11:30 AM
ZAM is down at the moment but I recall a poster from the early 2000’s noting it heals for 180. Is this working as intended or was it inadvertently nerfed with the healing patch?

I just got one so my apologies if this has been discussed. I dug around a bit but didn’t see the thread.

Droxx
08-27-2020, 11:56 AM
I think this falls in to the "feature" of heals being nerfed 10% for non-clerics. The issue is, it should only affect cleric castable heals, but it doesn't here. So 90% of 180 gets your 162 heal.

Snaggles
08-27-2020, 12:05 PM
Thanks Droxx!

Assumed that was the case but hoping to be a nice but squeaky wheel :).

Symbioticforks
10-12-2020, 06:08 PM
Yeah necro pet lifetap proc got hit by this unintended change as well.

Danth
10-28-2020, 07:54 PM
ZAM is down at the moment but I recall a poster from the early 2000’s noting it heals for 180. Is this working as intended or was it inadvertently nerfed with the healing patch?

I just got one so my apologies if this has been discussed. I dug around a bit but didn’t see the thread.

It is intended. Droxx is in this case mistaken (sorry!). The non-cleric penalty did indeed affect click effects and procs. Jeldorin originally healed for 162 until the Luclin-era non-cleric heal penalty was removed. This is the same reason as why the invigorate click chestplates healed for 90, not 100, until the same luclin-era patch.

Danth

Baler
10-28-2020, 07:57 PM
Sort of related... I've been an advocate for the heal numbers on the wiki to remain in a 100% form. I feel it's upon the players to understand that non-cleric get's 90% heal efficiency. Fortunately threads have not come up in mass regarding this but every so often people ask why their heal isn't what they think it should be.
I fear if the numbers on the wiki are changed to their 90% value where applicable it would send the confusing to the opposite end of the table. People who know about the non-cleric mechanic may think in this example that number is 90% of the 90% shown. Wordy, hopefully this latter part made sense.

Danth
10-28-2020, 07:59 PM
Sort of related... I've been an advocate for the heal numbers on the wiki to remain in a 100% form. I feel it's upon the players to understand that non-cleric get's 90% heal efficiency. Fortunately threads have not come up in mass regarding this but every so often people ask why their heal isn't what they think it should be.

I would take this on a case-by-case basis. For things like Jeldorin or the Invigorate click items, I see little reason not to list them at their real value (162 and 90, respectively) because Clerics cannot use those items anyway. Hence in such cases listing the spelldata file value will only cause needless confusion. It's a stickier matter when you're talking about spells used by both Clerics and other classes.

Danth

Baler
10-28-2020, 08:17 PM
It would seem that the Jeldorin's spell page was changed 8 October 2019‎ (https://wiki.project1999.com/index.php?title=Knight%27s_Blessing&action=history) to show the 90% number.

@OP the p99 wiki is superior to zam in several ways. Era accuracy, p99 relevance and such. Zam's era accuracy is very bad.

Snaggles
10-29-2020, 04:08 AM
Hey works for me so long as it’s on track for attempt at classic :). Thanks for the info all!