PDA

View Full Version : Save them coppers

arsenalpow
08-18-2020, 09:08 PM
https://i.imgur.com/WCHpZGb.jpg

Swish
08-18-2020, 09:21 PM
It's bad, but I'd prefer that over having to be super nice to the BDA loot council to get pixels.

douglas1999
08-18-2020, 09:22 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L94M4xQcPYk

Trexller
08-18-2020, 09:34 PM
this should work

nothing unsavory ever happens to a guild's bank

mr_jon3s
08-18-2020, 09:46 PM
What server is BDA on? Phinny? Coirnav? Mangler? Aradune?

Nuggie
08-18-2020, 09:58 PM
Chest, if you hadn't been such a negative prick on the forums I probably would have made the switch to BDA, but you were. Like, I get it, you were trying to do the best you could for your guild. But you really weren't the person for the job. You turned away potential members. Good members. I hope you have since realized your shortcomings and have let someone else be the face of whatever guild you're gracing.

With Love,

-Nuggie

Snortles Chortles
08-18-2020, 10:10 PM
https://i.imgur.com/zowfyDK.jpg

MiRo2
08-18-2020, 10:18 PM
What does the extra 200pp a month get you other than a different label?

Trexller
08-18-2020, 10:33 PM
What does the extra 200pp a month get you other than a different label?

treasurer will be able to gear new alts.

ask not what your guild can do for you, but what you can do for your guilds officers!

Tankwipe
08-18-2020, 11:25 PM
:ohttps://i.imgur.com/zowfyDK.jpg

shuklak
08-18-2020, 11:28 PM
If you're gonna steal from naive eq players then there is plenty of case studies to show this is just poverty thinking. Way too much value left on the table with this nonsense.

GinnasP99
08-18-2020, 11:38 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i96VS_z8y7g

Scalem
08-18-2020, 11:57 PM
Nothing like taking your guild members money to get an early start on them kunark items.

kaev
08-19-2020, 12:45 AM
It's bad, but I'd prefer that over having to be super nice to the BDA loot council to get pixels.

Not being a dick was sufficient, but I guess that must've been beyond you.

cd288
08-19-2020, 12:55 AM
Lmao what guild is this? This is embarrassing and everyone should quit this guild immediately

Swish
08-19-2020, 01:08 AM
Not being a dick was sufficient, but I guess that must've been beyond you.

https://i.imgur.com/tRjbJd2.gif

Tethler
08-19-2020, 05:40 AM
https://i.imgur.com/WCHpZGb.jpg

Yikes.

drackgon
08-19-2020, 06:47 AM
This isn't much different then Seal teams right? Monthly Raider Provisioning Requirements. Helps guilds pay for hate/sky stones, or other raid needed items. Guild dues isn't uncommon in top raiding guilds.

From STs site
"Raider status Players must provide any combination of TWO of the following items (charged), during the previous month as part of their raid requirements. E.g. Deposit the items in May to meet June’s requirements--and yes, if you’re a bit late, once you’ve deposited June’s requirements, you’ll be flagged. You must provide items for which the month’s estimated quota has not yet been reached.

500 platinum pieces
Wooly Spider Silk Net
Reaper of the Dead
Shiny Brass Idol
Midnight Mallet
Lizard Blood Potion
Wand of Frost Bolts
Leatherfoot Raiders Skullcap
2x Fuligan Soulstone of Innoruuk
50 Peridots

These items will be used for recharges, hate ports, peridot refreshes, and other necessary activities. Raiders are expected to refresh their used items with our quartermaster during guild recharge sessions or whenever mutually convenient and necessary. The quartermaster will set the month’s estimated quota based on historic and projected usage, and we will continue to issue awarded provisioning requests on the forums for emergent support and material needs. Additional items beyond this requirement can be provided for SCP.

Falsifying satisfaction of your raider status requirements will be grounds for immediate removal from the guild."

Taxijoe
08-19-2020, 08:35 AM
The main difference between ST and AC i can see right away is you get a chance at getting dragons loot with the former and you mainly get a chance at being poorer with the latter ?

drackgon
08-19-2020, 09:34 AM
Not even in kingdom, but I am 100% sure Kingdom/federation has gotten plenty of targets. Would say its a 60/40 split. Some weeks are different. But I've watched ST and fed wipe = amount of times to targets even Phinny:)

Mistle
08-19-2020, 02:18 PM
Tiered membership dues rofl.

I have to have an honest answer from someone actually paying this. What is it you are actually getting from this arrangement? This is like Stockholm Syndrome holy shit.

strongNpretty
08-19-2020, 02:26 PM
Thank god I get to just login and play 1999 everquest and have it be just that simple... I realize everybody has their own way of enjoying this game.. But holy shit, membership dues?!

drackgon
08-19-2020, 02:33 PM
All raiding guilds have membership dues. Paid in X amount of your time raiding, we give electronic made up currency(that can easily be faked). Adding a value amount on top of that is again not unheard of. Most members in ST/Kingdom know before hand that they need X amount of PP worth of clickys just to earn said Electronic made up currency. I don't have time atm, but someone add up ec cost of, Reaper, Idol, 2x root nets, mallet, 5 dose frost pot, 2x 10 dose wort pots, SoW pot, 85 MR worth of gear(different per class/race), 2x ring of shadows, and whatever basic requirement I am missing. Guessing 8k? So doesn't suprise me Kingdom/ST does this.

Skarne
08-19-2020, 02:41 PM
The time is now...must...become...trusted...Kingdom Officer!!!

Skarne
08-19-2020, 02:42 PM
Which one of you is skimming off the top? Lemme in!

Tankwipe
08-19-2020, 02:47 PM
Thank god I get to just login and play 1999 everquest and have it be just that simple... I realize everybody has their own way of enjoying this game.. But holy shit, membership dues?!

Plaguu~
08-19-2020, 02:50 PM
Is there a guild on green where I can barely play and still get good loot? I would like to show up to raids to be hand held where to stand and what to cast and when. Then complain constantly about how everyone in charge is doing it wrong. I expect leadership to put their own money into the guild to pay for all guild expenses. If they don't spend at least 12 hours a day farming or managing the guild, they are removed from leadership. If anyone gets an item I feel I deserve over me I get to throw a tantrum and Gquit then reapply shortly after and expect to be warmly welcomed back.

Signed, Every entitled shitter on this server.

Nuggie
08-19-2020, 03:20 PM
Plaguu, obviously you're being facetious, but in the history of the server that has never been an option. Maybe on Red at some point when they were hurting for warm bodies?

Snortles Chortles
08-19-2020, 03:27 PM

douglas1999
08-19-2020, 03:42 PM
Can you just have pizzas delivered to the guild leader's house instead? Is that not currency?

drackgon
08-19-2020, 03:51 PM
Is there a guild on green where I can barely play and still get good loot? I would like to show up to raids to be hand held where to stand and what to cast and when. Then complain constantly about how everyone in charge is doing it wrong. I expect leadership to put their own money into the guild to pay for all guild expenses. If they don't spend at least 12 hours a day farming or managing the guild, they are removed from leadership. If anyone gets an item I feel I deserve over me I get to throw a tantrum and Gquit then reapply shortly after and expect to be warmly welcomed back.

Signed, Every entitled shitter on this server.

This^-^

Lostfaction
08-19-2020, 03:58 PM
Green isnt blue.. there is a severe lack of plat due to limited plat farms so much so that market prices have crashed as there are more items than alts in need.
On blue a fair amount of banks are funded from donations from liquidated accounts of people who quit and the people who pay high dollar for loot rights.
People aren't necessarily quitting green as they are holding on to the thought of maybe returning when kunark drops so you dont have that influx of donations as people ride into the sunset.

Plaguu~
08-19-2020, 04:02 PM
Green isnt blue.. there is a severe lack of plat due to limited plat farms so much so that market prices have crashed as there are more items than alts in need.
On blue a fair amount of banks are funded from donations from liquidated accounts of people who quit and the people who pay high dollar for loot rights.
People aren't necessarily quitting green as they are holding on to the thought of maybe returning when kunark drops so you dont have that influx of donations as people ride into the sunset.

Also since seafuries were nerfed since day one, the lack of raw platinum in the market is nothing compared to early blue.

Grimgor
08-19-2020, 04:12 PM
Sky/Hate stones and coffins don't pay for themselves. The alternative is to have everyone bring plat to pay for the Sky/Hate stones and Coffins every time one is used.

All the other competitive guilds on Green are also doing the same thing to pay for Sky/Hate stones and coffins. Seal Team members have been paying 1000 plat per month for a while now.

Lostfaction
08-19-2020, 04:24 PM
Guild coffers don't fund themselves. No one wants to see an AOF get sold to the tunnel gremlins but that is the alternative.

douglas1999
08-19-2020, 04:28 PM
Dead brad is lapping this up like sacred nectar in heaven or wherever mmo devs go

Tuljin
08-19-2020, 07:25 PM

Everybody's broke or hoarding all their money for Kunark. It'll be interesting to see how people can even continue to make payments to guild banks with what it will take to be "competitive" and "win" in Kunark. Guilds will need to let dragon droppables out of their clutches for top dollar and not for "guild prices" in intra-guild auctions. Clickies are super expensive to recharge and with what you need to pay in your "dues" its amazing it still adds up to be enough.

Time is limited, even for someone who plays EQ all day. There are only so many hours in a day and between needing to get XP (which is actually hard and takes tons of time in Kunark) and bogarting dragons and drops in the name of "competition" to get your DKP people will be hard pressed to meet both ~~~rAiD~~~ requirements and earning substantial sums of plat. Kinda like the way it is now...but worse lol

Kohedron
08-19-2020, 07:33 PM
/guildremove or get over it.

Zipity
08-19-2020, 07:35 PM
You can make 300pp in an hr on any class at lvl 50 in multiple ways... some even more and very easily.

BlackBellamy
08-19-2020, 11:02 PM
I give away more free shit every week than any guild could charge me in a month.

Woke Locc
08-19-2020, 11:03 PM
/guildremove or get over it.

So we should immigrate to a different guild if we don't like the guild we're in?

Huh.

kaev
08-19-2020, 11:46 PM
So we should immigrate to a different guild if we don't like the guild we're in?

Huh.

Yes, yes. You too can be a filthy guildhopper. Let the loathing for the leaders and their greedy rentier bullshittery flow thru you. You know you want to.

spiritsofrock
08-19-2020, 11:55 PM
You need to diversify your bonds

Trexller
08-20-2020, 12:52 AM
You need to diversify your bonds

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zhUnEg0he4A

mcoy
08-20-2020, 09:34 AM
You can make 300pp in an hr on any class at lvl 50 in multiple ways... some even more and very easily.

Details please.

-Mcoy

Bondrake
08-20-2020, 09:39 AM
Details please.

-Mcoy

Create a female High Elf and dance at tunnel.

Tuljin
08-20-2020, 09:39 AM
What's really interesting about this thread is that it was started by one of the biggest assholes to play on P99 and start this ridiculous ~~~rAiD~~~ escalation...8 years ago? 9?

You leave the server and come back and see that now people are charging dues for guild membership on top of other requirements. What happened is one guild started to do it, now everybody else does it. Nobody else did it before. This isn't "how it is." It's unprecedented on P99 and it is a very new phenomenon. It is another example of the -very- unclassic ~~~rAiD gUiLd~~~ escalation.

I mean, there was a period in time (a long period) where there were no "clicky requirements." Another example of escalation. When you throw 100 people at a target you don't even need to click shit.

What all the nubs on this server that sign up for this shit to coattail ride don't realize that what is really "classic" is a handful of Crowns of Riles on the entire server. Not...5 years of Kunark. Not "how many full BiS level 60s do you have after 5 years of NToV races." In "classic" EQ the idea of a fully BiS toon in an expansion besides a guild tank is absolutely laughable.

There are so many people lined up for this stupid shit and it is simply impossible for everybody to get loot on a truly "classic" timeline. So you make it "harder" to meet raid requirements, charge people -more- money to be in the guild, lots of people aren't getting -any- drops, then you....don't have warmbody nubs lining up to fill out your guild anymore.

I don't like the "entitled" nubs on Green. The /petition culture, the people reporting people for name violations, the camping individual spawns, blah blah, its so much different than the "wild west" of earlier days of Blue when people still understood the "rules" of EQ...not our understanding of the rules after 5+ years of ridiculous FTE races and carebear bullshit.

What happens is....these same "entitled" nubs start following the ever-escalating ~~~rAiD rEqUiReMeNtS~~~ of the now decade-old cabal that has been going pathetically "hard" on 20 year old dragons for far too long. These same "entitled" people are still "entitled" - - - they just now think that jumping through flaming hoops to get other people server first drops "entitles" them to loot instead of just sitting around bitching about it. The thing is - - - it doesn't. These people can't do shit on their own, it'll be amazing to see how many people on this box -will not- get to 60.

The "entitlement" actually comes from both sides. Why do the people who forum jockey and make spreadsheets all fucking day "deserve" drops over someone who puts their time in in Norrath? The answer? They don't "deserve" shit. They just make the fucking rules. The people "in charge" get the drops and continue to make/alter the rules so that they continue to get them.

Here's the thing - I'm not even "mad" about it. I simply don't participate. I know I don't "deserve" it and I'm not "entitled" at all. I will say though...that its fucking stupid. And that's just, like, my opinion, man. And a lot of people on P99 would agree (besides the nubs, of course, who have no understanding of anything different)

There won't be enough gear to go around on this box for how many mouths there are to feed. That is a fact.

Yes this is true...and this is how you get level 50 druids fucking quadding Oggok guards and fucking with peoples XP just to farm fine steel. Exactly what someone wants to do when they could be camping some ez bullshit AFK green mob for DKP or poopsocking for DKP or spending time at guild events getting attendance. Invest in DKP not coin

I give away more free shit every week than any guild could charge me in a month.

I mean sure dude...but what happens to all that shit you give away when you're in the rat race to be awarded loot all day. That's the point

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zhUnEg0he4A

This shit is hilarious

drackgon
08-20-2020, 09:43 AM
Ice giant camp you can make 300pp an hour or even more. But depends on luck Ice giant toes what 60-75pp each. Plus they drop 1-55 pp + Finesteel and gems.

Specs if your quading specs in Oasis 1/4 of them drop a reaper thats 15pp + gems/pp from each=300pp an hour or more on avg

Farming Frenzy Mage/necro/Enc can solo this camp 1 belt could ez tons of pp per hr

Reaper of dead farming. Elf skelly lvl 22 mob, reaper is about 500pp? Usually can get one every 2 hours.

Clerics ressing/Druids/wizzy porting also good income(could be horrid)

Melee farming HBC (most meele can solo this camp) though hard to put per hour but one drop still good PP

Farm Sol Ro gear, and sell it. Stuff is stupid ez(minus totemic helm), and most of sells fast atm.

These are just 1 of many ways 300pp an hour is manageable.

drackgon
08-20-2020, 09:46 AM
Tuljin bud, +10000 for quality post.

Snortles Chortles
08-20-2020, 10:33 AM
did not read the preceding forum novels

Bondrake
08-20-2020, 10:37 AM
did not read the preceding forum novels

Probably because you read at a second grade level.

Snortles Chortles
08-20-2020, 11:27 AM
https://i.imgur.com/ZBNuNrH_d.jpg?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&fidelity=medium

Nuggie
08-20-2020, 03:26 PM
Good post tuljin

kjs86z
08-20-2020, 03:43 PM
What's really interesting about this thread is that it was started by one of the biggest assholes to play on P99 and start this ridiculous ~~~rAiD~~~ escalation...8 years ago? 9?

You leave the server and come back and see that now people are charging dues for guild membership on top of other requirements. What happened is one guild started to do it, now everybody else does it. Nobody else did it before. This isn't "how it is." It's unprecedented on P99 and it is a very new phenomenon. It is another example of the -very- unclassic ~~~rAiD gUiLd~~~ escalation.

I mean, there was a period in time (a long period) where there were no "clicky requirements." Another example of escalation. When you throw 100 people at a target you don't even need to click shit.

What all the nubs on this server that sign up for this shit to coattail ride don't realize that what is really "classic" is a handful of Crowns of Riles on the entire server. Not...5 years of Kunark. Not "how many full BiS level 60s do you have after 5 years of NToV races." In "classic" EQ the idea of a fully BiS toon in an expansion besides a guild tank is absolutely laughable.

There are so many people lined up for this stupid shit and it is simply impossible for everybody to get loot on a truly "classic" timeline. So you make it "harder" to meet raid requirements, charge people -more- money to be in the guild, lots of people aren't getting -any- drops, then you....don't have warmbody nubs lining up to fill out your guild anymore.

I don't like the "entitled" nubs on Green. The /petition culture, the people reporting people for name violations, the camping individual spawns, blah blah, its so much different than the "wild west" of earlier days of Blue when people still understood the "rules" of EQ...not our understanding of the rules after 5+ years of ridiculous FTE races and carebear bullshit.

What happens is....these same "entitled" nubs start following the ever-escalating ~~~rAiD rEqUiReMeNtS~~~ of the now decade-old cabal that has been going pathetically "hard" on 20 year old dragons for far too long. These same "entitled" people are still "entitled" - - - they just now think that jumping through flaming hoops to get other people server first drops "entitles" them to loot instead of just sitting around bitching about it. The thing is - - - it doesn't. These people can't do shit on their own, it'll be amazing to see how many people on this box -will not- get to 60.

The "entitlement" actually comes from both sides. Why do the people who forum jockey and make spreadsheets all fucking day "deserve" drops over someone who puts their time in in Norrath? The answer? They don't "deserve" shit. They just make the fucking rules. The people "in charge" get the drops and continue to make/alter the rules so that they continue to get them.

Here's the thing - I'm not even "mad" about it. I simply don't participate. I know I don't "deserve" it and I'm not "entitled" at all. I will say though...that its fucking stupid. And that's just, like, my opinion, man. And a lot of people on P99 would agree (besides the nubs, of course, who have no understanding of anything different)

There won't be enough gear to go around on this box for how many mouths there are to feed. That is a fact.

Yes this is true...and this is how you get level 50 druids fucking quadding Oggok guards and fucking with peoples XP just to farm fine steel. Exactly what someone wants to do when they could be camping some ez bullshit AFK green mob for DKP or poopsocking for DKP or spending time at guild events getting attendance. Invest in DKP not coin

I mean sure dude...but what happens to all that shit you give away when you're in the rat race to be awarded loot all day. That's the point

This shit is hilarious

https://youtu.be/Jawx1Wut0GE

AgentEpilot
08-20-2020, 03:58 PM
Nothing says "Friends and Family, etc" like a monthly tithing. I remember my father beating me with the leather belt if I didn't cough up my 500 plat a month Son Status payment.

pickled_heretic
08-20-2020, 05:30 PM
I am a big fan of paywalls for multiplayer games. Even though rogean can't collect money off this project, we should all be forced to throw 20 dollars a month into a black hole to play here. Reduces the amount of degenerates substantially in the player base. Sounds like these guilds have the right idea along the same line.

Trexller
08-20-2020, 05:31 PM
Whatever guilds come up with ways to fund themselves without charging players are gonna see an increase in membership

By trying to tax your members you are gonna defund yourself.

Anyone thinking that 100% of these funds are going toward guild function only are naive and lying to themselves. a couple guys are gonna collect from 100 people? lulz.

Who is to say who paid what and when? Its not like there will be an electronic transaction history and an SEC/IRS auditing this income

AgentEpilot
08-20-2020, 06:08 PM
Who is to say who paid what and when? Its not like there will be an electronic transaction history and an SEC/IRS auditing this income

We can form the Regulatory Body of Pixel Finances, members would be able to have GM access into logs for trades.

There are people that would feel super important by doing this.

Baler
08-20-2020, 09:40 PM
Where do I sign up, 500p in an hour ezpz
do I get any flair on the aussie forums?

Bardp1999
08-21-2020, 02:02 AM
This game creates raving lunatics out of mild mannered nerds

BarnabusCollins
08-21-2020, 08:49 AM
All raid guilds are a ponzi scheme

kaev
08-21-2020, 10:54 AM
All raid guilds are a ponzi scheme

about time somebody manned up and stated the obvious

Pint
08-21-2020, 12:54 PM