PDA

View Full Version : Can your guild wipe during a raid and laugh it off??

jazzman_so_fresh
08-16-2020, 06:59 PM
Too many guilds think pixels are serious business. And I guess they are. 70k/week recharges, and you gotta kill the mobs to retain people.

Somehow, though, these guilds changed from "come out whenever/however you can" to, "you better be on time and pay attention.". I get that some players don't have a source of success in their lives and need to win at everquest, and I felt that way too. But if I have a delicious slice of pizza in my hand, you are going to get one manasong and that's it.

So, who wants to a 60 bard to come out to their raid sometimes, and sometimes pay attention, and sometimes /q at the most inconvenient times because he's gotta go?

Jibartik
08-16-2020, 07:10 PM
This has nothing to do with OP really but can someone break down for a non raider what the 70k recharge costs entail? Thats neat. I like that. But I dont know what could cost that much! But would like to. Can some kind soul break this down for me?

Dreenk317
08-16-2020, 07:35 PM
I'm helping Jibartik hijack this thread. In answer to your question Jibblez. The recharges cover anything and everything that was used for the accomplishment of the raid. Wort pots, aggro clickies, WC caps, etc. With the recent changes to recharge costs. A lot of items are no longer used due to recharge cost. Or, they are just that much more expensive to recharge. Like puppet strings and root nets. Iirc its 20k plat to recharge 1 strings, and 5k ish for a root net. But, it can be argued that its faster/easier to recharge items for a large guild, then to farm up enough new ones to raid again.

jazzman_so_fresh
08-16-2020, 08:12 PM
Before the nerf:
• FTE was done with a root net or a metal wand... Something like 30pp(?) per cast.
• Tanks would use prayer of life if agro was ever lost on them (400pp per cast)
•. Half the people at a klandi or gore fight would have wort pots, which are 150hp per click, often clicked in threes, at 80pp per click.
• venril sathir needs a rune chain, which consumes a 10pp peridot, casted every 10 seconds. This also applies to Yael,
Maestro and a few others.
• aegolism (the cleric HP buff) costs a peridot too.
• we mostly farm DA idols, but you pay 600pp for one in the tunnel, used to set up and position a target before everyone attacks

Jibartik
08-16-2020, 08:21 PM
So Im used to having to be individually responsible for most of that stuff, sans asking for some gems now and then from the guild bank,and just bitching and moaning about how nobody cares about my rune costs lol

But it sounds like now things are more organized? If I were raiding I would obtain all these from the guild-bank? caps, and stuff? Gems? Or would I submit a recept (a tell) lol, to the guild bank, I need X peridots before/after a raid?

I still am surprised it can get that high per raid night? Or is that a bit of an exaggeration?

Edit: I guess with sky stones and stuff, but still, I'm like wow, 70k of plat gets burnt per guild per raid night? That's awesome for the economy but, still like shocking lol Midnight mallets and stuff? The recharge of those a big cost to this?

Those rune shields? Im just more surprised 70k of that is necessary per night per raid, not a super rare case?

jazzman_so_fresh
08-16-2020, 09:30 PM
AG required you to buy the item first (1k for cap, 1ish for wort pots).

Two earthquakes in one week makes a guild starved for cash and looking to sell vindi loot rights.

Goodest
08-16-2020, 11:21 PM
AHH panoram... you join raiding guilds yet you do not want to raid... then you join casual guilds and get mad they do not raid.

Stop being mad brah.

Ripqozko
08-16-2020, 11:30 PM
why you got to be mad, its only game.

jazzman_so_fresh
08-17-2020, 02:02 AM
Ive had a wonderful raiding career in AG, and I do like raiding. I think you missed the point. I don't want to buy dual 30in monitors, buy a 20-button gaming mouse, Mount my eq folder on a ram disk, and use a 2nd computer to view a screen share. I want to show up, get buffed, fart around until it's go time, kill, then head off to enjoy other parts of the game.

Knivek
08-17-2020, 03:27 AM
Jazz you should look into Lighthouse if endgame raiding (NToV/ST/VP etc) is not a requirement for you. We're laid back but still quite succesful in what we do.
https://p99lighthouse.com

Mickets
08-17-2020, 10:11 AM
You have a problem with guilds who expect you to pay attention when raiding? lol

supercalif
08-17-2020, 12:50 PM
Ive had a wonderful raiding career in AG, and I do like raiding. I think you missed the point. I don't want to buy dual 30in monitors, buy a 20-button gaming mouse, Mount my eq folder on a ram disk, and use a 2nd computer to view a screen share. I want to show up, get buffed, fart around until it's go time, kill, then head off to enjoy other parts of the game.

Not sure I understand here. I have none of the above and do just fine raiding with AG at at 40% attendance rate.

I can certainly understand raid leaders getting mad when you're not in discord, creating wipes and slowing the team down. TOV is the most competitive spot in this game yet you don't want to do any of that? Then don't join the TOV raids? The other stuff is pretty simple and laid back (e.g. hate, fear, sky, kael, etc.).

I don't like you throwing salt on the guild when you're not willing to contribute in a positive way and rage quit when you're the weak link. For me personally I don't play EQ at all when I'm with my family during our key time together. I have 2 kids, 2 dogs, wonderful wife and demanding job aside from playing this great past time. This for me means I don't play on weekends until everyone is asleep or in off hours in-between some work stuff here and there (#workingfromhome).

I know that I cannot give full attention and guarantee that I can be relied on for my key tasks otherwise(e.g. CH Chain, Slow team, Torp, etc.). I can only speak for myself but this works for me. I have that amount of respect for my peers, you should too.

Ripqozko
08-17-2020, 01:08 PM
Join AG now and you can play with OP. This is the best Recruitment thread for AG.

Damarous
08-17-2020, 01:32 PM
Jazzman,

Highly recommend Dawn Believers for some casual raiding fun.

Fammaden
08-17-2020, 05:13 PM

You aren't in the wrong guild, you're maining the wrong class. Its possible to be more laid back (warmbody) and still raid on P99, but the days of the stereotypical turn-on-mana-song-and-afk bard are long gone and you know it.

condap99
08-17-2020, 05:21 PM

You're overselling how hard this is. 2 monitors & decent gaming machine is all that's needed.

You don't need a second machine for a screenshare.

jazzman_so_fresh
08-17-2020, 05:59 PM
So I guess it shows wisdom to change your opinion when faced with new facts.

I won't do NTOV unless I'm willing to have 100% focus. This means that the guild might have slightly less kill power, especially after an eq, and we might lose a target.

This isn't a hate on AG. There are 30-some characteristics that make up a guild, and one is a sore spot for me. Obviously it's not for 200 other Blue players.

I'll just concede and let the peeps who want to work hard for their loot do their thing.

Baler
08-17-2020, 06:12 PM
Wiping on a raid is important...

If your guild has little experience recovering from a wipe, their recovery time will be very slow vs another guild who has experience recovering from a wipe.

I would even go so far as to say a proper raid guild should practice wiping when targets aren't in window so people know what to do and how to recover properly.

When targets aren't in window, Plane of Fear is a fantastic place to practice,.. Kiting, pulling, tagging, wiping, AEing, CH chain, tank swapping, the list goes on.

rjw513
08-17-2020, 08:11 PM
Always wipe during raids...idc what your guild expects! if you don’t wipe with the sock you pooped in, you might get an infection. gross!!

galach
08-17-2020, 10:26 PM
moved to RNF.

Trexller
08-17-2020, 10:35 PM
I bought the shaman epic tear last year from AG. an officer told me that they never do this, but would in this case because the guild bank went broke.

Trexller
08-17-2020, 10:38 PM
err not to shit on AG, just highlight the real cost of operations.

douglas1999
08-17-2020, 11:24 PM
Imagine thinking that recharging isn't super obviously bad for a social game. Fuck all recharging, it sucks, it isolates individual people as well as full guilds and creates less player to player interaction. There should be a novel raid guild that strictly prohibits recharging. Who knows how they'd enforce it, but they would be about 5000% more legitimate if they did. Green 2.0 should be fuck obvious exploits, just beat the damn encounters with the innate abilities of your classes or eat shit.

douglas1999
08-17-2020, 11:26 PM
MQ'ing I think is actually good and promotes social interaction and a flexible elf economy. It would be great if epic MQ encounters weren't trivialized by gay rechargables though.

indiscriminate_hater
08-18-2020, 12:05 AM
Hey guys here's my totally arbitrary idea on how to play this decades-old elf sim. Here's why I'm right and the rest of the server is wrong.