PDA

View Full Version : Only Bard Can Go Veeshan...but does it help?

Castle2.0
08-15-2020, 11:24 PM
Any benefit?

Videri
08-15-2020, 11:54 PM
I think it makes you dubious to Claws of Veeshan when Velious drops. You may already be able to become non-KoS with faction song, though...I forget.

zodium
08-16-2020, 04:16 AM
veeshan has some of the most generous faction modifiers generally iirc. in the sense that not many npcs hate veeshan worshippers. it's very good.

Dolalin
08-16-2020, 04:52 AM
My bards always went Veeshan. You're generally one faction level below what you'd be with other deities in good cities, but for the most part it's functionally equivalent to being Agnostic since nobody especially hates Veeshan... except maybe Mistmoore?

It's a fun RP aspect but not useful for much else.

Jimjam
08-16-2020, 07:04 AM
I went for Mith Marr human cos I felt that best emphasised singing psalms and praises of heroic deeds.

Veeshan just feels like an apologist for some of the worst factions in Norrath.

Bigsham
08-16-2020, 04:50 PM
Purple cultural armor

Cen
08-16-2020, 09:23 PM
Veeshan is technically with Solusek Ro a min max choice due to having the highest net faction in the game (Solusek gets smaller bonuses to things like knights of truth and priests of marr) Veeshan makes you dubious to claws of veeshan which is a huge boost, but that faction is already easy to raise.

Essentially, your diety min max tier is something like this:

Veeshan/Solusek -> Agnostic/Bristlebane -> Inorruuk/Tunare -> RZ/CT -> All other good -> Bertoxxulous

Note that some have few options to worship, like Solusek is Wizard Bard only, Veeshan only bard, etc

Its just a straightforward thing like saying Ogre -> Iksar -> Halfling -> whatever for racials. it don't matter too much

Tankwipe
08-16-2020, 10:09 PM
Veeshan is technically with Solusek Ro a min max choice due to having the highest net faction in the game (Solusek gets smaller bonuses to things like knights of truth and priests of marr) Veeshan makes you dubious to claws of veeshan which is a huge boost, but that faction is already easy to raise.

Essentially, your diety min max tier is something like this:

Veeshan/Solusek -> Agnostic/Bristlebane -> Inorruuk/Tunare -> RZ/CT -> All other good -> Bertoxxulous

Note that some have few options to worship, like Solusek is Wizard Bard only, Veeshan only bard, etc

Its just a straightforward thing like saying Ogre -> Iksar -> Halfling -> whatever for racials. it don't matter too much
Maybe this was a fever dream but I recall being able to talk to an NPC to change your deity to Solusek Ro. Was this is in classic? Did it exist at all?

Benanov
08-17-2020, 12:21 AM
Maybe this was a fever dream but I recall being able to talk to an NPC to change your deity to Solusek Ro. Was this is in classic? Did it exist at all?

Nope.

Benanov
08-17-2020, 12:22 AM
There was one server where Monks could go Veeshan, but that was because being Agnostic was forbidden.

Cen
08-17-2020, 01:46 AM
There was one server where Monks could go Veeshan, but that was because being Agnostic was forbidden.

On Sullon Zek at the very least this is the case. Otherwise the Neut team wouldn't have monks, so they allowed Qeynos Monks to be Veeshan. Of course, monks were slightly more core then some other classes that werent on some teams. Evils didn't have Druids or Rangers and Neuts and Goods had no Necro or SK, so it was a fair trade more or less.

Shaman's had additionally Mith Marr as a choice for Barbarians allowing them to be Good, while Tribunal was considered Neuts.

I played on Good though in Flowers. It was hardmode IMO :p

Castle2.0
08-17-2020, 09:53 AM
Being a Solusek wizard made me non-KoS to gobs in Sol A... but that may have been on an emu so who knows.

Zipity
08-20-2020, 09:32 PM
You can be non kos with faction buffs to VP trash big benefit.

uygi
08-21-2020, 09:28 PM
You can be non kos with faction buffs to VP trash big benefit.

Not true, at least it wasn't on Blue. We tested it, the VP trash is on KoS faction, not Minions of Scale. You can be non-KoS to Minions (like Skyfire trash) with faction spell/song, but if you zone into VP and test it there you're still scowling.

Frindino
08-24-2020, 03:26 PM
what benefit is there to having good relations with Veeshan

Benanov
08-25-2020, 11:10 AM
what benefit is there to having good relations with Veeshan

You're eaten last.

Nuggie
08-28-2020, 10:41 PM
Imagine Velious Launch Day -1. You're planning on how to traverse the continent to lay claim to.... whatever camp it is that you want. But alas, how do you circumvent those nasty see-invis dragons?

Thankfully, some years ago you had planned for this very moment. The rest of the neckbeards are going to have to grind their faction to be able to safely make their way across WL without Woushi harassing them. Across the frozen Western Wastes and it's multitude of scaley beasts. You log onto your Veeshan Bard to race across the continent, unhindered by his dragon-kind brethren.

Another route is to go Zek so you dont have to deal with the kael drakkel trains(except when some asshole adds Vindi into the mix, holy shit).