PDA

View Full Version : Green - Kunark - and /list

BarnabusCollins
08-23-2020, 07:43 AM
Having (prenerf) fungus covered great staff staff as a /list only item, in my opinion, caters to only the 1. methamphetamine users and 2. account sharers. Bad idea in my opinion, thoughts?

greenspectre
08-23-2020, 08:22 AM
It's better than one guild locking down the camp for its entire lifespan, which would happen if /list wasn't a thing.

Phaezed-Reality
08-23-2020, 08:32 AM
It's better than one guild locking down the camp for its entire lifespan, which would happen if /list wasn't a thing.

still gonna happen im afraid.

Baler
08-23-2020, 08:50 AM
REMOVE THEM FROM THE LIST IF THEIR IP CHANGES

Snortles Chortles
08-23-2020, 09:13 AM
doesn’t stop holed up trailer park neckbeards swapping out IRL players during fungus shifts
(LOL)

Castle2.0
08-23-2020, 09:17 AM

Thanks for BadSuggestionToFixList #2931

Neckbeards gonna neckbeard, like criminals gonna criminal.

Your anti 2nd Amendment laws ain't gonna help the innocent, only the criminals.

Neckbeards gonna have VPN with dedicated IP they can log into to keep the same IP on shared list toon.

Average Joe with dynamic IP from his ISP is gonna flip out.

Castle2.0
08-23-2020, 09:20 AM
These heavy-handed policy proposals amount to nothing more than elf government overreach.

We need innovative approaches like taking up all the cool list names so neckbeards feel less awesome in their neckbeardy /listing ways.

For example, I got the name Listking and Thelist.

Any more common sense policy suggestions for the loot table issues everyday elf families care about?

M.J.
08-23-2020, 12:30 PM
We still don't know what the level requirements are for /listing kunark camps. Make key mobs for sebilis spawn faster (UNCLASSIC) and make Static HS Key mobs /list fodder at 53 and all that will happen is EXP camps will be handed off in guild rather than those suspected /list camps early on. But we all know camp hand offs are going to happen regardless.

I think a lot of people are banking on Teal coming out to make their kunark dreams possible, and I would laugh my ass off if teal transfers were reserved for under 49s and those over 56. As there is a ton of content for people in that level range in Kunark.

The high end / ahead of the masses crowd is already getting catered to with /list functions, so if they do bother adding them to zones that take potentially FTE mob rules for guilds to enter... there are plenty of ways for staff to earthquake away Guild monopolies of /list items.

RecondoJoe
08-23-2020, 03:17 PM
Neckbeards gonna have VPN with dedicated IP they can log into to keep the same IP on shared list toon

Static IP is about $5/month, and a lot of services offer the first month free, lol.

Feracitus
08-23-2020, 04:16 PM
it wouldnt really be that hard to uniquely id a player if only a bit invasive =) you can tool around with ip, aint so easy to do the same with your cpu serial number.

Albane
08-23-2020, 04:47 PM
Having (prenerf) fungus covered great staff staff as a /list only item, in my opinion, caters to only the 1. methamphetamine users and 2. account sharers. Bad idea in my opinion, thoughts?

Make the item NoDrop. Problem solved.

Naxy
08-23-2020, 06:33 PM
Make the item NoDrop. Problem solved.

^^^

Jibartik
08-23-2020, 07:18 PM
Make the drop rate so that if it was killed, every spawn, every day until it's nerfed... to be around 3. Then we'd be simulating classic a bit more.

Just a thought but maybe that woulda been a beter solution to the mask and stuff, instead of everyone getting them that is willing to put in the time, if we're simulating classic here, lets simulate the insane rarity that people would obtain those items?

Would people wait for a guise if it took 2-4 weeks to maybe see one? Idk.

M.J.
08-23-2020, 08:56 PM

Sebilis is going to be a nightmare that only rogues with plenty of instant gate items will fully enjoy. Really not comparable to Guise camp, which was casual friendly and often did die out most nights. Leaving non EST / Euros shit out of luck more often than not, a problem that was further compounded by people that treated it like an exp camp half the time who wiped both themselves and the /list.

Fungi camp is an exp camp, a cash camp, and more often than not the exit. If the staff was made an arbitrarily rare item, or no drop, that would just invite more drama and anguish and the exact sort of AFK check + FD to victory that often occurred at Guise. Which I'm sure many non-iksar Necros, monks, and SKs are fully okay with.

turbosilk
08-23-2020, 11:25 PM
The fun part about the king is to /list you have to be in his room.

cd288
08-23-2020, 11:59 PM
Why was this not posted in RnF? Has that quality to it

Arvan
08-24-2020, 12:10 AM
The dll probaby already has your HWID

HalflingSpergand
08-24-2020, 12:44 AM
https://i.imgur.com/HbSvYQV.gif

kaev
08-24-2020, 01:49 AM

lol, make then heroin addicts work not very hard really to get around something or other that can be gotten around fairly easily (hint: screenshare/remotedesktop)

kaev
08-24-2020, 01:59 AM
Make the drop rate so that if it was killed, every spawn, every day until it's nerfed... to be around 3. Then we'd be simulating classic a bit more.

Just a thought but maybe that woulda been a beter solution to the mask and stuff, instead of everyone getting them that is willing to put in the time, if we're simulating classic here, lets simulate the insane rarity that people would obtain those items?

Everybody who knew about Guise tried for it on live, and that was a lot of people. Leader of my first guild, a very casual guild, had rerolled his warrior after hitting 20 because, as it was at the time, ranger looked way better option (could wear the best droppable armor in the game, could do as much damage as a warrior, and had spells!). His ranger got a guise (he later RMT'd the account). He was far from the only casual player who got clued into the coolness of the Guise. There were many Guises in play on the server I played on, Tunare, which wasn't even one of the original release servers.

Manastones were pretty rare, but Guises & JBoots were not especially so.